Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
That's what I figured. Yeah, I don't want to run out early, but I wondered if it functioned like a regular ticket.
I know tons of people who have been there this month, there right now, or en route - so I'm getting pretty hyped to be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anya posted:

So, can you leave the holiday party and come back in?
They sent me hard tickets for Xmas Party and I thought it just went on our bands automatically but I seem to have a huge collection of things to bring. Plus my dad sent me 100$ in Disney cards since it will be my bday trip, with instructions to buy flaming drinks at all the places. 15 days!

Last year they sent me a hard ticket too and all we did was trade them in for a wristband

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also do any of you guys know if this is a real pin?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walt-Disney-World-Magic-Kingdom-45th-Anniversary-Mystery-Box-Splash-Mountain-pin-/272409041787?hash=item3f6cd81b7b%3Ag%3A0GYAAOSwpLNX~HN5

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Empress Brosephine posted:

Also do any of you guys know if this is a real pin?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walt-Disney...GYAAOSwpLNX~HN5

Pinpics says yes

http://pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=118217&keyw=splash+mountain+brer+rabbit&PB_page=3

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool thanks gunna buy it

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
OMG leaving tomorrow! *dance* *ambien* *sleep*

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
I just scored dinner reservations at both Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table, and my family was like "K" because they don't understand the struggle :sigh:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I am irrationally annoyed that his feet have pads on them.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

meet girls at the store posted:

I just scored dinner reservations at both Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table, and my family was like "K" because they don't understand the struggle :sigh:

Nice work! We will support the struggle.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

meet girls at the store posted:

As someone who also had to go to great lengths to get Be Our Guest reservations, I am extremely happy for you. Congrats!

I bought our park tickets today. We're leaving in 21 days! :woop:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Only a few more weeks till Dapper Day!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Exactly 1 week until we are on our flight

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boxman posted:

I am irrationally annoyed that his feet have pads on them.

us brer rabbit fans have to take what we can get :qq:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Empress Brosephine posted:

us brer rabbit fans have to take what we can get :qq:

Please enjoy this picture I got when I caught him on the way to the Frontierland Hoedown.

I asked if he had time for us to a picture with him. his handler was all "uhh he sorta has somewhere to be" but Brer Rabbit had my SO walk over with him arm in arm so I could take a picture of them on the move.

Brer Rabbit earned my love that day is what I'm saying.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ugh im so jealous. I want to meet him so much. I heard all three of the Brers have been chilling outside the entrance to Animal Kingdom but he's so hard to track down, and the Frontierland Hoedown is hit or miss I guess for him. :shrug:

The one time I almost got to meet him my girlfriend overslept and all we saw was him walking backstage :mad:

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

I knew I had this somewhere. Camp Minnie Mickey back in 2011. Haven't seen them together since!

Epcot was nuts today. Word is they were directing folks towards MK instead - usually it's the other way around!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:qq:

Whose the rarest character to meet?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Cais posted:

I knew I had this somewhere. Camp Minnie Mickey back in 2011. Haven't seen them together since!

Epcot was nuts today. Word is they were directing folks towards MK instead - usually it's the other way around!

Epcot parking was completely closed out. Everyone was going into MK. Getting on the Monorail was a bit of a wait. Line extended all the way to the ticket area.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
At the Poly now, they may have to physically remove me, I don't wanna leave! :-)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Headed back to Wilderness Lodge. Had a 10:00 FP for Space but decided against it. No biggie though.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
Interesting trip so far, the guy next to me on the flight died mid-flight (and revived about a minute later) and we got diverted to Dallas. (Like it couldn't have been the obnoxious baby several rows back instead?) Guy didn't want to disembark, paramedic was a waffling goober, and the Stew was like "You are NOT continuing this flight." The doctor who happened to be two rows ahead of him (who responded to the Code Red and treated the guy) finally convinced him to leave by telling him that he may feel fine on the ground, but he'd most likely die again when the pressure dropped at cruising altitude. Drama...

Forgot all my insulin and testing kit in my fridge at home, so no rice/pasta this trip... :doh:

Sadly, the tap water in the room is nasty-rear end Florida skunk water... had to buy bottled to brush our teeth. :-p

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

poolside toaster posted:

Sadly, the tap water in the room is nasty-rear end Florida skunk water... had to buy bottled to brush our teeth. :-p
This is such a weirdly inconsistent issue at WDW. Some fountains/taps taste fine, some are the swamp water. I need to make a map of the good spots in the parks.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I've never had an issue with the water. Looks like polluted WV water is comparable.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

We started bringing one of those Brita bottles with the charcoal filters built in and it was a life changer. Can drink even the swampiest of swamp water and it doesn't taste like poo poo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Tim Whatley posted:

We started bringing one of those Brita bottles with the charcoal filters built in and it was a life changer. Can drink even the swampiest of swamp water and it doesn't taste like poo poo.

Yeah I had a Camelback one with that and it was my dedicated park bottle until it flew out of the pouch on Dinosaur, only for me to find out they no longer make that model. I'll have to pick up a Brita one.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I don't know why I never thought to bring a filtered water bottle. I always just gritted my teeth and drank the sludge water.

Just ordered a Brita one :D

Is it December yet :allears:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wasn't Avatar supposed to be opened by this point? Brothers telling me it might be like May/June now or something.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Skeezy posted:

Wasn't Avatar supposed to be opened by this point? Brothers telling me it might be like May/June now or something.

Joe Rohde and James Cameron are going to be in Disney Nov 19th & 20th to show D23 members a look at Pandora so my guess is maybe they'll reveal a date then

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I thought 2017 was always the planned date

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

couldcareless posted:

I thought 2017 was always the planned date

Same here; I haven't seen anything to indicate a target opening date other than a nonspecific "2017".

Wishful thinking ahead: I hope it's open in March. But it won't be.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Got this at the Disney outlet for half off today. It lights up and plays music. I am a child, but my husband enabled me and bought it for me as an early Christmas present. At Christmas, this will go in front of my tree and my son's monorail set will circle the whole shebang.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I assume Avatar will have previews and soft opens late spring/early summer. Interestingly they have been doing Test and Adjust on the rides (or at least the e-ticket) for months, which is pretty weird, but kind of exciting since it means they may actually have the kinks worked out by the time they get lots of guests on board.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah, we will be back end of March for my birthday. If I could sneak into Pandora at that time, that would make my day but I have no expectation that will actually happen.
That said, with them announcing rivers of light officially for may, they might be trying to line that up with the opening of Pandora as well. But who the hell knows at this point.

Also, I noticed they brought back my honey sriracha chicken waffle sandwich in MK. Getting that this Saturday after we land.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
BBS I saluted you working the inner queue line at HM this afternoon.. after that stupid family left the empty doom buggy.

Also why was the park so busy what the hell.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

demonR6 posted:

BBS I saluted you working the inner queue line at HM this afternoon.. after that stupid family left the empty doom buggy.

Also why was the park so busy what the hell.

I thought that was you. And if I seemed frustrated it's because we had a guest fall a bit before that and I got poo poo on by everyone in that inner queue for supposedly not doing my job.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I thought that was you. And if I seemed frustrated it's because we had a guest fall a bit before that and I got poo poo on by everyone in that inner queue for supposedly not doing my job.

BBS how will I know you if I'm at HM?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

nbakyfan posted:

BBS how will I know you if I'm at HM?

I would like to know the same for the future because I'd really like to say hi.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I'll third that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gotta love when people blame everything on you. Years ago I had a guest get mad at me because I didn't know where HER grandma went. When she asked I shrugged my shoulders and she flipped out saying things like "how could I not know". Gotta love the amusement industry!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also have big thunder or dinosaur open yet and any changes to them?