Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Neo_Reloaded posted:

If cost + s/h was around $25-30, I'd be game.

Based on the cost of shipping Christmas presents this year, I'd say closer to $40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

A Bad Poster posted:

Based on the cost of shipping Christmas presents this year, I'd say closer to $40.

I'll take it. Hell of a lot cheaper than eBay. You don't seem to have PM, so email me at cbevilac at andrew.cmu.edu ?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Neo_Reloaded posted:

I'll take it. Hell of a lot cheaper than eBay. You don't seem to have PM, so email me at cbevilac at andrew.cmu.edu ?

drat, sorry man. It was gone by the time I got back there.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

A Bad Poster posted:

drat, sorry man. It was gone by the time I got back there.

Just a heads up for anyone. Chances are if you see a Black Widow on the pegs, buy it, someone will buy it from you.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah definitely buy her.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The thread is full of pictures of stuff I've painted. Photos don't necessarily serve them well though because it will look like a solid color where there's actually many layers of careful dry-brushing and shading. I have zero tolerance for visible brush strokes. Maybe the most obvious face-painting example is this guy:

That image is blown up bigger than life (that guy is only about 4" tall) so you can kinda see the more subtle details on the nose, the lips, the brow wrinkles, and under the eyes. Plus the eyeballs themselves - I never paint on white highlights, I just use very glossy paint (and metallic for the iris) so they shine realistically. I've had someone who saw my figures in person ask if I use glass eyes. Basically I don't gently caress around.

This guy had one of my most elaborate paint jobs:

There you can see a little bit better how I brought out the shading and highlights on his armor. He's a little more stylized so I let those details stand out a bit. It's still hard to see stuff like the way I used purple around the red circle to give the impression that it's casting faint red light.

The one thing about brushing acrylic model paint is it can be hard to get a really matte finish. Usually there will be kind of an "eggshell" sheen. I don't like spraying/airbrushing though, too imprecise.

I don't do 1/6 customizing much but it's a lot easier to get fine details on a bigger face. If it's a real person I'd use a bunch of photo references.

Those figures above each took a couple days to paint, but I don't see a need to charge out the rear end just for painting a face because that will be a few hours tops. Maybe $20?

Looks good to me. Price works for me as well. If you are up for painting a noggin, I'm interested. Shoot me a pm with your address on where to send the head (there's a hat too) and we can get this party started.

We'll call the :20bux: a ballpark till you see the head, cool?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

NoP would you be up for 1/6th head sculpt commissions?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

As I've said, I will consider any serious custom request. If it's a character other people would want, I could try making copies to sell which could drive the price per head down. If you want a totally unique head, that would cost you a little more.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ballpark me a Death head then. If it's not in my budget I will do my best to find other people to be interested in it.

Got the PM, will have the noggin and hat to you tomorrow or tuesday.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Well this just makes me so happy. I think I've decided on the final layout of weapons (not exactly what's seen here -- this is only a test fitting) and I sketched up the final CAD image to be CNC carved into the correct (closed-cell, PE2 rigid) foam. So the final weapons transport case will be utility belt, 4 cylinder canisters, 4 square pouches, grapple gun + 3 spare monofilament clips, 4 mini-mines, keys to the Tumbler, and then 6 gold batarangs embedded in the lid foam. And probably a pair of gloves somewhere in there too. I have a couple of ideas for some official looking Wayne Enterprises logo badges and information to be applied to the outside of the case, but mostly I'm going to let it be mysterious until the viewer opens the case. I have those metal info placards for the belt and gun that I considered bolting to the outside, but I think the diagrams on them really give away too much of the thunder.

It'll probably be at least a few weeks before I pull the trigger on the foam order, so I'm still not 100% sure on the dimensions. Right now I'm fitting everything into a Pelican 1720, but I'm open to better, more accurate cases if I can find one.

gregday fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 25, 2014

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ballpark me a Death head then. If it's not in my budget I will do my best to find other people to be interested in it.

Got the PM, will have the noggin and hat to you tomorrow or tuesday.

You mean Death from Supernatural? That guy has a cool face. I feel like other people might buy that.

I need to get my hands on some molding and casting supplies so that making a few copies will be an option. Ultimately it would mean you paying less money and me getting more, so there's no reason not to do it.

Edit: I should say that I think the average head prices you named seem reasonable to me, for stuff I'm casting a few copies of. Probably in the range of $50, cleaned & painted, as an estimate.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 26, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yup.

He's my favorite all time character on the show. Even beats out Lucifer.

Smooth-on has a trial kit with 1lb of silicone and 1lb of resin (I think) plus clay and all that jazz for about 30$ before shipping.

I can't find the hat to my Marston (been looking all god damned day but for some reason it's not in the box with the head), so I'll have just the head out to you tomorrow.

The only thing about Death is, it's gonna be hard to capture that snarky look he has where he's basically looking like he's talking to a retarded bug that can barely comprehend it's own existence.

Something along the lines of :

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-winter-soldier-hot-toys-902185/

The Winter Soldier Hot Toy is up for pre-order at Sideshow. Estimated ship date isn't until February of 2015! He looks incredible though.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-winter-soldier-hot-toys-902185/

The Winter Soldier Hot Toy is up for pre-order at Sideshow. Estimated ship date isn't until February of 2015! He looks incredible though.

He, and depending upon how Falcon turns out, are must buys for me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I traded in some textbooks on Amazon, and picked this up. Its goofy looking, and I love it.

I'm glad I preordered the HT retro Cap from TWS, it was sold out in one day. I missed the WWII Cap from the first movie, and this one looks even better.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

RevKrule posted:

Just a heads up for anyone. Chances are if you see a Black Widow on the pegs, buy it, someone will buy it from you.
This, cannot emphasize it enough.

Worst case scenario you have no buyers (which won't happen) and you return it next time you're at the store.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Goddammit, I hate it when April Fool's gags fall under "poo poo I actually want to see happen."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It shouldn't be too hard - buy a T2 head (the first edition with no scarring), buy a strong body type and a 1:6 suit. ;)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Amazon has all 6 of the Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy up for pre-order. Release date of June 1st, $21.99 each.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=Marvel+Guardians+of+The+Galaxy+Figure+6-inch

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Amazon has all 6 of the Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy up for pre-order. Release date of June 1st, $21.99 each.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=Marvel+Guardians+of+The+Galaxy+Figure+6-inch

gently caress. Ordered.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

The Rage posted:

poo poo, I saw that on some other sites and the link was bringing up nothing so I figured it was an April Fool's prank, but this worked! Hope this is a continuing trend for releases down the line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beanpants posted:

poo poo, I saw that on some other sites and the link was bringing up nothing so I figured it was an April Fool's prank, but this worked! Hope this is a continuing trend for releases down the line.

God I loving hope so. I finally have the income to buy these fuckers and now I can never find what I want.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

The Rage posted:

Thanks! I've grown tired of driving all around the twin cities looking for the Captain America / Spider-man figures I'm missing, and wasn't looking forward to doing the same for GotG.

The Groot BAF is going to be enourmous.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Rage posted:

I don't know guys.
From the Rocket Raccoon description:

quote:

Intergalactic bounty hunter Rocket Raccoon and his partner Groot are hot on the trail of their next big payday: the human known as Star-Lord! The Guardians of the Galaxy need all the help they can get to save the cosmos from destruction and this is your chance to build them a mighty ally! This 6-inch Rocket Raccoon figure looks just like Peter Quill and he's ready for battle with his laser pistol in his hand.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ffffff, I only want Rocket, Star Lord, and Groot, but you need all six. Ugh. I guess I can sell the other figures after I build Groot...how much do the BAFs go for on eBay usually? Do people sell individual parts?

Also, did Chris Pratt not give his consent for them to use his likeness or is the face sculpt just really bad? Gamora and Drax are similarly bad.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Aaaand Nova's out of stock. Dammit.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

funtax posted:

Aaaand Nova's out of stock. Dammit.

They've all come back in stock twice, so keep watching it.

edit: in fact, he's back now

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I keep getting an error message when trying to order this set. It says Rocket will not ship to my location but all 5 others will ship fine. Customer service just say "if it cannot ship then it cannot ship."

gently caress sake, it will ship just fix your stupid listing

Veg fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 2, 2014

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Whelp ordered rocket like a boss. 0 desire to build groot though so hopefully I can recoup some of the cost.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Found a Superior Spider-man at the store, picked it up in case someone wants it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Found a Superior Spider-man at the store, picked it up in case someone wants it.

Those guys are pretty much clogging the shelves (I think they were packed 2 per case), so you should probably return it. The rare ones are:

-Carnage
-Black Cat
-Spider-Woman
-Black Widow (from Cap line)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah. They had a Spider-woman (girl?) as well, but the box was kinda squished.

It was the first time that I have seen them on the shelf. The only other one that looked kinda neat was the Spawn Of Symbiotes (not carnage but the other one).

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Ah. They had a Spider-woman (girl?) as well, but the box was kinda squished.

It was the first time that I have seen them on the shelf. The only other one that looked kinda neat was the Spawn Of Symbiotes (not carnage but the other one).

I'd take Spider-Woman from you if you're able to get her, as long as the figure is ok. :shobon:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll swing by and see if I can swap out this one for that one.

I'll update when I get back :)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Those guys are pretty much clogging the shelves (I think they were packed 2 per case), so you should probably return it. The rare ones are:

-Carnage
-Black Cat
-Spider-Woman
-Black Widow (from Cap line)

Also Toxin presumably, since he's the Carnage replacement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't they announce refresh cases with additional Widows?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they announce refresh cases with additional Widows?

Supposedly for June but it's dependent on if retailers actually order them.

Aphrodite posted:

Also Toxin presumably, since he's the Carnage replacement.

He's rare but I don't think he's in as much demand like the others.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I actually have a spare Carnage and Black Cat if anyone comes across a Black Widow they don't want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, it's your lucky day!

Hit me with a PM and we can get shipping and all that jazz figured out :)