Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Using Leprechaun in PVP gives bonus traitstones this week (its the event troop). Leprechaun is also a gem exploder that starts at full mana. Pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just want to post my invite again in case a spot opens up - KADDISH_QDD8

Also some questions. Should I be leveling new classes when I unlock them? I leveled warlord to 20, which is the highest I can level for now but haven't touched orbweaver.

I've been using a bloody axe and have upgraded it once. Which weapons should I look out for and invest in? I know a lot of it is based on what color I want but it seems like I have a bunch of weapons I'm not going to use and I haven't seen a new one in a while.

It seems like I need to just go along with the story at this point? I tiered up enough in PVP that my opponents are are ridiculously higher team score than mine.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Kaddish posted:

Also some questions. Should I be leveling new classes when I unlock them? I leveled warlord to 20, which is the highest I can level for now but haven't touched orbweaver.

I've been using a bloody axe and have upgraded it once. Which weapons should I look out for and invest in? I know a lot of it is based on what color I want but it seems like I have a bunch of weapons I'm not going to use and I haven't seen a new one in a while.

It seems like I need to just go along with the story at this point? I tiered up enough in PVP that my opponents are are ridiculously higher team score than mine.

Leveling classes with souls maxes out at 20, just like troops (if they are at Mythic rarity)

Don’t bother leveling up classes you aren’t using. Using your hero in battle gives you experience towards that class to unlock abilities ranks you can choose between - these abilities are one of the big draws for different classes. HIGHLY recommend Titan class.

For unlockable weapons, HIGHLY recommend Mountain Crusher as a great all-rounder. You won’t regret maxing it out, and it pairs great with Titan hero class

You can do other cute pairs of Hero and weapons, but they usually require a specific team composition to support them. Titan Mountain Crusher is great because it generates mana for itself and others, gives a decent chance at Extra Turns, and can tank hits via barrier, while only blocking brown, and generates so much mana that you can easily use another brown troop and get it filled up easily

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Devor posted:

For unlockable weapons, HIGHLY recommend Mountain Crusher as a great all-rounder. You won’t regret maxing it out, and it pairs great with Titan hero class

Mountain Crusher is pretty meh until nearly fully upgraded though. For early Arena runs any of the weapons that don't need much mana can be very effective.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Which sort of class/weapon combo would be recommended for teams where you’re going to have ice storms every turn? It feels like Titan/Mountain Crusher would get in the way of that.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Solkanar512 posted:

Which sort of class/weapon combo would be recommended for teams where you’re going to have ice storms every turn? It feels like Titan/Mountain Crusher would get in the way of that.

Jar of Eyes when you don't want duststorms. Still Titan probably.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Anyone else getting an asset failed to download message launching the game?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Bandire posted:

Anyone else getting an asset failed to download message launching the game?

I'm good on iOS.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Phone restart fixed it. Not even force closing the app helped. Weird.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Kaddish posted:

Just checked, Gem Blossums is also full but there seems to be two inactive players, so next time Annoited gets on he can kick someone and throw an invite.

It's funny how right when Blossums starts inviting pubbies to fill up the active slots we suddenly got a lot more new goon players as well, apologies that it's made juggling invites take some time.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Purchasing shop tiers in a faction event like the one today is the best way to get Jar of Eyes, right? (The only other way is too-expensive Soulforge crafting?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I think Boiz has dropped to a level in Guild Wars where I can compete. I actually went 5-0 on Green Day with a Green team!

Also that Mountain Crusher, Glaycion, Bloodhammer, TPK team has made grinding in PvP enjoyable again. I might eat the occasional loss to some of the crazy newer PvP builds, but I’m having FUN.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
The divine team stopped me even though I have a decent enough green team. Ubastet is still overpowered and and soon as Divine Protector is cast it's pretty much a win button.
On the other hand, my also overpowered Flammifer/Yao Guai/Titania/Tai-Pan team was unbeaten on defense.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Kaddish posted:

K you in. As for me just gonna dump some cash into the guild and ragequit for today. I'm getting some bad luck in my board rng. My DoomSkull team just ain't doing as hot in this meta.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Depends posted:

On the other hand, my also overpowered Flammifer/Yao Guai/Titania/Tai-Pan team was unbeaten on defense.

Tell me more...

Annointed posted:

K you in. As for me just gonna dump some cash into the guild and ragequit for today. I'm getting some bad luck in my board rng. My DoomSkull team just ain't doing as hot in this meta.

I’m dumb. What is the current meta?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ultimate Mango posted:

Tell me more...

I’m dumb. What is the current meta?

Mythic Goblin eating my Bloodhammer, Gold teams with endless chains and the classic Divine Team of "Divine Shield that makes green and blue/Infernus/Ubastet/Divine Ishbaala. At least those meta teams are the ones able to roflstomp me atm.

My Doomskull build of "Gorgotha/Glaycion/Apothecary/King Bloodhammer" sometimes has days where I just get super unlucky and can't get my mana in time or can't get any match 4's or 5's.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Annointed posted:

My Doomskull build of "Gorgotha/Glaycion/Apothecary/King Bloodhammer" sometimes has days where I just get super unlucky and can't get my mana in time or can't get any match 4's or 5's.

That happens to everyone. My typical PVP team is Mercy, Alchemist, Hellcat, Titania. If Hellchemist can get rolling, it’s a win >99% of the time. But RNG being what it is, there are those matches where I get jack-all in the way of available matches and the AI curbstomps one or more of my troops.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I can't change my teams. Whenever I try it never loads the team list.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Depends posted:

I can't change my teams. Whenever I try it never loads the team list.

Is this what is happening to you?

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/minor-interface-bug-with-team-slots-since-4-2-update/49987

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Yup, it happened after I picked my last team and it was scrolled all the way down with no scroll bar. Once I tried to scroll it up they popped right in. Thanks!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Ultimate Mango posted:

I think Boiz has dropped to a level in Guild Wars where I can compete. I actually went 5-0 on Green Day with a Green team!

Also that Mountain Crusher, Glaycion, Bloodhammer, TPK team has made grinding in PvP enjoyable again. I might eat the occasional loss to some of the crazy newer PvP builds, but I’m having FUN.

I missed TPK (waiting for him to pop up in the SF)) but I've been using a popular Greed build. It's amazingly fast, but a little squishy, so you either win very quickly or get rolled by a double-gem-swap Legendary (Like Ishballa).

Greed/Hero with Skeleton Key/Egg Thief/Cedric Sparklesack

At 200g collected, Egg Thief destroys the whole board and Skeleton Key one-shots all but the beefiest teams (like all Giants).

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today’s class challenge is egregious.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Today’s class challenge is egregious.

How so?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Limited in both species and kingdom so there's only like 5 troops you can choose from. I noped out pretty quick but I think they were mostly on the low end of the base rarity scale too.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
One of you elders needs to make a list of good teams to use for each color day so noobs like me don't keep going 4/1.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

porktree posted:

One of you elders needs to make a list of good teams to use for each color day so noobs like me don't keep going 4/1.

Ignore color

Use your best team

Live your best life going 5/0 having fun

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I think going 4-1 on-color is still more points than 5-0 without.

I haven't really updated my guildwars teams in a while, but here's what I've been using. I pretty much always have a loss or two for the week, but they do decently well. My teams aren't very conservative either, so there are probably safer choices.

Green
BlueBrown
Draakulis
Nyx
Soothsayer
Finley

Feed Draak. If he gets a cast off he's super hard to kill.

Yellow
Guardian Banner
Gorgotha
Infernus
Ubastet
Divine Ishballah

Should be pretty clear. Bard teams are pretty good here too, but I don't like changing classes.

Purple
Lantern Banner
Flame Troll
Infernus
Divine Ishballah
Elemaugrim

Ishballah might be a slight waste, but getting Infernus casting is the goal.

Red
RedBrown
Draakulis
Infernus
Ragnagord
Ogryn

Ragnagord is really good. Ogryn (if traited) should help you survive an Ironbeard shot.

Brown
DoubleBrown
Titan Mountain Crusher
Ketras The Bull
Magnus
Scorpius

Everyone knows about Titan Mountain Crusher, and it pairs pretty well with Ketras too on brown days. If you don't have him, he's still one of the upper tier Mythics to craft in my opinion. The other two troops could be anything, but Magnus and Scorpius are fun on this team.

Blue
Trident Banner
Forest Troll
Webspinner
Queen Mab
Anus Champion/Penguin/Plague

Forest Troll and Webspinner are pretty great together, and Mab helps to not get you killed if you miss a 4 match on a cast. Something to buff Webspinner's magic in the last slot helps speed things up, but I've cycled a few things through that spot.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 21, 2018

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush
I’m EVILMAYO_JPQG if a spot opens up

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

Gem Blossums currently full, need Annoited to kick someone before an invite can be sent.

Maid
Mar 3, 2006

Do you know the Wu-Tang secret of mopping?

Manyorcas posted:

Gem Blossums currently full, need Annoited to kick someone before an invite can be sent.

I just left blossums to open a spot for someone else. I’m not currently active enough to warrant the spot. Might get back into it at a later date, and am totally fine waiting for a spot again should that day come.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm just kind of aimlessly grinding away, trying to get some dang troops. Bone Dragon is fun.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Asking aswell for a invite, picked this up again after a year or so off, my code is KURT914

Seems like stuff has outclassed banshee-alchemist-valkyrie!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

give head or get dead posted:

Asking aswell for a invite, picked this up again after a year or so off, my code is KURT914

Seems like stuff has outclassed banshee-alchemist-valkyrie!

Both of you's are in now. Sorry about not being on top of the donations lately. Kind of been busy with irl poo poo again. On bright side just got us all 3 gem keys.

Manyorcas posted:

Also thank you for informing the new players about availability for Gem Blossums.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 22, 2018

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Couple of questions

1) Is there any advantage to playing all the fights for past days? I'm assuming the win/loss is called at the end of each day, and I forgot guild wars were on for the first half of the week.

2) Am I allowed to yell bullshit if an enemy's Immortal trait procs three times in a row?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
(1) Yes, there is: your daily points count toward the weekly guild-wide total, which determines whether we advance, stay, or get relegated to a different bracket. That said, you earn more points for a unique defense team than it is possible to earn from a single battle. So at the very least, do the first battle on missed days to get the defense bonus.

(2) Yes, you are free to call bullshit. Won’t change anything, but it’s not like any of us can stop you. :v:

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Weird i accepted the invite but then it said it was by invite only?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

give head or get dead posted:

Weird i accepted the invite but then it said it was by invite only?

I got the same issue like a month ago and I wish I knew what the answer is besides being a wandering ronin.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Re invites: there are two ways to accept an invite. One is to open the mail you get through the mail system. The other is to go to the Guild tab and do something there. One of these ways seems to work, and the other seems to not.

——————

Gem Boiz, I will be on an international trip from tomorrow through the middle of January. I should have internet access irregularly to check the thread and do basic account/guild maintenance, but I won’t be as active in weekly events.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Guild wars question/revelation: for defense, you need to have all unique troops, right? But for attack do you have to have totally unique troops across all colors? I may have nerfed myself with a few 4/1s because I thought everything had to be unique. If not, I think I need to separate attack and defense teams but could do much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Guild wars question/revelation: for defense, you need to have all unique troops, right? But for attack do you have to have totally unique troops across all colors? I may have nerfed myself with a few 4/1s because I thought everything had to be unique. If not, I think I need to separate attack and defense teams but could do much better.

Yeah, for defense the color doesn't matter, but they should be unique; for attack reusing troops is fine but you want them to match the day's color. (I usually drop down to 3 color-matched troops against the spookier teams.)