Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I found some gray hair the other day, and I'm annoyed it's only a few. Just go gray all at once, dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Try visiting some graveyards and being spooked into full white horror hair by eldritch abominations?

My fwp is that my depression and anxiety are crazy bad right now and i am waiting on word from an interview last thursday. My coping mechanism is to sleep as much as possible and distract myself with movies.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I deleted one of my bookmarked threads by mistake and I have no idea which one it was.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I found a really good sandwich place by my work and the first time I went there they gave me two pickles. Since then they have only given me one pickle.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I got a new phone and it owns but I'm too nervous to take it outside the house because my old phone is all smashed to poo poo due to my giant gorilla hands constantly fumbling and dropping it, and the case I bought at the same time might not arrive until Monday

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
After spending a lot of money at the vet, we determined my cat Bug pisses on various carpets because of a behavioral issue likely regarding territory. Good news, no UTI or kidney infection or anything, she's just a loving twat who doesn't get along with other cats and if I don't shower her with attention the second she wants it, pee.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The batteries in my scale died. :smith:

Also, my new phone's Wi-Fi symbol has lines in it, unlike my old phone's Wi-Fi symbol. I liked my old phone's symbol better, and I can't seem to change/update the new one's.

Also also, I tried to play Dungeons of Dredmor on my laptop and it opened up so wide that I couldn't adjust the view, nor could I minimize the window, nor could I proceed into the game, so I had to restart my computer and I can't figure out how to get Dungeons of Dredmor -- a very fun game that I paid good money for -- to run properly.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I have the same issue with Chrome Remote Desktop eventually opening way out of bounds, and I have to use this tip to fix it. Would that work with the game by alt-tabbing out?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I got called into work and it'll probably happen a lot more soonish because my coworker who usually does this shift has a very real chance of losing a foot.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
My workplace has recently changed the way we do markdowns, so now food on that day's date only gets reduced once, and whatever doesn't sell has to go into waste and I hate wasting food. :( The idea is that when you scan something to mark it down, the system will automatically decide how much to reduce it by and will learn what sells and what doesn't over time, but until it figures everything out we're going to end up having to throw out so much stuff.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Went to the Renn Faire today! My friends were meeting us there because they wanted to ride their motorcycle, instead of hitting breakfast with us and carpooling. Okay cool, we told them we were going to get there at open, 10am, or actually before because of how bad traffic is; this is important because they were going to toss their helmets and gear in our car. So we actually arrived at 930, had some chillout time to wander around and spook people with my plague doctor costume. The gates open at 10, we check for texts; they are 20 minutes out. Okay, fine...

30 minutes later nothing. We're waiting inside the gates now, then i get another text, so I grab the keys and heads out. Oh no, they're still stuck in traffic because now it's hell getting off the one ramp exit. I end up waiting another 20 minutes before they get there. Throw their poo poo in the car and we spend the next four hours at the faire before I get tired, and we decide to go. My friends are bummed out because they want to stay but can't put their gear anywhere.

Well if you assholes had gotten here when we said, we would have had another hour to do poo poo!

Also I missed the Dead Bob show.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I needed to replace my old computer chair. The brand I wanted had DEEP discounts recently.

However, the black/grey version was $30 more than the black and neon green version. I'm going to love it but my initial reaction to color puke is usually negative at first.

What's stupid is that I bought a neon pink keyboard at the same time without batting an eye.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
The vending machine at work gave me a nickel instead of a quarter. :saddowns:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got a refund for a game I bought a few days ago, and I kinda regret doing it now. Like, what annoyed me annoyed me, sure, but I'm pretty sure it was because I'm achey-sick and every annoyance I've had for the past week has had a significant multiplier.

Bonus FWP for probably deciding to rebuy the thing when the refund goes through and finding I'm still annoyed by that same stuff again. ugh.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 09:33 on Mar 5, 2019

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

The changed the formulation of the toothpaste I've used for the last idk 20 years and the new one leaves a nasty taste in my mouth but I now have two massive tubes of it. So I need to waste a load of that and find a new toothpaste.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

The changed the formulation of the toothpaste I've used for the last idk 20 years and the new one leaves a nasty taste in my mouth but I now have two massive tubes of it. So I need to waste a load of that and find a new toothpaste.

if its the plain white kind and not a gel u can use it to polish and clean stuff, like wet sanding basically

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

My dental hygienist insisted I buy a specific toothpaste with some conditioning medicine for gum health in it, and the it leaves a muted aftertaste of licking sweaty skin.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

That's a good tip on using it as a cleaner I'd forgotten about that.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

My dental hygienist insisted I buy a specific toothpaste with some conditioning medicine for gum health in it, and the it leaves a muted aftertaste of licking sweaty skin.

This exact same thing happened to me as well. It's like there's a big toothpaste conspiracy against me or something.

First World problem: there are too many types of toothpaste. I don't want healthy teeth or gums or sensitivity relief , I want all three dammit just give me one tube that does it all and stop this bullshit market segmentation.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got promoted at work without competing for it. They just handed it to me.

The issue is that I now have to do two jobs without a pay increase for the next ~3 months or so until we can get someone hired and trained for my old job.

This is good long-term but for now I'm kinda screwed.

Fake edit: Yeah, promotion without a pay increase is hardly a promotion.
It's a lateral move that will lighten my workload so I can focus on more technical things. It'll also open a couple more doors.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That's a good tip on using it as a cleaner I'd forgotten about that.

This exact same thing happened to me as well. It's like there's a big toothpaste conspiracy against me or something.

First World problem: there are too many types of toothpaste. I don't want healthy teeth or gums or sensitivity relief , I want all three dammit just give me one tube that does it all and stop this bullshit market segmentation.

Did we both get owned by Paradontax?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The cord on my mechanical keyboard broke, so now I'm reduced to using an old generic membrane keyboard like some loving plebian.

Further FWP is that the cord is probably perfectly fixable, I just have zero DIY skills or tools. :saddowns:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My two and a half year old poo poo in the tub during her bath tonight.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Corporate nonspeak is the worst loving thing. I find it incredible that there are people that can write an About Us page for a company that tells you nothing in like eight paragraphs beyond "what we do involves computers somehow."

But what do you do?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Corporate nonspeak is the worst loving thing. I find it incredible that there are people that can write an About Us page for a company that tells you nothing in like eight paragraphs beyond "what we do involves computers somehow."

But what do you do?

I find myself at a loss when I try to describe my job to non-IT people. I could try to say something about internal tools development or managing the resolution of major systemic issues... I usually just say I work in IT.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DizzyBum posted:

I find myself at a loss when I try to describe my job to non-IT people. I could try to say something about internal tools development or managing the resolution of major systemic issues... I usually just say I work in IT.

That's several orders of magnitude more specific than some of the websites I've seen lately. "We work on robots" is fine or something like "we manage your IT infrastructure." The latter is kind of vague but your average non-techie reads that and thinks "these are people who make my computer problems go away." Usually people can get at least a vague idea of what you do if you just say you work in IT. They probably assume you do networking or something. Granted I'm a software developer so I basically just bash at a keyboard and vaguely program-shaped things come out.

I'm talking about things like "we help companies meet their goals!" OK but like...how? Do you wrangle databases? Are you a networking company? Are you IT consulting? WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU? It's fine to have some vagueness when you're dealing with non-IT people but me, an actual techie, should be able to find more information on a company's website than "there are computers involved somehow."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember looking up a company to see what they do and scouring the entire site and only being able to find poo poo like "We work with the top corporations to meet their needs!" And "Our team of experts leverage options and synergize metric analyzation to provide goals!". After ten minutes of searching, my boyfriend just looked up their wikipedia. They were an ad agency. It doesn't say that ANYWHERE on their site.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Danaru posted:

I remember looking up a company to see what they do and scouring the entire site and only being able to find poo poo like "We work with the top corporations to meet their needs!" And "Our team of experts leverage options and synergize metric analyzation to provide goals!". After ten minutes of searching, my boyfriend just looked up their wikipedia. They were an ad agency. It doesn't say that ANYWHERE on their site.

TBWA/Chiat/Day?

Their website is terrible but they are most famous for doing a bunch of iconic Apple ads like the one directed by Ridley Scott.

Also check out the Palantir site.

http://www.palantir.com/

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to find a specific color LED light that's tiny and will work in a small prop piece I want to build, but god drat if there isn't a billion results when you search for "white LED light small" or variations of that theme.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
SA was down and my Tumblr dash physically does not load on my iPad regardless of what browser I use, so I had nothing to read while eating breakfast this morning. :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Butt Detective posted:

SA was down and my Tumblr dash physically does not load on my iPad regardless of what browser I use, so I had nothing to read while eating breakfast this morning. :(

Back of the cereal box dude. Classic choice.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I work in IT at a regional bank, in security, in threat management. I just tell people "I keep your money safe" and that's good enough even though it isn't even remotely relevant to what I actually get paid to do except in the most philosophical of senses.
I just want them to understand that I am not a Teller.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Got a new phone. Spent the better part of my day customizing it and downloading apks and apps and logging in through all the various apps and poo poo so everything would be exactly the way it was on my old phone. Only thing left to do was swap in the SIM card and microSD card.

Boot up my new phone and everything got factory reset. So now I get to do it all over again :shepicide:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Digital movie downloads are too expensive. John Carter for $20 gently caress you Disney.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I am late getting back to my job because I decided to stop for a quick snack and the inn restaurant stereo played dark side of the Moon and did not follow it up with eclipse so I played eclipse on my phone and sang to it.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
We were supposed to get internet set up at our new house today before the tomorrow but apparently the developer who did the rebuild didn't get it wired for internet to come in, and she also didn't tell us.

We also don't have internet at the old place because it was supposed to be transferred over.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have no schedule to return to after my trip to Tokyo so my jet lag isn't correcting itself. I've been sleeping from 10 am to 5 pm. I don't go back to work for like a week and a half. I feel doomed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I got charged 140 bucks twice for a thing :saddowns: I've already contacted them to hopefully fix this and even if it can't be fixed I can absorb the mistake (It's almost entirely my fault, I thought Paypal had frozen up and didn't wait) but it'd still leave me with less money than I'd like.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Today was absolutely lovely at work and half my paperwork is completely hosed because I manage a team of idiots, we were short-staffed, people were being sent to and pulled from my department mid-shift, and I had people outright ignoring things I said or just lying about it to other employees. I was running a few minutes late this morning, but we have a 15-minute grace period so no big deal, except they changed the schedule so I ended up being just over 15 minutes late. I was scheduled to work a double, and I had a calendar alert on my phone going off while I scrambled to finish my paperwork, but then I turned out they took me off the second shift so I was stressing (about that) for nothing, but the second shift coming in still hosed up half my inventory counts because the first crew didn't do them right. Wasn't really the second crew's fault, since my team hosed up to begin with, but I told them not to do XYZ before I finished the count and they did it anyway..

But the worst part about today is that my local bar was staffed by a whole bunch of people I've never seen before, because one of the bartenders got married today and literally the entire staff was invited to the reception. I wish the newlyweds all the best, but I also wish your temp replacements knew how to pour a goddamn drink. :sigh:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I got charged 140 bucks twice for a thing :saddowns: I've already contacted them to hopefully fix this and even if it can't be fixed I can absorb the mistake (It's almost entirely my fault, I thought Paypal had frozen up and didn't wait) but it'd still leave me with less money than I'd like.

Definitely contact your bank, PayPal is loving terrible regardless if it’s your doing or not. My PlayStation account was hacked like 3 years ago and the person bought games and PayPal absolutely refused to do anything besides send form emails at me until my bank got involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I already contacted the people I bought the thing from; they refunded me the charge (you're only supposed to be able to buy it the one time to begin with, so it was a genuine mistake) but apparently the two were so close together in their database that they had the same transaction ID? So they had to refund both, basically. Which is fine, I'll just re-buy it, but drat that was aggravating.