Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

If you're merciful it doesn't unlock the janitor. :negative:

guess i have an extra run to go now

If by merciful you mean opting not to activate the escape pod's self destruct system as the head of security it absolutely does, but you need to escape (or perhaps die?) before it registers the unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Prav posted:

alex's line about "looking down on you, with gratitude" is hilarious. the yus are awful, awful people.

transtar deserved every bad thing that happened to it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ToxicFrog posted:

If by merciful you mean opting not to activate the escape pod's self destruct system as the head of security it absolutely does, but you need to escape (or perhaps die?) before it registers the unlock.

Escaping didn't do it. :mad:

Maybe I should have stood around in the right zone, I flounced off to get the mass driver ready and then stood around there instead of waiting where I got the last message.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Prav posted:

alex's line about "looking down on you, with gratitude" is hilarious. the yus are awful, awful people.

It's probably my favorite line in Mooncrash so far.

even if I wish benedict wong were still affordable

the new guy does an acceptable job of imitating him though

also (director spoiler) Executing EraseYu.bat :downs:, :lol:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

she deserves it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I picked up this game in the Steam sale and it’s so good. I just got jettisoned out of Deep Storage and came back in the cargo bay, how much longer do I have in the game? I really like reading all the emails and seeing all the different NPCs’ personalities even though I’ve only actually met a few. I like how it’s implied that really nobody likes Morgan

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I picked up this game in the Steam sale and it’s so good. I just got jettisoned out of Deep Storage and came back in the cargo bay, how much longer do I have in the game? I really like reading all the emails and seeing all the different NPCs’ personalities even though I’ve only actually met a few. I like how it’s implied that really nobody likes Morgan

That's about three-quarters of the way through the main story, but you might still have lots of side objectives left.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 8, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Digirat posted:

she deserves it

I left her story objective till last and, oh boy yeah she is a piece of work.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Are "allied" enemies busted? I had a thermal phantom I raised with phantom genesis and a mind-controlled thermal phantom on my side that refused to attack enemies standing right next to them and did nothing but follow me. Their thermal field still did damage to me and broke equipment though :thumbsup:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

What's the deal with the Typhon Towers? I've seen mention of them in some of the in-game notes, but I can't figure out if there's anything that I can do with them? I assumed they'd eventually unlock as I advanced but nope, just finished an all-5 escape run :\

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Also did anyone else figure out the secret to killing the Moon Shark? Throw one Typhon Spore at its feet. A few seconds later it is dead

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Oh, gently caress you game. I was killed by a Poltergeist and a mimic, al corruption level 1, while having almost full hp and armor. The Poltergeist telekinetic ability launched me to the ceiling, and I suppose the game glitched a bit and instakilled me?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

PSA: On the volunteer's story mission, do not hit anything with a blue health bar.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Turin Turambar posted:

Oh, gently caress you game. I was killed by a Poltergeist and a mimic, al corruption level 1, while having almost full hp and armor. The Poltergeist telekinetic ability launched me to the ceiling, and I suppose the game glitched a bit and instakilled me?

That was also one of my Volunteer story mission deaths that had me rage quiting. That one was on the way to it though, to be fair.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Also did anyone else figure out the secret to killing the Moon Shark? Throw one Typhon Spore at its feet. A few seconds later it is dead

i just blow them up with riley's and andrius's mind powers

QuarkJets posted:

What's the deal with the Typhon Towers? I've seen mention of them in some of the in-game notes, but I can't figure out if there's anything that I can do with them? I assumed they'd eventually unlock as I advanced but nope, just finished an all-5 escape run :\

they're for riley's underwhelming story mission

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Prav posted:

Is it normal that that mission only lasts like half a minute? I had the items I needed already in my inventory and completed the objective immediately. Does anything change if you go looking for the npc that was bringing them?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Escaping didn't do it. :mad:

Maybe I should have stood around in the right zone, I flounced off to get the mass driver ready and then stood around there instead of waiting where I got the last message.

Huh. I pressed the button to disable the self destruct charges and then wandered off towards the mass driver while the message thanking me played and the janitor was waiting for me at character select afterwards.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Prav posted:

Once you've completed that mission, you can use the towers as often as you want.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Wish they’d unlock some sort of perpetual play mode where you can reset points / neuromod spread / learned schematics but with all the characters still playable.

Also fun detail: during Vijay’s personal mission countdown the haulbot will taunt you

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Just did the custodian's personal mission on Corruption 4 and learned that apparently you can have two nightmares spawning in the same room

e: They did a really great job fixing the Nightmare's behavior for the DLC, I remember in the main game it was always kind of a pushover because it would get stuck on stuff and couldn't enter human-sized doors. Now it has this amazing-looking transition effect that lets it simply enter whatever room it wants to, making it a lot more dangerous and interesting as an enemy. I also like that there's no timer for it in the DLC; if there's a Nightmare then it's because you let the Corruption get to 4+, and you can't just wait it out.

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 8, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ToxicFrog posted:

Huh. I pressed the button to disable the self destruct charges and then wandered off towards the mass driver while the message thanking me played and the janitor was waiting for me at character select afterwards.

oh poo poo, there's a button? I just assumed doing nothing would do the trick and never opened the utility

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

oh poo poo, there's a button? I just assumed doing nothing would do the trick and never opened the utility

Yeah you can either activate or deactivate the charges. Pressing one of those progresses the mission

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

e: They did a really great job fixing the Nightmare's behavior for the DLC, I remember in the main game it was always kind of a pushover because it would get stuck on stuff and couldn't enter human-sized doors. Now it has this amazing-looking transition effect that lets it simply enter whatever room it wants to, making it a lot more dangerous and interesting as an enemy.

This has been added to the base game too, although he's still a pushover if you've got Psychoshock III and a souped-up Q-Beam.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 8, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

If you're merciful it doesn't unlock the janitor. :negative:

guess i have an extra run to go now

It did for me?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I had today a pretty good run. 45K points, 4 escapes, 2 stories done and another 2 unlocked, hell I would have been able to do the 'escape the 5 characters in a run' too if I had planned for it from the start, the game was basically devoid of enemies so I just would have bought a pair of 'rewind time' items to avoid reaching the next corruption level and baam, done. But this run was about story missions, I didn't think I was going to do so much so I didn't hack the portal thing with the spy.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Come to think of it, it's kind of weird that one escape requires two people to open it while everything else can be opened by anyone. I'd have liked a bit more of the mimic portal-style exit than the others.

E: vvvvv yes.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 8, 2018

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is Riley the only one who can consciousness upload? I've never bothered with anyone else

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Only the 1% get the privilege of brain tape.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah consciousness upload is unlocked by having a private conversation with Alex, who will only talk to Riley. You can hack Riley's workstation but it doesn't open the dialog

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Story Mode is broken. I played through the game once on easy, and then a second time on story mode to kill everyone. I was playing a bit more loosey goosey but it seemed like everything hit harder on story mode. It was by no means the walk in the park I would expect from a story mode, anyway.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Only the 1% get the privilege of brain tape.

It'd be pretty funny to have the janitor do it.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Heh,it's do funny how I believed Mooncrash was harder than the base game.
Once you learn more or less the map, and start abusing the time loop item (killing big enemies for them, crafting them, buying a few in the initial character loadout), it gets much easier, as you almost permanently play a low corruption level which won't spawn more enemies. In fact, after a while, the map will be empty.

The time item price should be twice as much and be limited to one per character. And the mule should have half the inventory size, it's too easy to have a full golden arsenal, and all types of supplies.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Just had a run where Moonworks had no power, no tram, no oxygen, and (as I discovered after restoring power) flooding/electrical damage. Get your poo poo together Moonworks :argh:

I haven't seen it mentioned yet so I want to highlight one of my favorite little details in Mooncrash's level design. This is the whiteboard in Brian Chung's office (the director of Moonworks):

Usually a whiteboard in a shooter would be either blank or covered in stuff that's irrelevant and/or unreadable. Arkane still does this sometimes, but they also use the environment to relay information to the player in a way that most other developers don't. In this case, the whiteboard is highlighting the weak spot of the harvesters in a way that makes sense in-universe without beating you over the head with a tutorial. It's really cool. The weak spot is also a good pro tip if anyone wasn't already aware, makes it easy to kill the harvester with just a couple wrench hits.

They also use a whiteboard to sneak in the requisite 0451 reference, since all codes are random:

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again
Anyone know what the deal is with that one post it note in Pythea -

in one of the volunteer holding cells, and it just says ???? ????? 17:00

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the schedule's in the control room and five o clock is dinnertime. maybe the dude was just hungry.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gadzuko posted:

Just had a run where Moonworks had no power, no tram, no oxygen, and (as I discovered after restoring power) flooding/electrical damage. Get your poo poo together Moonworks :argh:

I haven't seen it mentioned yet so I want to highlight one of my favorite little details in Mooncrash's level design. This is the whiteboard in Brian Chung's office (the director of Moonworks):

Usually a whiteboard in a shooter would be either blank or covered in stuff that's irrelevant and/or unreadable. Arkane still does this sometimes, but they also use the environment to relay information to the player in a way that most other developers don't. In this case, the whiteboard is highlighting the weak spot of the harvesters in a way that makes sense in-universe without beating you over the head with a tutorial. It's really cool. The weak spot is also a good pro tip if anyone wasn't already aware, makes it easy to kill the harvester with just a couple wrench hits.

They also use a whiteboard to sneak in the requisite 0451 reference, since all codes are random:

Now I wonder why Andrius's cell isn't the one you need to unlock from Riley's workstation. Maybe they decided his story mission was horseshit enough already.

And a Harvester's real weakness is Electrostatic Burst. Just one more argument for the Engy First camp, since she can easily farm any control modules you need.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

as long as you have something electric and a wrench you can take down a harvester np

kinetic blast does a number on them too

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you get killed by a harvester it tells you roughly how much of each material you recycled into, and it has lists no exotic material despite injecting a lot of typhon into my eyes. fix your busted game arkane!!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

As the engineer if you upgrade the wrench skill then the harvesters die in 1 swing to the butt.

Likewise with the janitor + the cutter

Also I have to lol at people who are using time items to keep the Corruption at level 1 and then complaining about the low difficulty. The Corruption mechanic is a difficulty slider. The time items let you keep the Corruption at whatever level you want (e.g. a level that you find is fun). You wouldn't play a game on Very Easy and expect a difficult experience, would you?

I've had a lot of fun playing at Corruption 4/5, apparently Nightmares will simply spawn in at regular intervals (even if another Nightmare is already in the area). And I've noticed a lot of cool Nightmare behaviors. They can spawn in different areas, but they tend to group up and stay together whenever possible. If one notices you, the other will quickly close the distance and try to see you too. If both notice you, then they'll take alternative routes to reach you, if possible. There have been several times where I'll engage a pair of Nightmares and one will come toward the room I'm in and the other will run down the hall because there's an alternative entrance that it wants to reach.

The game will sometimes create a Moon Shark in Moonworks, but only when the Corruption gets set to 4 or 5, so they're unlike Nightmares in that sense (as Nightmares will respawn forever). As far as deadliness, I've found that a Nightmare is a bit deadlier; the Moon Shark has more AOE potential but is generally slower and much easier to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Arkane posted:

We're so excited to release the first free update to Prey: Mooncrash, which is live now! Enjoy spicing up your operators with The Elder Scrolls or The Evil Within skins, destroy Typhon with engraved weapons, and dress up your mimic pets in a striped top hat or a bamboo hat!

Patch notes for the Full Moon update are below:

Added an "Abort Current Run" option that will kill the current character and return the player to the ready room
Slightly increased the Fabrication and Sim Point costs of the Delay_Loop.Time consumable
Slightly increased the Sim point cost of Neuromods
Fixed an issue that would cause the Care4Yu S-i34000x chipset to sometimes block the poison effect during the ‘It Gets Worse’ quest
Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the anti-aliasing setting to revert after restarting the application.
Fixed an issue that would cause weapon upgrades to revert if dropped in a level before transitioning

This update also comes with new Elder Scrolls and Evil Within operator skins, engraved weapons, and new mimic hats (striped top hat, and bamboo hat)!

You can also read more about the update here: https://beth.games/2NBtWjW.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment here, or post on our Prey: Mooncrash support forums: https://beth.games/2LI9QmD.