Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I love that Woolie's slow playstyle helped him blunder into getting the skeptical man to go to the cathedral. Pat was ready to write the guy off but Woolie insisted on seeing if the clinic option gave alternate dialogue.

CJacobs posted:

Speaking of Bloodborne, is the playthrough like... running together for anybody else? I'm having trouble watching it as it's released because I always forget immediately what they're doing and where they were last time. It might be because almost every area they've been through so far has looked the same as the last one maybe, but either way the whole thing is just a blur for me.

The forest is the turning point where the game's environment and enemy design get amazingly good, so that shouldn't be a problem for much longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pigbuster posted:

The forest is the turning point where the game's environment and enemy design get amazingly good, so that shouldn't be a problem for much longer.

Yeah I can't wait to hear their reaction to some of the later zones. And the big reveal of some of the other insight shenanigans.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I hope they figure out the tonsil stone

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I do not get why Pat can't understand why Woolie is irritated with him at the beginning of ep25. It's like, dude, it's not the fact that you know things that are going to happen in the playthrough because you played ahead, it's the fact that both players explicitly declared at the beginning of the drat thing that they were going to hold off on playing ahead of the LP at all in general. The fact that Pat played ahead in the first place is why Woolie is mad at him and him going "but I stopped!!" doesn't mean anything when the place where he stopped is ahead of where the LP is!

also it's going to unlock those tiny leprechaun chains and make Pat even more insufferable than usual

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So uh, I'm a bit confused in MKX lore. They said Johnny died really early, like MK3, so is his shadow energy thing being immune to god powers a new thing?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah I can't wait to hear their reaction to some of the later zones. And the big reveal of some of the other insight shenanigans.

This is seriously the closest we're ever going to get to a blind Drakengard playthrough, it's going to be something magical to be sure.

lets hang out posted:

I think there's a point just coming up where you-know-who is always gaurenteed to show up, and they've already caught a glimpse of the "godhead" so hopefully they'll be able to put two-and-two together.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

So uh, I'm a bit confused in MKX lore. They said Johnny died really early, like MK3, so is his shadow energy thing being immune to god powers a new thing?

It's apparently triggered by a loved one (Sonya in this timeline) being in danger so I guess in the other games he only loved himself. IIRC one of his old arcade endings explained his shadow powers in the same way the MKX does (descendant of a warrior cult that fought alongside the gods)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

best possible end to that episode

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

lets hang out posted:

I just did. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing.

Also, losing 60,000 blood echoes because those two assholes in front of the Grand Cathedral made me go into full frenzy is fun! :suicide:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Pat is actually the worst (sometimes) and Woolie has the patience of a saint to not have killed him during the DS2 LP.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I seriously can't believe that Galactic Storm is real. It looks like a terrible Chinese knockoff of MvC.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah Pat is kind of being a stick in the mud in recent Bloodborne episodes. Not in a MEAN way but a pretty annoying backseat gamer kind of way. He complains about backseat gaming a whole bunch whenever it's happening to him so it's kind of disappointing to see him be such a hypocrite about it.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpWwbcnVOQk

loving LIAM. REMEMBER THE GOD drat COOKIES YOU SCRUB :livintrope:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol loving hearing a pin drop when Liam put his hand on Pat's TV. I like the slow burn awkward myself.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

CJacobs posted:

Yeah Pat is kind of being a stick in the mud in recent Bloodborne episodes. Not in a MEAN way but a pretty annoying backseat gamer kind of way. He complains about backseat gaming a whole bunch whenever it's happening to him so it's kind of disappointing to see him be such a hypocrite about it.

you're dealing with an insane person who goes through a thousand bedsheet folding steps just to go to loving bed, what did you expect of him? the loss of control must've been driving him crazy.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Al-Saqr posted:

a thousand bedsheet folding steps

"My Hanzo sheets have been folded over one thousand times. Vastly superior to your Western bedding techniques."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

Lol loving hearing a pin drop when Liam put his hand on Pat's TV. I like the slow burn awkward myself.

Pat is going to snap one day isn't he?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pat's gonna snap one day and try to kill the others, but Woolie's just gonna plant one hand on Pat's head like a bully on the playground and all he'll be able to do is swing angrily at the air while yelling about JoJo or something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DumbparameciuM posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpWwbcnVOQk

loving LIAM. REMEMBER THE GOD drat COOKIES YOU SCRUB :livintrope:

Oh god, this loving game. I remembered buying this thinking it'd be terrible and it wasn't even just terrible. It was like some form of advanced awful, especially because I could never figure out how to put the whole game on the screen, so I had to look at the gamepad to see the health bars and poo poo.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

Is raiden a monk or a god of thunder?
They're all one-dimensional douchebags in my eyes.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

FauxGateau posted:

What time in the scrublords video was this?

vv thanks.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 2, 2015

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

havenwaters posted:

What time in the scrublords video was this?

19:40

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pat is the most humongous baby in this scrublords it's fantastic. Like maybe it's because I grew up with a large family and lots of kids a lot younger than I was but all you gotta do is clean the screen. It's not like Liam shoved his hand through it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Wow, pat doesn't even allow people to take a dump in his own apartment, what an absolutely insane person. how the gently caress do the gang survive doing an LP in his house?!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow, pat doesn't even allow people to take a dump in his own apartment, what an absolutely insane person. how the gently caress do the gang survive doing an LP in his house?!

I want to imagine that he will eventually begin saran-wrapping his furniture as he gets older. That is, if he hasn't already.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

I want to imagine that he will eventually begin saran-wrapping his furniture as he gets older. That is, if he hasn't already.

It's weird, because from the latest podcast video we can see the American flag draped recliner he's always on and it's filthy and ghetto as all hell.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

It's weird, because from the latest podcast video we can see the American flag draped recliner he's always on and it's filthy and ghetto as all hell.

But it's HIS filth that's on it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Are we getting another "What games are coming out this month" or was that a one time thing only?
Also now that MKX is over, I feel compelled to post this for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 2, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Al-Saqr posted:

I love how Woolie continues with it. "Didn't you ever wonder what we did when we went in there? Burn some candles, take a bath!"

I want to believe Woolie now ONLY shits in Pat's apartment, because even he refuses to use Woolie's Bathroom.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 3, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Which video is this pat lore from?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Newest Scrublords.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Speaking of new lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk79TE2OF14

Liam is a Russian spy, Pat's dad is a Russian who taught him to butcher fish.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

Don't forget that Pat's the person who threw out all his food one time because of a bug and his paranoia.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

HGH posted:

Are we getting another "What games are coming out this month" or was that a one time thing only?
Also now that MKX is over, I feel compelled to post this for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ

I unironically love this album. It's so bad, it's good.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I feel awful, just awful for knowing who most of those characters were in Avengers in Galactic Storm. Dumb semi-obscure schlock characters from DC and Marvel are my bag.

EDIT: I loving died at Hank Pym's Robin Williams arm.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 3, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

quote:

Patrick Boivin @AngriestPat · Apr 30
God damnit am I seriously back into FF14. Why is it so good.

Patrick Boivin @AngriestPat · Apr 30
....and I think I'm done with FF14. I did a quest with other people and was like grossed out ew co-op.

what is it like to be a crazy person

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Pat continues to turn into that guy who'll throw poo poo that you did eight months ago at you in an argument about menial bullshit like which bit of a game is the dumbest.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blockhouse posted:

Pat's only saving grace is that he knows he's crazy.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Blockhouse posted:

I don't know why Pat got into a MMO when he knows that he (selectively) hates co-op.

Granted I guess his only reference is WoW which I don't remember having as many low-level dungeons content as FFXIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I would love to study the Patrick Boivin. Sitting in a corner with my glasses on ready with a pen and notepad. But eventually, I would have to use his bathroom.