Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Magic Underwear posted:

I'm curious what makes you say that. If the cops are officious enough to ticket a moped for being chained to a bike rack they'd probably pop you for not having plates in addition to the first ticket.

I think in some areas, mopeds with 49cc or less can exist without plates or licenses. Idk though, because owning a moped is dumb as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

BgRdMchne posted:

How does that compare to their 12 yr old "Double Wood"?

I prefer the Double Wood, it's warmer and a longer finish. But one is sherry and one is rum so whatever you like best.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cyberia posted:

Maybe? I sold my turntables and am planning to use the Kontrol for DJ'ing but also bought the mixer so I can, eventually, get at least one CDJ and one turntable just to play my existing physical media.

Makes more sense now, that's one of the reasons I went with the four channel SX, so I can have CDJs or turntables on two channels without having to switch inputs all the time. Downside is there's no hardware effects outside of HPF/LPF when it's done this way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I bought a game show. Kinda.

Let me explain: This used to belong to a guy by the name of Art James. He was a fixture of daytime television, hosting shows like Say When, The Who, What, or Where Game, and Catchphrase. After his last show in the 80s, his last role of any particular note was the game show host in Mallrats.

From the 80s until his death in 2004, he ran a touring company that staged games for corporate presentations and conventions. Here's a promotional video for his company from around 2000 or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEV6SYj1UA8

What isn't pictured are the nuts and bolts that actually control everything: the relay panel that runs the lights and buzzers, and a computer running windows 3.1 that controls it and the displays. The whole system was custom-built by the electronics department at CBS. And it turns out a friend of mine is friends with the guy who built it -- he was amazed it was still around. I still haven't had a chance to set everything up yet -- It was all shipped out in four theatrical trunks -- and I'm getting ready to move to a new place, but I'll screw around with it once I get settled in.

Is it a modern computer running 3.1 or is this a computer from the 80s?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Bought these last weekend:

NYCFC Primary Kit to go with the Away Kit

Tickets to this game, which was an amazing environment to be in. Apologies to anyone who may have been on the PATH train with us.

Buying Wednesday:

Several tickets for my friends and I to catch this game.

Down deposit at a prorated price since I've figured out that he Union and NYCFC's schedules line up for maximum northeast soccer.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I bought a game show. Kinda.

Let me explain: This used to belong to a guy by the name of Art James. He was a fixture of daytime television, hosting shows like Say When, The Who, What, or Where Game, and Catchphrase. After his last show in the 80s, his last role of any particular note was the game show host in Mallrats.

From the 80s until his death in 2004, he ran a touring company that staged games for corporate presentations and conventions. Here's a promotional video for his company from around 2000 or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEV6SYj1UA8

What isn't pictured are the nuts and bolts that actually control everything: the relay panel that runs the lights and buzzers, and a computer running windows 3.1 that controls it and the displays. The whole system was custom-built by the electronics department at CBS. And it turns out a friend of mine is friends with the guy who built it -- he was amazed it was still around. I still haven't had a chance to set everything up yet -- It was all shipped out in four theatrical trunks -- and I'm getting ready to move to a new place, but I'll screw around with it once I get settled in.

All I could think of...

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

Is it a modern computer running 3.1 or is this a computer from the 80s?

Definitely from the 80s: it has a barrel lock, a turbo button, 3.25" and 5.5" floppy drives. The control program (which was coded in BASIC) takes inputs from a light pen.

From looking around on the hard drive, this was still being used by CBS as late as 1998. Apparently they didn't wipe the drive when they sold it to Art James, which is why there were control programs, bids, estimates, and design specs for a couple of other shows on there. I'm trying to find my old laptop (the only one that still can recognize a usb floppy drive) so I can copy some of the files over.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

This owns

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Artist: Shane Lewis, edition of 90

(Mondo) Artist: Boneface, edition of 275

Because I like spending stupid amounts of money on pieces of paper.

MistahBread
Feb 23, 2007
Yes Sah!
Canucks got knocked out in the first round, so it's almost time for rugby season:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

MistahBread posted:

Canucks got knocked out in the first round, so it's almost time for rugby season:

The last time Vancouver won the cup was like, 1917 as The Millionaires, so I won't be buying jerseys for a couple years yet, assuming it's a century between us winning.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MistahBread posted:

Does that shirt mold your chest to look that way while you wear it ???

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

yoohoo posted:

Because I am a child at heart.

To go along with this:

And this:

I also bought 4 pounds of green coffee beans, an air popper, and a grinder. Time to start roasting my own coffee :science:

This is a good post.

For context, I wanted a new Buff and super light backpack for motorcycling/hiking:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I like the swastika.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Jerry Cotton posted:

I like the swastika.

I'm more concerned that's the first thing you noticed.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

blarzgh posted:

One of my clients is an orthopedic surgeon, and basically ordered me to get one.

Can you report back on how this works? My shoulder is hosed in so many ways, and I frequently get it taped. This might help stabilize the joint while I'm at work.

Wheres Wallace
May 5, 2009

:) keep on keepin' on :)
I restored and customized my 18 year old Parker Nitefly V2. :homebrew:

Sperzel Trim-Lok tuning machines

Black abalone pickguard from wdmusic.com
Porter pickups (1960's Neck and Middle, Distortion Bridge)
New pots and an added killswitch (center of volume/tone knobs)
Graph Tech Ghost Parker trem Saddles and preamp

For traveling, battery-powered Vox Amplug

Eskuche V2 KRM, currently on clearance at Best Buy for $30

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma TE for my summer break.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

I had to.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

These are fully sikkkkk and hellaflush

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

New carbon scraper for my Leatherman Mut because I was an idiot & tried to use it to pry loose a shotgun blank from a mortar simulation round.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Comes with 3 different atomizers.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Android Bicyclist posted:

New carbon scraper for my Leatherman Mut because I was an idiot & tried to use it to pry loose a shotgun blank from a mortar simulation round.

Will they just sell you parts? I have a Wave with a busted screwdriver and I wanna say when I looked into it they wanted me to mail it in.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There's a Leatherman store here in Portland, where I went to get this part. I can see if they sell the Wave's screwdriver separately next time I'm up in that area.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Echeveria posted:

Can you report back on how this works? My shoulder is hosed in so many ways, and I frequently get it taped. This might help stabilize the joint while I'm at work.

Will do.

I got it Thursday and I'm going to start wearing it tomorrow. I can already tell you that my orthopedic surgeon swears by them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I walked all the way to the flea market and didn't want to leave empty-handed so I bought a loving vase again.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Android Bicyclist posted:

There's a Leatherman store here in Portland, where I went to get this part. I can see if they sell the Wave's screwdriver separately next time I'm up in that area.

That would be amazing. I want to toss it in my daypack but without a straight slot driver it isn't really super useful.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bought a loving vase again.

Is that another word for "cum jar"?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Found this for $30 at Goodwill, it's pretty cool and the light still works! (Not my picture)

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

blarzgh posted:

Will do.

I got it Thursday and I'm going to start wearing it tomorrow. I can already tell you that my orthopedic surgeon swears by them.

I saw this here and was curious. Went to website and did their size calculator. Ordered from Amazon and had it Friday. Watched YouTube video on how to put on and take off.

Been wearing this weekend. I get sore neck and shoulders from desk job.
I can tell big difference in shoulder muscles. Lot looser after taking off. Same with chest and neck.

I'd recommend. But also recommend not falling asleep in it. Not sure if related but woke up with headache. Took off and after a while felt fine. Wonder if blood flow.

I like and will likely get another

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought shirts for my boyfriend and I! http://www.redbubble.com/people/jonizaak/works/11986849-geeky-handler?p=t-shirt&style=mens&body_color=black&print_location=front for him and http://www.redbubble.com/people/jonizaak/works/11982622-geeky-pup?p=t-shirt&style=mens&body_color=black&print_location=front for me.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

:vince:

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

donkey salami posted:

I saw this here and was curious. Went to website and did their size calculator. Ordered from Amazon and had it Friday. Watched YouTube video on how to put on and take off.

I did their size calculator and they said I'd be a L/XL :colbert: I'm worried because it says xs for underbust and waist size and then I hit cup size and it jumps to xl. It doesn't actually even have the right cup size, as it only goes to DD and I am a 32DDD. I'm 6 feet and quite gangly, boobs aside. If I'm sizing for my boobs, it might not fit right in the rest of the shirt.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Tits! :argh:

Todays Purchases:

Total Spent: 15p.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

yoohoo posted:

Because I am a child at heart.

Can't figure out of it's 16+ because it's very difficult to assemble, or if it's because it includes a Lego Bong.

Just happened to watch this VW bus related video a few mins ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKPa3uVddbU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Usually I say RedBubble rules but lmao at these shirts :cripes:

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Echeveria posted:

I did their size calculator and they said I'd be a L/XL :colbert: I'm worried because it says xs for underbust and waist size and then I hit cup size and it jumps to xl. It doesn't actually even have the right cup size, as it only goes to DD and I am a 32DDD. I'm 6 feet and quite gangly, boobs aside. If I'm sizing for my boobs, it might not fit right in the rest of the shirt.

I'm a guy but will offer what help I can. The support part is all in the back. I would guess try for the fit that is best for your back and waist. If too tight, hopefully you can return.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Amazon sent me the wrong case in translucent frost though, it was for the 6 plus :stare:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I like incipios cases but my last two were cyan and there's lots of visible wear and color fading.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Echeveria posted:

Action report:

I got it because I tore a muscle doin' super-manly things, so my right shoulderblade is hanging away from my spine, and the rest of my back muscles are over-exerting themselves keeping me together. I've had tension up from my middle back, through my shoulders and up into the base of my head.

Wore it for 8 hours on Saturday, and woke up Sunday feeling better than I have in weeks. I sanded a bunch of furniture in it, and went out shopping and walking around. To me, it was uncomfortable to just sit around in, but moving around and being active, it felt much better; almost like regular active wear. It feels like two hands gently holding you by the shoulders; it takes some of the load off your back muscles all the way down - it grabs your butt/lower back for extra support.. It was good, not great - it isn't life-changing for me, but I'm trying to heal an underlying injury.

I can definitely say it reduces stress on your back muscles. If you can keep the receipt in case you need to return it, I think its worth a shot if you think it might help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I'd buy all monkey, but I have to settle for badger(?), bull, and some kind of tailed cock.