Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Where the gently caress are the prelim patch notes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ouhei posted:

nonexistent

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

oh yeah. bigly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

At least this one required you to do something outside the game

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

YoshiP told me to tell you all: gently caress hardcore players and please look forward to Eureka content as the special content on every odd number patch.

MY MAN.

For reals though protect is super bad and should go away.

Also I want patch notes and I'm banging my mouse and keyboard down like they're a knife and fork chanting it rn

Jinh fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 14, 2017

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Clearly, didn't they say they were being posted today? Maybe it'll just be when maintenance happens?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
{ Metric Stance } { Please use it. }

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Ouhei posted:

they will probably be posted during the maintenance. why are people so weird about these loving patch notes?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Sadly I will not be able to play at all on Sunday. Going to a concert with my brother for my birthday. Going to fall so far behind people!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

they will probably be posted during the maintenance. why are people so weird about these loving patch notes?

People always get extremely antsy right before patches

This thread (assume it's not locked) and the ffxiv subreddit are going to go loving insane during maintenance

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We're holding a memorial service for Fracture tonight at 7:00 PM eastern at DGKK house. All are invited to attend.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 14, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Would be nice to know if they were lowering umbrite costs again, how they are converting higher tomes down to poetics, etc etc.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Just make protect Eos's party wide magic defensive cd.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khisanth Magus posted:

Sadly I will not be able to play at all on Sunday. Going to a concert with my brother for my birthday. Going to fall so far behind people!

I'm going to be driving or in Chicago for three days next week :(

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Logging out via sundrop dance with Oliver nexus

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Remove protect from all Healers and give them all their own fluid aura

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Keep Protect, add Shell.

:twisted:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

I just read they were coming today but I clearly misread...but it's not hard to imagine why people are especially antsy for patch notes on a massive change to the game.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

They just scream at each other about cooking techniques. Imagine how much good wine, beer, and scotch you could buy for what that guy dropped on avatars in here?

Hell you could buy a really loving nice burger.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Hey DGKKers, how many of you are leaving me for the Omega server :smith: ?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Not me DGKK owns

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Saucer Crab posted:

Hell you could buy a really loving nice burger.

Yeah but what about the dom perignon?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
gently caress me. That Susano fight is no goddamn joke. SUPER aoe heal intensive and the DPS checks aren't anything to scoff at. It seems like 75% of the groups are failing though because it's E3 and you have people who have never played or are trying new classes or are just generally bad. Still, it's going to be a ball buster.

My group wiped twice, then on our third and final attempt, we got the boss down to about 10% when the tank took a bad hit and went down. I thought all was lost as everyone was going down fast. Then, right as it was just me and one DPS left, LB3 ticked full. I was able to bust off a healer LB3 and we went on to win.

It was probably one of the most intense experiences of my life since you also have like 200 people watching you play. The people watching went loving wild when we clawed back to victory.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

White Mage tooltips: https://imgur.com/gallery/5RYol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This needs a choco mount theme in the background.

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/874843067081256960

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Please don't starve to death playing catgirls & potatos, thanks

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SpaceDrake posted:

Please don't starve to death playing catgirls & potatos, thanks

actually everyone who plays a potato should starve themselves to death, please

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Reminder
https://catgirl.bargains/calendar/event/5-end-of-heavensward-fc-photo/

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

cheetah7071 posted:

actually everyone who plays a potato should starve themselves to death, please

But potatos have superior animations, therefore they are the best

Mordiceius posted:

gently caress me. That Susano fight is no goddamn joke. SUPER aoe heal intensive and the DPS checks aren't anything to scoff at. It seems like 75% of the groups are failing though because it's E3 and you have people who have never played or are trying new classes or are just generally bad. Still, it's going to be a ball buster.

My group wiped twice, then on our third and final attempt, we got the boss down to about 10% when the tank took a bad hit and went down. I thought all was lost as everyone was going down fast. Then, right as it was just me and one DPS left, LB3 ticked full. I was able to bust off a healer LB3 and we went on to win.

It was probably one of the most intense experiences of my life since you also have like 200 people watching you play. The people watching went loving wild when we clawed back to victory.

When Yoshi showed it off, it seemed like it had at least one big gently caress-off cleave. Is a lot of the AoE just unavoidable or were people standing in bad?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

queeb posted:

Not me DGKK owns

I'm in the USA so it wouldn't make sense for me anyways but DGKK is literally the main reason I've stayed playing this game for as long as I have.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

SpaceDrake posted:

But potatos have superior animations, therefore they are the best

When Yoshi showed it off, it seemed like it had at least one big gently caress-off cleave. Is a lot of the AoE just unavoidable or were people standing in bad?

I was playing AST, so I don't know anything about cleave, I didn't think there was one. But in the final phase, we had a SMN that was bad at stacking. And he starts doing this pulse AOE attack that auto hits everyone (like titan) and that poo poo hurts. You stand in one bad thing while it is happening and that pulse will kill you.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

sword_man.gif posted:

(on what removed spells would he miss) Yoshida: The opposite was true [he successfully saved one]. The Protect spell, there were talks within the dev team that “oh we don’t want this anymore” and he (Yoshida-san) felt that as Final Fantasy you have got to have that spell [Protect]. It would be weird if we didn’t have it.

gee thanks yoshi for keeping this stupid maintenance spell that nobody likes but is required anyways. appreciate it buddy.

Would you rather they did what WoW did, by having lesser versions of "stupid maintenance spells" on scrolls?

I mean, at least we're not looking at Blessing of Kings/Mark of the Wild (and woe when those two were still distinct from eachother) Arcane Intellect, and Power Word: Fortitude.

cheetah7071 posted:

People always get extremely antsy right before patches

This thread (assume it's not locked) and the ffxiv subreddit are going to go loving insane during maintenance

At least the subreddit posts maintenance Au Ra. :pervert:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 14, 2017

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Mordiceius posted:

What's the QTE like?

Am I reading this right? 1 am PST? Right before everything goes down.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Not sure if we already had this info, but while doing the Susano challenge, I took pictures of the map drop downs to see what was new/changed:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

queeb posted:

Not me DGKK owns

You own too cutie /embrace

Now that I think about it, I probably rarely interact with Eurogoons do to the timezones, so Gods bless you all who choose to brave Omega, and give everyone there hugs and kisses from Baph :unsmith:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

What's the QTE like?

So that's for the tank. Not sure the details since I didn't tank.

Know in the trailers how it shows the samurai hold back Susano's big sword? Not sure why they show the samurai, because it's the tanks job.

The sword comes up and the tank activates the spot. I assume it's just run up and button press like A11. Then the sword slams down on the tank's shield and the DPS has to take the sword down in about 20 seconds. Meanwhile, there are three energy orbs that spawn and move toward the group.

If the tank fails, is the DPS fail, if more than one orb hits the group (we let one orb hit and had each healer absorb one orb), you wipe.

You do this twice back to back.

Other than that, phase one is just dodging stuff, phase 2 is the sword, phase 3 is just like phase one but cranked up, adding the pulse attack, and a granite gaol shell game.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

cure 1 generates lilies at 50%, cure II at 100%, divine benison cooldown to 30s

tl;dr of changes it that,

+ Cure II to top off tank followed by Divine Benis will be a good lead in to every tank buster
+ Thin Air is still amazing
+ Lilies mechanic still uninteractive but the fact that you can actually control them when you need them means there could conceivably be situations where it would be better get a few lilies before using Assize or Divine Benis; ex adds on a 45 second timer that need to be burst aoed or a <30 sec cooldown spammed tank buster, ie niche potential but otherwise you can ignore it in 90% of situations

+/- Plenary Indulgence is still kinda just ok? If there's enough damage on the tank that necessitates spamming Cure I, at least you might get the benefit of a free aoe heal occasionally?

- Secret of the Lily II is still awful. Why critical HP AND RNG? Even if people are getting that low reliably, sometimes they just need a Regen/Medica II to top them off and if it's the tank, the other healer might snipe it without a bunch of coordination, and even then the pay off is a gamble for little benefit. A 100% chance for 1 second off when you heal critical HP would be bad, but at least reliable, with the same net benefit.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

Know in the trailers how it shows the samurai hold back Susano's big sword? Not sure why they show the samurai, because it's the tanks job.

:black101: :getin:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

The whole sequence is super impressive and it's a real feel good super hero moment for the tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yoshi-P loves us all.

At the end of ARR, I was feeling down on WAR because despite swinging around a giant fuckoff axe, I wasn't getting numbers that felt good. FELL CLEAVE FIX THAT.

This expansion, I got a lot of "Can I *please* be allowed to step in front of some things and intercept that poo poo with my face? I'm a _tank_, it's what I _do_." THIS FIXES THAT.

• Locked thread