Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

he hasn't managed to gently caress up anything of importance because he is a flailing retard hth

Yes, I know that. The main things that he's hosed up are the dignity of the presidency and the political goals of his own party.

It's preeeetttyyy neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

There are other factors to consider. Elections are complicated. You attempting to take that thought to its conclusion just doesn't work w/r/t social and political science.

However, it certainly gives them an advantage. Democrats are trying to gain control of statehouses and governorships for this purpose, and the Supreme Court may rule on voting rights issues.

I'm sorry I made fun of your train, the tone of the thread gets to you I suppose :)

Triggered, nice meltdown. Got anything else in that wit quiver of yours? lmbo :thumbsup:

Nice triggering of your meltdown, buttface. Trump is definitely getting a 4D chessboard installed on air Force one as we speak.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Play posted:

Yes, I know that. The main things that he's hosed up are the dignity of the presidency and the political goals of his own party.

It's preeeetttyyy neat!

my dignity!!!!!!!

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

my dignity!!!!!!!

Don't pretend a goon can have dignity

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
next up itt an earnest discussion of the presidencys stolen valour

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Poetic Justice posted:

I made my original post to mostly point out the flawed thinking of the people so convinced that Russia somehow put Trump into the presidency when republicans also swept everything else. People wanted republicans this election and the other wins show that, imo. But that one guy wanted to say it was just because of jerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement, which has an effect, sure, but to write off the success of the republicans this election doesn't seem like a smart idea.

You're right, those were not the only factors and if he said that it was wrong. That being said it's a large part of it. The Dems winning the popular vote in the presidency shows that this "sweep" is actually pretty weak and is mostly gained by jerrymandering. How else would you explain that? And that's why it's important for Dems to actually go after statehouses and governorships because as much as the GOP sucks I will admit that they're crafty in a ratlike way.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

next up itt an earnest discussion of the presidencys stolen valour

wait, what??? link pls

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Play posted:

You're right, those were not the only factors and if he said that it was wrong. That being said it's a large part of it. The Dems winning the popular vote in the presidency shows that this "sweep" is actually pretty weak and is mostly gained by jerrymandering. How else would you explain that? And that's why it's important for Dems to actually go after statehouses and governorships because as much as the GOP sucks I will admit that they're crafty in a ratlike way.

You can't gerrymander the senate or governors. The air of inevitability around the Dems is one of the big things that kills them.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Play posted:

The popular vote is always going to lean more liberal/democratic because of the coasts, more specifically California.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Poetic Justice posted:

I made my original post to mostly point out the flawed thinking of the people so convinced that Russia somehow put Trump into the presidency when republicans also swept everything else. People wanted republicans this election and the other wins show that, imo. But that one guy wanted to say it was just because of jerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement, which has an effect, sure, but to write off the success of the republicans this election doesn't seem like a smart idea.

I look forward to more success

Lol

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Play posted:

wait, what??? link pls

it's here, look at all this stolen valour

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The biggest and scariest thing the Dems should look at this time around is how Trump managed to pull 1 in 4 Latino voters while calling them all rapists and criminals and what would possibly happen if a Marco Rubio-like candidate were to run after him in 4 or 8 years when there are even more Latinos in the voting pool. The Latinos want their Obama moment and they aren't afraid to go to the Republicans to get it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Massachusetts Rep. Michelle DuBois wrote on her Facebook informing illegal immigrants of upcoming ICE raids on March 28th and 29th

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.dubois.52056/posts/10210937367363821

smh

Probably not the smartest move, lol.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 29, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Poetic Justice posted:

Massachusetts Rep. Michelle DuBois wrote on her Facebook informing illegal immigrants of upcoming ICE raids on March 28th and 29th

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.dubois.52056/posts/10210937367363821

smh

Probably not the smartest move, lol.

this seems illegal

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

this seems illegal

She's trying to claim she was posting it so ICE could choose another day because people already know. Just trying to help ICE, you see?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

this seems illegal

Maybe this is their strategy to get the future Latino vote haha

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

this seems illegal

How so?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

obstruction of justice is a crime

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rutibex posted:

obstruction of justice is a crime

An internet rumor she heard? Lol throw all goons in jail asap

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burt Sexual posted:

throw all goons in jail asap

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Burt Sexual posted:

An internet rumor she heard? Lol throw all goons in jail asap

finally a cause i can get behind

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Even if not illegal, it's definitely reckless.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
What a dummy. I can't just expect to move to France and not get deported. Its unfortunate that immigration has been left unchecked for so long. It's going to be such a cluster gently caress trying to figure out how to let people who have built their lives here, stay (they may have broken the law but shame on us for not enforcing it), while kicking out new arrivals.

I understand a lot of people just want to be nasty and kick out all of the Mexicans but I don't see a problem with ICE raids as long as we're kicking out everyone else (Canadians, Europeans or whatever) too. Make them apply for visas and if they're smart let them come back.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Smeed posted:

I understand a lot of people just want to be nasty and kick out all of the Mexicans but I don't see a problem with ICE raids as long as we're kicking out everyone else (Canadians, Europeans or whatever) too. Make them apply for visas and if they're smart let them come back.

epic post/avatar combo.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
"Kick all them furrners out, get off muh Americah"

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Play posted:

And yet look at how much he has managed to gently caress up. In literally every way, often with hilarious results. He is pathetic at doing anything, he is borderline-retarded, he has real actual personality disorders, no one can take him seriously unless they're paid to or unless they are just that stupid. I suppose you fall into the latter category.

I legit pity you, my dude.

Also :lol::lol: at these doofuses posting "triggered " as some sort of masterstroke. The only thing that says is that you're too stupid to come up with something witty, humorous, or persuasive. If that's the case, maybe think harder for a bit and if that doesn't work, I might recommend the Youtube video comments section :)

I'd rather have Trump try to ruin America and fail than have Hillary try to ruin America and succeed.

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
ITT a bunch of rejects who don't understand the infrared spectrum game of Uno being played right now

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Snatch Duster posted:

I'd rather have Trump try to ruin America and fail than have Hillary try to ruin America and succeed.

Hahaha you're a loving idiot

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

Not everyone is a defeatist accerlerationist like you.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jukebox Hero posted:

"Kick all them furrners out, get off muh Americah"

Like every other developed country on the face of the earth doesn't do this including the worldly and cultured, sophisticated European ones "deport zem huh huh huh pour me some more wine and cheese huh huh huh"

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Snatch Duster posted:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Did you know that Trump was good friends with the Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie?

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Smeed posted:

Like every other developed country on the face of the earth doesn't do this including the worldly and cultured, sophisticated European ones "deport zem huh huh huh pour me some more wine and cheese huh huh huh"

So you're saying what ICE is doing is okay? What about the actual crimes going unpunished because the witnesses would be deported? Or are you just supporting casual racism and xenophobia?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

So you're saying what ICE is doing is okay? What about the actual crimes going unpunished because the witnesses would be deported? Or are you just supporting casual racism and xenophobia?

ICE agents are doing their jobs. Maybe those illegal immigrants shouldnt be illegal immigrants if they don't want to get deported.

Ever think of that?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also idk if you know this, but European isn't really a race. There are actual several ethnicities that come from Europa and only one nationality the really enjoy cheese with wine.

I am guessing all the hurr and durrs was an attempt at making frog sounds.is that what offended you?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Snatch Duster posted:

He's succeeded in some parts.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dizz posted:

He's succeeded in some parts.

Yea but can you imagine how much more ruined America would be with Hillary. Man, I can and it's real bad!

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jukebox Hero posted:

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Snatch Duster posted:

ICE agents are doing their jobs. Maybe those illegal immigrants shouldnt be illegal immigrants if they don't want to get deported.

Ever think of that?

Oh you're either too stupid to talk to or just being a dick, I gotcha.

Lol, you think 45's brownshirts are "just doing their jobs" breaking up families and ruining the cheap labor industry, tell me how great it is they "got them drat lazy mexicans out our country" when all the fruit and produce they usually pick suddenly triples in price/vanishes because no white people will pick fruit for twelve hours for five bucks an hour

I'm predicting you'll say something about how you never eat any fresh vegetables or fruit so it doesn't effect you so you don't care about the adverse effects on your fellow man. You've been pretty reliably lovely about an abused underclass that basically makes this stupid country run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I agree that the old wisdom of "don't feed the trolls" is dead but just insult them instead of seriously posting at them

• Locked thread