Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wild turtle is a bad ashe.

Bad Ashe's always kick Ashe hole's Ashes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

loving eat poo poo huni

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Shadow225 posted:

Bad Ashe's always kick Ashe hole's Ashes

WT just loves to love 'em

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Huni: A sun... fire?? cape??? is that a tiamat? no?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Immortals need to go hire Delinor something fierce so they can learn how to do things like banning Gnar earlier in a series and preventing Huni from doing really stupid top lane picks and builds

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
C9 is going to win the series and jensen hasn't even needed to use the forbidden earring

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

RealFoxy posted:

Immortals need to go hire Delinor something fierce so they can learn how to do things like banning Gnar earlier in a series and preventing Huni from doing really stupid top lane picks and builds

I don't know if Huni's going to be on Immortals next year so that might not be a problem.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
god that was bad

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Of course this would be the biggest stomp of the series. IMT under pressure is not a pretty thing.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Wild turtle is a bad.

Fixed for accuracy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I don't know if Huni's going to be on Immortals next year so that might not be a problem.
Huni's become a liability the same was Rush was on Cloud9; you've got the best jungler in the league basically babysitting all game and applying no pressure anywhere else on the map

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

RealFoxy posted:

Huni's become a liability the same was Rush was on Cloud9; you've got the best jungler in the league basically babysitting all game and applying no pressure anywhere else on the map

As an Immortals fan, it's been pretty clear through the videos/interviews that Huni/RO are a package deal. I really wish this wasn't the case, but I wonder if you can even accomplish addition by subtraction in this instance. I figure it's either the bot lane or Huni that needs to be changed in 2017, so it'll probably be Wild Turtle out. Oh and firing the coach, too. I doubt that's going to happen seeing as they built the team by forming the staff first before hiring players.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

F U C K I M T

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Did Riv just say the games have been very even as that game was ending?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Why did Meteos get an adult haircut

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Ironsoviet posted:

Did Riv just say the games have been very even as that game was ending?

[in duffman voice] Riv Man says a lot of things, ooooh yeah

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wild turtle is a bad ashe.

you seem to forget that WTs skill is based on whether or not he won the game, much like every teams individual skills

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

WildTurtle on TSM was the worst shitter to ever play ADC, and then WT on 1 loss Immortals was unbelievably clutch and integral to the team, when in all likelihood he didn't have a meaningful change in player skill in any aspect of the game in that six months.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
As bad as EU is, at least the three best EU teams are going to worlds.

I'm pretty sure CLG is like the fifth best NA team right now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Cloud9 and TSM are the only two teams worth going to World's this year. Give LMS another team and all 3 will out-perform CLG

e: Impact is the only player worth going to World's this year. Put him on TSM and just give us another IWC team too

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

Cloud9 and TSM are the only two teams worth going to World's this year. Give LMS another team and all 3 will out-perform CLG

e: Impact is the only player worth going to World's this year. Put him on TSM and just give us another IWC team too

While this may be sarcasm, I think I agree.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Seriously though, C9 is pretty good. Impact is godlike right now.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Having not watched any League this year until these playoffs/finals is CLG still just as bad as always? They got beat by IMT but are still going to world's which seems bad.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
I don't play League anymore and don't get a lot of the nuance in duels. Why was Impact able to effortlessly get kills in nearly every game over his opponents? Even Hauntzer and Huni looked like chumps compared to Impact.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Digital Jedi posted:

Having not watched any League this year until these playoffs/finals is CLG still just as bad as always? They got beat by IMT but are still going to world's which seems bad.

They were decent last split and now they are average. They're not terrible, but they will get choked out at worlds.

Jayisspecial posted:

I don't play League anymore and don't get a lot of the nuance in duels. Why was Impact able to effortlessly get kills in nearly every game over his opponents? Even Hauntzer and Huni looked like chumps compared to Impact.

Impact is really good and is finally on a decent team.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

CLG went 2-3 against IMT with one of their best picks disabled. Don't see why they are any worse than them

Also who's the 4th best supposed to be? nV?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

WildTurtle on TSM was the worst shitter to ever play ADC, and then WT on 1 loss Immortals was unbelievably clutch and integral to the team, when in all likelihood he didn't have a meaningful change in player skill in any aspect of the game in that six months.

Wildturtle can be alright in teamfights as seen on some of his games on Kalista or Lucian the last split or back in TSM but he isn't going to do that every game. He still has some weak positioning like he has had all his career and his laning phase is very weak. Hell Apollo/Adrian were better in lane than WT/Adrian. Back in season 3 he was actually good but NA's other good adc's were Qtpie/Zuna/slumping Dlift/Sneaky so he didn't have any competition. Although him and Xpecial looked very good in lane vs SKT in s3 groups vs Piglet/Mandu the same lane that destroyed Uzi/Tabe in the finals. So he has had some decent moments but imo he isn't clutch or superstar carry like Zven/Dlift or consistent like a Sneaky/Rekkles.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I feel bad for Pob, all he wants to do is play on a team with some CC and front liners

edit: while i am glad that C9 went to worlds because they have looked really good, I still wish IMT had gone in CLGs place, even if they both look like poo poo compared to TSM/C9.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 6, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ulio posted:

Wildturtle can be alright in teamfights as seen on some of his games on Kalista or Lucian the last split or back in TSM but he isn't going to do that every game. He still has some weak positioning like he has had all his career and his laning phase is very weak. Hell Apollo/Adrian were better in lane than WT/Adrian. Back in season 3 he was actually good but NA's other good adc's were Qtpie/Zuna/slumping Dlift/Sneaky so he didn't have any competition. Although him and Xpecial looked very good in lane vs SKT in s3 groups vs Piglet/Mandu the same lane that destroyed Uzi/Tabe in the finals. So he has had some decent moments but imo he isn't clutch or superstar carry like Zven/Dlift or consistent like a Sneaky/Rekkles.

I think you missed my point, which is that he was the same flawed dude on TSM that got too much backlash for being put into untenable situations, as the guy who many proclaimed to have "improved" to be an integral hard carry on a team that bothered to properly utilize him. And those opinions were 100% based on team wins and losses.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
WildTurtle looked great on IMT when they were winning because he was basically just being his usual overly aggressive self except Adrian was really good at bailing him out constantly. Dumb poo poo can look brilliant when it manages to succeed.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Jerkface posted:

I feel bad for Pob, all he wants to do is play on a team with some CC and front liners

edit: while i am glad that C9 went to worlds because they have looked really good, I still wish IMT had gone in CLGs place, even if they both look like poo poo compared to TSM/C9.

Agreed. 2nd and 3rd place should be decided in the gauntlet.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it's almost impossible to look bad when your team has a really good record. its why balls was vastly overrated after he began his huge decline, because c9 was still the best team in NA. it's also why you have to be really careful when dealing advanced stats in league because it's nearly impossible to derive context from some of them. it's like those years that adjusted plus minus suggested that carlos boozer was one of the best defensive power forwards in the nba, but actually he was just a turn stile playing on a very defensive minded bulls team

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

Once again we see that Keven is the smartest and best league fan, because I always disliked WT and thought replacing Chaox with him was a bad decision. (you know what would have probably snapped chaox out of his funk? If he wasn't playing with regi and The Odd One lmao)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'd rather deal with CLG going to worlds than making spring split completely pointless, probably. It's not like they're going to get any less far in the tournament than IMT would.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

now that my team has secured a 10,000 gold advantage my carrying can finally begin

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Jayisspecial posted:

It's because hes better at playing league of legends than them.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its too bad LZIM was a complete trash fire because Flame would have been fun to watch on 6.15

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Wildturtle looked better on IMT because of IMT's play style which is: Huni & Reignover take all of the focus, dash in and out, bait the enemy back in at low health and other poo poo, while Pob is usually providing the utility and CC and whatever and Adrian is peeling for everyone. All Wildturtle has to do in these situations is auto and maybe flash in when Reignover & Huni re-engage for the 5th time in a skirmish that has lasted for 4 minutes.

WT-era TSM was much more of a generic group & smash team fight team which means WT's positioning was way more important. Dyrus & Amazing/Santorin were also usually on tanks/utility type frontliners so they didn't have the same attention grabbing as Huni/RO champion duos.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

it's almost impossible to look bad when your team has a really good record. its why balls was vastly overrated after he began his huge decline, because c9 was still the best team in NA. it's also why you have to be really careful when dealing advanced stats in league because it's nearly impossible to derive context from some of them. it's like those years that adjusted plus minus suggested that carlos boozer was one of the best defensive power forwards in the nba, but actually he was just a turn stile playing on a very defensive minded bulls team

I actually thought Balls was garbage most of last split even though he won few mvp performance with GP. WT wasn't as bad as he was on TSM even though TSM was 2nd place team and IMT was 3rd team. He actually played alright in Spring not saying he was the main carry or anything. IMT in spring was RO snowballing Huni and this split its been RO or Pobelter carrying because of meta/huni not playing aswell.

Also is there a date for the worlds group draw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ulio posted:

Also is there a date for the worlds group draw?

This Saturday, the 10th, I think.

• Locked thread