Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Since I haven't been able to find a better thread for it: Any recommendations on an adjustable sit/stand desk?

Googling around, something like this is what I'm looking for, but I have no idea if that's a good brand/price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Might also consider getting a standing only desk + a stool or drafting chair. Probably makes sense if you're standing the large majority of the time.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Xenoborg posted:

Since I haven't been able to find a better thread for it: Any recommendations on an adjustable sit/stand desk?

Googling around, something like this is what I'm looking for, but I have no idea if that's a good brand/price.

Ghetto solution, but I bought one of these: http://smile.amazon.com/Executive-O...ds=laptop+stand

Then I picked up some industrial strength glue and glued a wood shelf along the top of it. Total cost was around $40ish.

If I ever want to sit, I just take it off my desk.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I have a jarvis desk that I grossly overpaid for, but it's pretty amazing, I highly recommend it.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Xenoborg posted:

A lot of people rave on their uplift desks online, I bought a dual monitor arm from them and it's really nice and not just a branded China copy.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Xenoborg posted:

Get the IKEA Skarsta. $229 for the 47" wide version, $269 for the 63". You have to crank it manually up and down, but it only takes a few seconds. I got the larger version a few months ago and love it. http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/49084965/

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Why not throw my work in progress into the ring.

Budget got eaten up by new pc (behind the modified door) and desk. Next up are new monitors.. as you can see the hp on the right is 1 "the art of manliness" shorter and it looked really odd for driving games when my right side was offset.

Next plan is to continue buying the samsung monitors when they are on sale until I have 3.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Mozi posted:

we built this city

we built this city on sand and piss

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

frogbs posted:

Get the IKEA Skarsta. $229 for the 47" wide version, $269 for the 63". You have to crank it manually up and down, but it only takes a few seconds. I got the larger version a few months ago and love it. http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/49084965/

When did IKEA get these? That'd be perfect for my gfs office (I got one like it off of woot last year) once we get a house this summer

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Tedronai66 posted:

When did IKEA get these? That'd be perfect for my gfs office (I got one like it off of woot last year) once we get a house this summer

I'd say maybe a year or so. We had to watch the stock at our store, I think they're relatively hard to come by.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

frogbs posted:

I'd say maybe a year or so. We had to watch the stock at our store, I think they're relatively hard to come by.

Tried one out in store today, it cranks way better than the one I have. A little more wobbly, but I think that's fixable. Definitely on the short list for a second desk when we get our house.

headlight
Nov 4, 2003

My desk.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

IKEA central! :respek:

Does your Desk wobble much on those legs?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Hollow Talk posted:

IKEA central! :respek:

Does your Desk wobble much on those legs?

I am using that same table as a desk right now. The caps on the bottom of the legs can screw out to eliminate wobble. It works really well in my experience so far which I was worried since my apartment has a uneven floor.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Finally reorganised my desk after some new toy acquisitions.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Ayyyy finally got speaker stands and cleared up desk space

Now I need one of those arm things to suspend my mic, and maybe some way to mount the smaller monitor above the bigger one for maximum desk room.

Also probably should just get a new desk, honestly.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

iajanus posted:

Finally reorganised my desk after some new toy acquisitions.
Are the guts to that Mac Pro original, or have you replaced anything?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm glad you finally found a good use for those Cisco appliances. :haw:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Do you have your mouse sensitivity up really high, or do you just keep picking it up every few inches?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

KillHour posted:

Do you have your mouse sensitivity up really high, or do you just keep picking it up every few inches?

Its high, theres enough space for the cursor to span both screens with a bit left over

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The mac pro is currently as per the factory, but I am formulating plans for when the wife next goes out of town....

The Cisco appliances are actually part of my CCNA training and not just attractive monitor stands... :)

dema
Aug 13, 2006

New setup.

Gaming: 24", 1080p, 144mhz. NCASE M1. Intel Core i5-6600k, EVGA GTX 970, 16G ram, 500G SSD.
Work: 30" S-ISP, MacBook Pro.

8' Gladiator workbench.

dema fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 20, 2016

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.
Looks good. How's that NCASE treating you? I'm thinking about downsizing from a Fractal Define R4 and getting an NCASE or a Cerberus for my next build in a year or two (I've got a bunch of 2+TB 3.5" drives I'm waiting to replace with SSDs when prices come down).

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Good! Super small and looks awesome. Quality kit. Was easy to put together.

I'm running this setup at stock clock speeds and no case fans. Very quiet while on the desktop. Also can't hear it while gaming with headphones. GPU is staying under 80C so far.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Oof, that case is sexy as gently caress. Every time I see a nice case like that I get the urge to build a desktop that I have absolutely no need for. That must be real nice to work in.

Edit: A few weeks ago I was looking for something in one of my drawers and found my old 9700 Pro. It's so tiny compared to today's GPUs that look like car radiators.

Butt Savage fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 20, 2016

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Built a new desk and changed some colors around

http://imgur.com/a/xkehe

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

ColHannibal posted:

what are you using for an amp? very nice cable management.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Butt Savage posted:

Oof, that case is sexy as gently caress. Every time I see a nice case like that I get the urge to build a desktop that I have absolutely no need for. That must be real nice to work in.

Edit: A few weeks ago I was looking for something in one of my drawers and found my old 9700 Pro. It's so tiny compared to today's GPUs that look like car radiators.

No poo poo, I love that case.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

ColHannibal posted:

What's that mini keyboard that has volume and media control poo poo on it?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
That's a max keyboard falcon 8, just some amp I found at a garage sale and repaired hiding in the closet.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
What kind of desk is that?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Etrips posted:

What kind of desk is that?

IKEA butcher block counter and legs.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Can we see the underside of the table? The cable management is mystifying me.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

VagueRant posted:

:yeah:

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Probably just one of these: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30200253/

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Its not as neat as you think it is, and I did not want a cable rack hanging down.

Keep the illusion alive, the solution is mundane and not that pretty to look at.

Nope.

Edit: If you want to believe in Santa do not click on this link.

http://imgur.com/a/T9Ukw

USB hub under desk

ColHannibal fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 1, 2016

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

ColHannibal posted:

Oh my eyes!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ColHannibal posted:

Nope.

USB hub under desk

Well it looks good from above the desk which is really all that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Inspector_666 posted:

Well it looks good from above the desk which is really all that matters.
Your mom's gonna hate it though.