Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cricket eater joe
Nov 11, 2005

by Ozmaugh
Yay! I got on Loveline tonight! It was a pretty simple call. I called in and they threw me on first and I asked Drew how he had "the sex talk" with his kids." He basically said that he never actually sat down for the talk and instead they brought him questions as they grew up and he was open with them about whatever they wanted to know. It did freak me out a little bit because I asked him when his kids first brought up sex to him and he said that his daughter did when she was five!

Getting through was honestly pretty easy. I called in about five minutes before the show and gave them my question. The screener said that I would be on first and put me on hold while I listened to Drew and Mike bullshit. A short time later the show started and I was the first caller on. Also, Anderson called me an rear end kisser because after my question I told Drew I had read his books and I listened to Loveline archives at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
Does anyone know the episode where the caller is asking if you can get STD's from your penis touching the bowl or water of a public toilet, and Drew laments that his penis goes all the way into the water? Adam goes nuts immediately after.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Yeah what the hell is up with American toilets having so much water in the bowl?

Australian Toilet;

USA Toilet;

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
My toilet has about as much as the "australia toilet" and I'm in the USA so I don't know what you're on about

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm in Korea and the toilet's full of water. The Germans are the only truly weird ones, with that water-free shelf so you can inspect your poo poo before you flush.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Old toilets have lots of water, newer ones have less. Restaurants also use the less water version because they're considered more sanitary (or so I've been told).

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Whitey Ford posted:

Yeah what the hell is up with American toilets having so much water in the bowl?

Australian Toilet;

USA Toilet;

You know there are more options than USA toilet or Australian toilet right :colbert: My grandparents had one that held about half of what the Australian one does in your photo, and the seat was tiny... before people got fat I guess. That thing sucked. Even for skinny ole me.

But now you can buy just about anything here in America, as long as they don't use 90 gallons of water per flush. Enough toilet talk, let's get to the sex!

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

cricket eater joe posted:

Yay! I got on Loveline tonight! It was a pretty simple call. I called in and they threw me on first and I asked Drew how he had "the sex talk" with his kids." He basically said that he never actually sat down for the talk and instead they brought him questions as they grew up and he was open with them about whatever they wanted to know. It did freak me out a little bit because I asked him when his kids first brought up sex to him and he said that his daughter did when she was five!

Getting through was honestly pretty easy. I called in about five minutes before the show and gave them my question. The screener said that I would be on first and put me on hold while I listened to Drew and Mike bullshit. A short time later the show started and I was the first caller on. Also, Anderson called me an rear end kisser because after my question I told Drew I had read his books and I listened to Loveline archives at work.

I think its great a toilet discussion has overridden your actual experience with Loveline. I will listen to it later. Did they ask your age?

I think maybe you were just lucky. Anderson has commented many times people have to try over and over to get on. Or perhaps calling before the show begins was a tactic the stoned 15 year olds didn't think of.

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

cricket eater joe posted:

Heard you on the show, Drew actually seemed legitimately interested in the question. I knew the call must have been from one of you guys after Loveline archives were mentioned.

Hormones
May 9, 2009

CatchrNdRy posted:

I think its great a toilet discussion has overridden your actual experience with Loveline. I will listen to it later. Did they ask your age?

I think maybe you were just lucky. Anderson has commented many times people have to try over and over to get on. Or perhaps calling before the show begins was a tactic the stoned 15 year olds didn't think of.

Just lucky. I got on once in 2009 by calling around 9:30. Since then I have tried about 10 times trying at 9:30, 9:45 and in the entire 10-12 timeframe of the show. It's always the same thing, the screener answers with "Loveline, what's your question?" You tell her (always been a girl in my case), and she says "Okay hold on", you hear the hold music and about 10 seconds later she comes back with "Sorry, can't take your call tonight, *click*". And that's it.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
Heh, was listening to a show from March or April of 2000 the other day (don't have the exact date) and Adam makes a reference to taking a picture of a caller's vagina with a newspaper with today's date next to it. Sure enough, Drew makes the exact same 'and a dime for scale' joke that he made several years later when Adam made such a big deal about Drew saying something funny. This time though Adam barely responds to it.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

Arturo Ui posted:

Heh, was listening to a show from March or April of 2000 the other day (don't have the exact date) and Adam makes a reference to taking a picture of a caller's vagina with a newspaper with today's date next to it. Sure enough, Drew makes the exact same 'and a dime for scale' joke that he made several years later when Adam made such a big deal about Drew saying something funny. This time though Adam barely responds to it.

Haha wow, good catch. I don't take much offense to the recycling of some jokes/stories, since there's something like 5000 hours of Adam/Drew Loveline out there. I've never caught myself listening to something recycled and thinking "I am so goddamn sick of this story"

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Pzykotic posted:

Haha wow, good catch. I don't take much offense to the recycling of some jokes/stories, since there's something like 5000 hours of Adam/Drew Loveline out there. I've never caught myself listening to something recycled and thinking "I am so goddamn sick of this story"

I can never get sick of Teeem the Russian rapper.

Why don't ze girls like me? Maybee I'm goineeng to pop a cap in theese beetches!

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 13, 2011

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I got back khand like Jon McEnroe. The beetch steps up, I'm slapping de ho!

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Did Carolla ever brought up that while he was in highschool he was recruited by a D1 (albeit 1-AA at the time) school for football on Loveline? It says on here that he was, although I don't know if it is accurate: http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvdb/wiki/Adam_Carolla

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Did Carolla ever brought up that while he was in highschool he was recruited by a D1 (albeit 1-AA at the time) school for football on Loveline? It says on here that he was, although I don't know if it is accurate: http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvdb/wiki/Adam_Carolla

Yeah, he's talked about that before. He's said their team was awful when they tried to recruit him.

frobert blamble
Feb 6, 2009

by T. Finn

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah, he's talked about that before. He's said their team was awful when they tried to recruit him.

Yeah Carolla was supposedly a pretty talented athlete. I remember one episode of Loveline where he said the reason he didn't take the offer and go to school was because it seemed like there was a lot of paperwork involved and 18-year-old Adam just couldn't be bothered.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

frobert blamble posted:

Yeah Carolla was supposedly a pretty talented athlete. I remember one episode of Loveline where he said the reason he didn't take the offer and go to school was because it seemed like there was a lot of paperwork involved and 18-year-old Adam just couldn't be bothered.

He is a great long snapper, his TLC show did a segment on it. Very impressive.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Why would I believe an article that doesn't even mention Carolla's crippling case of Crohn's disease?

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Hey Liface, I was randomly browsing for shows in lovelinetapes and saw you had commented on EBRUARY 8, 1999, asking if you wanted the show uploaded cause it was blank. if its not a terrible amount of trouble, could you upload it? Thanks!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

human being better run

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Grand Fromage posted:

human being better run

I love that quote because it just sounds so disjointed. Did someone edit it together from three separate clips?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Riptor posted:

I love that quote because it just sounds so disjointed. Did someone edit it together from three separate clips?

I assume so, from the sound and the fact that I can't imagine when Drew would actually say that.

But, why ain't you got no play playa?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nope, human being better run is one sentence. He's reading the lyrics from a rap album.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
If you had a hizzy, you'd be out of the HOUSE.

Urban Dr Drew is a good Drew.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
That's my main man mayonnaise!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I was bored, so I put a spear through my penis.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

UltraRed posted:

Nope, human being better run is one sentence. He's reading the lyrics from a rap album.

Not rap, a song by Me'Shell Ndegeocello:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0N83NvSfk4

Adam had Drew read the lyrics to the song when she was a guest.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Grand Fromage posted:

I got back khand like Jon McEnroe. The beetch steps up, I'm slapping de ho!

I recently heard the story about Adam driving Teem and Adam's Catholic little brother Nate back from school. Remember Teem is lardy and Nate is so skinny that his knees are the widest part of his body.

They were sullen about being ignored by girls and Adam was trying to give them a pep talk; next year the girls would be after older sophomores like them.

"Ehh who are you trying to keed? Nate is too skeeny. And I am too fet!" :smith:

And Adam didn't know how to reply.

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 18, 2011

NIGARS
Sep 12, 2004

yeah nigars

40 OZ posted:

Does anyone know the episode where the caller is asking if you can get STD's from your penis touching the bowl or water of a public toilet, and Drew laments that his penis goes all the way into the water? Adam goes nuts immediately after.

It's 2005-04-07, call starts at about 56:00. One of the funniest segments I've heard in a long time. Just as Adam gets over it, the next caller comments that he suffers from the same affliction and sets him off again.

NIGARS fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 18, 2011

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

A caller just said "uh yeah I have a question for Drew and Dr Adam"

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Carolla on Kimmel tonight.

Hormones
May 9, 2009

Bobby Malone posted:

Not rap, a song by Me'Shell Ndegeocello:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0N83NvSfk4

Adam had Drew read the lyrics to the song when she was a guest.

Who's got a date for this?

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

NIGARS posted:

It's 2005-04-07, call starts at about 56:00. One of the funniest segments I've heard in a long time. Just as Adam gets over it, the next caller comments that he suffers from the same affliction and sets him off again.

Bless you.

In the water?! IN THE WATER?

.....DREW?!!!

PASSIONATE, PASSIONATE MAN!!

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 20, 2011

MC_
Sep 11, 2003

Was watching the Dr Drew show on HLN and regarding one element of the Schwarzeneggar thing he said "It makes me sick!" and it sounded exactly like it does in the years (decades?) old Dr Drew boogie. :laugh:

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

MC_ posted:

Was watching the Dr Drew show on HLN and regarding one element of the Schwarzeneggar thing he said "It makes me sick!" and it sounded exactly like it does in the years (decades?) old Dr Drew boogie. :laugh:

It's an attack on his family!

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Hormones posted:

Who's got a date for this?

I believe it's this 1996 show, Meshell Ndegeocello was also on again in 1999.

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=17&h=NjE0YTNjNTd

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I- uh- I-I'm a rapist

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Hurts when I urinate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatchrNdRy