Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

in before we get the old comic posted as a joke to make people think there is a new strip up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
NEW STRIP

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
Thats not even funny.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

It's also from 2 weeks ago.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

terminal mehmet posted:

It's also from 2 weeks ago.

:golfclap:

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
Thats kind of what I meant by it not being funny.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
His last five strips have been the least funny and least engaging stretch the comic's ever endured, in my opinion. If something's wrong and not allowing him to focus fully on the comic, then at least he's stopped pushing out awful strips in the meantime. You can't tell me with a straight face that strip #686 isn't the worst he's ever done. :colbert:

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

This thread is now worse then The Office thread.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
God I hate you guys so much.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

HKR posted:

This thread is now worse then The Office thread.

first someone has to point out that it's worse than The Office thread. Then it will be worse

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

Guys now that this thread is worse, we can discuss The Office.

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.
:siren:NEW STRIP!:siren:

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.
Also, for anyone complaining about the strips update schedule, just be thankful you're not fans of Wigu. You know how many strips I've gotten in the past three months? Four.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

THE PLOT IS NOT ADVANCING FAST ENOUGH WE SHOULD BE HALF WAY DONE WITH THIS CHAPTER NOW DESPITE PRECEDENCE OF 400 STRIP CHAPTERS RAAAAGH!SDFSDF:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

HKR posted:

THE PLOT IS NOT ADVANCING FAST ENOUGH WE SHOULD BE HALF WAY DONE WITH THIS CHAPTER NOW DESPITE PRECEDENCE OF 400 STRIP CHAPTERS RAAAAGH!SDFSDF:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

I don't understand those posts either. I like the strip just fine, and if I hadn't read the posts complaining about the strip being horrible and the plot being too slow I might have assumed they didn't exist.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
To be fair, the really lovely bit seems to be over, the strip before this was actually okay and this one was even better. Here's hoping!

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I think the "speed of plot" complaints were more about the quality of the slaver encounter. Annoying filler, nothing more. And it's made worse by the slow rate of comics lately (which isn't really as bad compared to other authors, but I still remember when he was able to put out 3 a week pretty consistanly). Other than the slavers, everything else though as been on target.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Mylan posted:

I think the "speed of plot" complaints were more about the quality of the slaver encounter. Annoying filler, nothing more. And it's made worse by the slow rate of comics lately (which isn't really as bad compared to other authors, but I still remember when he was able to put out 3 a week pretty consistanly). Other than the slavers, everything else though as been on target.

Yes because raw, annoying filler has never been used later as a central plot point in this comic before ever.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I find myself mildly amused by a joke that has been used a dozen times before.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
A second comic, within the space of a day? What is going on here? :derp:

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

LightWarden posted:

A second comic, within the space of a day? What is going on here? :derp:

I feel like this would be a lot less annoying if he just set up a buffer and throttled things appropriately.

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

I for one appreciate the return of the bag with random animals in it.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Nosy_G posted:

I for one appreciate the return of the bag with random animals in it.

I thought that thing was out of charges.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

sfwarlock posted:

I thought that thing was out of charges.

Nah, it's an X number of uses per day kinda deal.

I liked how after Elan's retard battle with the cactus, you can see he's got some needles stuck in him.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Mylan posted:

I liked how after Elan's retard battle with the cactus, you can see he's got some needles stuck in him.

The fight was to get Haley a cactus flower. That's a noble enough fight reason.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Soylentbits posted:

The fight was to get Haley a cactus flower. That's a noble enough fight reason.

Seeing that cheered me up even more than seeing a second strip. :3:

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Yeah, I noticed the flower too. Despite his sweet intentions, he got injured fighting an inanimate object. That's a retard battle.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Mylan posted:

Yeah, I noticed the flower too. Despite his sweet intentions, he got injured fighting an inanimate object. That's a retard battle.

Still adorable.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Mylan posted:

Let's see you hit the top of an 8-10 foot tall cactus with only a pokey sword and no ladder, without getting some needles in you

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Several months later I'm still a total novice at DnD, since apparantly my computer can't play NWN2. Any idea what the CR on a cactus is?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

DrakePegasus posted:

Several months later I'm still a total novice at DnD, since apparantly my computer can't play NWN2. Any idea what the CR on a cactus is?

Apparently between about three and six, courtesy of the gloriously lethal Dark Sun campaign setting:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/dragon/364/364_campaignclassics.pdf

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I managed to get my mom into OOTS by appealing to her interest in fantasy stories and my interest in us sharing conversation topics. Like most interests of mine that I've shown her (Pokemon, for example) she capitalized on her infinite amount of free time and completely surpassed me in the subject.

While this makes me VERY proud, as my mom continues to be the most awesome mother in our neighborhood's history, we have a few disagreements between us. For example, how do you pronounce "Elan"? I've always said it like "Ellen", while she says it's like the word "elan", seeing as he's a bard.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I pronounce it so it rhymes with wheelin'.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Eh-lawn is how I'd pronounce it.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

élan

This is what it should sound like

http://www.answers.com/topic/lan

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

DrakePegasus posted:

I managed to get my mom into OOTS by appealing to her interest in fantasy stories and my interest in us sharing conversation topics. Like most interests of mine that I've shown her (Pokemon, for example) she capitalized on her infinite amount of free time and completely surpassed me in the subject.

While this makes me VERY proud, as my mom continues to be the most awesome mother in our neighborhood's history, we have a few disagreements between us. For example, how do you pronounce "Elan"? I've always said it like "Ellen", while she says it's like the word "elan", seeing as he's a bard.

Definitely like the word. It's totally like, his thing!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
You're all crazy, its pronounced Ellen. The real question is how do you pronounce Nale's name.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Nellie.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ee-lann

Nail, as evidenced by thog's Nale/not-nale/nail speech here
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0367.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Cliff Racer posted:

You're all crazy, its pronounced Ellen. The real question is how do you pronounce Nale's name.

It's pretty clear that it rhymes with "pail".

EDIT: Took me too long to find the comic.