Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

its really cool how the game just keeps getting weirder and keeps topping itself

The dlc really perfected this with how it seamlessly moved you back through stages in time. Also the clock tower opening after Maria was so sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SM64Guy posted:

its really cool how the game just keeps getting weirder and keeps topping itself

Exactly. I love the ruined versions of Cathedral Ward and Yahar'gul after you kill Rom. The cutscene when you meet The One Reborn might be my favorite in the game.

I'm beyond excited for Dark Souls 3, but its hard to shake the feeling that Bloodborne was something special that can't be replicated.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Agag posted:

Exactly. I love the ruined versions of Cathedral Ward and Yahar'gul after you kill Rom. The cutscene when you meet The One Reborn might be my favorite in the game.

I'm beyond excited for Dark Souls 3, but its hard to shake the feeling that Bloodborne was something special that can't be replicated.

yeah nothing will beat the first run through bloodborne. you start out thinking ok this is dark souls but with werewolves and then it gets all weird with aliens.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Agag posted:

really hoping they continue the design philosophy of "what if we did Dark Souls but with [motif here] in [location here] and we changed [core mechanic here] and [core mechanic here]"

I've said it here and in other From threads but I'm hoping for a souls game in a desert world that uses egyptian mythology. that would be killer

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Agag posted:

it's a logical extension of the souls games gameplay aand level design nd every single souls game that miyazaki's worked on's been epic. chill it out, game's gonna be good

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

it's a logical extension of the souls games gameplay aand level design nd every single souls game that miyazaki's worked on's been epic. chill it out, game's gonna be good

I'm %100 sure it will be great, the gameplay could easily be better the Bloodborne. I was talking about Bloodborne's setting and style, which I really liked.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I've said it here and in other From threads but I'm hoping for a souls game in a desert world that uses egyptian mythology. that would be killer

This is my new dream game.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
[/quote]

Would be rad

Also, I just wonder like if a Deadspace like thing, some cool sci-fi thing with hosed up alien monster things with cool sci fi weapons and maybe even something like the dismemberment gimmick to killing them, not sure if that would just be tedious or something, but From could probably make it super cool

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
gimme bloodborne with cum

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
theres a tecmo-koei game called ni-oh thats supposed to come out this year some time that looks like a cross up of dark souls and onimusha. cautiously getting hyped for that in addition to ds3

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

apropos to nothing posted:

theres a tecmo-koei game called ni-oh thats supposed to come out this year some time that looks like a cross up of dark souls and onimusha. cautiously getting hyped for that in addition to ds3

i dont really know about it because its a team ninja game and the bossfights in their games after ninja gaiden black have been excruciating

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

one cool thing is that its supposedly based on an unfinished kurosawa script

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I don't care what they make. If Miyazaki makes Bubsy 3D 2016 I will buy it at release price

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Benny D posted:

I don't care what they make. If Miyazaki makes Bubsy 3D 2016 I will buy it at release price

http://bubsy3d.com/ Here's Bubsy 2015

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bubsy's Back! Bubsy 3d: Bubsy visits the James Turrell Retrospective is an web based edutainment experience produced by Arcane Kids. Explore your relationship with art as you guide bubsy through a realistic recreation of the James Turrell Retrospective at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. After you have played Bubsy3d and understand art a little better, Arcane Kids encourages you to go visit an art museum in your area and quit video games.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i can't stop playing this game

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

one cool thing is that its supposedly based on an unfinished kurosawa script

that sounds pretty cool

I'm (cautiously) optimistic about Ni-oh

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

SciFiDownBeat posted:

that sounds pretty cool

I'm (cautiously) optimistic about Ni-oh

yea i hope its badass because i like team ninja

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SM64Guy posted:

yea i hope its badass because i like team ninja

I liked Ninja Gaiden 1&2 and I'm cautiously optimistic for this release, but didn't the lead designer for Team Ninja leave Tecmo a while ago?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Agag posted:

I liked Ninja Gaiden 1&2 and I'm cautiously optimistic for this release, but didn't the lead designer for Team Ninja leave Tecmo a while ago?

yeah. i actually liked ninja gaiden 3 razor's edge a lot when you werent fighting bosses but its a visually chaotic mess a lot of the time so i can see why people wouldnt like it much

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
i helped my buddy kill the one reborn and i had no idea there were bell maids on the 2nd floor... what the crap i thought the rider dude on top was casting all the spells. he is so much easier if you kill them haha

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Don't the camera do like a flyby of the entire arena the first time you go there and show off all the maidens?

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Never played the dlc, got it the other day made a new dude with a whirligig build.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pookum posted:

i helped my buddy kill the one reborn and i had no idea there were bell maids on the 2nd floor... what the crap i thought the rider dude on top was casting all the spells. he is so much easier if you kill them haha

I've never not killed them, next time I play I should try not to bc that fight is way too easy with them dead

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

It makes sense that people would miss the bell ringers because of how nuts & scary the run up to the boss is. I missed noticing his puke move the first few times and always died confused

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

It's so awesome that the ritual abduction town was building a Great One out of human limbs. I love it so much

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I've never not killed them, next time I play I should try not to bc that fight is way too easy with them dead

i didn't know you could do anything about them until i was helping people there because the entrance to the stairs blends in too well with the other poo poo on the wall. it's honestly still a pretty easy fight with then dead

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
The One Reborn has the worst idea/intro to difficulty ratio in the game. But I always kill the bell-ringers on principle because I'm not dying to some scrub sniper enemy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agag posted:

The One Reborn has the worst idea/intro to difficulty ratio in the game.

I don't really get what this means

Also I realized immediately I could kill the bell ringers because the intro cinematic and arena design is like 1:1 to the demons souls tower knight with the archers there

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
one reborn is like a vit check......easy as hell but if u have low vit any hit hurts too bad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he was really quite hard at SL10

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

im having more fun than i expected using the beast cutter for a whip playthrough, but i do miss the classic whip sound from DS2

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

he was really quite hard at SL10

ya he always troubles me on low level runs

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

beating defiled watchdog filled me with feels

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

defiled amygdala is next........

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I couldn't beat defiled Amy without resorting to ranged attacks

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

I don't really get what this means

Also I realized immediately I could kill the bell ringers because the intro cinematic and arena design is like 1:1 to the demons souls tower knight with the archers there

It means he's this alien monster made out of corpses that crawls out of the moon summoned by some eldrich cult, but he's super easy to beat and I wasted him by spamming charged R2 for a minute.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont get that impression from it at all. to me it looks like a big gross useless lump of meat, which it basically is. the cinematic quite literally looks like a miscarriage

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The arena of this boss and the placement of the Chime Maidens is an almost exact copy of the Tower Knight and the archers in Demon's Souls. Tower Knight's weak spot is his legs while this boss is entirely constructed from leg parts, pun most likely intended.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For both f them you whack the legs until they fall over and you can hit their head for massive damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

, pun most likely intended.