Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Keldroc posted:

Holy poo poo.

I don't buy many MPs, but Beast Wars Megatron is my weak spot....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

HOLY HELL

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Reminds me a lot of Planet X Cacus.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Something about him is freaking me out a bit lol. I think it's the fact that's how I remember the old toy from when I played with him as a kid in my head, but when I look at pictures of it it doesn't look nearly as good as the MP.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I don't want to afford an MP megs but goddang that looks good.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Articulation aside it looks pretty much exactly like the old toy. They really nailed that look the first time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Keldroc posted:

Doesn't seem to be announced yet but if those are leaking now I'd expect more info soon. Seems to be official Takara.

And I'm saying at least $300.
holy gently caress official?

I have only bought 4 official masterpiece transformers: G1 Megatron(the good one), Bumblebee, Shockwave, and Beast Wars Megatron, which I wound up having to sell.

but Transmetal 1 Megatron is the literal #1 most-wanted masterpiece transformer I have wanted, and that's definitely going to be one I buy at any price

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

That TM Megs is a 3rd party release from Transart - they've already made a handful of Transmetal figures in the MP scale. It's up now at ShowZStore (which I discovered thanks to this thread) for a surprisingly reasonable $130.

And yes, I need it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Optimist Prime posted:

That TM Megs is a 3rd party release from Transart - they've already made a handful of Transmetal figures in the MP scale. It's up now at ShowZStore (which I discovered thanks to this thread) for a surprisingly reasonable $130.

And yes, I need it.

Ordered. I've bought from ShowZ before, they're legit.

Speaking of 3rd party, I ordered the Jazz "Jive" from FansToys a while back, has anyone heard when this is going to come out? It has passed its intial release window I believe.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Optimist Prime posted:

And yes, I need it.

That's what I get for listening to TFW people.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Even at that price I really, really don't have the money or space for a ten inch robot dinosaur. But I really, really, really wish I did.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
A grumpy robot man has arrived.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Apparently he fits Starscream’s purple chair very well if you have that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Joe Fisto posted:

Ordered. I've bought from ShowZ before, they're legit.

Speaking of 3rd party, I ordered the Jazz "Jive" from FansToys a while back, has anyone heard when this is going to come out? It has passed its intial release window I believe.

Me too, BBTS says 4th quarter. Has anyone gotten a copy of it for review or anything? It looks amazing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Oooh. I’m waiting for clearance on that one. I already have the original release of the mold. They have to clearance it sometime!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Me too, BBTS says 4th quarter. Has anyone gotten a copy of it for review or anything? It looks amazing.

None of the youtube reviewers seem to have.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
That jhaxius looks so good, but I have no G2 toys to go with him uggg

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You should get G2 Ramjet.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got that KO Devastator from Aliexpress and it came loose in a (crushed) box with all the bots and parts just bouncing around, and the arm on not-Mixmaster was sheared off and can't be fixed. Needless to say I'm not thrilled.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
That's a colorful beast
G2 Ramjet that is

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

A grumpy robot man has arrived.

It doesn't seem like such a clash of colors when in person it appears.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The more I look at this KO Devastator the less satisfied I am with it, the pictures were in no way representative of the actual robot. It doesn’t help that I had a poo poo day but I’m feeling some hefty buyer’s remorse here.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Xenomrph posted:

I got that KO Devastator from Aliexpress and it came loose in a (crushed) box with all the bots and parts just bouncing around, and the arm on not-Mixmaster was sheared off and can't be fixed. Needless to say I'm not thrilled.
Try contact them and see what happens?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arquinsiel posted:

Try contact them and see what happens?

Yeah I reached out to the seller about it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
post pics of the devastated devastator

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Keldroc posted:

Holy poo poo.

The Beast Wars theme just started looping in my brain when I saw this, goddamn he's perfect

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I have only bought 4 official masterpiece transformers: G1 Megatron(the good one), Bumblebee, Shockwave, and Beast Wars Megatron, which I wound up having to sell.

Im jealous. I have the bad MP megs and I transformed him into gun mode and said “this is how he lives now, as a comedically large pistol.”

I do have a sound wave which goes into my pile oh’ soundwaves.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://twitter.com/ChromeTyranno/status/1544441188719140865?s=20&t=OMeR9jBXRHbZWWJGF9t4ow

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That’s cool as gently caress.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

As a big JP toy nerd, that’s amazing.

Also Aliexpress got back to me on my damaged Devastator: $10 partial refund (on a $50 total order). I can accept it or I can push back I guess. Thoughts?

I’m an ideal world I’d want a replacement for the damaged bot (or hell, even just the damaged arm, it’s a friction peg, I can pop it in myself) but I don’t know if that’s possible.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 8, 2022

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Xenomrph posted:

As a big JP toy nerd, that’s amazing.

Also Aliexpress got back to me on my damaged Devastator: $10 partial refund (on a $50 total order). I can accept it or I can push back I guess. Thoughts?

I’m an ideal world I’d want a replacement for the damaged bot (or hell, even just the damaged arm, it’s a friction peg, I can pop it in myself) but I don’t know if that’s possible.

ive never not gotten a full refund from ali with even the slightest pushback on my part, definitely worth pursuing.

got jhiaxus yesterday!! i have next to no familiarity with the character but its an incredibly imposing & expressive figure, capable of a lot of subtle emotion through articulation. also probably the least gappy transformer i own. good toy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Im jealous. I have the bad MP megs and I transformed him into gun mode and said “this is how he lives now, as a comedically large pistol.”

I do have a sound wave which goes into my pile oh’ soundwaves.

What makes it bad, out of curiosity?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

While undoubtedly an improvement over the G1 (no trigger crotch, yay) and still probably the best pistol Megs to that point, the v1.0 still had some janky poo poo going on, particularly below the waist. When you compare the legs on it to the 2.0 of a few years back, it's night and day. Plus the feet were super prone to rust I think?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Compare!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

MFT's Flame Commander is back up at ShowZ: https://showzstore.com/pre-order-mechfanstoys-ms-19-flame-commander-rodimus-prime_p1260.html

I can't remember if I've gone on about this toy in this'ere thread before, but it is brilliant. It can transform into either Hot Rod or Rodimus' vehicle modes, the trailer has the battle platform, there's the saw accessory, a matrix, Firebolt, and leg covers so you can either have the black lower legs of the animation model or the red chevrons of the original G1 toy. The transformation's just complex enough without being too much so, and at the standard oversized-legends scale it's not too big at all.

I know Commander Rodimus was a fairly recent release, as was SS Hot Rod, but I still love this wee fella.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://twitter.com/ARCTIC_ST0RM/status/1545398109429063682?s=20&t=VE9g_DR0_04oEYjnEVqjBw

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Blimey :stare:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

People are saying it's to scale with GI Joe figures. I say it's to scale with TF Animated.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I just watched a review of Hissatron and he’s kinda crap. I’m disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
The most terrorizing Nemesis Prime has been added to my collection:

Just look at this angry little goblin:

Note these are just the Nemesii I had within arms reach. The rest of the family is sadly not pictured.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 8, 2022