Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Yooper posted:

Correct. These are not the same corporations.

But... because the way Japanese corporations ended up congolmeratizing post WW2 up until the 1990's (did I just make up that word?) Mitsuhashi and Mitsubishi likely own shares in each other. Expect shenanigans.

Keiretsu and zaibatsu are the relevant terms depending on what you're shooting for. For Korea it'd be Chaebol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper, this question may be too influential for votes, but compared to the Dictator, how much more High Value Assets do Mitsuhashi and Iceberg have combined?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Going to point out that "everyone off our land" is almost inevitably going to lead to a civilian massacre at some point.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which is why we need to offer a consultant, free of charge, to help direct those impulses to other targets.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Added Space posted:

Going to point out that "everyone off our land" is almost inevitably going to lead to a civilian massacre at some point.

Well, they already committed one massacre, whats a few more. :v:

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Yay! we get to steal both russian, jap and Yankee botes!

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Added Space posted:

This needs to be emphasised. We're probably going to be partially responsible for wiping out Anchorage.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Mitsuhashi

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Quinntan posted:

This needs to be emphasised. We're probably going to be partially responsible for wiping out Anchorage.

And nothing of value was lost

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Okay, so the thing to expect with Mitsuhashi: they will gently caress us if we deviate from their orders, and those orders are not being made by people who know anything about warfare.

Gonna recommend against that one.

Added Space posted:

I see it as an opportunity to be paid very well by civilians to fly them out of the area.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dreamsicle posted:

Yooper, this question may be too influential for votes, but compared to the Dictator, how much more High Value Assets do Mitsuhashi and Iceberg have combined?

Both are industrial concerns with appropriate levels of industrial assets. Canning facilities. Tank farms. Generators. Storage Facilities. Worker Housing. Piers. Docks. Automated Canning Vessels.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Im voting preferentially and you cant stop me

1. Mitsuhashi
2. Nativecorp
3. Go rogue
4. Iceberg

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
gently caress it, voting Natives because while I hate Alaska I hate naval vessels more.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

The Sandman posted:

Okay, so the thing to expect with Mitsuhashi: they will gently caress us if we deviate from their orders, and those orders are not being made by people who know anything about warfare.

Like any of the others really know what they're doing either.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Probably Ethnic Cleansing
Idiot Corporate Masters
or
Ted Nugent

These are the futures you chose, Goons. :argh:

Can we just hook up with whatever the Russians are plotting? (I can't believe I'm saying this)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MNAGA!

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Quinntan posted:

Remember folks, a vote for Mitsuhashi is a vote for more bote.

EDIT: Seriously, 50% destructobux was basically the difference between making a profit and a loss in Angola. We can not afford that cut in our income.

We were already getting the poo poo pay in Angola and it worked out fine, this should be more of the same.

Natives.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Mitsuhashi, because then at least we can keep *some* friends.

edit: also, because war crimes are one thing, but crimes against humanity are another entirely - ethnic cleansing isn't one of those things that's OK so long as it's the "right people" doing it

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 26, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

power crystals posted:

We were already getting the poo poo pay in Angola and it worked out fine, this should be more of the same.

We took the least paying option (it still paid a lot more than the BNSC would) but got full destructobux, which historically was the largest source of our income. Natives are only paying half that.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Mitsuhashi I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Mitsuhashi, because if Japanese Businessman/Fishermen can't drink as hard as Jack can and I have it on good authority that Japanese Businessmen are very good drinkers, he can find some native Russians who can.

Also I like money.

And some other reasons, like Japan generally having a decent Navy. Better than Russian poo poo, anyways.

l3wt
May 18, 2017
Native Corp.

Mostly because gently caress Japanese corp ethics, and nobody's given a poo poo about the other guys since Deadliest Catch.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really hope we're allowed to coordinate ground strategy in a way that redirects the more hot-blooded folk to more appropriate targets. Or at least share the potential cost/benefits.

"Those assholes stole the land, we're taking hits to help you get what's yours back. But part of that means letting us handle the total war part while you win the PR war."

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Natives I have a soft spot for little regionalist groups like this.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Using the example of our operations in Angola, let's try to figure out the impact halving our destructobux will have.

During the Angolan campaign, we flew six missions for which we have detailed expenditure and income reports (First Impressions, Black Diamond, Grognard, Golgotha, Gatecrasher and Finest Hour). These profit and loss reports don't account for airframe losses, however. In Angola, we had an income of $619,400,000, of which mission payouts consisted of $95,000,000 and destructobux consisted of $524,000,000. We had expenditures of $289,281,000 on ammunition and fuel, and we also lost aircraft worth a total of $119,600,000, for a total net gain of $210,519,000. However, if we account for halving the destructobux, we come out with a net loss of $51,681,000.

We'll never be able to buy a bote if we make losses

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Mitsuhashi - money now will let us do good later.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
Mitsu

Mercenaries follow the money

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Natives

They're the side with the worst naval assets. If we're going to steal a bote from someone, we have the best outcomes if we're working for the side that doesn't have anything worth stealing. We'll do fine financially, even if we might have to bomb dozens of small fishing boats/

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Mitsuhashi because I like having money

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Oh, one more thing to bear in mind. If we start posting losses, we have to sell off assets to provide for the 10% dividend. The most expensive asset we'll likely have is... the bote.

If you want a bote and actually keep it, vote Matsushita

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

David Corbett posted:

Mitsuhashi, because then at least we can keep *some* friends.

edit: also, because war crimes are one thing, but crimes against humanity are another entirely - ethnic cleansing isn't one of those things that's OK so long as it's the "right people" doing it

Better to make friends who owe us things. Things like independence.

Besides, any big corporations will have enemies. We can make new friends or at least acquaintances that way too.

As for the people going "ethnic cleansing"... you do realize how big Alaska is and how far away we are from the parts with pretty much all the people, right?

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

I want to point out that if we want to go full pirate, Natives are our best bet.

Fly over unprotected fishing vessels, broadcast to surrender and sail to our port or be blasted out of the sea.

Then, blackmail.

Alternative methods of income guys. This theater allows it.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Quinntan posted:

Using the example of our operations in Angola, let's try to figure out the impact halving our destructobux will have.

During the Angolan campaign, we flew six missions for which we have detailed expenditure and income reports (First Impressions, Black Diamond, Grognard, Golgotha, Gatecrasher and Finest Hour). These profit and loss reports don't account for airframe losses, however. In Angola, we had an income of $619,400,000, of which mission payouts consisted of $95,000,000 and destructobux consisted of $524,000,000. We had expenditures of $289,281,000 on ammunition and fuel, and we also lost aircraft worth a total of $119,600,000, for a total net gain of $210,519,000. However, if we account for halving the destructobux, we come out with a net loss of $51,681,000.

We'll never be able to buy a bote if we make losses

Does this include payments from the mines?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Native

They have the political cover for us to do Fun Things.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Does this AO have mines? Oil rigs, or something?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

power crystals posted:

Does this include payments from the mines?

No, because in this theatre we are not getting mine payments. We'll solely be getting income from the missions.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Quinntan posted:

No, because in this theatre we are not getting mine payments. We'll solely be getting income from the missions.

And the piracy :yarr:

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
MItsuhashi. They can pay us the most and we're likely to get Magical Girls on our side. Also possibly Godzilla.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

The Sandman posted:

Better to make friends who owe us things. Things like independence.

Besides, any big corporations will have enemies. We can make new friends or at least acquaintances that way too.

As for the people going "ethnic cleansing"... you do realize how big Alaska is and how far away we are from the parts with pretty much all the people, right?

Only 8,000 people live on the Aleutian islands, and they're spread over a land area half of the size of Belgium. I'm not sure exactly what we hope to gain by their support. Even if we somehow assumed that every Native American in Alaska was cool with secession, that leaves us with, uh, 110,000 people. Don't ask me where they'd live. That's hardly enough for a functioning country. We can safely assume that the rest of Alaska is not on board, given that they currently make up one of the three factions in theatre.

I'm just saying that armed minority ethnic separatist movements have a terrible track record with respect to such things as human rights" or "success". As, for that matter, do armed American secessionist movements. Especially, one presumes, would be armed American secessionist movements operating in direct contravention to United Nations mandates.

One presumes that we could have enjoyed tacit Chinese support (provided that they were willing to start the third world war, which in India they weren't), except that they hate our guts and want to see us dead.

The other two options are much safer, and Mitsuhashi has the most votes.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

David Corbett posted:

Only 8,000 people live on the Aleutian islands. I'm not sure exactly what we hope to gain by their support.

I'm just saying that armed minority ethnic separatist movements have a terrible track record with respect to human rights. As, for that matter, do armed American secessionist movements.

As opposed to corporate whores?

Native and burn the corporations to the grouuuuuund!