Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Here is my gangbusters idea to make Araki billions

Cancel the dub
Sell release day translations of JoJolion from £1 to £2.50 from the 19th at 0000 JST.
Cancel the part 1 and 2 dubs retroactively
Sell all the Manga in English
Cancel ASB retroactively
Add another DIO to EoH
Cancel that too.

Here's my ideas, ready?

Kill Aurain
Release Grateful Dead shirt to Americans
Release Johnny Hoodie to me and only me
Keep doing what ur doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am Unbreakable

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Namco should put Jojo characters in the next Project X Zone

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Polnareff's voice will be the one that makes or breaks the Part 3 dub for me.

Everyone else more or less has a certain temperament they largely stick to, but Polnareff's all over the place. Whoever they pick, they'll want someone with range and versatility.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just hope the dub is better than Parts 1 & 2, so i can actually watch it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Polnareff's voice will be the one that makes or breaks the Part 3 dub for me.

Everyone else more or less has a certain temperament they largely stick to, but Polnareff's all over the place. Whoever they pick, they'll want someone with range and versatility.

Erholtz has versatility, it's just he's usually casted as pompous assholes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I hope the casting director lets him make use of his abilities, then.

A bad director can get a bad performance out of an otherwise good actor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Viz will be simulcasting part 4 and streaming the previous three parts, so I guess Jojo's gonna be on Hulu now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

I hope the casting director lets him make use of his abilities, then.

A bad director can get a bad performance out of an otherwise good actor.

The ADR Directors for Bang-Zoom are really good and did a stellar job with a lot of the characters in JoJo. They seem p self aware and know what this series is so they seem to be rolling pretty well with it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Viz will be simulcasting part 4 and streaming the previous three parts, so I guess Jojo's gonna be on Hulu now.

i wonder if that's better or worse, since i use both Hulu and CR for tons of stuff but CR is the only thing i knew of where they compensate in line with what you watch.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

That's the only annoying thing, I don't want to be paying for Hulu again ahahah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Viz's stuff isn't usually pay-locked. I know OPM wasn't. There's just commercials, which, whatever.

Edit: Oh poo poo, manga thread brought up that this might mean a better chance of Jojo on Toonami, since the problem was that WB was asking too much and Viz has a much better relationship with them.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 20, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waffleman_ posted:

isn't hulu us only? motherfuckers

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Kurtofan posted:

isn't hulu us only? motherfuckers
Yeah--what is this Hulu thing going to mean for those of us who are outside the US but want to watch the show through legal channels?

e: at least this makes me even more hopeful that we'll get an English release of the Part 4 manga.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

OPM was also on Daisuki, if that's available where you live

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

dogsicle posted:

OPM was also on Daisuki, if that's available where you live

Yeah, I watched it on Daisuki most of the time. But I have no idea if that's available elsewhere? I sure hope so. This move seems like it's for the better in a lot of ways but not if it means folks outside the US don't get to see things as easily!

I'll re-up my Hulu in a bit if it turns out that it's there, though honestly I could probably just chromecast to a TV since I did that with OPM on Daisuki. I just like watching a lot of stuff on my phone/tablet when I'm on mass transit since my commute is pretty lengthy.

And yeah, one of the reasons I'm happy about this is that I feel like it gets us closer to a pt 4 translation.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
Nice: Daisuki is available in Canada, at least. Hopefully it's available to people elsewhere, too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yeah, I watched it on Daisuki most of the time. But I have no idea if that's available elsewhere? I sure hope so. This move seems like it's for the better in a lot of ways but not if it means folks outside the US don't get to see things as easily!

streaming as a whole is still pretty lovely because Funimation will grab like half the shows in a given season and they don't show up legally outside the US because of that :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

dogsicle posted:

streaming as a whole is still pretty lovely because Funimation will grab like half the shows in a given season and they don't show up legally outside the US because of that :shrug:

Actually, they did expand their streaming services into the UK earlier this year. Not much, but it's something.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Amaryllis posted:

Nice: Daisuki is available in Canada, at least. Hopefully it's available to people elsewhere, too.

Fingers crossed!

I had honestly begun to wonder why Crunchyroll was not saying a word about anything on it of late. No matter; if it ends up being tough to watch Jojo on my commute, I still have something like another 200 Gintama episodes to re-watch because holy mother of god is that show long

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

dogsicle posted:

There's also the fact that Funimation will sometimes take its sweet time to upload new episodes even when the series in question is obviously a hot property.

I like and respect Funimation as a licenser and purveyor of material goods, but their streaming gig needs serious work.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

There's also the fact that Funimation will sometimes take its sweet time to upload new episodes even when the series in question is obviously a hot property.

I like and respect Funimation as a licenser and purveyor of material goods, but their streaming gig needs serious work.

they could stand to be more transparent about the whole thing, at least. like their delay on Dagashi Kashi was due to the broadcaster but they never issued a statement to that effect. i'm not sure if they post airdates for everything either.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
please release the part 4 tanks, viz i beg of you

e:
This is a dead link for me now btw

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 20, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If the anime license acquiring is any indication Viz is going in p hard on JoJo so you can expect a Part 4 release

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

If the anime license acquiring is any indication Viz is going in p hard on JoJo so you can expect a Part 4 release
:krad:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

please release the part 4 tanks, viz i beg of you

e:

This is a dead link for me now btw

Yeah for some reason that was deleted but if you go to their twitter account they have another one

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/711327918505517056

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear
While doing something completely unrelated, I found the hated waffleshirt. I does exist in real life!

Apparently from Prada SS 2006.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hated by people with poor taste only.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Just like the Jo Jo dubs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
So, here's one musician who knows about his band being referenced in Jojo:

https://www.facebook.com/PatMastelottoOfficial/photos/a.218965281448671.67347.120366424641891/1071671219511402/?type=3&theater

Wonder what Robert Fripp's reaction was, considering that the internet has turned the name King Crimson into a weird meme.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Isn't Robert Fripp super strict with his copyright stuff?
Not quite Prince tier but who is.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Yep. That's why KC is on no streaming services, and the songs keeps appearing and dissappearing from youtube. He actually started his own label and bought up the rights to all of the albums, so he wouldn't be hosed over in the future by greedy labels and lovely producers.

It's way more understandable than Prince, who seems to be on a personal crusade against technology, but I am sure we won't see any King Crimson songs gracing Jojo soon, ornery englishman that Fripp is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Right on.

I respect Fripp so I don't want him to sue Araki for making money with his band name and being subjected to Araki's stand 「THE TRUE MAN’S WORLD」with the power of all stands, past or future, with the gift of eternal good looks and cuteness.

(The downfall of his stand is that it makes him climb trees despite knowing better)

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Hated by people with poor taste only.

Exactly. Anyone who hates that waffle shirt is no friend of mine.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hirohiko Araki and Kazuma Kaneko both got me interested in high fashion IRL.

I've no beef with the waffle mesh shirt.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josefumi, a simple agricultural student in a small town, decked out in Prada...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would think about wearing the waffleshirt over a full shirt. I'm not fashionable enough to go full waffle, despite my name.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata, a 16 year old kid, walking through swamp water in his stupidly expensive school uniform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I would think about wearing the waffleshirt over a full shirt. I'm not fashionable enough to go full waffle, despite my name.

JoJolion chapter 27, page 2/3 double spread.