Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

If I update my 4th gen ipod touch to the latest firmware, will I be able to downgrade it back to 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak it? Will it be an untethered jailbreak? I have the blobs saved from when I first jailbroke it. None saved for 6.1.2, though, because I never upgraded it. If so, is there a guide somewhere on how to do it? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

basmati posted:

Upon downloading/installing Alpaca Evolution from the App Store (not even a Cydia tweak, jesus) my phone immediately shat the bed and went into a reboot loop. redsn0w is giving stitched ipsws the finger, so I guess I'm stuck. Anyone running a tethered jailbreak of 6.1.3 on an iphone 4, or have another suggestion?

I had the same problem a while ago and redsn0w was no help. here is the guide I used,

http://www.evasionjailbreak.org/downgrade-ios-6-1-3-to-ios-6-1-2-using-sn0wbreeze-snowbreeze/

I had to upgrade to 6.1.3. You should not do it over the air because I think it causes problems? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Then I stitched a 6.1.2 ipa with my SHSH blobs and did a shift restore. That guide has all the details covered.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

Denim Dude posted:

I had the same problem a while ago and redsn0w was no help. here is the guide I used,

http://www.evasionjailbreak.org/downgrade-ios-6-1-3-to-ios-6-1-2-using-sn0wbreeze-snowbreeze/

I had to upgrade to 6.1.3. You should not do it over the air because I think it causes problems? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Then I stitched a 6.1.2 ipa with my SHSH blobs and did a shift restore. That guide has all the details covered.

On the Windows machine I don't have access to at the moment. :suicide:

Seriously though, thank you. May still try this.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

basmati posted:

On the Windows machine I don't have access to at the moment. :suicide:

Seriously though, thank you. May still try this.

Also before you do sn0wbreeze you could try using tiny umbrella or IReb to kick it out of its reboot loop. It's worked for me a fair number of times so defiantly give that a shot first.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Denim Dude posted:

An OTA update results in a different SHSH blob from a regular update, so when you attempt to restore it from an IPA you've got, it won't work.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

http://semi-restore.com/

This seems pretty legit. It was posted on lifehacker.com earlier today. Basically it gets rid of all tweaks and jailbreak things you have installed, and leaves you with a fresh jailbreak of the OS, with only Cydia installed.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Oh its finally out? Its definitely legit, can't remember if it does anything different than ILEX RAT though

AutoFool
Sep 28, 2004

I am the Power
The majority of people who have tried using it on Reddit have said it does not work for them. Haven't tried it myself so I have no input on the matter. That being said it would also appear some of these people have tried using it in ways it is not supposed to work, so no surprise there.

Edit: The people who have had semi-restore work are those who did it over SSH versus USB

AutoFool fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 25, 2013

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I've got a jailbroken iPad and a camera connection kit. Can I put movies/videos on a memory card and use VLC or some other app to watch them on the iPad?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

psylent posted:

I've got a jailbroken iPad and a camera connection kit. Can I put movies/videos on a memory card and use VLC or some other app to watch them on the iPad?

This could be helpful for you:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93380

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is there a way to get the day to show in the status bar? I have a little tool for changing the carrier to the date but it'd be nice to know the day.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
"StatusBarCustomClock4" in the moyashi repository, http://hitoriblog.com/apt/

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Thanks, that'll get me started :)

edit: holy poo poo - that was easy. I'll be picking up a 32GB SD card tomorrow!

psylent fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 27, 2013

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

Denim Dude posted:

Also before you do sn0wbreeze you could try using tiny umbrella or IReb to kick it out of its reboot loop. It's worked for me a fair number of times so defiantly give that a shot first.

I had tried all this as well, but to no avail. Dug out a windows7 vm and gave the sn0wbreeze method many attempts but it wouldn't work. Those blobs were fetched directly from the device with tiny umbrella. :shrug:

Since I'm at 6.1.3 anyway I jailbroke successfully with redsn0w and after initial setup of Cydia apps the tethered side of things has been a non-issue so far. Without "just boot"ing tethered it still works fine on the stock side of things so worst-case seems not so bad.

Ultimately would like to have 6.1.2 untethered, and will likely try again at some point when I have more time to throw at it.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Panic mode sucks!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

~Coxy posted:

"StatusBarCustomClock4" in the moyashi repository, http://hitoriblog.com/apt/
This was pretty decent for me, and I got to fit date and month into the status bar. But it's a pretty long string and sometimes the battery percentage will disappear when, say, I'm playing music or an alarm is set (thus adding icons to the status bar). I'd really like to shift some icons to where the carrier currently is.

Is there a way to do that?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Vegetable posted:

This was pretty decent for me, and I got to fit date and month into the status bar. But it's a pretty long string and sometimes the battery percentage will disappear when, say, I'm playing music or an alarm is set (thus adding icons to the status bar). I'd really like to shift some icons to where the carrier currently is.

Is there a way to do that?

ArrangeStatusBar should accomplish this for you. It's kind of finicky so you'll have to play with it a bit.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 28, 2013

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Does anyone know what happened to the Data Protection option on LockInfo? I'm not seeing it anymore and I'm sure I used to have it enabled. Using LI 5.3.0-1

Really bugs me that I can tap to open an SMS from my passcoded lockscreen - this was once protected.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Any of my jail breaking friends have a Pebble or other Smartwatch? Like the Agent?

I was reading and somebody said their jail broken phone gave a ton more options and I'd like to hear some recommendations if there are any...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you install BTNotificationEnabler then all your phone's notifications will be sent to the pebble. It's great.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

I would like to see the time stamp for every SMS message I get. Not just the time of the first message in a conversation.

I tried using SMS Timestamps from cydia, but I could not find the options for it as described in the description page.

I'm on a 4S 6.1.2. Any suggestions?

In other news, I just bought the Flaticons theme, and it is fantastic. It has a setting that flattens the whole user interface for ios6, and it looks great. Highly recommended.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011
You want bitesms then.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

in_cahoots posted:

You want bitesms then.

I also use IntelliscreenX. I love the reply feature where you don't have to leave another app to respond to a text.

I wonder if bitesms works with Intelliscreen?

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong
There are a few patches for Flex that make Messages always show time stamps. Flex is a pretty cool tweak overall - people upload patches for a ton of apps that tweak little things like that.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

shootforit posted:

I tried using SMS Timestamps from cydia, but I could not find the options for it as described in the description page.

I'm on a 4S 6.1.2. Any suggestions?

I'm using a 4S running 6.1.2 and using SMS Timestamps and it works fine for me.

It's in Settings towards the bottom.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

pseudonordic posted:

I'm using a 4S running 6.1.2 and using SMS Timestamps and it works fine for me.

It's in Settings towards the bottom.

And this is why I love this thread.

I just didn't scroll down enough. Don't I feel ashamed. I was looking in the messages settings. I thought I didnt see it due to it not supporting my OS.

Thanks man. It works great.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

shootforit posted:

I also use IntelliscreenX. I love the reply feature where you don't have to leave another app to respond to a text.

I wonder if bitesms works with Intelliscreen?

Yes, intelliscreen works with bitesms, but you'll never need it because of bitesms' awesome quick reply feature

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Any killer iOS7 winterboard themes? Thinking about taking the plunge.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

The Dave posted:

Any killer iOS7 winterboard themes? Thinking about taking the plunge.

I'm using "iOS 7 Theme" and I like it a lot. Daily updates/fixes so far.

e: Oh, did you mean a theme FOR iOS7?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No no you got it. Is that the one on ithemesky? I found one but it made my lockscreen black.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

The Dave posted:

No no you got it. Is that the one on ithemesky? I found one but it made my lockscreen black.

I got it from Cydia - ModMyi source, author is pw5a29

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Thanks! I actually think it's the one I had installed before, I just didn't have the lockscreen working right before.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Seems like no matter what I do inside of winterboard, the large weather widget icon won't change. Oddly enough though if I open the weather app it is changed.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Your pants are on fire.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hahaha oh no they are!

Also looks like spongeworthy has the same problem with the weather widget.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
What problem is it exactly?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The weather image used in the large widget on the lockscreen didn't change to the simplistic style.

Opening the weather app shows the icon it should be using:

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Ohh I hadn't even noticed that, I only pay attention to the numbers. The author is active at @pw5a29 on twitter.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jul 4, 2013

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
What's an app that will let me move a file that I email myself to various folders?

I know about iFile but I can't open a file that I email using iFile, so I can't move it to different folders. Once I know where the file is on my phone iFile is great, but the trick is finding the file, or being able to move it to a place that iFile can easily access.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

What's an app that will let me move a file that I email myself to various folders?

I know about iFile but I can't open a file that I email using iFile, so I can't move it to different folders. Once I know where the file is on my phone iFile is great, but the trick is finding the file, or being able to move it to a place that iFile can easily access.

Link a Dropbox account to iFile and you'll have universal access to your files. You can then move them around inside iFile or ssh into your phone and move them that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

spongeworthy posted:

ArrangeStatusBar should accomplish this for you. It's kind of finicky so you'll have to play with it a bit.
Thanks for the recommendation. I've been using this for a couple of days. It's useful but you can mess up your status bar by putting your finger on the status bar at any time. You're dragging your notification center down and next your battery indicator has disappeared. I'm still gonna keep it but I wish it worked better.

• Locked thread