Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Starting tomorrow, and every other Wednesday after, Brudders Gate. The McElroy family (including Clint) will have four episodes of a multiplayer Baldurs Gate 3 playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Shinjobi posted:

Starting tomorrow, and every other Wednesday after, Brudders Gate. The McElroy family (including Clint) will have four episodes of a multiplayer Baldurs Gate 3 playthrough.

This will actually force them to learn how to play DND, can’t say I’m in favor

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Latest Sawbones was good and I wish Justin would spin off an MLM podcast, he clearly has the morbid fascination with them that I also have

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://youtu.be/2rSuYJtxZUY?si=lJUm4VGexX9VfQ2a

Kinda shocked that Travis would know about King Gizzard. Although I could not even venture a guess as to what kind of music he listens to

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

grittyreboot posted:

Kinda shocked that Travis would know about King Gizzard. Although I could not even venture a guess as to what kind of music he listens to

Yeah, you could (fallout boy and things of that nature)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Travis is a man who is permanently accompanied by modern panic at the disco everywhere he goes

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

grittyreboot posted:

Traviscore mostly.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Warbird posted:

Traviscore mostly.

lol

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The Trav Nation anthem was for sure composed by Brendon Urie and has punctuation in the title.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Roll for possum.

Natural possum!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Justin being utterly punished by nature for his hubris was pretty good this MBMBAM.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I hadn't been keeping up with Seinfeld. Last I heard he was just a regular old grouch. I didn't know he's been developing advanced Rowling brain.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I just ordered some fragrances Sunday night I feel like I accidentally willed Jeremy fragrance back into existence

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1790135617306652701

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Has Jerry gone woke?

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
It must drive him so insane that Larry David is still successful while he can no longer get an ounce of respect anywhere and everything he puts out flops

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

ricro posted:

It must drive him so insane that Larry David is still successful while he can no longer get an ounce of respect anywhere and everything he puts out flops

In the series finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm there was a 1-2 minute segment where Larry and Jerry riffed about...I don't even remember, something dumb. And at some point after that I heard an interview from Jerry Seinfeld about that moment, and how they were all super tired from filming that day and Jerry just decided to start riffing with Larry and they had a really fun time and their banter made the final cut of the episode.

During that interview I remember realizing that that whole entire unfunny and unmemorable exchange, that I remember not laughing at at all, was initiated by Jerry Seinfeld, and that he's ultimately the less funny party when it comes to Larry + Jerry. I think a lot of Seinfeld's success can be traced directly to Larry David, with Jerry Seinfeld happening to be in the right place at the right time.

To be fair, I do remember dying laughing to a Jerry Seinfeld stand-up special as a teen in the early 00's, possibly "I'm Telling You For The Last Time" of which the title is sticking in my brain.

But at this point? My most prominent thought is: that was a long, long time ago.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

timp posted:

In the series finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm there was a 1-2 minute segment where Larry and Jerry riffed about...I don't even remember, something dumb. And at some point after that I heard an interview from Jerry Seinfeld about that moment, and how they were all super tired from filming that day and Jerry just decided to start riffing with Larry and they had a really fun time and their banter made the final cut of the episode.

During that interview I remember realizing that that whole entire unfunny and unmemorable exchange, that I remember not laughing at at all, was initiated by Jerry Seinfeld, and that he's ultimately the less funny party when it comes to Larry + Jerry. I think a lot of Seinfeld's success can be traced directly to Larry David, with Jerry Seinfeld happening to be in the right place at the right time.

To be fair, I do remember dying laughing to a Jerry Seinfeld stand-up special as a teen in the early 00's, possibly "I'm Telling You For The Last Time" of which the title is sticking in my brain.

But at this point? My most prominent thought is: that was a long, long time ago.

Yeah, in the late 90s/early 00s I laughed at Denis Leary standup specials, we've all done it. I mostly put it down to it being some of the earliest standup I'd seen so I just didn't know any better.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

People get weird about this stuff when it comes out that the creator of something you used to enjoy turns out to be a bad person. Charisma and/or talent are not mutually exclusive with not being a shithead! Like, sure, in hindsight it seems like Larry David was the driving force behind what made Seinfeld tick, but it feels like a revisionism to act like the namesake guy wasn't part of that show's charm.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Elaine was the load bearing dork

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It's starting to sound a little Max Fun in here.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's starting to sound a little Max Fun in here.

Yeah. In your computer monitor. Which is not turned on by the way

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

yeah actually they will posted:

Yeah. In your computer monitor. Which is not turned on by the way

Lurk more.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

CatstropheWaitress posted:

People get weird about this stuff when it comes out that the creator of something you used to enjoy turns out to be a bad person. Charisma and/or talent are not mutually exclusive with not being a shithead! Like, sure, in hindsight it seems like Larry David was the driving force behind what made Seinfeld tick, but it feels like a revisionism to act like the namesake guy wasn't part of that show's charm.

Well he's a famous millionaire and I'm just some rear end in a top hat on the internet so who gives a poo poo what I think :v:

Cool Games Inc. was the first podcast I really got into back in 2016, so much so that when I ran out of episodes, I went back to the beginning and listened through again. I highly doubt that my tastes have changed enough in 8 years to go back and not find that show funny anymore, and yet I've never once done so, because I just have no desire to anymore. The magic's gone. A moment in time to which I can never return.

That's how I feel about Seinfeld; I just have no desire to go back and watch anymore, despite loving it when it came out. Yes it's a little dated, but it's not even about that. It's more like, I see what he's doing and it doesn't do it for me anymore. I also won't turn my nose up at anybody who still does like it.

It's fine though because there's a million other people out there making incredible art and comedy to fill that void!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I for one never liked Bean Dad

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Pham Nuwen posted:

I for one never liked Bean Dad

The Bean Dad opening was better.

Put on my headphones, hit play, start cooking breakfast while my talky show opens up with a nice, gentle tune that's familiar, but not too familiar, but not too not familiar.

Somehow the new opening always surprises me with an intensity that I'm not really looking for when I start a podcast, without also being loving awesome like most of the Adventure Zone openings

Maybe the sort of whiplash going from "the McElroy brothers are not experts" to the song contributes? It's a departure, that's for sure.

Edit--
Every time the new theme song plays, it sort of surprises me. It's like I could have never seen what was coming for me.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 15, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I was always able to skip Bean Dad perfectly to get right to the top of Justin’s spiel, the new song I always overshoot by like five or ten seconds

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
They shouldve just bought the license for Take a Chance on Me at that point

But also justice for Bean Dad whose biggest crime was merely being super annoying

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

ricro posted:

They shouldve just bought the license for Take a Chance on Me at that point

But also justice for Bean Dad whose biggest crime was merely being super annoying

And some antisemetism. And racism.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Did he ever find out what the deal is with airline food?

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Hated Bean Dad sing. It kind of blew out my ears. The Zero Punctuation theme song was similar.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bring back Girl Talk outro 3 stacks

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
best theme song was the Rugrats reinterp

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

And some antisemetism. And racism.

Okay I guess I missed that part. I was just thinking about the beans

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That's kind of the problem with the entire affair. Scoped to just the "scandal" he was guilty of only being somewhat unfunny and a bad storyteller. However when people started digging looking for dirt all that business came out (fairly old iirc, but still no bueno) and ties were cut. The entire thing was very stupid, but so was he for making those statements and also not deleting them once he (in theory) became less of a shithead.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Am I crazy or does Travis try to muscle his way into being the main character of every Adventure Zone arc

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Travis absolutely does. Though I HAVE to imagine that after Ethersea and how his character went he at least has some self awareness of it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

change my name posted:

Am I crazy or does Travis try to muscle his way into being the main character of every Adventure Zone arc

That doesn't sound like something Travis would do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
#notmytravis