Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Surprisingly, for some it won't be. The NA members of our FC only had their ping go up by 20, or not at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Wouldn't the ping be trash if you were a US goon?

I like free stuff I am just confused

Eu goons on excal and eu goons on eu

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

CrashScreen posted:

Surprisingly, for some it won't be. The NA members of our FC only had their ping go up by 20, or not at all.

Not too surprising, all things considered :v:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
There are plenty of us who are 100% transferring to a new goon FC on Omega. It's literally pick a name > wait for transfer > get poo poo set up on Omega.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Wouldn't the ping be trash if you were a US goon?

I like free stuff I am just confused

You can basically assume that a goon in this thread looking to move to an EU server is an EU goon. I know there is a sizable chunk of the goon fcs that are from outside NA.

I'm still.....undecided. The improved ping would be great and the free server transfer is stupid good, plus i don't have much housing stuff to transfer. The main thing keeping me on Excal right now are the awesome goon friends i've made. :unsmith:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo, full reimbursement for the house sounds nice, I could afford a huge loving mansion easily then.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Improved ping would be nice but I can't see any perk being worth giving up the camaraderie of Excalibur.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The perk is new camaraderie of course.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
If you want to still chat with Excal friends, there's Discord and rolling a new alt on Excal or Omega.

On that note: FINAL NAMING BATTLE

Whichever wins this is what we should go with.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
please calm down is really good I hope it wins

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Either Cyber Gang 1999 or please calm down please

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Please Calm Down is a nice sister name to Please Be Careful

But man if it ends up winning over Cyber Gang 1999 there will be tears. Emotional tears, of sadness

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

jyrque posted:

Either Cyber Gang 1999 or please calm down please

I prefer CG99 but won't be sad if pcd wins

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Pierson posted:

Improved ping would be nice but I can't see any perk being worth giving up the camaraderie of Excalibur.

Being able to play at the same time as your comrades without an alarm clock sounds great for camaraderie.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
just so you guys are aware, you can vote for more than one in the naming poll

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Waci posted:

Being able to play at the same time as your comrades without an alarm clock sounds great for camaraderie.

I work 40 hours a week so I actually play more with the NA players than just the EU players.

Weekends are for sleeping. :colbert:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I mostly play on Excal on weekends so I can catch up with US based goons then. Also it's not like EU primetime is devoid of players as there are some Australians as well as the europeeps around.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I'm hoping Red Mage or Samurai have a series of quests to rival Dark Knight for "Best Job Chain". Because everything from "Our End" to "Our Answer" was solid gold.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Put up Ifrit Extreme in party finder earlier for wondrous tails, party goes in and dies to the first DPS check because they weren't watching for the infernal nails

Oh and by dies I mean everyone but me (WAR) and the PLD.

[8:05](Gideon Falconheart) Watch the Paladin and the Warrior do this them drat selves.

[8:08](Gideon Falconheart) Hax
[8:08](Iamnot Atreehugger) we should a tank party like garuda
[8:08](Delthias Snow) lol gj
[8:08](J' Balisong) amazing
[8:08]J' Balisong claps for the exit.

Probably the most fun I've ever had in a trial

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Reminder for anyone trying to get trough HW mainstory and has yet to meet ilvl requirements for last dungeon; you can bypass any ilvl and composition restrictions by queuing as a full premade, so either find 3 friends or recruit 3 random people trough shout and/or patryfinder and enjoy being ready in time for SB!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I work 40 hours a week so I actually play more with the NA players than just the EU players.

Weekends are for sleeping. :colbert:

I envy your short workdays and the ability to gently caress around on weeknights that they bring.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Choyi posted:

Reminder for anyone trying to get trough HW mainstory and has yet to meet ilvl requirements for last dungeon; you can bypass any ilvl and composition restrictions by queuing as a full premade, so either find 3 friends or recruit 3 random people trough shout and/or patryfinder and enjoy being ready in time for SB!

Whoever told you that premades bypass ilevel restrictions lied to you.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I forget, are the HW instances going to be able to run unsynched once SB is available, or is that not for a little while?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vadoc posted:

I forget, are the HW instances going to be able to run unsynched once SB is available, or is that not for a little while?

once it's available

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Eopia posted:

This may change for HW content once Stormblood releases. Currently you can run all ARR content unsynched.

edit:
Unless high enough ilvl is still required for unsynched content because uhhhh I haven't tried to bypass ilvls

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Waci posted:

I envy your short workdays and the ability to gently caress around on weeknights that they bring.

I'll trade for having the ability to join a static with sane raiding hours any day.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

sword_man.gif posted:

once it's available

Thanks.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Eopia posted:

We did this for a friend for clearing baelsars wall just 5 days ago, he couldn't queue himself but with full premade it worked.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Yearbook?

Vandes Aan
Voted most likely to be running around in circles in any zone
"friendly reminder that Hellsclaw has a face"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eopia posted:

No they didn't. We took a friend's alt through every HW dungeon at sub i180 because we had 4 people. It even says so on the DF window down near role/ilevel restrictions.

You cannot run HW content with "Undersized Party" as an option, but you can absolutely queue for any content in the game regardless of ilevel with a full group.

edit:

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 14, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

ilifinicus posted:

"friendly reminder that Hellsclaw has a face"
Never noticed that

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

I'll trade for having the ability to join a static with sane raiding hours any day.

This is a big part of why I'm switching, too.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://catgirl.bargains/topic/40-eurovision-raid-contest/

Come raid things with EU Goons at EU times on EU servers.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
We have folks in place to transfer off to Omega ASAP and get the FC set up on (hopefully) Friday. Looking like it'll be "please calm down" but keep voting!

Itshappening.gif

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

mfcrocker posted:

We have folks in place to transfer off to Omega ASAP and get the FC set up on (hopefully) Friday. Looking like it'll be "please calm down" but keep voting!

Itshappening.gif

Omega is or isn't EU?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I'm really torn on whatever to transfer or not. Any idea how long will the free transfer be available?
e: nvm the news post says "until the population of active players has grown to a specified number"

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Omega is or isn't EU?

Omega is in the EU datacenter

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Shy posted:

So there's a dragongirl in limsa on Excal called Yumi Hime, she regularly dances near the aetheryte. Anyone's seen her? What is she dancing?

edit: found it! Songbird dance.

Oliver Nexus on Balmung is thier alt universe version.

https://gfycat.com/SizzlingSerpentineAnnelid

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i might just transfer my 1.0 character off coeurl and have it on omega for funsies, since i only have 125-130ms ping to EU from Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Where's the frikkin' preliminary notes!!!

• Locked thread