Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

gasman posted:

MLP?...oh.....what?

It's on brand for bronies and modders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

is this the same mod that some goon tried to #cancel because they thought "richard spencer" the dev was the same as the nazi guy?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah turns out it was a mess for completely separate reasons, hooray

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: The smelly feet comment has been removed entirely

Orv
May 4, 2011
That sucks rear end for all the not lovely people who put their hard work in but I feel like that probably should have shown up sooner.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Orv posted:

That sucks rear end for all the not lovely people who put their hard work in but I feel like that probably should have shown up sooner.
I mean, the bar set for this sort of thing is "Now that the game is just about ready... By the way turns out that guy is a sexually harassing shitlord to our own staff." Subnautica and HBS Battletech come to mind there, for example.

So compared to that, if the extent of this is "We were unaware this guy had insane art projects" then it is pretty small time by comparison for wishing things were dealt with sooner, sadly :sigh:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 28, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeaaaaaaah. :smith:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Say what you want, but I really appreciate seeing a mod team that doesn't double down on their poo poo and defend the deviant's right to be a creepy pedophile about horse people. That's depressingly more rare than it should be and I respect that they had the spine to take steps.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cardiovorax posted:

Say what you want, but I really appreciate seeing a mod team that doesn't double down on their poo poo and defend the deviant's right to be a creepy pedophile about horse people. That's depressingly more rare than it should be and I respect that they had the spine to take steps.

I assume it's because the mod team is composed of normal people grossed out by it rather than other deviants as is usually the case

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

I mean yeah, obviously this is the good outcome regardless of the time frame.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I assume it's because the mod team is composed of normal people grossed out by it rather than other deviants as is usually the case
Like I said, depressingly rare when it comes to modders.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
The artist whose stuff they are removing didn't do any writing though? America being an obvious collection of the writer's fetishes had nothing to do with them. The whole apology feels weird.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Didn't the America stuff require at least two people being aware of it? The writer of it and the VA?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Stuff like that often slips through because, at every step of the way, someone thinks "well, everyone else must have already okayed that, or they wouldn't have given it to me to voice act/whatever in the first place. Don't want to be a naysayer."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ookiimarukochan posted:

The artist whose stuff they are removing didn't do any writing though? America being an obvious collection of the writer's fetishes had nothing to do with them. The whole apology feels weird.

I think they're trying to apologize for multiple things at the same time.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
https://twitter.com/Xilandro/status/1354723418457985025

Dropping this here, but it answers alot of the questions. apparently very few people ever interacted with America at more than a passing glance due to just trying to get their own work done. Attempts were made when the project changed hands to do a Trello and start seriously cutting things, but some stuff was too integrated to remove or too heavily advertised to cut, or people simply didn't know it was there to begin with/threw a hissy fit about it getting cut.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 28, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really hope that this mod hasn't killed Xilandro's drive. They're one for the top modders for New Vegas and I'm impressed with the quality of life changes done for the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I just know I'm going to regret this but I'm gonna ask anyway: The smelly feet thing is a sexual thing, isn't it

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Leal posted:

I just know I'm going to regret this but I'm gonna ask anyway: The smelly feet thing is a sexual thing, isn't it

Written by a guy named ZuTheSkunk? surely not

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhCHVhXhIhk

Big oof on this, talking about the behavior of some of the other devs. Harassment over saying "Hey, I don't think these snake lizard people are very lore friendly" and getting dropped from the mod because he got covid. Seems like Xilandro was a real rear end about it too.

Not terribly surprised, TBH. I saw the comments day 1. The devs piled on anyone who had anything negative to say.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is lore friendliness a requirement for putting snake-lizard people in a mod?

Rad mutations man, they can like, do anything.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 29, 2021

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Meme Poker Party posted:

And if radiation doesn't do it, FEV can

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Meme Poker Party posted:

There were talking lizard people in Fallout 2. One was a party member.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yeah, deathclaws are literally mutant chameleons.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The defense rests.

Snake lizard people: lore friendly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I haven't seen the snake sex stuff, but if it's consensual I care much less about it than the "turned 18 a week ago and you use game mechanics to put a bomb collar on her and she becomes your sex slave" thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meme Poker Party posted:

Yeah of course you would say that you snake loving freak

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Fallout fans seems to have such weird notions about what is or isn't lore friendly, because in most cases all they've played is 3 and onwards.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Obsidian really missed a chance to reintroduce wanamingos in New Vegas.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cooked Auto posted:

Fallout fans seems to have such weird notions about what is or isn't lore friendly, because in most cases all they've played is 3 and onwards.

Either that or they're NMA dwellers who collected every rock in the game multiple times over.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Malleum posted:

Written by a guy named ZuTheSkunk? surely not

I guess the only thing that was actually in the mod from ZuTheSkunk was some actually normal pipboy icon artwork, the weird sex stuff was put in by other people.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

Either that or they're NMA dwellers who collected every rock in the game multiple times over.

This far down the line, it’s pretty clear that No Mutants Allowed was right.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Even if it had no skeevy stuff, the Frontier is janky as hell, and not the dumb fun kind of jank.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Cooked Auto posted:

Or people who played the first two games and have conveniently forgotten all of the parts of the first two games that were, shall we say, Less Than Perfect.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah of course you would say that you snake loving freak

Rude.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Taerkar posted:

Or people who played the first two games and have conveniently forgotten all of the parts of the first two games that were, shall we say, Less Than Perfect.
I have to know what your lore style beefs with F1 are. The intelligent raccoons never even made it into the game!

F2... well, it has a strong core story.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Frontier has an option to challenge the main villain to a game of Caravan if you have the Wild Wasteland perk. That's neat, I guess?

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

drat, parts of this earlier game really sucked, I guess all future games in the series have to suck the same way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

i am tim! posted:

I guess the only thing that was actually in the mod from ZuTheSkunk was some actually normal pipboy icon artwork, the weird sex stuff was put in by other people.

Rimmy's surprisingly in depth look into what happened to the mod supports that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-3YjqXOzhA
It's an interesting watch/listen.

I will give that FO2 has a bit too many easter eggs. Otherwise it's my second favourite Fallout game after FONV.