Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I can't seem to get the unlocks to proc. Tried logging in and out of the account a few times and closing/running the game again while logged in but nothing. Ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I just got future Raiden :( I really wanted klassic kitana

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

CaptCommy posted:

As in all fighting games, don't play ranked. Use the player matches or rooms to find someone who will play multiple games with you in a row. It's a better experience in every way and the best way to get better at the game.

But if I don't play ranked, how will I get my reward for winning 500 ranked matched in a row? :(

Seriously goddamn whoever manages to do that is insane.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

But if I don't play ranked, how will I get my reward for winning 500 ranked matched in a row? :(

Seriously goddamn whoever manages to do that is insane.

What's the reward?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
When I logged in to the shared account by for Injustice, it took several hours for everything to show up. I wouldn't stress about it if it's not all there.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Fibby Boy posted:

What's the reward?

A background for your kombat profile or maybe an icon.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Here's a question for the lore nerds: one of Raiden's combos (B3,3) is called Might of Mordulus.

What the hell is Mordulus?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

There must be an easier way to do Kung Lao's fist fury and chain fist combos (1,1,2,1,2 & 1,1,2,1,2,4). If I two finger the buttons I can just about tap it out fast enough half the time, but a standard grip has no luck. You seem to need to input it incredibly fast. Is there an easier way to input it?

Edit: someone mentioned that you could input two of the buttons at the same time, like a throw input, but failed to mention which two.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 22, 2015

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Gunder posted:

There must be an easier way to do Kung Lao's fist fury and chain fist combos (1,1,2,1,2 & 1,1,2,1,2,4). If I two finger the buttons I can just about tap it out fast enough half the time, but a standard grip has no luck. You seem to need to input it incredibly fast. Is there an easier way to input it?

Edit: someone mentioned that you could input two of the buttons at the same time, like a throw input, but failed to mention which two.
REO had a video on how to do this back in MK9. I guess the inputs in this game are different but I think some of these tips are still useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTie_1h95MA

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

Gunder posted:

Aside from switching to an overhand finger-tapping grip, some people on Reddit earlier today were suggesting treating it as "11, 212". Honestly though, you just have to put it in really really fast

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

CaptCommy posted:

As in all fighting games, don't play ranked. Use the player matches or rooms to find someone who will play multiple games with you in a row. It's a better experience in every way and the best way to get better at the game.

Yes

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I tweaked a few things and came up with a Takeda combo that squeezes 42% out at mid screen and only uses 1 bar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3bgdQtjboM

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
Is there any sort of "unlimited health" modifier? My buddy and I want to go back-and-forth practicing trading kombos against a real moving, blocking person, but don't want to wait keep waiting to reset after rounds and matches. Any suggestions?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Moacher posted:

Is there any sort of "unlimited health" modifier? My buddy and I want to go back-and-forth practicing trading kombos against a real moving, blocking person, but don't want to wait keep waiting to reset after rounds and matches. Any suggestions?

Haha training mode dude! Settings -> give control of the other char to actual player (forget exactly what its under)

Or do you mean online? Is there an online training mode..I thought there was..

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

a cop posted:

Haha training mode dude!

Yeah I know you can tweak the opponent options in training mode, but we basically wanted to do some 1 vs. 1 training against each other instead of against some AI.

EDIT: Didn't know you could give control of the AI to another player. Will have to look into that.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Moacher posted:

Are you in the same building? Practice mode can pass p2 to the controller I think. If you have a ps4, shareplay it for ultimate lag

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

I tweaked a few things and came up with a Takeda combo that squeezes 42% out at mid screen and only uses 1 bar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3bgdQtjboM

Can't wait to test this on the locals. :getin:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Gunder posted:

There must be an easier way to do Kung Lao's fist fury and chain fist combos (1,1,2,1,2 & 1,1,2,1,2,4). If I two finger the buttons I can just about tap it out fast enough half the time, but a standard grip has no luck.

For the record, I recommend anyone who's playing on pad hold the left side normally while using multiple fingers to hit the buttons on the right side. You can put Block on the left shoulder buttons so that it's still easily reachable.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Agoat posted:

Can't wait to test this on the locals. :getin:

I think I can maybe inch out a couple extra % at the cost of being pretty tricky to execute online. I will update when I manage to get it to work semi-reliably.

Done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E7iygdFVWA&

TERRIBLE SHITLORD fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 22, 2015

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Brosnan posted:

For the record, I recommend anyone who's playing on pad hold the left side normally while using multiple fingers to hit the buttons on the right side. You can put Block on the left shoulder buttons so that it's still easily reachable.

If only my 360 madcatz TE stick worked on my PS4. I loved using that stick.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Someone on gamefaqs recommends doing the Kung Lao chain fist and the other combo this way:

quote:

BOOM! Just found out how to do it every time:
Chain Fist
1, 1 1+2—4

The command list displays it the HARD way
Don't have the time to try it now, but apparently that lets you input it at the same speed as you would any other combo in the game.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

Gunder posted:

Someone on gamefaqs recommends doing the Kung Lao chain fist and the other combo this way:

Don't have the time to try it now, but apparently that lets you input it at the same speed as you would any other combo in the game.

If this works, that's incredibly useful for me, so thanks for digging that up!

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I think it might be a good idea for people to list time zones too.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Moacher posted:

If this works, that's incredibly useful for me, so thanks for digging that up!

It does work. The rhythm it requires is a bit precise, but it's much easier than that speedy gonzales poo poo you had to do before.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

My link posts are banned from competitive play because they build too much meter:

- A Cassie video titled "Brawler isn't that bad I swear..." with some combos and some poo poo she can do to beat armored wakeups:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqFAzBrRoXs

- A post about D'Vorah's Wasp Grenade cancel into run cancel that has been featured in vids I've linked before, together with a breakdown of how to execute it: http://testyourmight.com/threads/you-will-incubate-my-young-dvorah-combo-thread.49758/page-9#post-1675182
- D'Vorah Swarm Queen 1 bar corner 50% BnB from EGP Krayzie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnQhhHpasp4

- An Ermac Master of Souls 38% combo starting from EX Teleport: http://a.pomf.se/gnvfxo.mp4

- A post with execution tips for Erron Black Marksman's gun cancel stuff: http://testyourmight.com/threads/erron-black-combo-thread.49781/page-8#post-1676816
- Erron Black Outlaw and Marksman combos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqQbt8nPmYw

- Tony-T took a break from Raiden to make a couple Kuatan Warrior Goro videos: http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-goro-tech-combo-video-1-bar-48-more.50724/

- Full Auto Jacqui combo compilation and guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilt6Ct2_LXc

- A few Jax combos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xTeddybearproduction/videos

- Funny Kenshi corner combo jabjabjabjabjabjabjab: http://testyourmight.com/threads/no-beard-zone-frothys-kenshi-kombo-emporium.50186/page-3#post-1675960

- Easy Raiden anti-air combos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4oToLxARoA

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 22, 2015

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Quasipox posted:

I think it might be a good idea for people to list time zones too.

Added. I also put a column for what time you're on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MLXze60P0oDu3tmAPh7EU1fbFS4IMOwxnjtKWccVPK8/edit?usp=sharing

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 22, 2015

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Brawler is Cassie's worst variation? I thought it was considered the best?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Megasabin posted:

Brawler is Cassie's worst variation? I thought it was considered the best?

Hollywood has nut punch for forced standing ender into mixup and Spec Ops has shenanigans with EX missile that people are still exploring. Brawler, on the other hand, has a couple command grabs that she can't really follow up from what I've been told and not much else unique to it .

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So Shinnok players (or Nokkers as we like to be called), what variations are being played. I really like necromancer for the zoning, but to be honest I have not really played as the other two yet.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So Shinnok players (or Nokkers as we like to be called)

You make me wish this guy was in the game

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

your evil twin posted:

So what the hell outfit is Mileena's tournament then? I don't recognise it from any of the games, seems completely new.

It's the Khanum outfit without the head piece.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I haven't really been into the lore that much, but am still kind of interested, so can someone explain Takeda's ending? Who's the guy that the dragon sends them to retrieve? It looks a bit like Shang Tsung, but I'd think that at that point Kenshi would go "Oh, this rear end in a top hat. No."

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Sono posted:

I haven't really been into the lore that much, but am still kind of interested, so can someone explain Takeda's ending? Who's the guy that the dragon sends them to retrieve? It looks a bit like Shang Tsung, but I'd think that at that point Kenshi would go "Oh, this rear end in a top hat. No."

It's Taven, the main character of MK: Armageddon.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Sono posted:

Taven, the Hero of MK Armageddon... : "He is a half-god and son of the Protector of Edenia, Argus, and of a powerful sorceress who has the ability to see into the future, Delia." So he is Rain's half brother who is fire based.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm just about to wrap up my Cybernetic Kano for beginner videos. I'm gonna need another good character for starting out. Anyone have suggestions?

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Toady posted:

The variety of experiences people have with the same games is evidence enough that quality of online play is heavily dependent on external factors. "Netcode" is a term from gaming forums, where there exists a superstitious belief in a gremlin living in the game client that's doing something to delay their inputs, because it couldn't possibly be the network, no way no how. Network latency isn't arcana; it will always exist, especially on America's dated infrastructure. Even if network packets could travel at the speed of light, there'd still be 14ms of lag between Los Angeles and New York because of the physics of the universe.

This is just pure ignorance. Some games handle lag better than others. No one is asking for instantaneous lag-free gaming, and it's ridiculous that you keep invoking this. It's real loving simple: some delay based games play with more frames of lag than others in the same situation. It's not superstition, it's people observing basic gameplay and describing their end-user experience accurately. SF4 generally handles these things pretty well, and produces comparatively low input delays. SNK games are legendarily bad, and often completely unplayable online. Mortal Kombat is on the lovely end of that scale.

It's "arcana" to the customers because it doesn't matter how this is actually accomplished. We're customers, it's not our job to know the underlying production reasons why product A is good and product B sucks. The point is that comparing product A to product B, product B is a pile of poo poo, and going "well it's impossible to make it perfect!" doesn't remotely address that criticism. It's Netherrealms' job to not make their product, in that regard, a pile of poo poo. And if it's a gigantic budgeted, $60 game with pricy DLC, complete with some kind of weird online tournament thing and all kinds of netplay features, then it's reasonable to expect that their implementation should be Comparatively Good instead of Pretty Bad.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'd genuinely take more Brutalities over Fatalities. They feel like an achievement because you needed to plan (even if it's fairly easy for anyone competent) to use them; They feel just a lot more rewarding when they go off, and have a much more 'Holy poo poo' factor for the other player. I will never tire of tearing people in half with EX.Lift at the end of Ermac combos.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Shockeh posted:

I'd genuinely take more Brutalities over Fatalities. They feel like an achievement because you needed to plan (even if it's fairly easy for anyone competent) to use them; They feel just a lot more rewarding when they go off, and have a much more 'Holy poo poo' factor for the other player. I will never tire of tearing people in half with EX.Lift at the end of Ermac combos.

Also, they're much more concise! I like watching each fatality once when the game comes out, and then hopefully never again. At least not during sets/KOTH. Brutalities give you that same reward in half the time or less.

Like, you'll never see a fatality at a tournament, but you could probably see a brutality or two. That's cool.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Shockeh posted:

Kanos unblockable airball brutality is always very satisfying.
Cause he goes "Well thats a bitch."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Note that the first one is 2 bars for 30% which is not at all good.

Shockeh posted:

And they waste much less time. Agreed.

• Locked thread