Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rainuwastaken posted:

drat that Yoshi P guy for giving us videos with SB music in them before the game came out, how will I cope.

Unironically this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

Please note that players will only be able to visit the first ward of Shirogane upon the release of patch 4.0. The sale of plots and apartments will begin in a future update.

quote:

When interacting with an NPC or object while riding a flying mount, players will dismount automatically when hovering below a certain height.

Samurai is unlocked by:

The Way of the Samurai

Disciple of War or Magic level 50
Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (X:9.2 Y:9.1)
Ul'dahn Citizen

Redmage is unlocked by:

Taking the Red

Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:14.1 Y:11.7)
Distraught Lass

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 15, 2017

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
They should have literally called this expansion Final Fantasy XIV: Quality of Life.

"The PS3 is dead! Long live the PS3!"

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I get some people wanting to stay as pure as possible and that's w/e, but I don't get the lashing out at people asking not to post spoilers. Like, just be vague about it or don't post them inline.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/umadori0726/status/875326564279373824

I _almost_ unironically want this.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Samurai is unlocked by:

The Way of the Samurai

Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (X:9.2 Y:9.1)
Ul'dahn Citizen

Redmage is unlocked by:

Taking the Red

Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:14.1 Y:11.7)
Distraught Lass

So I don't have to rush to the housing area when poo poo comes online at 5am to get a plot then?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

When completing a level 51 to 59 dungeon or a level 61 to 69 dungeon, players will always receive one piece of gear equippable by their current class or job.

YES! I love this kind of RNG mitigation stuff. GOOD DESIGN!

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Zerilan posted:

So I don't have to rush to the housing area when poo poo comes online at 5am to get a plot then?

New housing wards wont be open for buying plots until later patch some month or two into the expansion afaik.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Zerilan posted:

No, can't buy in the new area at first. They'll announce when its open and you can get up at 5am then.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Y'all need to calm the heck down.

Zerilan posted:

Not this time. It's nice that we'll get to check out the neighborhood well in advance, can't remember if that happened last time.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Haruchephant comes back from the dead retroactively because his shield could now block that magic.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Zerilan posted:

They've been saying since they announced the new housing district that it'd be a few weeks before you can actually buy a plot.

They want people to enjoy the story instead of rushing through the game ASAP to get to Shirogane and buy their house.

So take your time. Sleep in! The housing rush will come for you at a later date.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I started the patch download on my PS4 this morning and then put my PS4 on standby. Now as I return, it says it was unable to download patch files [2015] and some other one. Now it's started over at 0. Is anyone else having any issues or what? I know downloading the original client had an issue or two, but it never completely started over.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Leofish posted:

Sleep in!

casual

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I wish there was a way to mark spoilers in a post so that people who care about avoiding spoilers could not read them and people who don't care could read them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Gimme

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is the catgirl website active like this thread? Because we only have the one thread on SA and it's impossible for everyone to get along here. I'm sad that SA isn't a good place to talk about my favorite game.

I want a safe space where I can discuss the upcoming changes without spoilers or dumb spoiler drama, and I really don't want that space to be reddit. Also I'm on Hyperion so idk if the catgirl website is Excalibur only.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The region map has been expanded. Players can now check quests they have accepted in other areas and use aetherytes.

Wow

Leofish posted:

They should have literally called this expansion Final Fantasy XIV: Quality of Life.

"The PS3 is dead! Long live the PS3!"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSy77QUWut0

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jinh posted:

Is the catgirl website active like this thread? Because we only have the one thread on SA and it's impossible for everyone to get along here. I'm sad that SA isn't a good place to talk about my favorite game.

I want a safe space where I can discuss the upcoming changes without spoilers or dumb spoiler drama, and I really don't want that space to be reddit. Also I'm on Hyperion so idk if the catgirl website is Excalibur only.

It's a lot more active than ffgoons, which isn't really saying much. But it can be even more active if more people post there! And yes having a dedicated message board where multiple threads for a variety of topics is so much better than just a single, linear thread.

:justpost:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Sinteres posted:

Is there any reason to be melee dps in pvp anymore?

Because bards and machinists might just be plain lousy in pvp? Haven't seen the new skills yet but if we're just going to post wild speculation then bards/mch are now missing about 3 dps cooldowns and also aren't getting the 30% increased damage of wanderers minuet anymore so their burst capacity isn't looking so great. Gotta see actual ability numbers first though to make any real judgements. And also pvp is going to be really god drat weird.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So how does the 100% armory bonus effect doing dungeons instead of pod for leveling? IIRC it felt like 6ish dungeons to do a level, will this cut it down to 4? I mean don't get me wrong I loooooove potd but maybe I'll go ahead and do the 51-60 dungeons instead.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Leal posted:

So how does the 100% armory bonus effect doing dungeons instead of pod for leveling? IIRC it felt like 6ish dungeons to do a level, will this cut it down to 4? I mean don't get me wrong I loooooove potd but maybe I'll go ahead and do the 51-60 dungeons instead.

I'd use a mix of both, going back and forth as you get bored of them.

Also the daily dungeon bonus is significant, so ideal is probably one dungeon per day + POTD at the least.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I get some people wanting to stay as pure as possible and that's w/e, but I don't get the lashing out at people asking not to post spoilers. Like, just be vague about it or don't post them inline.

Yeah you know what, I'm sorry about my tone, but I still feel the initial passive aggressive response by Fister was really dumb. There were no spoilers in any of the stuff posted. There were a handful of armor sets and minions and lyrics to a background song which had nothing to do with really any plot point or even anything beyond the boss's demeanor.

I won't put stuff in line anymore, but there's nothing that's been spoiled by anything posted yet and telling people to go to some other site to talk about them was an overreaction to the nothing that's been posted.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 15, 2017

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I started the patch download on my PS4 this morning and then put my PS4 on standby. Now as I return, it says it was unable to download patch files [2015] and some other one. Now it's started over at 0. Is anyone else having any issues or what? I know downloading the original client had an issue or two, but it never completely started over.

I don't know if this is your issue or not, but PSA for the thread anyway.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

potd is also affected by armory so

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah you know what, I'm sorry about my tone, but I still feel the initial passive aggressive response by Fister was really dumb. There were no spoilers in any of the stuff posted. There were a handful of armor sets and minions and lyrics to a background song which had nothing to do with really any plot point or even anything beyond the boss's demeanor.

I'll put stuff in line anymore, but there's nothing that's been spoiled by anything posted yet and telling people to go to some other site to talk about them was an overreaction to the nothing that's been posted.

No worries. Tensions are high because we can't currently be idling and are forced to find other things to do with our lives.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Can only FC houses be moved or can Personal houses as well?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Here's some screenshots I took at the end of HW that aren't FC group photos:

Bye Costa del Sol, I'll see you new and improved tomorrow.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Unpopular opinion: I greatly prefer leveling in dungeons. The environments are just so much lovelier and varied in dungeons (barring a few crappy ones), and on the rare occasions I turn my sound on, the music is nice, too. I think I just feel cramped in POTD, although it does have fun mechanics.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

1) Here's hoping that Beast Gauge state doesn't zero out when zoning into stuff.

Pretty sure it does, which is why Onslaught is a bad joke.

Onslaught should have generated 20 IB on a 60s cooldown.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Note Block posted:

Can only FC houses be moved or can Personal houses as well?

We don't know.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

A Spider Covets posted:

Unpopular opinion: I greatly prefer leveling in dungeons. The environments are just so much lovelier and varied in dungeons (barring a few crappy ones), and on the rare occasions I turn my sound on, the music is nice, too. I think I just feel cramped in POTD, although it does have fun mechanics.

I like leveling in dungeons but that's going to be impossible for the next few days for DPS jobs I imagine (or at least/especially 50-60 RDMs/SAMs). So it's either PotD or see if the FATE changes make it worthwhile again. See if I can sneak in a leveling/50 roulette or two.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Magil Zeal posted:

I like leveling in dungeons but that's going to be impossible for the next few days for DPS jobs I imagine. So it's either PotD or see if the FATE changes make it worthwhile again. See if I can sneak in a leveling/50 roulette or two.

Patch notes say that all the fate changes are in 4.0 areas so they likely aren't of any value to leveling sam's and rdm's, at least in the initial grind to 60.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
So Selene looks nice.

Fey Glow: Increases spell speed of self and nearby party members by 30% for 30s, 60s cooldown.
Fey Light: Increases skill speed of self and nearby party members by 30% for 30s, 60s cooldown.

They can't be used at the same time, but they don't share a cooldown on the tooltip.

Fey Caress and Wind are there too, and they look unchanged.

Didn't see those pets skills pop up anywhere.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm downloading 6GB over here, boss.

Guess it got split for me.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/cdb66bfbdb20fb63615344aea7419b73da45a837

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

So Selene looks nice.

Fey Glow: Increases spell speed of self and nearby party members by 30% for 30s, 60s cooldown.
Fey Light: Increases skill speed of self and nearby party members by 30% for 30s, 60s cooldown.

They can't be used at the same time, but they don't share a cooldown on the tooltip.

Ooh got a link to the pet details?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

So Selene looks nice.

Uhhhh... that's 2.0 seleene. Pretty sure it's just an old tooltip.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ooh got a link to the pet details?

Line 311 of this datamine looks like the start of the fairy abilties.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZDNW--2QW1_-Ylomvj1n0F5fXXAQh78_OwDG5Ri_V_o/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

A Spider Covets posted:

I don't think that opinion is unpopular at all. People do the 51-60 PotD grind because you don't need to wait 10-20 minutes between runs if you aren't a tank, not because they love standing around in Quarrymill.

PotD is fun from 150+ but earlier than that it's just a snoozefest that occasionally gets you zero exp if things go massively wrong.

• Locked thread