Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

My Lovely Horse posted:

C'mon Ripley's, they covered his eyes with a special effect. This is the level of a Slylock Fox trick question. You're far from discerning but have some standards.

Now I wonder how Roger Rabbit holds up. I must have seen that one upwards of 20 times, but not once in the last 20 years.

The special effects was just at the end. He was in alot more scenes with "normal" eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Since there seems to be a shift in what's being posted - and by whom - I thought I'd ask: anyone want more "Modesty"?

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Absolutely.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Transmodiar posted:

Since there seems to be a shift in what's being posted - and by whom - I thought I'd ask: anyone want more "Modesty"?
Always, as long as it's stories that haven't been posted before.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MB is probably my favorite being posted in this thread, so definitely keep it up :)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Transmodiar posted:

I love MB and would be happy to have more of it.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Transmodiar posted:

Keep it coming, absolutely.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Could it be shrunk to a smaller size or timg'd? I've stopped trying to read it because it's a pain in the rear end to scroll back and forth just for one strip.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Lord. Burn it to the ground. Salt the ashes.

Dream of the Rarebit Fiend Midsummer Day Dreams (click for huge)

And He Did. (September, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (December, 1916)

Doings of the Duffs. (October, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (October, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (September, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (March, 1941)

Archie (February, 1956, click for big)

Tweedy (August, 1956, click for big)

Feiffer (1974, click for big)

Andy Capp (November, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (January, 1972, click for big)

Dick Tracy (October, 2001, click for big)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Haifisch posted:

Could it be shrunk to a smaller size or timg'd? I've stopped trying to read it because it's a pain in the rear end to scroll back and forth just for one strip.

I'm one of those weirdos who likes to read comics slowly, so I'd prefer to get them in four comic chunks rather than eight comic ones. I'm fully expecting that suggestion to be ignored. Modesty Blaise doesn't get many comments but I've been under the impression it's one of the most popular comics in the thread and that's it's been that way ever since it started being posted several years ago.

Tracksuit

This is in reference to a fairy tale about a guy who makes his son and daughter-in-law look at a fish suspended from the ceiling instead of eating it.

Because it makes you less hungry, I guess.

Mother From Another Country

"get used to it" was my first guess for a proper translation. It's one of those words that's commonly used in daily Korean so it sounds a lot less awkward and weird than its direct English equivalent.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is trying to get comfortable.

Working Daze is a simple task.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is what we did before social media.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I don't think anyone's posting Phoebe and her Unicorn anymore, right? Well, now I am:

B.C.

Baldo is gonna go there:

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Baby Blues

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Julet Esqu posted:

Edit: Hojo Masako sounded pretty cool, so I looked her up.

..and that's how i discovered that there's an entire site dedicated to rejected Disney princess stories

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Go home, Mr. Bear, you're drunk.

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Vargo posted:

I don't think anyone's posting Phoebe and her Unicorn anymore, right? Well, now I am:

Oh, I've been missing it, thanks.

Also, looks like Baldo's going to do its soap opera thing for a bit.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress this entire stupid blind date storyline

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You lose your street cred if you paint graffiti?

Johnny Aztec posted:

The special effects was just at the end. He was in alot more scenes with "normal" eyes.
With sunglasses though.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

I don't know if the intelligent life artist has ever drawn people from a front on angle before, but I really hope he never does again

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Synthbuttrange posted:

gently caress this entire stupid blind date storyline
That's a lot of loving.
It's been going on 3 months. For the heck of it, I went through it last week and trimmed it down to 3 weeks worth of strips. Thought about posting it, just to illustrate how terrible the pacing is, full of filler. Maybe I'll wait until this whole thing is over, if it ever ends.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 30, 1995)

Garfield Classic (June 30, 1985)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

"I just can't get over it!"

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

+1 to more Modesty Blaise being posted. I know it doesn't get much commentary on it, but it's simply so good, there's not much more that can be said.

As for that classic Arlo and Jamis... That's not something I thought would be in the US comics.

Edit: Also, the sooner Dustin's parents are executed, the better.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 27, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Finally, the It's Always Sunny crossover we've all been waiting for!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Comic Strip Megathread XVII: I need to go rob a bank

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Rina wrote a nice blog post looking back at Tina's Groove.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Good job on your perspective there. Looks like he's sitting with his feet and shins stuck inside the wall behind her.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

[BUZZWORD] =/= [PUNCHLINE]

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sure it does, that's how Tinsley, et al, keep their job.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Sunday's Apartment 3-G

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

dirksteadfast posted:

Good job on your perspective there. Looks like he's sitting with his feet and shins stuck inside the wall behind her.
Oh Christ I didn't even notice the guy sitting behind the wall until you mentioned it.

That's the main character whose name I forget who's been nice-guy-stalking her this whole loving comic, isn't it? Is the Skittles thing a "quirk" of his or something so we're supposed to realize it's him?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Zippy

Ripley's

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Haifisch posted:

I don't know what browser you use, but the images automatically rescale to fit my window when I'm in Chrome. I just assumed it did that for every browser.

I'm not going to shrink the images; it's a hassle and there are probably an equal number of people who would just want the full-size editions. But you can read them at a resolution that's right for you - and in total! - on my imgur account:

http://transmodiar.imgur.com/

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm one of those weirdos who likes to read comics slowly, so I'd prefer to get them in four comic chunks rather than eight comic ones. I'm fully expecting that suggestion to be ignored. Modesty Blaise doesn't get many comments but I've been under the impression it's one of the most popular comics in the thread and that's it's been that way ever since it started being posted several years ago.

I do two pages a day (when I remember) because that allows for roughly two stories a month. There's still enough stories to take us through 2018, so we won't be running out any time soon. :)

Plus, I like to read a larger batch. I read them when I post 'em, so I don't know any more than you do when they go up.

Glad everyone likes. I'll front-load a few more episodes this week and return with new adventures soon.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That was a nice little read.

Mea Culpa posted:

Sunday's Apartment 3-G

No wonder he's mad. How dare she!

Where did you get that, by the way? CK doesn't carry the Sundays, but I often think you miss a lot by not including them in these storylines, such as here in this one.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Day two of the Bear cameo.

Mary Worth

Oh man I wish we were seeing Mary Worth in a disco right now.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Wow Beatty's really trying hard to stretch this out.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

I really don't like this guy.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well of course he did, he's not gonna get hit by shrapnel all the way over in Utah

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

that utah teen looks like he's about 60

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, he might just be a republican teen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2001 Spiderman

Did you know that Magneto has magnetic powers that let him control metal? Let's make extra-sure you do.

• Locked thread