Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Given the only flipped role I can see that can gently caress with cop results is a Dmitri godfatherizer who I can see 0 reason why they would do so on Maugrim...

either Maugrim is a godfather (possible) or town.

bluuurgh brain why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Spoonsy posted:

Doctor thing i. e. we had one person suddenly require a doctor to not die after a day vig.

And as someone who spent the later half of their mafia career modding/designing, a game like this screamed multiple factions from the jump just given size.

The only time that happened was D3. It was specifically called out by mod. Your post here is D6. So...

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Dexanth posted:

The only time that happened was D3. It was specifically called out by mod. Your post here is D6. So...

Something had occurred to make it happen. There was no reason to assume it wouldn't possibly occur again.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
To be more specific, something had changed when it happened D4 (it was D4, because evens, remember?). We didn't know what. We just saw someone get shot, not die, and then succumb to their injuries that evening. It was unclear as to whether it was on the part of the shooter or the victim.

D6 was the next time it occurred. Its lack of occurrence D5 should have, in retrospect, been a bigger red flag. So I was naturally curious as to whether or not it would happen again.

Also, just looking back at the roles... we've had 2 town doctors and 1 scum doctor flip. A third doctor feels like it might be a bit much?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Okay I am not voting yet but if y'all are part of the post-midnight post club, AFQM has my finger of suspicion at the moment

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

D4, ugh, yes.

I think its clunky but I'll stop tugging that thread for now

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Dexanth posted:

so to make sure i get it right, if you protect someone night 1, the actual protection effect is for N2, etc?

Yes

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Sure is strange how everyone besides me is either a vanilla town or a 'day hider'(???)

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
But somehow people are fingering me for scum.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

I'm not sure of anyone, right now. And like, I was right about merk but for the wrong reasons - being totally wrong on MSRR = needing to re-examine my everything.

Like, someone bussed here, and I have no idea who.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Anyways I have two more reads I want to do tomorrow.

I mean, Maug is still fairly high on town for me, cause among other things to be scum has to be godfather, which is of course possible but less likely

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I don't want to overthink today because the last game I was in this situation I agonised for days and then still guessed wrong.

Spoonsy is the scummiest, if that's wrong I'll vote PQ tomorrow, if that's still wrong then well played AFQM.

I just wish MSRR had shot Spoonsy like he indicated because then either the game would be over or today's decision would be even easier!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Also, if it helps you read me, I'm loving terrible at scum. The only time I didn't get voted off D1/D2 was when I hard lurked three days and then rode a doc claim to endgame. VT is my favourite role because I don't ever have to stress about my posting.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Votecount for Day 14

Spoonsy (1): Maugrim

Not Voting (4): AFancyQuestionMark, Dexanth, Pussy Quipped, Spoonsy

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 14 hours.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Don't know if I'll have time later or not, so I'll just vote my top scum pick for now

##vote spoonsy

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Well that’s -1 on ol Spoonsy.

I guess I’ll ##vote AFQM just to be on the record should someone come and hammer me.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Why waste time, let’s win this game

##vote spoonsy

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Here's a thought - why did scum kill MSRR? If they believed he was going to aim at not-them then it would make sense to leave him alive, as he would be a convenient scapegoat given Dex and MSRR's attitudes yesterday, and would not have a kill the following night even if he survived the vote.

The only situation in which it makes sense to kill him would be if they believed he was going to shoot them and were taking the long-shot that their kill might trigger before his. And, oh look:

My Second Re-Reg posted:

If I was to vote for someone who wasn't me, it would probably be Spoonsy.

However, I do notice that in the post before the one I just quoted, he was casing AFQM. If you figured he was bluffing about aiming for Spoonsy, you would probably assume he was actually going to gun for AFQM.

Hmm. If Spoonsy doesn't flip scum I may have to reassess my second choice.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Well then

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Final Votecount for Day 14 :redhammer:

Spoonsy (3): Maugrim, AFancyQuestionMark, Pussy Quipped
AFancyQuestionMark (1): Spoonsy

Not Voting (1): Dexanth

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
One of my professors in college had a periodic table of elements with pictures of desserts that go along with them. I only remember two of them now. The first was that hamantaschen was for hydrogen. The other was that peanut butter cookies were for lead because of the “Pb” chemical symbol. Pb coming from plumbum, the latin name for lead.

Spoonsy, Lead, VANILLA TOWN (Periodic table aligned) was voted out day 14

It is now Night 14. Please get in your night actions.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
No one died last night. It is Day 15. With 4 alive, it takes 3 to vote someone out.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 15

Not Voting (4): AFancyQuestionMark, Dexanth, Maugrim, Pussy Quipped

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
##vote PussyQuipped

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Sorry for being wrong yesterday. Contrary to what I said then I'm not gonna rush into voting this one.

I got flavour last night that my room had been trashed, like I'd been attacked. I'm assuming AFQM did indeed doctor me the previous night and scum attacked me this night.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi got the notification day had started but I’m at work and won’t be able to really post until later tonight!

I have much to ponder

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Maugrim posted:

Sorry for being wrong yesterday. Contrary to what I said then I'm not gonna rush into voting this one.

I got flavour last night that my room had been trashed, like I'd been attacked. I'm assuming AFQM did indeed doctor me the previous night and scum attacked me this night.

AFQM can you confirm this?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Short deadline today, I guess the spectators are getting fed up :v:

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

I mean at this point I want AFQM to confirm they protected you, which clears you as town in my eyes from the one situation you wouldn't be town (Godfather)

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Then there's just reading PQ and deciding if PQ is scum or AFQM is doing a fancy gambit

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Maugrim posted:

Here's a thought - why did scum kill MSRR? If they believed he was going to aim at not-them then it would make sense to leave him alive, as he would be a convenient scapegoat given Dex and MSRR's attitudes yesterday, and would not have a kill the following night even if he survived the vote.

Yea at this point its p clear that scumm thought MSRR was likely to possibly shoot them

But I think thats more neutral given whose alive now

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Dexanth posted:

AFQM can you confirm this?

Yes

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

alright so its either AFQM scum gambit now or PQ

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Let's all fullclaim. I am a delayed doctor who protects people for the next night. I protected Iggy N0 (N1) and xxyzx for the rest of the game until they got day killed. From then on, I protected yuming and then maugrim

I consistently voted scum all game

##Vote AFQM

If you protected Yuming then why did she die

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

zzyzx dies Day 10. Yuming dies Night 12. A delayed doctor should have had Yuming shielded here if AFQM is telling the truth

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Maug since you are confirmed town in my eyes I'd like you to hold off voting here for now.

But the phrasing is scummy. Note 'zzyzx until dead' and then 'yuming and then maugrim' implying the protection swaps after yuming dies

Also given that Maugrim is noted as the open protection target why did Scum target them instead of me or AFQM if AFQM is telling the truth

Like okay maybe they failed the WIFOM test here and targeted maugrim anyhow.

Or you know, scum gambit. Which even works with night actions here because AFQM could have protected Maugrim Night 13, then targeted N14 so we don't have 'scum did two night actions' to deal with.

Its MYLO after all. This would be a great way to get us to miss and hit PQ and then boom, scum wins at night

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I want to hear PQ's thoughts on the situation. He said he had a lot to think about and I'm curious what that is.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Dexanth posted:

zzyzx dies Day 10. Yuming dies Night 12. A delayed doctor should have had Yuming shielded here if AFQM is telling the truth

I protected yuming the night she died :negative:

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I protected yuming the night she died :negative:

are you saying that the kill went through despite protection or are you saying that you waited too long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Dexanth posted:

are you saying that the kill went through despite protection or are you saying that you waited too long

About to drive home from work but I just wanted to say this post alone is making me want to vote Dex. Scum Dex misunderstood AFQs power and tried to kill maugrim last night not realizing he had already been set to be protected