Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

iPhone pic

Q: How do you get a TDI SportWagen out of the bottom of a mud infested corn field?

A: Drop the tire pressure, yank the fuse for the traction control, and get a couple of your friends an a bunch of random strangers to help push the bitch up the hill and gun it until it finds hard ground!

Then you park it in a safe spot, walk back down the hill and help other people get their cars out too.

Also a special shout-out goes to the girl who shamelessly redlined her Acura and sent up a stinging rooster tail of mud and fine gravel getting her car out. We were expecting to have to encourage her to goose it, but she needed no prompting whatsoever.

The guy in an AWD Mazda 6 making all the SUVs look bad was amusing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Zenostein posted:

You aren't the guy who had one for autocrossing, are you?

Also, you should totally paint something silly on the center caps.

I am not. I would like to go autocross it sometime but I haven't had that chance.

One thought on the centers was to sand the Honda badge off of the aluminum disc in the centercap and then make a Toyota stencil and spray on the Toyota logo. I am about [this] close to buying a set of gunmetal Rota R-spec wheels in for it in 16" so that would fix the situation. What do you guys think?

Diseased Yak
Jun 23, 2006

It's only a mild infection...

kimbo305 posted:

I cheered as I scrolled. Is it burnt orange or red?

Do a review thread like for titler's E63.

It's listed as "Crystal Red Tintcoat". Pics really don't do it any justice, at least from my lovely cell phone.

Also, the engine is the same LSA as in the CTS-V, except it's tuned upwards to 580hp instead of what the current CTS-V has. The magnetic shocks are the same design, but the 3rd generation past what the CTS-V has. I'm sure the Cadillac will have all that and more on its next revision.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Arishtat posted:

iPhone pic

Q: How do you get a TDI SportWagen out of the bottom of a mud infested corn field?

Sure, I'll bite...why would you drive a bunch of cars into a mud infested corn field in the first place? Or was it a dry corn field and you got caught in a sudden downpour?

Content:

Took my Focus to the national Soap Box Derby track today (I live about a mile away from here, I've been wanting to take this one for a while now):

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I fixed up a Toyota Yaris because I am stupid. At least it averages 36 mpg!

I get constant poo poo about the Honda wheels. They've been on my last three cars (all Hondas) and I don't care.

Well if it means anything the wheels made me chuckle. I dig them.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Mezmerized Machine
Dec 29, 2008

That's sweet! I love the rear plate. Please tell me it links to the thread.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Sure does :v:

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Geoj posted:

Sure, I'll bite...why would you drive a bunch of cars into a mud infested corn field in the first place? Or was it a dry corn field and you got caught in a sudden downpour?

This is where we were on Saturday: http://toughmudder.com/events/mid-atlantic-2012/

It was dry on the way in. We got caught in the rain just as we finished the course and by the time we showered, changed and I picked up my backpack the field was soaked and every car that tried to get out (most unsuccessfully at first) simply served to make the ground at the bottom of the hill even more rutted and soupy.

The field and the participant staging area was so torn up that they cancelled the 2nd day of the event: http://www.gazette.net/article/20120909/NEWS/709099999/1016/second-day-of-frederick-county-s-tough-mudder-canceled-due-to&template=gazette

What you're not seeing is the couple of hundred pounds of mud caked up under the frame rails, wheel wells, shock towers, jammed up in the cabin drain ports, etc. etc. etc. It took my buddy and I about two hours yesterday to wash, wipe and vacuum the car back into a state of cleanliness.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Well nothing special, just a regular KIA C'eed, but i enjoy driving it. The pic has been taken while visiting my parents, it currently has less than 33,000 miles on it.

Its a 2006 Model and my first car i owned myself and i never had any problems with it. Even though its only powered by a 1.6 Diesel engine with 66kw/90 HP it handles quite okay at 112 mph(180 km/h). Though with the current diesel prices in Germany i'm quite happy i didn't get a gasoline fueled car.

Only thing i changed is the tyres and rims, the tyres weren't used up but Michelin Energy tyres are really bad on wet surfaces. So i switched to Hankook V12 Evo and am quite happy with them.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
2013 Base 911 in anthracite brown.

The Tesla isn't mine, it's just a camera whore.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Nice, does that have the 7-sp manual? Picture?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Nice, does that have the 7-sp manual? Picture?

Yea, PDK

here is a better angle on the exterior

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
I decided to pick up a C63 over the weekend. The previous owner had it dyno tuned and it made 440whp. Also came w/ the optional LSD(why is this an option on an AMG car!?!?). Over the most fun i've had in a street car in a long time.

this happened rather quickly

V8 buddies :haw:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I fixed up a Toyota Yaris because I am stupid. At least it averages 36 mpg!

I get constant poo poo about the Honda wheels. They've been on my last three cars (all Hondas) and I don't care.

Think it looks great. Why not just plastidip the centercaps or something, if it looks that bad just peel it off? :)

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

One thought on the centers was to sand the Honda badge off of the aluminum disc in the centercap and then make a Toyota stencil and spray on the Toyota logo.

Just grab a set of these self-adhesive centercaps with Toyota logos on them from ebay: http://is.gd/TTGIAx

There are a few to choose from on ebay, just make sure you get the right diameter.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

shoopeach posted:

I decided to pick up a C63 over the weekend. The previous owner had it dyno tuned and it made 440whp. Also came w/ the optional LSD(why is this an option on an AMG car!?!?). Over the most fun i've had in a street car in a long time.

this happened rather quickly

V8 buddies :haw:

Nice! I'm jealous! I wish MB's had sticks as an option :/

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

marshmonkey posted:

Yea, PDK

here is a better angle on the exterior

He meant the 7-speed traditional manual, not the PDK. Still, cool car, very good color. Brown is making a comeback in a big way.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I hear the PDK is really good but it Ain't Right.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Paul Boz_ posted:

ya this was something that bugged me for a while. But my track car(the 944) is stick and I live in Houston. We have some of the worst traffic here and driving a stick shift car is just a pain. If this purchase was a car to flog on the track, it would have definitely been something stick(or an SMG/DSG variant).

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Paul Boz_ posted:

You can get most of MB's models with a stick (only in the base trim levels, though), but if you've ever driven an MB with a stick, you wouldn't wish for it anymore.

They're fine for everyday driving, very nice action etc., but it all turns to mush when you try to shift quickly.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 10, 2012

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

This is a loving suave interior. God drat.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
Here is a better shot of the brown paint, I think it looks awesome together with the tan interior. Almost like a throwback to 80's Porsches.

dreesemonkey posted:

This is a loving suave interior. God drat.

The roof-liner is SUEDE. :whatup:

marshmonkey fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 10, 2012

Ganon
May 24, 2003
I hope your custom plate is TNY TWR

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I like it a lot but putting it up with a classic 911 makes me just realize how much more I like the classic 911.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

What I hate most about the Camaro is the trunk opening, but I'm guessing this isn't your daily all-purpose commuter/family trip car? In terms of a fun weekend car, you could stick the LSA in just about anything and I'd gush all over it. Kudos to you and your 580 horsepower.

I just wanted to say I love the Tesla because I'm a total targa top whore. And as a targa top whore I'm disappointed in your modern Porsche :colbert:

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

davebo posted:

Lookin' good. Did you say something earlier in the thread about pinstripes or was that just the SS decal you mentioned?

I was not a fan of the pinstripes and did not order them, but it has all of the proper SS stickers.

I found a nice little corner where no one wants anyone parking near them

I thought night shots would be cool, maybe not with a phone though. Here they are anyway

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

AdmiralViscen posted:

I found a nice little corner where no one wants anyone parking near them

Looks really, really nice (change the driver's side high beam, though)!

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I am going to buy an HID kit for all four as soon as I find one. At a car show I saw a guy with a 1980 Monte with projectors but he didn't know where he got them from.

The light works, it just looks bad. Though "works" is probably an overstatement for any sealed beam headlight

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

DropShadow posted:

Just grab a set of these self-adhesive centercaps with Toyota logos on them from ebay: http://is.gd/TTGIAx

There are a few to choose from on ebay, just make sure you get the right diameter.

Oh drat, nice find. Thanks for that, I'll try that out first. And thanks everyone else, I'll keep the Honda wheels for now.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

AdmiralViscen posted:

I am going to buy an HID kit for all four as soon as I find one. At a car show I saw a guy with a 1980 Monte with projectors but he didn't know where he got them from.

The light works, it just looks bad. Though "works" is probably an overstatement for any sealed beam headlight

:negative: aftermarket HID kits

Look into E-code headlight housings, Hella or Cibie make the best ones.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

You can get most of MB's models with a stick (only in the base trim levels, though), but if you've ever driven an MB with a stick, you wouldn't wish for it anymore.

They're fine for everyday driving, very nice action etc., but it all turns to mush when you try to shift quickly.

Most? I thought you could only get two (the C & SLK230/250).

I know they haven't offered a stick in any of the 04+ models except those two.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nait Sirhc posted:

Most? I thought you could only get two (the C & SLK230/250).

I know they haven't offered a stick in any of the 04+ models except those two.

There's the A and B classes, and of course the C and smaller SLKs. The E200/220 CDI BE and E200 BE can be had with a 6-speed, too. Anything bigger than that, and it's automatic-only.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I finally get to post a new car (my Civic finally died).

2012 Ford Focus HB ... my favorite part .. 5 speed manual! I am really enjoying this car.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

There's the A and B classes, and of course the C and smaller SLKs. The E200/220 CDI BE and E200 BE can be had with a 6-speed, too. Anything bigger than that, and it's automatic-only.

We don't get the A and B here in 'Murrica.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

mAlfunkti0n posted:

2012 Ford Focus HB ... my favorite part .. 5 speed manual! I am really enjoying this car.

Congrats man!

I like the color. ;)

mine:

If you want to get ford OEM accessories for it cheap:

http://www.partscheap.com/2012-2013-Ford-Focus-Accessories-s/469.htm

I bought the engine cover, rear cargo mat, and have the mudflaps on order.

and you should definitely become a member of: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/

You should also invest in a Steeda rear sway bar. this thing makes a huge difference! http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/2012-ford-focus-rear-swaybar.html

You can also replace your rear engine mount with an OEM Mazdaspeed3 motormount. I did not really notice a difference with my DCT transmission, but others who have the MT say it really makes the car feel better.

Also, order a K&N air filter from amazon IMMEDIATELY. It makes the car breathe so much easier and quieter. The car already comes with a cone filter, the K&N is just superior in every way.

Supposedly the Steeda short throw shifter is a must have too.

Some Guy From NY fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 12, 2012

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Some Guy From NY posted:

Congrats man!

I like the color. ;)

mine:

If you want to get ford OEM accessories for it cheap:

http://www.partscheap.com/2012-2013-Ford-Focus-Accessories-s/469.htm

I bought the engine cover, rear cargo mat, and have the mudflaps on order.

and you should definitely become a member of: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/

You should also invest in a Steeda rear sway bar. this thing makes a huge difference! http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/2012-ford-focus-rear-swaybar.html

You can also replace your rear engine mount with an OEM Mazdaspeed3 motormount. I did not really notice a difference with my DCT transmission, but others who have the MT say it really makes the car feel better.

Also, order a K&N air filter from amazon IMMEDIATELY. It makes the car breathe so much easier and quieter. The car already comes with a cone filter, the K&N is just superior in every way.

Supposedly the Steeda short throw shifter is a must have too.

I'll check all of that out, thanks! I like the wheels on yours, the hubs on mine aren't bad looking (could be MUCH worse, but still).

It's been a breath of fresh air having a new car, especially one with a manual. :)

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 12, 2012

Corrupt Cypher
Jul 20, 2006

mAlfunkti0n posted:

The HB stands for Huge Butt right?

Seriously though, good job Ford.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Corrupt Cypher posted:

The HB stands for Huge Butt right?

Seriously though, good job Ford.

Awwww, don't say that it might hear you and become depressed. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

AdmiralViscen posted:

You can pull actual HID projectors (halogen projectors will NOT work correctly) from many luxury cars and even normal cars from the last 15 years. Don't put HID capsules into eBay "h4" housings, it will blind the poo poo out of everyone and put out terrible light.