Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Anora posted:

Counter Point: I just want a Transmetal Megatron.

Also we'll never get a new Heinrad cause Hasbro are cowards.

Would you say they don't have the balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

DoctorWhat posted:

Would you say they don't have the balls?

:golfclap:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Last night, I noticed Thew talking about the combo weapon you can make from Core Hot Rod, Iguanus and Skywarp's gear, so today I did the only sane thing and went and bought Skywarp. He's fine, he's Starscream without the right guns, I'll probably look up a 3d printed pair, no big deal. But I want to show off Iguanus holding the combined thing.

I really didn't appreciate his robot mode enough when I first got him. The waist swivel! The sculpt! The bike wings! The ball jointed feet! The sheer size and mass of him! If Cliffjumper is a Deluxe on the fence about being a Core-class, Iguanus is on the other side of that fence spitting in his eye and challenging him to an arm wrestling contest. In bike mode, he's fun as gently caress, ultimate doot-de-doo tactile feedback. And if you're persistent, other small bots can ride him! 10/10 toy.

E: his toes balance so well in non-flatfooted poses!!

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 25, 2022

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Was just at Ollie's and they had a smattering of Earthrise Deluxes for $12.99. Saw Smokescreen, Arcee, Allicon, Air wave(rave?)

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I should go see if my local Forbidden Planet still has shelfwarming Allicons. I ordered one from an indie shop when I was in Dublin but they cancelled the order on me :negative:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Yes, you absolutely should, and then send me a couple.

Actually, I’m in Dublin I’m a few days, where should I go…?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I never even saw an Allicon on shelves in the states

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, you absolutely should, and then send me a couple.

Actually, I’m in Dublin I’m a few days, where should I go…?
Well I live in London now, but if you want to go robot hunting then Dublin City Comics on Capel Street is the best place in the city for it. Big Bang is out in Dundrum which is easy to get to but I'm not super fond of them. Forbidden Planet is on the Quays, it'll be hard to miss it if you walk between O'Connell Bridge and the Ha'penny Bridge on the south side. Sub City is kind of frowned upon for a bunch of petty local politics reasons. In terms of regular toy shops there's a big Smyth's on Jervis Street, and literally one shop down from it you'll find Banba Toymaster which occasionally has weirdly old gems turn up on the top floor. All of these, except Big Bang, are about five minutes walk from each other too which is handy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fantastic, DCC and FP are equidistant from our hotel! Thanks!

Off topic, but any food recs?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'll DM you.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

Last night, I noticed Thew talking about the combo weapon you can make from Core Hot Rod, Iguanus and Skywarp's gear, so today I did the only sane thing and went and bought Skywarp. He's fine, he's Starscream without the right guns, I'll probably look up a 3d printed pair, no big deal. But I want to show off Iguanus holding the combined thing.

I really didn't appreciate his robot mode enough when I first got him. The waist swivel! The sculpt! The bike wings! The ball jointed feet! The sheer size and mass of him! If Cliffjumper is a Deluxe on the fence about being a Core-class, Iguanus is on the other side of that fence spitting in his eye and challenging him to an arm wrestling contest. In bike mode, he's fun as gently caress, ultimate doot-de-doo tactile feedback. And if you're persistent, other small bots can ride him! 10/10 toy.

E: his toes balance so well in non-flatfooted poses!!

Did you have to sand down the black peg on the TONGS to fit it perpendicular to the Iguanus piece?

e: The sword makes him perfect.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 28, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TheDK posted:

Did you have to sand down the black peg on the TONGS to fit it perpendicular to the Iguanus piece?

e: The sword makes him perfect.

I did, yeah. Well, I used my model kit snips to cut about a mm off, but same result.

It fits him so well, doesn't it? Unlike either of the other two, the whole thing's in his colour scheme - Skywarp doesn't have red, Hot Rod doesn't have black and neither of them have any gold. And they both have (or Skywarp SHOULD have but £15 shipping on a £5 upgrade kit is ridiculous, surely somebody in the UK owns a 3d printer) other weapons of their own, but without his piece Iguanus has only his fists. He owns this sword and you cannot tell anyone otherwise.

It's a good size for the Cliffjumper mold too, I guess, if you insist.

E: Iguanus even has the best storage for it! The whole thing on his back in robot mode, and in bike mode you can either stick it to his handlebars or disassemble it and put the other bots' pieces in the 5mm ports on the back of his calves. Although that does throw his balance off a bit.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 28, 2022

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I like the sword but core-class Hot Rod looks terrible. I kind of hope some 3rd party comes out with a compatible blade, but if they did it'd probably cost as much as just biting the bullet and buying a Hot Rod.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
iguanas is ten bucks on amazon so I got a couple, now I have an iguanas on my iguanas

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I stumbled across this dude at a comic shop in Tucson:

G1 Pointblank

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Knormal posted:

I like the sword but core-class Hot Rod looks terrible. I kind of hope some 3rd party comes out with a compatible blade, but if they did it'd probably cost as much as just biting the bullet and buying a Hot Rod.

He doesn't necessarily look too good at first glance, and his transformation is a little fiddly, but his bot mode is pretty solid and poseable and his car mode looks great. Also, his spoiler is another one of those pieces with a 5mm peg on one side and a 3mm on the other, plus a 3mm port on the front, so you can start sticking Core classes to bigger figures with that too.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 29, 2022

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Xenomrph posted:

I stumbled across this dude at a comic shop in Tucson:

G1 Pointblank

Wow, that's a really awesome G1 bot I've never heard of! I assume you bought him?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
The only really major issues Core Class Hot Rod really has is that his head is hollow(which is really the one part on a Transformer that shouldn't be hollow) and that he can be a little fiddly to peg together for vehicle mode(which is a common issue for smaller transformers with more complicated transformations anyways)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
new lizards found

quote:

The species found in the historic sanctuary of Macchu Picchu received the name of ‘Proctoporus optimus‘, in tribute to Optimus Primecharacter from the science fiction film Transformers.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I like them, some kind of Beaded Lizard relative?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Wow, that's a really awesome G1 bot I've never heard of! I assume you bought him?

Hell yeah I did.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Speaking of weird old bots, I found this for £2.50 in a charity shop

Not really sure what it is other than robotech and that I have to put it together myself but looks neat 'n' complete!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's from this apparently.

Saw Vertebreak was going cheap today, so I picked it up. Iguanus has a pet now.

According to the wiki, Iguanus got obssessed with his pretender shell and decided lizards were the superior form of life. He'd absolutely join up with the Predacons in exchange for a dinosaur buddy.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 29, 2022

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Marmaduke! posted:

Not really sure what it is other than robotech and that I have to put it together myself but looks neat 'n' complete!

They're the robots that change, obviously.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Marmaduke! posted:

I know a lot of mecha from Robotech.

I have never seen this.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

The Last Call posted:

I have never seen this.

Agreed, I read the book series like 5+ times as well. Never heard of it. Probably the Robotech equivalent of "Frost Assault Batman" but drat... was Robotech popular enough for that kind of manufacturing choice??

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Unrelated to any ongoing chat, a YouTube thumbnail popped up in my feed featuring twintwist, the vid being about "insane aftermarket prices." I own that bot, still carded, so out of curiosity I checked eBay.

Listings are going for 200+CAD, lol. Not like I expect to get anywhere near that, nor do I collect for reselling purposes, but when my partner asks why I keep stuff packaged I can (currently) go all :smuggo: and show her those listings.

I felt vindicated.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 30, 2022

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The Last Call posted:

I have never seen this.
It's from Orguss, the one Super Dimension show not mashed together to make Robotech.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Arquinsiel posted:

It's from Orguss, the one Super Dimension show not mashed together to make Robotech.

Always thought it was weird that was the one they left out and not Southern Cross

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I will probably have a go at putting it together over the upcoming long weekend, I can add some pics (let me know if there's a suitable other thread to put them, I'm not an anime maniac). And yes, "The Robots that change" is a great tagline, Hasbro should consider stealing it since they're not allowed to use the T-word.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Unrelated to any ongoing chat, a YouTube thumbnail popped up in my feed featuring twintwist, the vid being about "insane aftermarket prices." I own that bot, still carded, so out of curiosity I checked eBay.

Listings are going for 200+CAD, lol. Not like I expect to get anywhere near that, nor do I collect for reselling purposes, but when my partner asks why I keep stuff packaged I can (currently) go all :smuggo: and show her those listings.

I felt vindicated.

I sold a ton of toys and old video games since the pandemic hit, nostalgia is huge. I definitely felt vindicated for all the poo poo I bought and never opened. Sold the Fire Truck RID Optimus and Ultra Magnus for close to $300, it was insane. Sold opened Resident Evil figures for $100.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I like them, some kind of Beaded Lizard relative?
That article looks to have just added a picture they found of random lizards from Google. Those are definitely young beaded lizards going to town on some eggs, and I was really surprised at first because finding a new kind of beaded lizard in South America would be a huge deal, since they presently the beaded lizard family only occurs in a relatively small strip along the west coast of Central America up into the US. If they had somehow managed to make it down to Machu Pichu in the last couple million years since the American continents were connected that would be amazing.

But no, the real lizard is just a fairly generic looking member of the spectacled lizard family.

https://www.dw.com/en/peru-researchers-discover-two-new-species-of-lizard/a-61967479

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wooooooooooooooooo!

his weapon loving suuuuuuuucks but who cares it makes a decent stabilizer!!!!!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Eyyyyyy another couple of lil ruckus raisers out to keep people awake at night and get in fist fights

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Who wants even more core class!

(Also being released with a repack of core Optimus for anyone who missed it)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That's a good tiny megatron in a good paint scheme. I'd probably get it if I didn't already buy the Voyager-size G2 repaint they did a little while ago.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Knormal posted:

Is he holding that dish like a robot pizza or something?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mmmmmm, vertical pizza

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Knormal posted:

Pfft, not me-

:pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

DisposableHero posted:

Is he holding that dish like a robot pizza or something?

Wondering the same thing. At least make it a dangerous frisbee.