Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Livia has those.

Bozja did it.

Edit: hmm, there's some writing on the revolver barrel. It's not Eorzean. Does Bozja have their own alphabet?

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, we're going there to pull their head out of their asses, not beat them up until they submit.

Like it's worth remembering that the vast majority of the Scions are from Sharlayan. They are not going to come up with the plan on "Set their bunker on fire so they listen to us."

yea there's no way Sharlayan won't wind up pulling an Ishgard where the point is showing a nation of mostly good and willing to help people that their leaders right now suck rear end and it's time to stop being dicks and join the rest of the world. We're literally going in there with the not-president's children and his father's trusted allies, that is not a recipe for violent overthrowing.

I do want to punch him just once though, gently caress him for making the twins sad :argh:

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

In the same vein as the Fordola story, what if the memories/revelations from the original source reveal that Zenos in days of Amaurot was among Azem's party members? Might as well go hog wild with everyone being connected and entangled in a deeper fashion. It would be great if even in those days Ancient Zenos was a super weirdo who only found joy in combat and then fighting or adventuring with the Shepherd. They should go the best friends forever route I say.

On a serious note, I like the idea of a twisted person becoming even more broken post sundering, and maybe something is similar is at work with Fandaniel. Though I also believe the latter has some connection with The Sound whether that be in its creation or just being corrupted by it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tekne posted:

In the same vein as the Fordola story, what if the memories/revelations from the original source reveal that Zenos in days of Amaurot was among Azem's party members? Might as well go hog wild with everyone being connected and entangled in a deeper fashion. It would be great if even in those days Ancient Zenos was a super weirdo who only found joy in combat and then fighting or adventuring with the Shepherd. They should go the best friends forever route I say.

On a serious note, I like the idea of a twisted person becoming even more broken post sundering, and maybe something is similar is at work with Fandaniel. Though I also believe the latter has some connection with The Sound whether that be in its creation or just being corrupted by it.

I think if they do anything with ancient Zenos I think it will be revealing that he is a creation of the sound/Lavos/Sin whatever it ends up being.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eimi posted:

I think if they do anything with ancient Zenos I think it will be revealing that he is a creation of the sound/Lavos/Sin whatever it ends up being.

Resonant vs Echo is a very interesting pair of terms when you get to talking about a sound slowly causing the end of the world

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Regy Rusty posted:

E: ^^ WOW

A popular theory is that Venat is the Elidibus to Hydaelyn's Zodiark. We dunno if it works the same way for sure yet though

Isn't that outright stated post Anamnesis Anyder?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tekne posted:

I still think a really interesting thing to see explored with Fandaniel, and where I think it's going, is that what's wrong with him actually seems to stem from the Unsundered. His crystal, the one they made and filled with memories, is apparently the part that's broken.

Which would explain why he seems to hate them. If some ancient immortal assholes reawoken your ancient soul (probably against your will while claiming it's a blessing or something, given who we're talking about) to fulfill their needs, and then hosed it up? Yeah, you'd probably start breaking their poo poo as petty vengeance, gently caress those guys.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Isn't that outright stated post Anamnesis Anyder?

Yeah looks like it was. I guess I forgot

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Two other things to speculate about: Who do you think the Dreamer in the Garlemald Tower that Zenos mentions at the end of 5.55 is, and will the devs give Zenos a Reaper familiar or will he be too cool for that

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

my hail mary is that the dreamer is Anima, or someone who will conjure Anima

all we really know about them is that they can apparently generate more aether from their dreams, which you could draw lines to the fayth in FFX. I'm not 100% committed to the idea, since just because Anima was in X doesn't mean their circumstances will mirror how they were summoned in X, but it's something to think about.

I am 100% confident that it's not Zodiark, though, since Zenos' seemingly ultimate goal is to pilot/eat/shake hands with Zodiark.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Sorry... the dreamer?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Sorry... the dreamer?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Bruceski posted:

, and gunbook.

The term is "magazine"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Sorry... the dreamer?

Zenos and Danny boy reference it in 5.55

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Chillgamesh posted:

Two other things to speculate about : Who do you think the Dreamer in the Garlemald Tower that Zenos mentions at the end of 5.55 is, and will the devs give Zenos a Reaper familiar or will he be too cool for that

Pretty sure the 'Dreamer' doesn't refer to that and they're calling Zodiark that, but I've had a solid theory for who's in the Garlemald Tower ever since it came up. Because reasonably, whoever's in there has to be a true believer in Garlemald.

The captured people powering the Garlemald Tower are the 1st Legion, led by Nerva. Ever notice how they quietly disappear from the story with no mention right as Fandaniel starts to put the Telophoroi and tower plans into motion?

Vitamean posted:

my hail mary is that the dreamer is Anima, or someone who will conjure Anima

But something that struck me today in the shower about FFXIV's Anima.

Remember that in FFX, Anima is Seymour's mother, in constant pain and torment because of the experience of becoming an aeon for her son, and also how phenomenally goddamn lovely her son is and how she cam do nothing but watch him burn down the things she believed him to be capable of.

If that direct origin is something to pull from, I can think of a perfect candidate. A woman who by all evidence has been brought back from the dead, after having died in great pain, and is now probably going to be subject to both the nation her killers call home and the last guy doing anything with the legacy she fought for both just being tremendous fuckheads.

By their own writing, the Students of Baldesion killed Emmerololth extremely painfully to prevent her getting at Eureka. And yet she was apparently still around afterwards, for at least one scene. If she really is still around, I can't imagine she's holding together tremendously well psychologically. Especially if Fandaniel did something to ensure she wouldn't stop his plans.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

... has Zenos' mother ever been accounted for?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

multijoe posted:

... has Zenos' mother ever been accounted for?

It was mentioned in a short story that she died relatively early in Zenos' life.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the playerbase would riot if Eureka became MSQ required, lol.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My bet is if we're gonna get any hint on who the dreamer is before Endwalker proper, they'll feature into the final short story this Friday.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the playerbase would riot if Eureka became MSQ required, lol.

Emmeroloth's death would've happened in whenever the Isle of Val disappeared, in 2.1 or 2.2? Doing Eureka after would spell out that they got owned, but it's not something that you'd absolutely need to do.

Although I think the running theory with the 2nd Emmeroloth was that they were another shard awakened as an Ascian after the previous one died.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Only the three we know of remained unsundered, right? Any Emmerololth would be reawakened, though there's nothing stopping them having elevated another shard between then and 5.0

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'll say it's not for no reason they explicitly brought back Emmeroloth for Eureka only to tell you Galuf & co. eliminated them two expansions ago, so having that followed up somehow in Endwalker or later would be nice. I'm more curious what the remaining sundered Ascians (including Emmy 2) have been up to since the Crystal Tower made Elidibus it's +1.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'd like to think that at least some of the remaining Ascian shards will take the same gift of freedom that Fandaniel got and do something good with it instead

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I suspect "the dreamer" is gonna be Jenova/Lavos/whatever and they're squeezing it for juice. Everything's made of aether, after all.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Macaluso posted:

Sorry... the dreamer?

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Dreamer

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Macaluso posted:

Sorry... the dreamer?

Beauty's Wicked Wiles posted:

Night.
Embrace Her worldly delights, tonight

In time you shall follow
In time you shall follow
Behold as our burdens come set with the sun

Tonight.
Step from the dark to the light, tonight

Rise high, high above our rivals
Spread our wings
Spread them wide
Let them guide
Hereby free to ever slumber
Open the door
Close our eyes
We are the dreamers

Fire.
Born of the flames of desire. This fire

Give in to the hunger
Give in to the hunger
Cast off inhibition, let passion run wild

Desire.
Fuel the unquenchable fire. Desire.

Rise high, high above your rivals
Spread your wings
Spread them wide
You needn't hide
Hereby free to ever slumber
Open the door
Close your eyes
You are the dreamer

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You get put to sleep by a tempered Thaumaturge right before you're brought to Ifrit. The entire rest of the game is the dream you're experiencing while tempered by Ifrit. The Scions are actually just Ifrit's other servants, but given a familiar face. The enemies you fight are Brass Blades and other such people trying to stop primals.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You get put to sleep by a tempered Thaumaturge right before you're brought to Ifrit. The entire rest of the game is the dream you're experiencing while tempered by Ifrit. The Scions are actually just Ifrit's other servants, but given a familiar face. The enemies you fight are Brass Blades and other such people trying to stop primals.

Hydaelyn is actually the immortal sorceress Tataru from the future who was so obsessed with being reunited with her beloved money that she sought to compress time itself to be reunited with it

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Final Fantasy XIV is only you coming to reconcile the harsh reality of how you murder-suicided your entire family while you're dying of your shrapnel injuries during the Vietnam War, and Zenos is actually the doctor who's trying to bring you out of your semi-fugue state before you kill again.

Nidhogg was actually your sister... Laurie Myers

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
You take a ride in a space whale in order to convince your best friend to stop hitting on your girl. On the moon.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nessus posted:

Final Fantasy XIV is only you coming to reconcile the harsh reality of how you murder-suicided your entire family while you're dying of your shrapnel injuries during the Vietnam War, and Zenos is actually the doctor who's trying to bring you out of your semi-fugue state before you kill again.

Nidhogg was actually your sister... Laurie Myers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiP3ZDApOsA

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Those pictures remind me that I really miss when Zenos was just wearing a long white jacket over his shoulders. It looked cooler than the evil robe he's got on now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ferrinus posted:

Those pictures remind me that I really miss when Zenos was just wearing a long white jacket over his shoulders. It looked cooler than the evil robe he's got on now.

100% agree there, that stupid 'jacket just hanging on the shoulders' look is so good for a cocky and smug baddie, especially with Zenos' general style.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

funny to me that they invented a costume for zenos to use in five cutscenes and Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Actually that gives me an idea: It should be a feature of NG+ that you get to glam all the major NPCs in the story

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Chillgamesh posted:

Actually that gives me an idea: It should be a feature of NG+ that you get to glam all the major NPCs in the story

Everyone as a stripper cowboy? Ok, I'm down.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Everyone Is 2B

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Everyone Is 2B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V11lKAkBcY

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

in this moment I've changed my mind

if they're bringing back lahabrea for pandaemonium then the dreamer is lahabrea. lock it in louie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Chillgamesh posted:

Two other things to speculate about : Who do you think the Dreamer in the Garlemald Tower that Zenos mentions at the end of 5.55 is, and will the devs give Zenos a Reaper familiar or will he be too cool for that

Anima will be his familiar.