Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is there a backwards dying industry the GOP wont latch itself to?

I'm honestly stumped.

Limbaugh today was the first RWM dude I heard reporting on Assange's threatened leak. Naturally, he stuck entirely what was already "known" and in no way used this as a way to suggest speculation damaging to Hillary as in any way factual.

I didn't listen long but I heard enough for him to say "If this were ANY other REPUBLICAN secretary of State, they'd have been in jail. The Democrats would have seen to it. If this had been Colin Powell or Condi Rice, teh democrat party wouldn't have stopped until they were locked up". And so on.

Because lord knows there's a long list of Secretaries of State going to jail, Republican and Democrat. I remember all those people who committed war crimes and lied to us to get us into war with Iraq when I stayed home from work to watch their trials on CSPAN.

These people don't even realize how much democrats caved and gave Bush a blank check after 9/11. I can't recall anything W wanted aside from SS reform that they didn't rubber stamp. But, sure, the Democrat party would have certainly thrown Condi and Powell in prison because that's what they do.

Also, LOL at the GOP re-embracing Powell when 7 years ago they wanted nothing to with him after he said he was voting for Obama over McCain. I remember Rush verbatim saying "It's about RACE" when it came to the simple matter of Powell having an opinion of his own and tossing Powell aside with an "of COURSE he'll vote for the black guy" wave of his fat, stubby hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Vintersorg posted:

Just saw this on Facebook and it's scarily accruate.

:laffo:. I can already hear the nasally taunts and gulping "Milady" 's.

I'm not scared of the alt right anymore.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm honestly stumped.

Limbaugh today was the first RWM dude I heard reporting on Assange's threatened leak. Naturally, he stuck entirely what was already "known" and in no way used this as a way to suggest speculation damaging to Hillary as in any way factual.

I didn't listen long but I heard enough for him to say "If this were ANY other REPUBLICAN secretary of State, they'd have been in jail. The Democrats would have seen to it. If this had been Colin Powell or Condi Rice, teh democrat party wouldn't have stopped until they were locked up". And so on.

Because lord knows there's a long list of Secretaries of State going to jail, Republican and Democrat. I remember all those people who committed war crimes and lied to us to get us into war with Iraq when I stayed home from work to watch their trials on CSPAN.

These people don't even realize how much democrats caved and gave Bush a blank check after 9/11. I can't recall anything W wanted aside from SS reform that they didn't rubber stamp. But, sure, the Democrat party would have certainly thrown Condi and Powell in prison because that's what they do.

Also, LOL at the GOP re-embracing Powell when 7 years ago they wanted nothing to with him after he said he was voting for Obama over McCain. I remember Rush verbatim saying "It's about RACE" when it came to the simple matter of Powell having an opinion of his own and tossing Powell aside with an "of COURSE he'll vote for the black guy" wave of his fat, stubby hand.

Oh, they know how much the Dems caved. They're just pissy that the Dems aren't caving on everything forever to let them run the show with no opposition.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

This is it. I thought I was immune but this is the one that finally broke my brain.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Flaggy posted:

Ann Coulter's new book is titled "In Trump We Trust" and he flip flopped on immigration on the first day of her book tour.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ann-coulter-book-launch_us_57be9461e4b02673444e79f4?section=&

:lol: Wow

quote:

“There’s nothing Trump can do that won’t be forgiven,” she wrote in her book. “Except change his immigration policies.”

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Someone pointed this out in another thread: one of the best parts of Hillary's speech today is that while Trump is trying to run away from it, basically everyone else named in the speech is going to wear it as a badge of honor and proudly go on any news show that will have them to further espouse their lovely-rear end ideology. :allears:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Deified Data posted:

This is it. I thought I was immune but this is the one that finally broke my brain.

Are we sure this isn't Poe's law again?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Keeshhound posted:

Are we sure this isn't Poe's law again?

Don't make me hunt down the video "We didn't start the movment" an edited version of we didn't start the fire and which is hopefully the first and last time I hear a living person sing tthe phrase "uncucked"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The alt right being called out for being the joke that it is, is incredible.

I'm really hoping more of these idiots get dressed down, and trashed. I think the key is refusing to acknowledge these people by name, and just stating their actions.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Barudak posted:

Don't make me hunt down the video "We didn't start the movment" an edited version of we didn't start the fire and which is hopefully the first and last time I hear a living person sing tthe phrase "uncucked"

It's already been DMCA'd. Fortunately, this one is still up:

Mary Poppins: Existence of Our People and a Future for White Children

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ZDar Fan posted:

I feel like I need a shower.

I see lion king videos on the side...and well....gently caress that poo poo. :smith:.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Trump causing Ann Coulter pain is yet more proof that he has been a gift to mankind this election cycle.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

ZDar Fan posted:

I needed a good laugh just then.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ZDar Fan posted:

Wait, is this a parody or is this genuine? I can't tell with these alt-right fuckers.

Edit: Oh, gross, I was logged in. Now I'm going to get that poop all over my recommendations. Just like how YouTube's been telling me to watch Thunderf00t and the Amazing Atheist because I watched a FemFreq response video response video.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I still can't believe "cuck" escaped stupid internet jokes and became part of stupid internet political discussions.

e: wordfilter my friend :allears:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RIP Betteridge's law of headlines

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Leofish posted:

Wait, is this a parody or is this genuine? I can't tell with these alt-right fuckers.

Assume it's real because Stormfront, the KKK, and Aryan Nation have already stated that their plan on recruiting a new generation of white nationalists is posting on 4chan, reddit, etc and recruiting these edgelord meme-idons (myrmidons?...I tried) and convincing them that their jokes are actually sincerely held beliefs. It's how they can simultaneously recruit with nearly 0 overhead and physical presence, advancing their racist beliefs as worthy of academic rigor and at the same time cower behind the 1st amendment and say it's for the lulz.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Leofish posted:

Edit: Oh, gross, I was logged in. Now I'm going to get that poop all over my recommendations. Just like how YouTube's been telling me to watch Thunderf00t and the Amazing Atheist because I watched a FemFreq response video response video.

You can delete stuff from your youtube history and that usually fixes it.

For everything else you might need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN0REjUCGlE

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

RIP Betteridge's law of headlines

Nah, it's still good. There definitely aren't 31 million racist readers.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

McGlockenshire posted:

You can delete stuff from your youtube history and that usually fixes it.

For everything else you might need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN0REjUCGlE

Yeah, I just deleted it. Still. Gross.

Also, I like hbomberguy. :)

Rick_Hunter posted:

Assume it's real because Stormfront, the KKK, and Aryan Nation have already stated that their plan on recruiting a new generation of white nationalists is posting on 4chan, reddit, etc and recruiting these edgelord meme-idons (myrmidons?...I tried) and convincing them that their jokes are actually sincerely held beliefs. It's how they can simultaneously recruit with nearly 0 overhead and physical presence, advancing their racist beliefs as worthy of academic rigor and at the same time cower behind the 1st amendment and say it's for the lulz.

So kinda like... ISIS?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Leofish posted:

Yeah, I just deleted it. Still. Gross.

Also, I like hbomberguy. :)

So kinda like... ISIS?

Yes, but without quite enough zealotry or organization to convince them to blow themselves up for the cause. At least, not yet, but another eight years with a Democrat as president after seeing their lord and savior Trump fall might given them time to whip themselves into that big of a frenzy.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Vintersorg posted:

Literally every single one of these people who identify with anything on the right/alt-right echo this bullshit.

Even if this is a joke, it's hilarious how they both identify with the amoral arsonist that kills people with bombs in a mask for gay people and with the fascist white supremacist government that said terrorist is fighting against.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/in-trump-we-trust-author-ann-coulter-cries-angry-tears-after-trump-breaks-her-trust-on-immigration/

AHAHAHAAHAHA

Anybody got that image of drinking republican tears who can shop it into drinking Coulter's?

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

Vintersorg posted:

Literally every single one of these people who identify with anything on the right/alt-right echo this bullshit.

Seeing this, actually hearing them say 'cucks' on a Fox News broadcast yesterday, and the general saturation of the term 'alt-right' throughout the media today, put my brain in a weird place.

Also, Lou Reed sings weird, so this surely doesn't totally match

Donny said, when he was gettin' too old
He was gonna be buildin' a wall
Every time he talked to the media
There was nothin' dog-whistled at all, not at all
Then when web searchin' for illegal immigration
You know, he couldn't believe what he found at all
He started thinkin' bout those fourteen words
You know, his life was saved by ol' Milo

Despite all the implications
You know, you could just mumble
'One country, one leader, one nation'
And it was alt-right, hey big hands,
You know, it was alt-right

Donny said, when Jeb! was being an old c.uckhold
`You know, PC culture's gonna be the death of us all
Trigger warnings and campus safe spaces
Well, you know, ain't gonna help me at all

Then, one fine morning, he checks out a Breitbart headline
He doesn't believe what he reads at all
Ooh, he started re-tweetin' some crime statistics
Yeah, ol' Milo

Despite all the protestations
You could just secure your future white nation
And big hands, it was alt-right, yeah
Hey, it was alt-right
Hey, here he comes now

Donny said, when seeing what Nate Silver's site told
'Hey, you know, these polls don't mean nothin' at all, not at all
Every time I look at the ratios
I know there's Second Amendment people I can call
And, one fine morning, he hears a British moron
He couldn't believe what he heard at all - cuc.k? Nah, gay's all
He started yellin' 'bout that Black Lives Matter
Yes, ol' Milo

Despite all the polling stations
You know, you could just whine that she stole our white nation

Alt-right
Alt-right, alt-right, and it was alt-right
Oh, listen to me now, it was alt-right
Come on now, believe me, it was alt-right
it was alt-right
hey, it's alt-right now

Stato-Masochist fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 26, 2016

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I actually think this would be a fun sort of thought experiment, or, even better, a surprise debate question. How many racists are there in the United States? A ballpark figure is fine. Just give a number.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

I actually think this would be a fun sort of thought experiment, or, even better, a surprise debate question. How many racists are there in the United States? A ballpark figure is fine. Just give a number.

Let me go boot up ComScore and pull the total U.S. unique visitors to Breitbart, Drudge, and Fox News and I feel like we'll have the right answer.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

This is great.

I hope the Trump campaign picks Breitbart and their weird Jew-hunting headlines as the hill to die on.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is there a backwards dying industry the GOP wont latch itself to?

Does American car manufacturing (circa 2007) count? :haw:

Pretty sure they were more than content with GM and Chrysler dying off.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Trump torpedoing Coulter's book reminded me of Corsi's book, Where's The Birth Certificate?: The Case That Barack Obama Is Not Eligible To Be President. Except, this time, the call is coming from inside the house!

I wondered how his book did, what with Obama releasing the long-form certificate a month before the book was published.

I was checking to see how the book sold (not so bad I guess) but I did enjoy this lawsuit:

quote:

Because Obama released his long-form birth certificate prior to the publication of Where's the Birth Certificate?, shortly after the book's release, a blogger for Esquire wrote a satirical article stating that the book had been recalled. On June 29, 2011, Corsi and WND Books filed a lawsuit against Esquire for damages of over $285 million. In June 2012, the lawsuit was tossed out in U.S. District Court, in a decision stating that satire is protected by the First Amendment and noting "Having become such well-known proponents of one position on the issue, plaintiffs cannot complain that the very intensity of their advocacy also became part of the public debate. Those who speak with loud voices cannot be surprised if they become part of the story."The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit affirmed the dismissal.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Speaking of Coulter getting screwed, check out this comedy twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/768836513463271424

Also you should probably follow that account - they've been masterfully tweeting comedy stories of Trump campaign 'characters' for a while, often in real time reactions to breaking news.

Meanwhile in the real world:

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/768996310187962369

https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/768998994626293760

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I know a lot of people are going to be dancing a jig when Trump inevitably goes full Mondale/Goldwater during this election.

Honestly? I still feel he indirectly did a lot of good by leaving the entire GOP to be a desolate wasteland. I mean we're about to see the Alt. Right get nuked next as a result. Not to mention Ted Cruz's downfall.

Thanks Donald.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
It's not as hunky dory when you consider he's been a boon for hate group recruitment and caused a rather terrifying rise in hate crime.

Domestic terrorism is going to be a pretty nasty problem throughout the Clinton presidency thanks to his stupid rear end..

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Spacedad posted:

It's not as hunky dory when you consider he's been a boon for hate group recruitment and caused a rather terrifying rise in hate crime.

Domestic terrorism is going to be a pretty nasty problem throughout the Clinton presidency thanks to his stupid rear end..

Well same thing happened during the Clinton presidency so it's not just Trump. And uh, kinda Obama's. Heck after Hilary leaves office and as long as the next dem president after her is white we'll get to find out if this is just going to be a thing to expect whenever a democrat is in the White House :smith:.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Geostomp posted:

Yes, but without quite enough zealotry or organization to convince them to blow themselves up for the cause. At least, not yet, but another eight years with a Democrat as president after seeing their lord and savior Trump fall might given them time to whip themselves into that big of a frenzy.

I'm imagining some fat white guy with an anime t-shirt walking into the middle of a crowd and yelling "FOR THE LULZ" before blowing himself up.

Crabtree posted:

Even if this is a joke, it's hilarious how they both identify with the amoral arsonist that kills people with bombs in a mask for gay people and with the fascist white supremacist government that said terrorist is fighting against.

Um, it's obviously making fun of alt-right people. It's not even imitating them, it's just saying "alt-right people believe all this dumb poo poo!"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ytlaya posted:

Um, it's obviously making fun of alt-right people. It's not even imitating them, it's just saying "alt-right people believe all this dumb poo poo!"

Yeah, I'm not making fun of the image, but the actual people that legit have these convoluted thoughts. Because they're impotent comic book nerds that want to be fascist heroes.

Also any potential domestic terrorism is far more likely to go Malhuer again than Wako. Because Trumpeters and Alt Rights are chickenshits that are scared as gently caress of physical confrontations where they are the minority. Maybe if we get a less red congress, we can actually take serious action against them. But if they pull anything bigger than a shooting, I get the feeling that Hillary will go after them with a more bitter fury than Obama. She doesn't strike me as the kind that will let poo poo stir anymore if it bubbles out like that.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I tried listening to some alt right shitbags to kinda reinforce why I think these shitbags are horrible people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDhY7TilfTg

NSFW, but yeah. I'd recommend not listening to this actually, I listened to this once, and it felt like I was listening to the modern version of Mein Kampf.

Um...I think I'm willing to excuse a lot of people for being homophobic, transphobic, Misogynist, Racist or what have you. Look, if you flat out don't interact with those people, or were raised in a household where certain things are reinforced via ignorace? I get it.

Is it wrong? yeah. That's not a question. But I'm not fully expecting someone who grew up in a different time, and doesn't have a formal education to be progressive on such things. Especially if they say, live in a very rural part of the country and don't interact with very many people that are not in their subset. Should they follow the loving law? Yep. Discrimination is horse poo poo.

The problem with the alt. right and their supporters is that unlike the people I just talked about above? their excuses aren't valid. They're likely Millennials or Gen X'ers. They're likely college educated in some respects, and have likely been outside of some farm is Mississippi. So you get guys like Gavin, Milo, Crowder, Shapiro and others the ability to travel across the country espousing distorted views to make angry white nerds that can't get laid feel good about themselves.

Then we see these people throw fits, demanded to be treated as academic equals, and given actual time to discuss their views on various mediums. A dumb movie, but Lewis Black nails it in the quote why giving the Alt. Right the time of day is dangerous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRNnETOc3jg

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seems like they are rallying around "the Democrats just fall on back on the race card when they have nothing else" line in response to Hillary's speech. I'd like to think that Breitbart's actual headlines that anyone can just look at would defeat that lame argument but that would require TV news to give a poo poo.

The ones that are really pissing me off are the guys that are so offended by the accusation of racism and then in literally the next sentence start in on some racist or misogynistic diatribe. It's like they can't help themselves and have gotten super complacent because they've had so many temper tantrums it's not PC to call racists out.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Radish posted:

Seems like they are rallying around "the Democrats just fall on back on the race card when they have nothing else" line in response to Hillary's speech. I'd like to think that Breitbart's actual headlines that anyone can just look at would defeat that lame argument but that would require TV news to give a poo poo.

The ones that are really pissing me off are the guys that are so offended by the accusation of racism and then in literally the next sentence start in on some racist or misogynistic diatribe. It's like they can't help themselves and have gotten super complacent because they've had so many temper tantrums it's not PC to call racists out.

They have spent so much time in their echo chambers where their open bigotry is treated as unquestioned fact that is non-racist that they cannot imagine it not being accepted as enlightened truth by everyone else. "Racist" is their equivalent of the n-word rather than any description of behavior or beliefs in their minds.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Geostomp posted:

They have spent so much time in their echo chambers where their open bigotry is treated as unquestioned fact that is non-racist that they cannot imagine it not being accepted as enlightened truth by everyone else. "Racist" is their equivalent of the n-word rather than any description of behavior or beliefs in their minds.

Yeah. They believe they are right so when they say something horrible it's not bigoted since it's true, but then they don't have the courage to actually stand by their beliefs when called out. That's when you get the tears about how mean everyone is for calling them racist and "what evidence do you have?" Then pointing at their actual words and they shrug it off. I'm glad Hillary called them out since ignoring them isn't going to make it go away, especially when they are only gaining in influence with Trump making one of their leaders in charge of his campaign, and more people need to realize that these guys exist before they poison the discourse completely.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I will say before this week I had no idea how open these alt-right morons were with their white nationalism.