Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I think its because fundamentally League is such a meat mash / let numbers decide game, that play elements like kiting are non existent

actually kiting is really really strong in this game, its just that it's hard to convince your teammates to not run directly at the other team on sight in solo queue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
league, of legends

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Tales of Woe posted:

actually kiting is really really strong in this game, its just that it's hard to convince your teammates to not run directly at the other team on sight in solo queue

They all have gap closers

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I kind of miss double AP since it seemed like there was a bit more finesse in fights but then again I REALLY do not miss constantly seeing Kennen and Vladimir.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

I have noticed that it's very hard to escape in this game and I think that's because most of the mobility spells are for initiating.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Its because you can't buy Flash, so gap closers have to be built into tank kits. Therefore kiting isn't as powerful

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Its because you can't buy Flash, so gap closers have to be built into tank kits. Therefore kiting isn't as powerful

Playing Lucian for like three or four seasons straight and now playing Jhin means this post leaves me in tears of laughter. :gitgud:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I think its because fundamentally League is such a meat mash / let numbers decide game, that play elements like kiting are non existent

wow...

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Transient People posted:

Playing Lucian for like three or four seasons straight and now playing Jhin means this post leaves me in tears of laughter. :gitgud:

Its probably because you don't have experience with other MOBAs

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

omg...

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Its probably because you don't have experience with other MOBAs

every time I quote him an even worse post appears lmao

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm sorry, the game play elements in League are very weak in comparsion. Kiting, Crowd Control, Utility Items, Invisibility are all very wishy washy.

League is a meat mash game, where stats and numbers are the biggest deciders in fights.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'm sorry, the game play elements in League are very weak in comparsion. Kiting, Crowd Control, Utility Items, Invisibility are all very wishy washy.

League is a meat mash game, where stats and numbers are the biggest deciders in fights.

Who has the biggest numbers?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Today I learned Rammus is a great pick in to Fiora top.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I enjoy the idea that cc isn't a big decider in fights.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the dota people don't seem very good. i am very accepting of other cultures but i don't get those guys

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

everyone that ever posted in the dota thread is a terminal retard im afraid

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Stay woke, plz

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Radical posted:

everyone that ever posted in the dota thread is a terminal retard im afraid

let's give them a chance. they might turn out ok eventually :)

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's nasty as hell on Kayle, too.

I've seen more than one Gnar build it. I was just like :cripes:

It's fine on Kayle and Teemo but it was even better before when it gave more AS and no crit. I was mostly referring to ADCs though. I also forgot to mention that Runaan's is best on basically all champions except Vayne that want to build BorK (Kalista, Twitch, even Kennen if you're one of those weirdos that takes Kennen ADC).

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 15, 2016

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Your mom is a meat mash game.

(By this, I mean a great number of people have mashed, and continue on a daily basis to mash, their meat into your mom.)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They all have gap closers

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

durrrrrr

you have no idea what you're talking about, I say this as someone who played dota since allstars

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So Andross, you show your true form...

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
just a big slab of meat

league of legends is the george foreman of video games. it's great for grilling slabs of meat but also gives you a rumble in a jungle.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I played dota exactly once and I don't think I've gotten so completely bored of a video game that fast in my life. Hots is cool though.

The nice part of league being a "meat mash" game is you have a really realistic chance of winning a game as any champ. If you stomp your lane hard enough as Yorick you will become such a big piece of meat you win the game by default, which is pretty nice sometimes

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
gently caress it i'll just main this stupid champ i guess

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

AHH FUGH posted:

gently caress it i'll just main this stupid champ i guess

Jungle or lane?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
jungle

statistical breakdown of da game:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have discovered that if I am forced to top (my least favorite role) I can just take Zilean and for some reason it makes every single top just completely poo poo their pants and have no idea what to do. I doubt this will work forever but it has gotten me called a 'cancer' and the result of the 'least fun game I've ever played in' so I might as well milk it as long as I can.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
his auto attack is loving horrible though and if you bomb or push lane you'll basically auto-lose the game if their jungle has any idea about how to path

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
But yeah zilsta owns

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Voxx posted:

just a big slab of meat

league of legends is the george foreman of video games. it's great for grilling slabs of meat but also gives you a rumble in a jungle.

love me some meat bois

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Plz... Plz

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Sexpansion posted:

durrrrrr

you have no idea what you're talking about, I say this as someone who played dota since allstars

Ok sure, you literally buy stats, and stuns are 1.5 seconds long, invisibility is semi invisibility, and items barely have actives.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Udyr, ball of stats, has been op forever

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Ok sure, you literally buy stats, and stuns are 1.5 seconds long, invisibility is semi invisibility, and items barely have actives.

You do know that within the context of a specific game things can still be extremely meaningful? A 2-second AoE stun is absolutely a massive game-changing tool if used properly and even a .5 second stun has a lot of impact during a one-on-one duel within the confines of the game.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

You're the kind of poster that got the dota 2 thread gassed to death. Again.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Look. I didn't mean to start anything. I have 2000+ games in both LoL and Dota. There are fundamental differences in their designs. I'm sorry for pointing them out.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Kiting, Crowd Control, Utility Items, Invisibility are all very wishy washy.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
will there be a record second person to get probated in the league thread

• Locked thread