Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

E: nvm can't read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Robot Style posted:

I get needing to give him a decently sized torso, but the new Cosmos looks way too tall in vehicle mode. If there was a way to push some of that bulk down into the saucer it would look great, but as it is, it feels more like something you'd see in the background of a Jawa swap meet.

I think being tall is the point. They already did flat cosmos the best they can.

What's the deal with the flag? Is it gonna combine into something else, or is there some weird animation frame it's a reference to?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

This makes me think we’ll see a more G1 accurate colour scheme at some point. Brighter green and yellows, perhaps.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Definitely down for that Cosmos and Scourge.

Was just thinking about Cosmos last night, so, thanks to Hasbro for saving me the trouble of hunting down an older version.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cosmos is literally just a chicken incubator lamp isn't he? Aren't those pretty tall

Surgical lamp, do excuse me.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
He's got a flag that is also a gun. My kids (and I) will love him. Whole lot of roleplay you can do with a flaaaaaaaaaag. He doesn't seem to be on Pulse yet for UK, most of the Velocitron stuff isn't. I live in hope.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Arquinsiel posted:

Do you mean Universe or Thrilling 30?

Because if it's the second then there's one way to improve on it and it's incredibly minor so barely worth mentioning.

Thrilling 30 I think? oh god I'm so old

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Anyone know why the outsides of ER prime's feet are designed to peg together? You can't actually do it, his legs don't move that way when you flip them around at the thighs, but there's a little tab and port on the outside of the middle of each foot that clearly line up with each other. Is it a holdover from Siege or something?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I live right around the corner from reprolabels, maybe I'll go over there and ask them to make some pride flag replacement stickers

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think being tall is the point. They already did flat cosmos the best they can.

What's the deal with the flag? Is it gonna combine into something else, or is there some weird animation frame it's a reference to?

Neither. He goes along with the Velocitron robots so he’s their Lakitu

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Tighclops posted:

Thrilling 30 I think? oh god I'm so old
So is my poor battered Cosmos :negative:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dabir posted:

Anyone know why the outsides of ER prime's feet are designed to peg together? You can't actually do it, his legs don't move that way when you flip them around at the thighs, but there's a little tab and port on the outside of the middle of each foot that clearly line up with each other. Is it a holdover from Siege or something?

It's a holdover from Siege. On Siege, you rotate each shin 180 degrees and flip the wheels, but keep the waist in its original position, which means tabbing the feet into each other. On Earthrise the wheels stay put and you rotate the waist, as you know.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh I see. Siege OP seemed to be a bit too complicated for its own good, from what I've seen of it.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Dabir posted:

Do you have some idea what the reason is?

At the very least they harbor someone who has admitted to doing the thing there's nasty rumors about.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Dabir posted:

Oh I see. Siege OP seemed to be a bit too complicated for its own good, from what I've seen of it.

Siege OP has a lot of advantages over Earthrise in my opinion. The proportions are much more naturalistic and there's a better balance of conversion density throughout the toy instead of "close up the toes, articulate the hips, flip out gas cans, then turn the torso inside-out" on Earthrise.

If ER Prime had extending biceps and did more with the shins I'd like him a lot more. Imagining now a Commander Class Optimus that had Kingdom Rodimus-level production value.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

At the very least they harbor someone who has admitted to doing the thing there's nasty rumors about.

You're going to have to be a little less wink wink nudge nudge. What rumours?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

flavor.flv posted:

I live right around the corner from reprolabels, maybe I'll go over there and ask them to make some pride flag replacement stickers

:gifttank::hmmyes:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Dabir posted:

I'm pretty well-embedded in the wiki and have no idea what this guy is talking about.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Dabir posted:

What would you do for a G1 Overlord MISB?

point is any high profile fan site ran by semi-professional fans is going to have haters and trolls

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arquinsiel posted:

So is my poor battered Cosmos :negative:

I adore the Spaceman Spiff Cosmos and I still kick myself a little for not getting the Titans reissue with the red plastic head. I bought a few of the Iron Factory minibots recently and he fits in not too badly with them, what with his non-tubby proportions.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
That is, indeed, the one fix the Thrilling 30 version needed. Sadly the Titans Return one didn't come with Payload, who is also great. I got him for a friend of mine who is super into conspiracy theories about aliens and she loves him :3:

War and Pieces posted:

War and Pieces posted:

What would you do for a G1 Overlord MISB?

point is any high profile fan site ran by semi-professional fans is going to have haters and trolls
These posts are not semantically equivalent. Just make your accusation already.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Robot Style posted:

I get needing to give him a decently sized torso, but the new Cosmos looks way too tall in vehicle mode. If there was a way to push some of that bulk down into the saucer it would look great, but as it is, it feels more like something you'd see in the background of a Jawa swap meet.

He could stand to lose half a centimeter or so, but it's still pretty accurate to how he was usually drawn in saucer mode.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
He's still friend shaped and that's all that matters

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK
Excellent colours on this. Didn't expect G1 Devy reissue to pop up in collab series but it does look good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I am not sure if that's the version I want to have, but it's definitely put the notion of getting a full G1 Devastator back into my head.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I was MEH on the Devastator until I realized it was TONKA branded. Want that.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Zephirus posted:

Excellent colours on this. Didn't expect G1 Devy reissue to pop up in collab series but it does look good

Looks like he has lipstick on

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Those are his teeth. He ain't got no time to brush when there's sand to move around.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
That isn’t what I expected Codename Yellow to be but that’s kind of cool

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

It couldn’t resist it and ordered it. Devastator is one of my favs. To have a yellow Autobot version named Tonkanator is even better. Anyone see pics of the packaging? I wonder if it’s like the g1 retro packaging like the Walmart Devastator a couple years back.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Tonkanator looks cool, totally getting it.

Those Street Fighter 2 collabs, though... They're mostly Titans Returns figures I wasn't too keen on the first time. Does anyone who have them like them as well?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The SF ones shelf warmed at Forbidden Planet for months after release. They might still even be there.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of Devastator, does anyone have thoughts about either of these?

Chingbor Deformation GT Engineering Devastator Combiner 6 in 1 Alloy Metal Toys Action Figure Car Truck Model Gift for Kids Boys 11ln https://a.co/d/3b5jrSi

NBK Deformation Oversize Toys Robot Devastator Engineering Combiner 6 in 1 Action Figure Car Truck Model Gift for Kids Boys (Green) https://a.co/d/ien4WSv

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I know you’ll get them both cheaper on AliExpress. That first one sells for about £8 on there.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 24, 2022

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I was actually more interested in the second one to be honest. Is AliExpress even trustworthy?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I was actually more interested in the second one to be honest. Is AliExpress even trustworthy?

Incredibly trustworthy, yes.

Try this one? Just make sure to select the right one you want.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xenomrph posted:

I got a TMNT Movie NECA set from there just recently and they're fantastic

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just ordered this:

US $44.85 54% Off | 3 styles IN-STOCK 6in 1 NBK 1-6 Hook Transformation Robot Ko Version Gt Scraper Of Devastator Action Figure Toys Outdoor
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKsYxOi

We’ll see how it is!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if it's the same one I have, manufacturer-wise, then it'll feel SLIGHTLY shoddy but well worth the like 90% off the real version's price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Zephirus posted:

I hope it doesn't have the $100 price tag the re-issue had. I like G1 Devi, but a reissue should be like $50 at most.

Also, is Legacy Blitzwing shorter then TR Blitzwing?

Anora fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 25, 2022