Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

There are two games coming out that I think look interesting. I am wondering if they are good or not.

Psycho Pass
Shiren the Wanderer.

PP is a VN that is out in Japan, but I can't seem to find any info other than that. And it's based on an anime.
Shiren looks kinda Zelda-like.

Shiren is a mystery dungeon game, not really like zelda at all. They're a subset of roguelikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That being said, I'm not sure whats different in this version but I had shiren for the DS and it was really good.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's shiren 5 instead of shiren 1 so aside from the gameplay basics it's pretty much all different

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wonder what is going on with them

#Brexit is short for Breast Exit.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

#Brexit is short for Breast Exit.

Only true because Cameron was the biggest boob of them all.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

lets hang out posted:

It's shiren 5 instead of shiren 1 so aside from the gameplay basics it's pretty much all different

It's not though. It's still the permadeath roguelike with a bunch of floors. The only Shiren I can think of which tried to change the basics was the Wii version which let you keep your equipment when you die, which made it lovely and dumb. I've only played DS, Asuka and 5 though, maybe the others are different.

It's absolutely nothing like Zelda. It's also not very friendly if you're not fond of starting at level 1 all over again with no gear a whole bunch of times.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

PP is a VN that is out in Japan, but I can't seem to find any info other than that. And it's based on an anime.
Shiren looks kinda Zelda-like.

I heard it was OK like if you're a fan of P-P then you'll probably like it since it'd feature a side story with the original cast. I'm on the fence since :10bux: and my backlog.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Vita got it good with this North American PSN flash sale. Check it out if you want cheap Soul Sacrifice Delta or Civilization Revolution 2 Plus!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

$12 Steins gate....

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Buy all the many good games in that list if you for some reason have not yet.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Was just about to buy Steins Gate 2 days ago..glad i waited

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That price seems good for X-COM but I was just watching some gameplay videos and I'm kind of shocked at how much shittier it looks and runs than the iOS version which I already have. I absolutely loving hate playing games on a touch screen though so the Vita version remains tempting.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
If I remember correctly the only thing touch screen actually does is wierd rear end wonky camera controls.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I meant on the iPhone, but if you have to use the Vita screen to control the camera that's sort of a deal breaker. You can still use the right stick for camera right?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

I meant on the iPhone, but if you have to use the Vita screen to control the camera that's sort of a deal breaker. You can still use the right stick for camera right?

The camera control is extremely limited on the Vita version, you turn it with the digital pad and move it with the right analogue stick, but you can't zoom out or turn it while aiming. The only thing you have to use the touch screen for is changing weapons.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Alder posted:

I heard it was OK like if you're a fan of P-P then you'll probably like it since it'd feature a side story with the original cast. I'm on the fence since :10bux: and my backlog.

Yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to the Psycho-pass game. I heard (could be mistaken) that it was based on the time between Seasons 1 and 2 of the anime which I've never seen. I was considering looking into it; I think it's on Hulu. I'm a fan of crime and dystopia genres so I might end up liking it.

Wolf Among Us is great but it's a shame how bad the performance of the Vita version is.

If you're in the Vita thread I'm going to assume you've already played it, but Steins;gate really is a great game. Any word on whether the related game (0?) will come out in NA?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I like Anime

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ruggington posted:

I like Anime

I dunno, it's a little too anime for my tastes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think steinsgate 0 is getting localized but i dont remember whhy i think that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to the Psycho-pass game. I heard (could be mistaken) that it was based on the time between Seasons 1 and 2 of the anime which I've never seen. I was considering looking into it; I think it's on Hulu. I'm a fan of crime and dystopia genres so I might end up liking it.

Wolf Among Us is great but it's a shame how bad the performance of the Vita version is.

If you're in the Vita thread I'm going to assume you've already played it, but Steins;gate really is a great game. Any word on whether the related game (0?) will come out in NA?

Psycho-Pass is good, check it out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think steinsgate 0 is getting localized but i dont remember whhy i think that

I would assume on account of the localization that was announced last month.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Ruggington posted:

I like Anime

m-m-mod-sama?!?!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Motto posted:

I would assume on account of the localization that was announced last month.

hmmmmm......... no I don't think that's it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

hmmmmm......... no I don't think that's it

My uncle who works at nintendo told me and i told you

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Dungeon Travelers 2 has a sequel, right? Is it out in Japan yet?

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Pureauthor posted:

I haven't heard/can't find any information about a sequel. I'm about 5 hours into DT2 and so far it feels like it is paced really well in terms of drip feeding you enough interesting new stuff to keep you coming back for more.

I'm glad I picked it up despite not being much of a DRPG player historically. Now I find myself actually interested in checking out stuff like Etrian Odyssey/Demon Gaze/Sword City.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a stat cheat sheet or something for grand kingdom? The game doesn't tell you stuff like what stats are important for each class.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DrManiac posted:

Is there a stat cheat sheet or something for grand kingdom? The game doesn't tell you stuff like what stats are important for each class.

Does it have a manual? That stuff might be in there, the Vita manuals actually do sometimes have useful info in them.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

The last information was "Delayed until 2016" but the site appears to have been taken offline altogether and there are no mentions of it on the page.

http://aquaplus.jp/dt2countdown/

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Parker Lewis posted:

I haven't heard/can't find any information about a sequel. I'm about 5 hours into DT2 and so far it feels like it is paced really well in terms of drip feeding you enough interesting new stuff to keep you coming back for more.

I'm glad I picked it up despite not being much of a DRPG player historically. Now I find myself actually interested in checking out stuff like Etrian Odyssey/Demon Gaze/Sword City.

Of those, Etrian Odyssey is probably the most similar to DT2 in terms of its skill point system, but they're all pretty solid games. Stranger of Sword City is more like the mid-series Wizardry games in that it encourages class-changing your characters repeatedly to pick up a wide range of skills from different classes, while in Demon Gaze you pretty much pick a class and stick with it but can gain cross-class skills by equipping artifacts, which you acquire by using special gems that are found in limited quantities throughout the game. Stranger of Sword City is probably the least friendly to players who are new to the genre, but if you can handle Dungeon Travellers 2 I think you'll be able to handle it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://blog.gamekana.com/archives/8558106.html

One little blurb at the bottom about them hoping to have Dungeon Travelers 2-2 out this fiscal year (before March 2017.) That's from a rumor section from what I can tell.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

http://blog.gamekana.com/archives/8558106.html

One little blurb at the bottom about them hoping to have Dungeon Travelers 2-2 out this fiscal year (before March 2017.) That's from a rumor section from what I can tell.
2-2? Why not 3? :what:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably more of a G style revision than an actual sequel maybe.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

2-2? Why not 3? :what:

Like many other obscure Japanese games out there, the first one has nothing to do with the sequel. It's the same as a Final Fantasy 10-2 or XIII-2/3

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Dehry posted:

The last information was "Delayed until 2016" but the site appears to have been taken offline altogether and there are no mentions of it on the page.

http://aquaplus.jp/dt2countdown/

That is sad, I was looking forward to it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hm. Disappointing. And that isn't going to help chances of a localization either, I guess.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
So far I only have two complaints about Estival Versus.
This assumes we all know the benefits of button mashing in that game series.

First, said as a life-long practitioner of martial arts, unrestrained breasts of that size would be impossible to fight effectively with.
I mean, I only have B, and those can be a problem if not restrained in any engagement requiring more than just basic defensive work.
This I can get past by reminding my self, they must be channeling their Ki/Chi to harden them up during times when they need them to be more like steel and less like water-balloons.

Second, which is unforgivable, is when one of the characters is instructed by her master to go forth, learn English, and spread the word of Ninjitsu to the rest of the world. I understand it is a localization, but why would they replace English with French in the Subtitles? She is obviously speaking English in the actual voice track. They consistently use the word 英語, not the フランス語.
It made it near impossible for me to accept that part of the story. And, I have been put a lot of work into just accepting that story.

Just some thoughts is all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Welcome to XSEED's localizations. I guess they tried to do what Atlus did with Mitsuru in Persona 3 but since they only translated the text it didnt work so well. Then again, EV's story is one of the worst ones through the whole franchise so yeah.

And the girls clearly use ninja magic so their endowements doesnt affect them to fight if Katsu's outfit is any indication :v:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anime is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Takoluka posted:

Anime is stupid.

Go to gbs