Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Joementum posted:

Rand is bringing back the half hour campaign ad with a purchase of a 30 minute slot in the Des Moines market for late April / early May.

I'm in favor of his half hour campaign ad. Then he'll have an entire half hour to contradict himself / look insane :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

ARE YOU READY?

WILL YOU WELCOME EPIC RECORDING ARTIST CHEAP TRICK

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Does having an officially filed campaign make it easier to collect campaign contributions?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

blunt for century posted:

I'm in favor of his half hour campaign ad. Then he'll have an entire half hour to contradict himself / look insane :getin:

He's going to look MUCH less insane than the rest of the GOP field.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

mcmagic posted:

He's going to look MUCH less insane than the rest of the GOP field.

True. That's when you remind the voters that he isn't a Christian. He's an Aqua Buddhist :v:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I genuinely don't think rand is ready for the national spotlight in any way, shape or form and believe this is gonna be a goofier shitshow than Ron's campaigns ever were

according to everybody I've ever known who visited his practice, the man literally does not know how to interact with other human beings in even the most perfunctory manner. I can't wait for him to have to stump through the gymnasiums of Iowa and New Hampshire, making small-talk with salt-of-the-earth corn farmers and disgruntled syrup merchants

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

PupsOfWar posted:

I genuinely don't think rand is ready for the national spotlight in any way, shape or form and believe this is gonna be a goofier shitshow than Ron's campaigns ever were

according to everybody I've ever known who visited his practice, the man literally does not know how to interact with other human beings in even the most perfunctory manner, and I can't wait for him to stump through Iowa and New Hampshire

He got a good reception at Cal when he railed against the NSA and drone strikes, but I bet he'd have been run out of town had he said "by the way I stand by my remarks on how the Civil Rights Act went too far, also gently caress the Disability Act because it's unfair to businesses"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Does having an officially filed campaign make it easier to collect campaign contributions?

It makes it legal, so yeah.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
As you might expect, Ted Cruz's appeal to evangelicals is not subtle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EsDxRDEwhw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Joementum posted:

As you might expect, Ted Cruz's appeal to evangelicals is not subtle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EsDxRDEwhw

Nice implication that if not for magic Jesus his dad would've been a deadbeat and left his family heh.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Nice implication that if not for magic Jesus his dad would've been a deadbeat and left his family heh.

He has to distance himself from the browns somehow.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

He probably would have turned out better if he hadn't been raised by his father, considering that the man is a reactionary lunatic

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dr. Tough posted:

He probably would have turned out better if he hadn't been raised by his father, considering that the man is a reactionary lunatic

Yeah, his dad is a lunatic. A hilarious lunatic.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

PupsOfWar posted:

according to everybody I've ever known who visited his practice, the man literally does not know how to interact with other human beings in even the most perfunctory manner. I can't wait for him to have to stump through the gymnasiums of Iowa and New Hampshire, making small-talk with salt-of-the-earth corn farmers and disgruntled syrup merchants

So he's basically Fred_Thompson_Moose_Chili.jpg times a thousand?

Also why do I want to see a version of that GIF except with Ned Stark and "Winter Is Coming"?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

blunt for century posted:

No the first five minutes will be fine, at 5:01 however :getin:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TotalHell posted:

Subtlety schmubtlety

It's beautiful!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Modern Offices. Brooklyn Cool.

Politico reports that the Hillary campaign has signed a lease for office space in Brooklyn, a cool place where cool millennials live.

Foo
May 16, 2003
Professional Sponge

TotalHell posted:

Subtlety schmubtlety

Thank you for this horrifying image, which will soon grace my nightmares.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

So he's basically Fred_Thompson_Moose_Chili.jpg times a thousand?

Best Fred Thompson is still "can I get a round of applause?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt5YIJVwouE

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Isn't it idolatrous to present yourself as a saviour?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Even if it is American Christians don't give a poo poo about what rules they are supposed to follow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Radish posted:

Even if it is American Christians don't give a poo poo about what rules they are supposed to follow.

As long as they aren't the anti gay ones.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Shorter version of the Rand video:

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

ufarn posted:

Isn't it idolatrous to present yourself as a saviour?

Uhh, no? Why on Earth would you think what he's doing is idolatrous?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FAUXTON posted:

Technically yes but we might as well be discussing how the world would be if Hitler was gay and black.
Well, we're in year 6 of that situation, aren't we? :freep:

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Politico reports that the Hillary campaign has signed a lease for office space in Brooklyn, a cool place where cool millennials live.

Not in Brooklyn Heights they don't

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Joementum posted:

Shorter version of the Rand video:

You cut off the end, Joe.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

showbiz_liz posted:

Not in Brooklyn Heights they don't

gonna write a letter urging bernie to set up shop in owsley county

also jim webb

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 3, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Joementum posted:

Rand is bringing back the half hour campaign ad with a purchase of a 30 minute slot in the Des Moines market for late April / early May.

Oh goodie, my local CBS station, I'll have to break out the :munch: for this one. Wait though, when would this be on, I suppose during the day when I am at work? It said probably weekday, so is it just going to run instead of the Price is Right or some soap opera? Because that seems like it would piss off a bunch of daytime television watchers more than anything else.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Maarak posted:

Ah-hem. http://nymag.com/news/features/republican-caribbean-cruise-2012-12/

Six more pages of gold. I think there might have been a similar article back around the 2008 election.

What I wouldn't give for an audio recording of this.

quote:

As the Republican image stood today, said Lileks, “we’re the stupid people, we’re the yokels, we’re the dumb, we’re the racists, we’re the hicks, we’re against everything that’s hip and cool.”

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nessus posted:

Well, we're in year 6 of that situation, aren't we? :freep:

Complete with the gay boycott gestapo.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Every time I see this, the same question pops into my mind. Every time.

Can he do the hully-gully?

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker
I'm playing a little catchup but someone posted a Ted Cruz oriented Facebook thread a few pages back that included this image:

The layers of irony and misunderstanding were so thick and astounding that I immediately went looking for it and the top search result was this:

http://tribuneherald.net/2013/08/23/kkk-wins-lawsuit-against-bakery-for-discrimination/

quote:

KKK wins lawsuit against bakery for discrimination

A Georgia court has ruled in favor of Marshall Saxby, the Grand Wizard of a local KKK chapter, in a lawsuit stemming from two years ago when a local bakery denied him service.

The three judge panel concluded unanimously that the bakery had violated civil rights laws by discriminating against Saxby when they refused to sell him a cake for his organization’s annual birthday party.

Elaine Bailey, who owns Bailey Bakeries, refused to bake a cake for the ceremony because it violated her religious beliefs.

Saxby filed the lawsuit claiming that Bailey’s refusal of service was discriminatory against his religious beliefs.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TotalHell posted:

Subtlety schmubtlety

oh well it's not like I was sleeping tonight anyway

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

GalacticAcid posted:

at first glance i thought that building said Pepperoni Plaza. mamma mia!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chokes McGee posted:

oh well it's not like I was sleeping tonight anyway

I think one of the reject SCPs has [redacted]

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Joementum posted:

Hillary's not-a-campaign has signed a lease for offices in Brooklyn. The only reason why anyone should care about this "news" is that it counts as campaign activity under the rules, which means they need to file with the FEC within the next 15 days.

It would be amazing if she did a surprise announcement at the same time as Rand or Marco's scheduled events.

Could it have been a PAC or something that signed the lease, so she doesn't have to announce yet?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

He'd better have some charts.

• Locked thread