Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cactus posted:

Ohgod if it's going to be a talky bottle episode I might have to wait till next week so that there's a normal episode to watch right after.

I just slid a lovely gunfight episode down your throat and you thanked me for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

CrazyLoon posted:

By this point I dunno, I feel like they're just lazily checking the boxes of 'happened in the comic' and harvesting nerd money TBH, while of course spending most of the money on the higher salaries of the actors who feel like they need it to put up with this poo poo.

Please tell me the deer appeared in the comic and it was drawn in crayon with no explanation whatsoever

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

precision posted:

I just slid a lovely gunfight episode down your throat and you thanked me for it!

lol

I find the terrible action-focused episodes always easier to watch than the terrible dialogue-focused episodes. At least with the lovely action episodes you can laugh at all the bad editing and nonsensical decisions the characters make, and watching things happening, however dumb, is always more interesting than a couple of people talking for ages about essentially nothing.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

precision posted:

sounds better than most episode of TWD. :confused:

when has any TWD dialogue been good...?

Cactus posted:

I find the terrible action-focused episodes always easier to watch than the terrible dialogue-focused episodes. At least with the lovely action episodes you can laugh at all the bad editing and nonsensical decisions the characters make, and watching things happening, however dumb, is always more interesting than a couple of people talking for ages about essentially nothing.

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Johnny Truant posted:

when has any TWD dialogue been good...?

Things cane be entertaining without being good. I find Negan entertaining despite being objectively about a thousand times dumber than the Governator.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Astroman posted:

He said last week he only created the tiger to see if they could do it on tv.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFjsfksdjfhiehfishsahfaukghalshfiauvgslkufjdhieuskldjyfeiulsksjddhcjioq;wurhfiuvgbciuskdjfyhvikrjsudrfjeiuwdygviudkjmfhuiweskjdhsiduxkjfhuokdjfhiukefhueicnwakliwedjiuofekghvsiczsedodwehjtbgvnij dlludfhaldhdgialekrudwoiaufhiajvdhbksdjgfjaldrhfgalrudkhfJEIWUREDIOWE;fhaujdhvjzdkfhzdkjfigdzufghvkvhfmnhgvdj

Astroman posted:

Contrast this to a show like The 100, which only took character names and the basic premise from the books and then went off in a totally different direction and created a much larger and more interesting world.
I love The 100. It's got its fair share of dumb writing and logic but it's fun. I've never watched an episode and thought "well that was a waste of my time..."

I've never read the source material but I've read about it and yeah, they are almost completely independent of each other.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Spinster posted:

I've been lurking in this thread forever. I loved the show, started to get worried last season and I cannot BELIEVE my eyes now. What in the WORLD changed to make these last few episodes so obviously way worse? What?

But, I will freely admit I love the drat characters/actors so much I will keep watching until the bitter end.

Anyone know what the hell happened that it's so drat bad now?

It's the directing and editing, I maintain that there's nothing too bad about the story or even the script compared to previous seasons - A bunch of stupid gun fights and people firing cheesy monologues at each other is what the show's always been about, and that's cool, as long as some effort has gone into it.

I'm actually looking forward to this Negan and Priest in the container episode because it's got to be the hardest one to gently caress up.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Simon made pancakes :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Simon is great. This could be a good episode???

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Meth and pancakes!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Gregory tried to smooth-talk the hardest band of poo poo-kickers and warlords the apocalypse ever assembled and they're just drinking it all in :haw:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

this whole season is gonna be nothing but the backstory on the saviors attack isnt it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Negan: actually a good guy.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Uh...what? Was that supposed to mean something?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Negan: actually a good guy.

Yeah it's funny how both sides are giving "Only X has to die" speeches

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This non-linear storytelling is reaaaaaaaaaaaaally loving boring.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The priest is being outstandingly creepy, though.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Aww Darryl is worried about Carol

EDIT: Short-haird psycho lady :unsmigghh:

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

This whole "I am Negan" thing is stupid. I'm pretty sure the comic never touched on that.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Eugene offering to share pickles.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Eugene: Still awesome.

Eugene's Hair Game: Still awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad that even though this show is poo poo they still manage to have Eugene be crazy good.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Gabriel: First Pope of the church of Lucilism

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Darryl is tired of this poo poo.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

Ahahahaha

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Three episodes were just about that gun and now it's scrap metal

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

I was hoping Rick would wrap his arms around Darrel's slender waist and they could ride off into the sunset together, just like on my Deviant Art page.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hahahahaha Negan and Gabriel

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

Well, this is...problematic.

Edit: Young people AND old people? They need the most water!

OMG JC a Bomb! fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 20, 2017

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

so this whole seasons worth of bullshit just to be back at square 1 :psyduck:

negan still alive and in control 99% of lieutenants still alive and they even still have their main base

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Constant posted:

negan still alive and in control 99% of lieutenants still alive and they even still have their main base

Yeah I was kinda expecting a civil war over who gets to be the new Negan, not for them to sit on their asses until the workers threatened to strike

EDIT: Never mind all that A CHOPPER

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

It's Umbrella!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
We've eaten dog together, that poo poo makes us ride or die.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my god is that the garbage people again? Please god no.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

NONONO WHY WOULD YOU GO BACK TO THEM.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

"Our show is in the trash, and we know that's what you're best at"

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

This episode was the least bad so far. It's major weaknesses were the nonlinear story telling which has been bad all season, and the usual Plot Armor garbage.

We got to see a room full of actors really giving it their all though and leaning into their character traits which was really fun.

It's amazing that they had Negan say, "You never get sick putting guts on yourself?" just so people would understand why Gabriel got sick at the end from putting guts on himself. It was one of the less subtle writing moments in one of the least subtle shows on tv.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I missed the first half of the episode. Why didn't Gabriel pop a cap in Negan's white rear end again?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Shitenshi posted:

I missed the first half of the episode. Why didn't Gabriel pop a cap in Negan's white rear end again?

He missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

Talking Dead's producer is probably sweating like one of the show's characters.