Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Ouhei posted:

Patchnotes are cool and good, per usual the base tomes set seems underwhelming (assuming this is them: http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/fe38225b3d83e182213d5a4a99dc705ae58ea156_163.png?1497529462) but thankfully this time we get AF3 right away to glamour over anyways.
I spotted it in some old patch-notes but didn't know if they were real/fake: Does AF3 work the same way old AF1 did; we get it from the class storyline so that everyone has a baseline level of gear when they hit 80?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Pierson posted:

I spotted it in some old patch-notes but didn't know if they were real/fake: Does AF3 work the same way old AF1 did; we get it from the class storyline so that everyone has a baseline level of gear when they hit 80?

yup. you get a box when you hit 70 basically. on each class as well which is nice.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Pierson posted:

You get an item for your 70 job quest that can be exchanged for one full gearset for your job. I forget if this was confirmed or still just speculation.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

DirectX 11 support under Config in the launcher is now automatically set to on (Windows only).

Just wanted to point this out since I'm sure there are plenty of people on older systems that will probably log in and suddenly have 15fps and have no idea what the heck is going on.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"Topics selected on the launcher are now opened in a web browser."

gently caress I love this patch so much.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I bought stormblood through GMG at a discount (Thank you honest tank for pointing that out to me). Any idea how my BLM can turn into a samurai? I haven't finished the ARR story yet, but I am lvl 50!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Motherfucking Phunbaba.

Get ready to be Solar Plex'd!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Exmond posted:

I bought stormblood through GMG at a discount (Thank you honest tank for pointing that out to me). Any idea how my BLM can turn into a samurai? I haven't finished the ARR story yet, but I am lvl 50!

Go to Uldah and talk to some guy.

I don't think we know exactly who yet but it should show on your map as an available level 50 quest.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

This isn't a thing in PvE, is it? Because it's really weird to me that they would implement one-button combos but only in PvP.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ouhei posted:

Patchnotes are cool and good, per usual the base tomes set seems underwhelming (assuming this is them: http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/fe38225b3d83e182213d5a4a99dc705ae58ea156_163.png?1497529462) but thankfully this time we get AF3 right away to glamour over anyways.

Looking forward to the job guide later today.

So that outfit for SAM is literally just Terra from Kingdom Hearts and that's pretty radical.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Mazed posted:

Hey everyone,

'Are you

RED-y?

/haurchefant

This is amazing. What gear is it? (So I can steal it)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Downloading this patch makes this feel real.
I'm so mad I have to do things tomorrow and won't be able to play until the afternoon.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also the main scenario has its own window and tracker now so you never lose track of your next quest location.

One of the things I'm most excited for is dyeable versions of old dungeon gear used when leveling, sad they're not shown but man I really hope we get a dyeable coat of the lost thief for bard and mch.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Opposing Farce posted:

This isn't a thing in PvE, is it? Because it's really weird to me that they would implement one-button combos but only in PvP.

It is not.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Go to Uldah and talk to some guy.

I don't think we know exactly who yet but it should show on your map as an available level 50 quest.

We do know the quest starters at least, they're in the patch notes.

Only prerequisite mentioned is level 50 so any level 50 should be good to go.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

LordVorbis posted:

This is amazing. What gear is it? (So I can steal it)
Looks like shire casting chest and a high house hat. I can't recognize those gloves.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Opposing Farce posted:

its pvp only

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

It's only in PvP. They're streamlining a lot of PvP and it looks like it will be a lot more fun.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I wish the RDM melee combo was one-button like in PvP, it doesn't have branching paths or positionals.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jinh posted:

Also the main scenario has its own window and tracker now so you never lose track of your next quest location.

One of the things I'm most excited for is dyeable versions of old dungeon gear used when leveling, sad they're not shown but man I really hope we get a dyeable coat of the lost thief for bard and mch.

oh god i'll get to use the cowboy set without being stuck with the most boring shade of brown imaginable

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Not much of a farewell, but here's the last screenshot I took.

I burned through the MSQ as quick as I could (without skipping cut scenes), but unfortunately I'm still in the 3.1 patch content. Thought I had an extra day to finish :arghfist:.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Jinh posted:

yessssssssss

So many quality of life changes, I'm really excited!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Reddit said that at the start of 3.0 the notes didn't have locations for the new job quests but they're in the notes this time, looks like you just visit your 30 trainer where you first met them

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Exmond posted:

I think you may have to have finished the ARR story, not sure if that includes 2.1-2.55 as well. I have an alt at that exact spot so I can check myself, unless the patch notes make it clearer.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Opposing Farce posted:

To be fair it's really just pre-packaging a macro button for folks.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Supposedly this is skill information datamined from the SB patch:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZDNW--2QW1_-Ylomvj1n0F5fXXAQh78_OwDG5Ri_V_o/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I think you may have to have finished the ARR story, not sure if that includes 2.1-2.55 as well. I have an alt at that exact spot so I can check myself, unless the patch notes make it clearer.

Pretty sure the requirements were just finish the 2.0 msq.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Jinh posted:

Reddit said that at the start of 3.0 the notes didn't have locations for the new job quests but they're in the notes this time, looks like you just visit your 30 trainer where you first met them

I suppose it makes sense in that, at the start of 3.0, you only had the one job quest-giver anyway. You go through 52-60 with new people, so I guess they put it in the notes to avoid confusion.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

E: nvm im dumb -.-

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 15, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Brainamp posted:

Pretty sure the requirements were just finish the 2.0 msq.

That's what I heard. Notes only say you need a DoW/DoM at 50.

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009
Cards are completely unchanged.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
E: I'm crying

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

line 4401 still says 20%, there are multiple entries

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

While I posted this link, I'm a bit suspicious of it since I don't know who made it. If it's fake then mea culpa.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mulva posted:

To be fair it's really just pre-packaging a macro button for folks.

I wonder if it has the same problems as macros where they don't work as fast/optimally though.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

That's what I heard. Notes only say you need a DoW/DoM at 50.

Yeah, all the other stuff that has an MSQ requirement has a line, like "Players must first complete the Main Scenario Quest..." so it's looking like you just need to have a job at level 50 to unlock RDM or SAM. If you needed an ARR MSQ completion, it would likely say you needed to complete "Before the Dawn" (or "The Ultimate Weapon" if it was just 2.0 and not 2.55).

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Ouhei posted:

I wonder if it has the same problems as macros where they don't work as fast/optimally though.

The patch notes say that PvE buttons are completely removed from PvP, so the point is moot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Whoever said the launcher defaults to DX11 - mine did not. Just patched and it was still set to DX9. Closed the launcher and reopened it after the patching was complete and it still is set with DX9.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

So I know there are tons of quests in the game, and this doesn't actually matter at all, but for the starting Astrologian quest in SB to be East Meets West at the same time the starting Weaver quest is When East Meets West is pretty :effort: unless there's a deliberate parallel within the actual quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ouhei posted:

Certainly not. The reason that macros are slow and bad is 1. you can't set a wait time in a macro to anything other than a whole number, and 2. macros cannot queue abilities the way activating them via mouseclick or hotkey can. Macros can only be executed when things are off of cooldown. Button presses/clicks queue up half a second before the cooldown is up. The new PvP buttons aren't macros and will just be changing the skill that the button represents through the combo. They'll still queue up the same and avoid any problems macros have.

• Locked thread