Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I hope pokemon go shows up in the next final destination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i can't watch this

i think all my hair will turn grey in the morning at this rate

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

PupsOfWar posted:

how many do you think joined in some quixotic quest to reform the police from within, only to be caught up and lost forever

if you're going to join a gang why not join the gang where you shake restaurants down for free meals

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
and to think this has only been day 1 of the rnc deathrally.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

there are two types of advisors in grad school. those that don't care about you or your work and will leave you sitting around going nowhere for years, and those who'll will constantly demand you come talk to them so they can shout spittle tinged invectives into your face about how slow your research is going and how you're not cut out for a future in the field. there are only these two types and if you're a woman both types will try to take sexual advantage of you
I told the guy for whom I was an undergrad research assistant to not send anyone else to work for my graduate advisor because she was a hot mess.

That said most of the other faculty were quite good by comparison.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

PupsOfWar posted:

jag what drugs do they give SEALs to strip away all higher consciousness and turn them into mechanistic killing horrors

they just literally torture them for 6 months

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
http://libertyhangout.org/2016/07/facebook-beefs-up-censorship-of-non-liberals-shuts-down-being-libertarian/

sedanchair i think you're gonna like this

hrm what would stop this kind of thing from happening in a stateless society where private companies unrestrictedly control all media...hmmm...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
where's the reset button on the loving gop

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Jagchosis posted:

Or the length entire Inuyasha series twice. And the movies.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
So I turned in all my work today, and went over the resignation checklist and realized I only have like one thing I need to do at the end of my two weeks.

I'll somehow be doing less work than I was doing before.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Approximately 1.5 hours after soccer finished, I have stopped sweating. Now I can sleep.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mr Hootington posted:

i'm not going to survive

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Jagchosis posted:

will the latest batch of seals who just saw one of their fellow candidates killed in front of them during training come out extra hardened?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I have 3 nieces who are very much into dancing. Basically if 1 of the 3 doesn't have an eating disorder that will be lucky-ish.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm not going to survive

your memory will live on

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Disinterested posted:

http://libertyhangout.org/2016/07/facebook-beefs-up-censorship-of-non-liberals-shuts-down-being-libertarian/

sedanchair i think you're gonna like this

hrm what would stop this kind of thing from happening in a stateless society where private companies unrestrictedly control all media...hmmm...

I hope for too much, but I really hope facebook explains this to them using entirely libertarian principles

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

pangstrom posted:

I have 3 nieces who are very much into dancing. Basically if 1 of the 3 doesn't have an eating disorder that will be lucky-ish.

if they're into ballet they will most likely cripple their toes to the point of barely being able to walk by age 35

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

will the latest batch of seals who just saw one of their fellow candidates killed in front of them during training come out extra hardened?

i dont know that much about the navy! its a totally different culture. maybe it just makes their penises extra hardened (like it would for the marines); i dont know

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I thought I would survive this with a couple 40s but I was wrong

I was so wrong

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Last time I went to the ballet they were pimping their new donor-supported non-profit to help broken dancers start a business like selling tights or body wash or whatever

it was sad and made me feel like I was paying to watch gladiator fights

(well my mom was paying)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
In the year 2017 there will be civil war

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i have a friend who works at facebook and she has a black boyfriend so confirmed liberal

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

where's the reset button on the loving gop
you're looking at it, it has orange hair and skin

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Jagchosis posted:

i dont know that much about the navy! its a totally different culture. maybe it just makes their penises extra hardened (like it would for the marines); i dont know

the local coroner labeled the death as a homicide, but included a note in the report saying that it was probably legally ok for the instructors to continue dunking someone underwater until their heart stopped.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Orange screen of death.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the local coroner labeled the death as a homicide, but included a note in the report saying that it was probably legally ok for the instructors to continue dunking someone underwater until their heart stopped.

:(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

"You don't sign up to rush into death and violence if you want to live forever.

:D"

-Donald Rumsfeld

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

today vacillated between dreadfully boring and unnerving

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I thought I would survive this with a couple 40s but I was wrong

I was so wrong

Turn off your tv

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
How do you guys manage to hate watch the rnc. I barely made it 10 minutes before quitting.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

paranoid randroid posted:

today vacillated between dreadfully boring and unnerving
they really need to do this on the weekend so I can drink myself to death during it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

site posted:

In the year 2017 there will be civil war

i look forward to serving with you all in the trenches as we struggle for full communism

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i think i managed to catch the only interesting bit of the rnc, the chaos surrounding the roll call vote, and managed to skip the boring idiocy that surrounded it

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
if i get ethnically cleansed in donald trump's america then know that it was a good run posting here in dadchat

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

site posted:

How do you guys manage to hate watch the rnc. I barely made it 10 minutes before quitting.
I'll be honest I only paid a little attention during it, I mostly played Overwatch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Michael Flynn is a piece of poo poo idiot and I'm glad he bombed.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

site posted:

You have to live post and get out the crazy. If you sit with it in silence it just sits in a stagnating pool of poo poo and rust.

It turns toxic

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Michael Flynn is a piece of poo poo idiot and I'm glad he bombed.

he sounds crazy as hell

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gravel Gravy posted:

You have to live post and get out the crazy. If you sit with it in silence it just sits in a stagnating pool of poo poo and rust.

It turns toxic

No y'all are just really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i look forward to serving with you all in the trenches as we struggle for full communism

Hail lesbian communist Satan, brother

• Locked thread