Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Spoeank posted:

More power to you then and best of luck, but unless the other guy is literally not setting his lineup this week, I'd win the matchup in front of me first. I'm sure there's another bench player you could drop, or do a twofer to clear a roster spot.

Trading is almost non-existent in this league, although I did manage to swing a deal with the new guy. Unfortunately he has nobody else I want. I've got the Chris Thompson owner interested in a possible twofer that I asked about earlier on this page (e: I guess now it's the previous page) but nobody had an opinion :shrug:.

How droppable is Gore? I let Darkwa go last night but he's been better and I wonder whether I made the right call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.
Diggs
Julio
D. Jackson
Funchess

4 man bench, wondering if I should drop Funchess or Jax for Agholor.

Octoduck fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 25, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

tonic posted:

You guys holding the Jags D/ST through the bye? I have them on a 6-1 team and am considering it, but the bench is tiny so I’d probably have to drop DeVante Adams.

I am. Dropped Orleans for Bengals D this week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got an interesting trade offer in my 10 team keeper this morning. It's PPR with bonus points at 100 yards

I Give:
Gurley (can keep in the 4th)
Last round pick in 2018

I get:
Cooper (1)
Murray (3)
third round pick in 2018

My roster
QB: Wentz
WR: Dez, Hopkins, Thielen(12), Adams, Kearse, OBJ (1)
RB: Gurley, Mack, Smallwood, Gore, DJ (5)
TE: Ertz
Kicker and defense

3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex

I'm leaning towards no, am I being dumb? Gurley has had 20 points in literally all but one week this year and I'm a little worried Murray is going to lose touches to Henry as the year goes on, and trading Gurley for him doesn't help my RB depth at all.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

IcePhoenix posted:

I got an interesting trade offer in my 10 team keeper this morning. It's PPR with bonus points at 100 yards

I Give:
Gurley (can keep in the 4th)
Last round pick in 2018

I get:
Cooper (1)
Murray (3)
third round pick in 2018

My roster
QB: Wentz
WR: Dez, Hopkins, Thielen(12), Adams, Kearse, OBJ (1)
RB: Gurley, Mack, Smallwood, Gore, DJ (5)
TE: Ertz
Kicker and defense

3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex

I'm leaning towards no, am I being dumb? Gurley has had 20 points in literally all but one week this year and I'm a little worried Murray is going to lose touches to Henry as the year goes on, and trading Gurley for him doesn't help my RB depth at all.

I would not take that trade. It's a clear sell high on Cooper (who you would already be competing with OBJ for a draft spot) in exchange for a player who, while he has a hard schedule, has immense value in the 4th. It also doesn't provide significant benefit to your team as Murray is clearly degrading and you would be taking a significant hit. Are you limited by how many keepers you get? Because having OBJ, Gurley, and DJ in the 1st, 4th, and 5th is pretty astounding.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Three keepers, and yeah, that's who I'm keeping. I know this will come as a shock but I won the league last year thanks to OBJ and DJ (Gurley helped too)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm probably going to drop TY Hilton for a random DB because I want the 5 points or whatever the gently caress they will get me and Hilton sucks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm probably going to drop TY Hilton for a random DB because I want the 5 points or whatever the gently caress they will get me and Hilton sucks.

I've been really trying hard to resist dropping him for anyone, maybe an empty bench spot. But I really think I should just do it for some WR flier, Doctson maybe.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RVProfootballer posted:

I've been really trying hard to resist dropping him for anyone, maybe an empty bench spot. But I really think I should just do it for some WR flier, Doctson maybe.

I’m in the same boat. Him and Funchess pretty much ruin me every week.

Dropped Funchess last week and plan on giving TY one more before I start scraping the WW remains with his corpse

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

What's the best team defense to ride for the rest of the season? Detroit, Chicago, Kansas City, LA Chargers, Buffalo or Carolina?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Let go of fear and embrace streaming, my friend.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

What's the best team defense to ride for the rest of the season? Detroit, Chicago, Kansas City, LA Chargers, Buffalo or Carolina?

Detroit

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Got the Watson owner to trade him for Jordy to fill the hole Rodgers left. I feel like I swindled him

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Alfalfa posted:

I’m in the same boat. Him and Funchess pretty much ruin me every week.

Dropped Funchess last week and plan on giving TY one more before I start scraping the WW remains with his corpse

Is one more week of TY really going to help?

With @CIN, @HOU, PIT, and BYE on deck and a grueling schedule of cornerbacks afterwards, only an Andrew Luck return miracle can save his season. May as well drop now.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
Maybe I'm getting impatient with Smallwood and Cohen but are Mack and Forte better stashes?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Liquid Banjo posted:

Maybe I'm getting impatient with Smallwood and Cohen but are Mack and Forte better stashes?

Assuming ppr

I'd hold Mack and Cohen.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

the_american_dream posted:

This

I mean poo poo its not that big a deal Ive taken out kickers and put in a flex spot in the league I commish but dont treat me like an idiot for asking especially when "random, flip a coin, sort by highest projected" can apply to literally every position in this stupid game. I know a lot of goons had Legatron and if one chimed in about "hey im going with this guy during the bye because,( reason)" was all I was looking for or my post just ignored

Now im done ive posted way too much about kickers :lol:

I generally just go with any available kicker from games with the highest Vegas o/u since that does the best job at predicting high scoring games. Doing it this way will whittle it down to a list of a few decent streaming candidates then from there just choose according to whatever features you prefer. Maybe someone with a matchup indoors, at home, in a game you want to see, on a team with your QB, or just let your cat choose because really it's probably all the same.

Here's week 8 kickers sorted by Vegas' projections of their team score.

code:
Team		Kicker			O/U	Spread	Projected Score
Philadelphia	Jake Elliott		47.5	-13	30.25
New Orleans	Wil Lutz		47.5	-9	28.25
New England	Stephen Gostkowski	48.5	-7.5	28
Dallas		Mike Nugent		50.5	-2.5	26.5
Cincinnati	Randy Bullock		42	-10	26
Kansas City	Harrison Butker		43.5	-7.5	25.5
Atlanta		Matt Bryant		46.5	-4.5	25.5
Seattle		Blair Walsh		45.5	-5.5	25.5
Buffalo		Stephen Hauschka	45.5	-2.5	24
Washington	Nick Rose		50.5	2.5	24
Minnesota	Kai Forbath		37.5	-9.5	23.5
Carolina	Graham Gano		44.5	2.5	21
Baltimore	Justin Tucker		37.5	-3	20.25
I went with Butker.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You will never regret Buttkicker.

I love him so much.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DariusLikewise posted:

Go figure I play against him the one week he goes off for like 35 points.

It's a super tough decision and Hilton is against an absolute buzzsaw of a schedule. On the other hand he's still a super talented WR that gets open a lot. There's no one else you could possibly cut and do a wait and see with Hilton?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Doltos posted:

Go figure I play against him the one week he goes off for like 35 points.

It's a super tough decision and Hilton is against an absolute buzzsaw of a schedule. On the other hand he's still a super talented WR that gets open a lot. There's no one else you could possibly cut and do a wait and see with Hilton?

I was considering Ty Montgomery or Jerick McKinnon, but I think either would be picked up fast meanwhile I think Hilton will stay in FA until next week as long as he has another quiet week. I just need a roster spot for one DB this week during byes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would drop Montgomery over Hilton for sure.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

please don't drop hilton without trying to trade him first, you can probably still get a reasonable return from a WR needy team

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Teeter posted:

I generally just go with any available kicker from games with the highest Vegas o/u since that does the best job at predicting high scoring games. Doing it this way will whittle it down to a list of a few decent streaming candidates then from there just choose according to whatever features you prefer. Maybe someone with a matchup indoors, at home, in a game you want to see, on a team with your QB, or just let your cat choose because really it's probably all the same.

Here's week 8 kickers sorted by Vegas' projections of their team score.

code:
Team		Kicker			O/U	Spread	Projected Score
Philadelphia	Jake Elliott		47.5	-13	30.25
New Orleans	Wil Lutz		47.5	-9	28.25
New England	Stephen Gostkowski	48.5	-7.5	28
Dallas		Mike Nugent		50.5	-2.5	26.5
Cincinnati	Randy Bullock		42	-10	26
Kansas City	Harrison Butker		43.5	-7.5	25.5
Atlanta		Matt Bryant		46.5	-4.5	25.5
Seattle		Blair Walsh		45.5	-5.5	25.5
Buffalo		Stephen Hauschka	45.5	-2.5	24
Washington	Nick Rose		50.5	2.5	24
Minnesota	Kai Forbath		37.5	-9.5	23.5
Carolina	Graham Gano		44.5	2.5	21
Baltimore	Justin Tucker		37.5	-3	20.25
I went with Butker.

kiimo posted:

You will never regret Buttkicker.

I love him so much.

Lol someone actually used a waiver on butker

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Dude's name is literally Harry Butker. You'd be a fool not to stream him if you need help during a bye. For what team does he play?

RCarr posted:

I am quite low on Montgomery. Packers have been looking for a guy to replace him, as he can't handle too many carries without injury. He's a byenado fill-in, at most, on my teams.

Liquid Banjo posted:

I think Vietcampo nailed it. Smallwood and Forte have issues being the lead back, whereas Cohen and Mack are just one injury away for the cow's share of the carries.

For all the TY questions, consider floating a trade offer to whoever owns Luck (if anyone still does). Obviously, they still believe in the resurgence of the Colts offense, see if you can get them to double down.

Here's a fun article on QB sleepers called, "God, everyone sucks." If that article is too aggressively-titled for your snowflake senses, check out this milder article on defensive streamers .

Plus start or sit Andy Dalton, Matthew Stafford, and Dalton vs Tyrod.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

RCarr posted:

So I don't follow GB much, is Montgomery just a victim to the fact he was a WR playing RB in a pass first offense and without Rodgers that doesn't really fit? I remember early in the year (when I faced him) he put up pretty good numbers due to decent number of runs + receptions.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I still say Montgomery will become elite in PPR once McCarthy finally figures out he should have Cobb's role!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Ooooooo boy. Martavis Bryant got demoted to the scout team at practice today.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I cut the cord with Cohen today (non-PPR). Wasn't going to start him this week and almost definitely wasn't going to hold him through the bye, so adios.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Mike Tomlin takes no poo poo from no one. I'm guessing this is mostly just sending a message, but it's hard to see how Martavis is going to become fantasy relevant this year. I don't see him buttoning up and getting in line, but I also don't think the Steelers trade him and it's not like they are really suffering on offense without him. Seems most likely that they just phase him out of the offense and spitefully let him ride pine for the season.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 25, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I wish I was in a league where I could realistically cut underperforming players. The waiver wire in my league is one of the most dire places on earth.

Also a trade just happened in my league of David Johnson for Christian McCaffrey. Is Johnson supposed to be coming back this season?

Doltos fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 25, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I just dropped Martavis' rear end for Josh Doctson.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Doltos posted:

I wish I was in a league where I could realistically cut underperforming players. The waiver wire in my league is one of the most dire places on earth.

Also a trade just happened in my league of David Johnson for Christian McCaffrey. Is Johnson supposed to be coming back this season?

He could potentially be back for fantasy playoffs.

Feeling good about having moved Martavis in two separate leagues over the last couple weeks in deals for Baldwin/Crabtree and Cam/Amari. Got out just in time.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Can anyone talk me out of/reassure me about dropping Terrell Pryor for Kenny Godddamn Stills?

Edit: My other receivers are Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Sammy Watkins, and Juju Smith-Schuster. I'm okay at RB (byes notwithstanding) but could also theoretically drop Marlon Mack or Matt Forte.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 25, 2017

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I would do it. Matt Moore makes Kenny Stills relevant for the short term, and it sounds like Pryor is on the outs in Washington.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
So I just got proposed a trade of my Doug Martin and TY Hilton for Michael Thomas and Tarik Cohen.

Martin is currently my flex and Hilton my WR1 (lol) until Diggs gets healthy.

He also has McKinnon, Dion Lewis, and Woodhead. Gonna see if I can get McKinnon instead of Cohen, but if he won't do that, does this trade sound good?

Would give me a lineup of

Jameis
Gordon, Gurley
Thomas, Diggs
Kelce
Flex would be one of Cohen, Doctson, Corey Davis

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Jota posted:

So I just got proposed a trade of my Doug Martin and TY Hilton for Michael Thomas and Tarik Cohen.

Martin is currently my flex and Hilton my WR1 (lol) until Diggs gets healthy.

He also has McKinnon, Dion Lewis, and Woodhead. Gonna see if I can get McKinnon instead of Cohen, but if he won't do that, does this trade sound good?

Would give me a lineup of

Jameis
Gordon, Gurley
Thomas, Diggs
Kelce
Flex would be one of Cohen, Doctson, Corey Davis

Scoring?

Thomas is a tier or two above everyone else in that deal, so I lean yes. Don't love your flex situation, but to be honest it hasn't been much better running TY out there. PPR I'd do it for sure. Standard would make me think a little longer, but probably still do it.

McKinnon would obviously be preferable and a mash.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What level of WR could I reasonably expect to get in return for a combination of Kelce/Engram + Hogan/Landry? Is that enough to land a stud? (Non-ppr)

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Gobias Ind. posted:

Scoring?

Thomas is a tier or two above everyone else in that deal, so I lean yes. Don't love your flex situation, but to be honest it hasn't been much better running TY out there. PPR I'd do it for sure. Standard would make me think a little longer, but probably still do it.

McKinnon would obviously be preferable and a mash.

Sorry forgot to mention its 0.5 PPR

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What are y'all doing with your GB wr shares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

What are y'all doing with your GB wr shares

Panicking