Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

It's a good thing when a champion's abilities match their theme, such as Xerath shooting powerful energy everywhere, or Lee Sin walking into the wrong jungle and missing skillshots.

whoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

kingcobweb posted:

Leona advice (late): the runes posted earlier are really bad. Never run scaling runes on supports unless you're Soraka.

Hit level two first
Dump everything to kill them
Do it again whenever they step up
Take tower
Roam mid/top after taking bot

Pregame setup:

AD reds
HP yellows (armor if not using armor quints)
CDR or MR blues
Armor or AD quints

TAKE IGNITE!!!

Is this still good if you're in Bronze Tier Normal Games and your adc doesn't wanna go as ham as you

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
you'll still win lane, but you'll inevitably lose becuase the enemy team's soraka will never be focused at 45 minutes

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Trundled used to be completely unplayed for a long time. Considered worthless

trundle came out two weeks after irelia, he was destined to be forgotten in the long shadow of "many sword lady"

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Stop posting food goddamn it I'm typing this from work and I'm hungry.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

Is this still good if you're in Bronze Tier Normal Games and your adc doesn't wanna go as ham as you

Yeah! I carried myself out of bronze back in s4 on the back of Leona. Just make good engages; they'll never respect your engage range and if you win one fight, the lane is over. Just be sure to ping when you're about to go in.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah! I carried myself out of bronze back in s4 on the back of Leona. Just make good engages; they'll never respect your engage range and if you win one fight, the lane is over. Just be sure to ping when you're about to go in.

Leona, Braum, Thresh were like the support trinity of S4 though.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I miss the good old days when nobody played Thresh and the default goto support was Sona...

stump collector
May 28, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah! Just make good engages

That's a tall order

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Leonas E is harder to hit is the only change from S4 iirc

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
How do I untilt myself? Seriously, I'm on a minor losing streak.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

lucifirius posted:

Take a break or play a different game mode for a little.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
lose 10 games

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

lucifirius posted:

dont tilt to begin with

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

exethan posted:

Roa on junglers sucks unless you're massively ahead so don't worry about the order of your mobafire builds

Roa is a staple of jungle karthus and I won't hear otherwise

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

hasnt roa been core on nidalee for a good while

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Solution to untilting: Play Taric and spam your joke, walk around the enemy team like a retard, and moonwalk out.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Robot Sion is good. I wish the voice was a bit louder or clearer or both but being a train is awesome and I want to jungle him now as well as top.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

lucifirius posted:

Bard

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

I should play him. Transfer the my tilt to everybody else.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I started playing a lot of bard and also taking a lot of prozac and I don't get angry at league anymore

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Brad is very fun and very relaxing

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Ignite Memories posted:

I started playing a lot of bard and also taking a lot of prozac and I don't get angry at league anymore

Prozac didn't help me. Partly because it sucks at high elevation apparently.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Man over the last week and a bit my CS on ADC Quinn has gone to poo poo.

I just can't seem to last hit anymore, or I get zoned out really easily by all these Caits that are suddenly back in fashion.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Robot Sion is good. I wish the voice was a bit louder or clearer or both but being a train is awesome and I want to jungle him now as well as top.

Agreed.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Roa sucks on junglers and people wouldn't buy it on nidalee if they could survive more than two or three crits from any ad at 25 to 30 minutes

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Hurricane Cait is somehow a real big thing now. What's up with that

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Stacks headshot faster and hurricane bolts will stretch to her doubled aa range with a trapped opponent

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

NTT posted:

Stacks headshot faster and hurricane bolts will stretch to her doubled aa range with a trapped opponent

Ja had opposing Cait just get Hurricane and IE and demolish the team from afar every time. Also didn't help that Ecko really kicks my rear end as Quinn.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
riot please put maokai back in the dumpster where he belongs, ty

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

lucifirius posted:

The first step is to not let your quality of life depend on the outcome of a video game.

The second step is to slam jam in a bot game; however if you lose there because two guys were afk, one guy fed, and the other guy built 4 zeal Sona then you go full tilt.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

lucifirius posted:

Play something less stressful like Darkest Dungeon, Xcom, Dark Souls, Hearthstone or that assignment you are due to finish by tomorrow.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Darth Windu posted:

Hurricane Cait is somehow a real big thing now. What's up with that

1) Runaan's is good now
2) Runaan's is the best zeal item on almost all champions that have 2 or more of the following 3 attributes: is primarily an autoattacker / has above average range / has a strong on-hit effect or steroid. This means Ashe, Kog'Maw, Jinx, Caitlyn, Tristana. Vayne would probably be there too if Runaan's wasn't deliberately hard-coded to not proc silver bolts on secondary targets.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

blah_blah posted:

1) Runaan's is good now
2) Runaan's is the best zeal item on almost all champions that have 2 or more of the following 3 attributes: is primarily an autoattacker / has above average range / has a strong on-hit effect or steroid. This means Ashe, Kog'Maw, Jinx, Caitlyn, Tristana. Vayne would probably be there too if Runaan's wasn't deliberately hard-coded to not proc silver bolts on secondary targets.

Vayne would be by far the best adc in the game if they didnt though. She does stupid damage to a single target and is bad at fighting multiple people unless you are really styling on some nerds and thats the way it should be.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Actually Runaan would make her silver bolts useless because it can only stack on a single target at a time.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
this is how to play cait:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riqn0JGNBFY

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

riot please put maokai back in the dumpster where he belongs, ty

I like how he pick/ban at high level and especially pro play and then riot buffed him

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
stripper pole been about to go up

we been had strippers

we been had hoes

dumb poo poo

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
What's the current best way to record League? It seems like all the recording things break every other patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What's the current best way to record League? It seems like all the recording things break every other patch.

replay.gg

• Locked thread