Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Telsa Cola posted:

Wait so how bad is it that they might have trash documents important to the investigation

IANAL, but......

They don't ask for things they don't know exist. The Trump campaign, whatever form it might currently contain, did not receive a firmly written letter asking them to incriminate themselves.

The Senate intelligence committee asked them for something they know is there, but can't formerly ask for, because they're working on a tip from probably the FBI.

So wanting to get their investigation going, they ask for everything, because they know exactly what they're going to flip right to.

Related ish, buddy of mine graduated from georgia tech with a masters in mathematics, stupid smart, interned with the NSA, got pinged by google is and is out in san fran now.

His first job was selling software to the government that helped them sort through data dumps. When governments request documents from firms (whether or not they know what they're asking for) a common response would be for the firm to give them you know 20 years worth of correspondence and say "have fun." Of course this would bog everything down. He worked on then sold software that would basically learn what is was looking for from what was given and hone in on it. I'm not explaining it well I apologize.

Anyway, he told me this was how government investigators could track things down faster. They always know what they're asking for. And if they don't find it, it's obstruction.

In this case, it's likely the FBI already has it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kilroy posted:

I don't think ISIS CURES TROONS means anything by it, he's just a nascent forums stalker I seem to have attracted. Replying to my posts with some sort of right-wing critique of why "liberals" lose elections gets him hard (or wet, as the case may be).

You fantasize about murdering people on the other side of the aisle. Let's not pretend you are anything but a crazy person.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Filthy Hans posted:

She didn't have to see poo poo in him, the whole thing reeks of an arranged marriage

There's actually good precedent for this. Betsy DeVos is in a sort-of arranged marriage, and so is at least one of her daughters.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

You fantasize about murdering people on the other side of the aisle. Let's not pretend you are anything but a crazy person.

projection dot com

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
why is no one talking about the red lights??????

https://twitter.com/FOX5Atlanta/status/868988998173241344

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

I think the working theory is sweeping for surveillance equipment etc. (and/or installing :orb: )

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

ShredsYouSay posted:

Could it just be red light treatment for trumps jetlag?

E: apparently its a "rejuvenation" treatment

That sounds so perfectly Trumpian, so that's probably it. Grandpa needed his rave lights to reset his sleep schedule after dealing with the scary foreigners who spoke with funny accents and didn't immediately worship him.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
As an aside, if law enforcement bugs you and you find and destroy the bugs are you in any way legally liable?

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Also take a look at the last page. But it is just orb work, or possibly we are in the worst quantum leap timeline and Scott Bakula just jumped into trump to somehow try to fix things.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

imagining the satanic ritual conspiracy theories if obama was still in the white house

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

catspleen posted:

Also take a look at the last page. But it is just orb work, or possibly we are in the worst quantum leap timeline and Scott Bakula just jumped into trump to somehow try to fix things.

IIRC the evil leaper from Quantum Leap had red special effects when she leapt around. So maybe it was the Evil Leaper actually leaping out of Trump, having accomplished the mission of destroying NATO? :ohdear:

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
"Accidentally" (alzheimers induced fugue state) pressed the panic button instead of the 'bring me a new coke' button.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

burnt popcorn in the microwave

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Trump pushed the button and now they're using sirens and flashing lights to make him think they actually went through with it

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Gum posted:

Trump pushed the button and now they're using sirens and flashing lights to make him think they actually went through with it

God I just got a mental image of Trump sitting in a Hollywood-style mockup of the White House situation room, an intense military situation unfolding on the massive screen before him. The conversation between the Joint Chiefs pauses for a moment as Mattis hands Trump an unplugged SNES controller to keep him from fidgeting and chewing on the table. McMaster sighs as he readies an old Nokia phone with the battery taken out of it, just in case the Leader of the Free World decides he wants to play-pretend.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Last night, I had a dream: That Trump got elbowed. Right in his stupid, loving doughy face. When he fell down and looked up to see his assailant, he was shocked...

Unfortunately, because the alarm didn't work and I woke up super late (a little over an hour before I got to work, since I live at 25 minutes by car), the cold shower erased most of that dream. :(

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wark Say posted:

Last night, I had a dream: That Trump got elbowed. Right in his stupid, loving doughy face. When he fell down and looked up to see his assailant, he was shocked...

Unfortunately, because the alarm didn't work and I woke up super late (a little over an hour before I got to work, since I live at 25 minutes by car), the cold shower erased most of that dream. :(

So who was the assailant? You can't leave us hanging like that! Macron? Sanders? Merkel? Conway?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gum posted:

I still reckon is just a regular old post late supper rave.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Drone posted:

IIRC the evil leaper from Quantum Leap had red special effects when she leapt around. So maybe it was the Evil Leaper actually leaping out of Trump, having accomplished the mission of destroying NATO? :ohdear:

Only Al and Ziggy can save us now, too bad he was a cylon all along

catspleen fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 29, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

There Bias Two posted:

So who was the assailant? You can't leave us hanging like that! Macron? Sanders? Merkel? Conway?
Can't remember. Though if I had to guess, since he was shocked, I'm guessing it was somebody from his inner circle.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
That light poo poo is probably just this nonsense again i.e. fake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIQftayoBCA

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

VitalSigns posted:

Presumably at a certain point after enough people moved out the remainders would just do it themselves out of malicious stupidity.

Like those rurals who unincorporate their towns because "no goddurned elitist know-it-all polesmoker is gonna tell me three feet of horseshit in my backyard is a public health hazard" and then die in the darkness wondering why the roads don't get paved and the streetlights don't come on anymore.

Haha this is amazing. People are so loving stupid.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

McCain remains deeply concerned about Trump, Jared and Putin. So very deeply concerned. One day he might even become disconcerted.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Gum posted:

As an aside, if law enforcement bugs you and you find and destroy the bugs are you in any way legally liable?

Knowing police it probably counts as assault on a peace officer

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

Presumably at a certain point after enough people moved out the remainders would just do it themselves out of malicious stupidity.

Like those rurals who unincorporate their towns because "no goddurned elitist know-it-all polesmoker is gonna tell me three feet of horseshit in my backyard is a public health hazard" and then die in the darkness wondering why the roads don't get paved and the streetlights don't come on anymore.

Of course the original petition was started by some 80 year old rear end in a top hat. Old people burning the world around them rather than have anything "change" is really some kind of defining trait of America and probably elsewhere too.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

This is perfect. This is our stupid loving country in a nutshell. People voting themselves out of existence in order to spite someone or something. It's amazing.

On a side note poo poo like this also makes me depressed. I honestly used to love this country. Hell I'm watching Band of Brothers right now (HBO memorial day marathon) and it made me think that, despite the many MANY faults of this nation, at least it tried to prove its existence by standing for an ideal. We can't even do that anymore, and I blame Republicans and anyone selfish and stupid enough to still associate with them.

Solaris 2.0 fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 29, 2017

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I have a hard time believing some high tech bug detection equipment used at the highest level of information security looks that dumb.

e: or maybe it actually does look that dumb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfn2mBa4AE

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 29, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Drone posted:

God I just got a mental image of Trump sitting in a Hollywood-style mockup of the White House situation room, an intense military situation unfolding on the massive screen before him. The conversation between the Joint Chiefs pauses for a moment as Mattis hands Trump an unplugged SNES controller to keep him from fidgeting and chewing on the table. McMaster sighs as he readies an old Nokia phone with the battery taken out of it, just in case the Leader of the Free World decides he wants to play-pretend.

Why would Angela Merkel be there?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

catspleen posted:

Drone posted:

You both are my favorite people now.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bessbell/status/868989442119262208
https://twitter.com/bessbell/status/868999243834335232

https://twitter.com/martintisne/status/868756931313360897

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Yeah, you shits knew all along about climate change, didn't you. gently caress off

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

VitalSigns posted:

Ripoff posted:

This is fascinating and hilarious in a sick way. :stare: I kinda wish they'd do an update on the place now 3 years later. I mean, did they sell the community center? Do the streetlights come on anymore? Does it look like a hellscape out of a poorly-funded zombie TV movie?

I really want to know what happens to these places because it will be happening everywhere, soon. :unsmigghh:

FalseNegative posted:

Radiolab did a pretty good show on this:

http://www.radiolab.org/story/seneca-nebraska/

"Our town is still our town in our hearts, and those ~others~ aren't part of it now!"

Huh. A town compaction cycled itself out of existence.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Is this a :doh: moment? This very clearly feels like a :doh: moment.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

morcant posted:

Yeah, you shits knew all along about climate change, didn't you. gently caress off

It's Gay Marriage for them; they want it for nothing more than the political capital and easy riling up of their voter base. If it gets passed, then they literally hand the opposition an easy talking point; "These idiots are trying to kill the planet".

They don't want it gone for REAL. They need a planet to rip apart for resources and to eventually spend that money on.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wark Say posted:

Is this a :doh: moment? This very clearly feels like a :doh: moment.

It sure would've been nice of them not to spend years pretending climate change wasn't real and letting it worm its way into the right wing consciousness as another 'WE MUST DEFEND THIS UNTO THE DEATH OF OUR CHILDREN' dogma.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Flesh Forge posted:

I have a hard time believing some high tech bug detection equipment used at the highest level of information security looks that dumb.

e: or maybe it actually does look that dumb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfn2mBa4AE

It was McMaster on his hands and knees with a red flashlight and a smartphone making beeping noises as Trump, standing over him, demanded that he find the Deep State and WaPo bugs.

Jokes but lol if it really was them sweeping in light of that article about Team Trump huffing their own conspiracy farts.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Solaris 2.0 posted:

This is perfect. This is our stupid loving country in a nutshell. People voting themselves out of existence in order to spite someone or something. It's amazing.

It's a town that had a peak population of 500 people in 1920 and has shrunk to a population of 34. It's unfortunate the actual topic that did it was being mean to horses but come on, it's absolutely crazy for a town of 34 people to have a town government.

They are now governed by Thomas County, a county of 647 people.

This thread is getting oddly angry about what is pretty clearly a totally reasonable change in structure of local control. They aren't some weirdo savages that gave up new york city to be grown over by grass and eaten by wolves or something, they are a town with almost no people in it giving local control to the county seat, which google maps indicates is less than 15 miles away. woop de doo.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's a town that had a peak population of 500 people in 1920 and has shrunk to a population of 34. It's unfortunate the actual topic that did it was being mean to horses but come on, it's absolutely crazy for a town of 34 people to have a town government.

They are now governed by Thomas County, a county of 647 people.

This thread is getting oddly angry about what is pretty clearly a totally reasonable change in structure of local control. They aren't some weirdo savages that gave up new york city to be grown over by grass and eaten by wolves or something, they are a town with almost no people in it giving local control to the county seat, which google maps indicates is less than 15 miles away. woop de doo.

While you raise a good point, I think it was the manner in which it was dissolved that has people (over)reacting.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Reminder Paul Ryans favorite band is RAtM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder Paul Ryans favorite band is RAtM.

Ironically, he's RAtM's least favourite politician :v:

• Locked thread