Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Wonder if Rob Lowe will think about not drafting Jaquez while losing to Denver

I am glad he didn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Let’s go Kings

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
cut to mike brown and he's staring with his eyes crossed and mouth open

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
not a foul on nance, shoulda challenged

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
cj is a pro

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ace Jameson posted:

not a foul on nance, shoulda challenged

you are far more confident than me

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
it’s honestly astounding how bad the pels offense was given the pieces they have, like just cut to the hoop and pass the ball

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
both these teams play like they met yesterday

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
naji marshall will be great on the heat next season

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ace Jameson posted:

it’s honestly astounding how bad the pels offense was given the pieces they have, like just cut to the hoop and pass the ball

not enough people cut for whatever reason and neither ingram or cj have the athleticism to really beat defenders off the dribble so they rarely draw bigs away from the the rim to help stop them

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Remember when Davion Mitchell was being held as this borderline-elite talent on the defensive end, did that remotely come to pass? He doesn't seem physically imposing enough to be more than a situational guy

Kibner posted:

not enough people cut for whatever reason and neither ingram or cj have the athleticism to really beat defenders off the dribble so they rarely draw bigs away from the the rim to help stop them
OK but it is also frustrating to me to see BI casually demonstrate every so often that he can get his shot off against practically anybody, it feels like he should be so much more assertive on offense

rivetz fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 20, 2024

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Kibner posted:

understood, but also the last couple posessions were exactly what needs to happen. they can exploit that all night!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

rivetz posted:

Remember when Davion Mitchell was being held as this borderline-elite talent on the defensive end, did that remotely come to pass? He doesn't seem physically imposing enough to be more than a situational guy

iirc, yes, he is normally quite good on defense when his height isn't a limiting factor

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Clippers are gonna win against the Mavs on Sunday, and it's NOT because I will be there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: at Nance just shoving that dude

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Some awful refereeing - missed a basket interference, then a jump ball, then a missed shove

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
how is that not a foul on fox

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Maestro posted:

Some awful refereeing - missed a basket interference, then a jump ball, then a missed shove

and then another missed shove on the break :v:

typical pels game. officials are awfully inconsistent in just about every single one of them

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Good on the Pels fans to poo poo on the refs after nance shoved ellis in the face with no call

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Winning this game would just prolong our misery

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ace Jameson posted:

how is that not a foul on fox

make up for not calling it on nance seconds earlier

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Eratik posted:

Good on the Pels fans to poo poo on the refs after nance shoved ellis in the face with no call

fans of both teams would be right to boo in that sequence

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
this is such a kingsy game

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

rivetz posted:

OK but it is also frustrating to me to see BI casually demonstrate every so often that he can get his shot off against practically anybody, it feels like he should be so much more assertive on offense

Davion’s very good at drawing charges but yea a bit too small statured to get regular minutes. He’s been shooting better but Keon Ellis came in and took his spot

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Kibner posted:

and then another missed shove on the break :v:

typical pels game. officials are awfully inconsistent in just about every single one of them

Haha yea they HAD to let that one go

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

rivetz posted:

him being more assertive on offense is taking middies like 80% of the time. he basically refuses to take 3s and rarely gets close enough to the rim to attempt layups

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
seems like we’ll maybe get a fight in the second half

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is checking player's fingernails not a thing in basketball?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ace Jameson posted:

seems like we’ll maybe get a fight in the second half

naji and jose and maybe ingram are willing to throw hands on the pels. nobody else, though

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Is checking player's fingernails not a thing in basketball?

pat beverly is notorious for growing out his nails and also being stinky as hell, iirc

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sabonis has a -5 rim protection stat

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Is the shot clock supposed to reset to 24 after the foul there?

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
nothing encapsulates the modern nba better than fox pulling up for a fast break 3 while the pels cover the other three dudes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

rivetz posted:

OK but it is also frustrating to me to see BI casually demonstrate every so often that he can get his shot off against practically anybody

Oh yeah he can

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Return of the Kangz

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Pelicans getting it done.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
nice!

https://x.com/PelsFilmRoom/status/1781520900422087074

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Seems like the kind of game where the Pels go cold for 5 minutes and lose by 10

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

cut to mike brown and he's staring with his eyes crossed and mouth open

How do you stare with your eyes closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kibner posted:

pat beverly is notorious for growing out his nails and also being stinky as hell, iirc