Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

loving idiots. More redundant threads, same shitheads posting in them. These are really the worst posters on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

chiz posted:

loving idiots. More redundant threads, same shitheads posting in them. These are really the worst posters on the internet.

It's a close call between them and the posters over at XDA.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

That picture of Benjy totally looks like he's trying to emulate those "Pickup artist" guys like Mystery.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Jason Kaplan hosting yet another show. Fantastic.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I managed to find a link to the Eric the Midget 2002-2008 clip pack

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Szyznyk posted:

Jason Kaplan hosting yet another show. Fantastic.

I like Jason Kaplan. He and Ralph are, for me, the last two people on the show who seem to have some of the old-school feeling. Jason likes to instigate poo poo, and Ralph will actually disagree with people sometimes. I like those guys.

What, am I the crazy one?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

prefect posted:

I like Jason Kaplan. He and Ralph are, for me, the last two people on the show who seem to have some of the old-school feeling. Jason likes to instigate poo poo, and Ralph will actually disagree with people sometimes. I like those guys.

I don't much like Ralph but the fact that Geek Time gets half decent guests like Wayne Knight and new directors and writers, while Howard re-interviews Chuck-loving-Zito for the hundredth time. It really does spotlight how little effort is going into the show.

Also, gently caress everything about Jason Kaplan.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

prefect posted:

I'd like Jason more if it didn't sound like he was drowning in fat and hair and whine when he talked. You can hear the saturated fat in his voice. Doesn't help he only talks about food and his love of it. Dude gets stomach boners.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

AxeManiac posted:

I'd like Jason more if it didn't sound like he was drowning in fat and hair and whine when he talked. You can hear the saturated fat in his voice. Doesn't help he only talks about food and his love of it. Dude gets stomach boners.

What does his wife look like? He's seriously the most hideous looking person on staff and he has no desire to improve himself physically. It seems like everyone else at least makes an attempt to lose weight once in a while (except maybe Hein, but he just looks fat), but Jason only seems to care about how much mayo is on his Subway sandwich.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I think of this every time I hear Jason Kaplan talk

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

qbert posted:

It seems like everyone else at least makes an attempt to lose weight once in a while (except maybe Hein, but he just looks fat), but Jason only seems to care about how much mayo is on his Subway sandwich.

Kaplan came in second to Benjy in the weight loss contest, but he really porked-up after his wedding. And the thought of Boy Toucher Hein eating McDonalds burgers without condiments continues to disgust me. He wants to taste the meat?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mutt is apparently re-tooling SFN to be more "Howard friendly", including a planned relaunch of the site with new policies in place. I'm sure it will be a blanket ban on anything anti-Howard or anti-Beth.

qbert posted:

What does his wife look like?

Jason's wife is attractive and it's nauseating that she's even with him. GIS of "Jason Kaplan wife" turns up a few hits but there's not much.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

What the gently caress? No offense, but I didn't drive myself insane pulling years of ETM clips for megapacks to have them hosted elsewhere. Please pick them up from https://www.scriptcover.com.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Jason is a weasel but I like him, he adds content, is a good producer and embraces his grossness.

The best is Fred's impression of him :haw:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
The SFN crowd has mostly congregated now at Stern Fans Network dot com and this whole thing has stirred the hornet's nest more than ever. I think Mutt probably shot himself in the foot with regard to the ad revenue he's probably losing out on and will continue to lose out on even if he comes back up as some kind of tightly-moderated thing. :10bux: says he makes you pay :10bux: to register there to ward off trolls.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I still think it's hilarious that Mutt held out for a better offer than $1 million on a relatively valueless website as late as 2006.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Millstone posted:

The SFN crowd has mostly congregated now at Stern Fans Network dot com and this whole thing has stirred the hornet's nest more than ever. I think Mutt probably shot himself in the foot with regard to the ad revenue he's probably losing out on and will continue to lose out on even if he comes back up as some kind of tightly-moderated thing. :10bux: says he makes you pay :10bux: to register there to ward off trolls.

But he'll always be just another hanger-on for Howard Stern, which is certainly the gateway of riches and fame. Just think about it: in a few months, he might be lucky enough to meet up with some nameless B-lister who has a little money. Then his career will be big enough so he can do websites for Joan Rivers or something. Then who will be laughing??

Ether Frenzy posted:

I still think it's hilarious that Mutt held out for a better offer than $1 million on a relatively valueless website as late as 2006.

I think it's even funnier that Howard couldn't run a goddamn forum off of his own website, complete with a guy to censor everything. How much does it really take to run a decent web presence? It certainly isn't a loving million dollars.

That said, how the hell did Eric the loving Midget get enough clout to start shutting down forums and the like?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ether Frenzy posted:

Is this real?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
The only thing I heard in regards to that is that Johnny Fratto offered that kind or money at some point, but I highly doubt he was completely for real.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I went to SFN and there is a big note saying he shut the site down for maintenance and will be transferring stuff over to a new server and something about hopefully only nice fans join back up when it is all over.

Johnny Fratto is never real, he hangs out with an rear end in a top hat midget, he doesn't have a million dollars to throw at a website when he is busy bleeding nickles out of a butterball.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Indolent Bastard posted:

I don't much like Ralph but the fact that Geek Time gets half decent guests like Wayne Knight and new directors and writers, while Howard re-interviews Chuck-loving-Zito for the hundredth time. It really does spotlight how little effort is going into the show.

Also, gently caress everything about Jason Kaplan.
It's not even effort.
It's this insane mindset from Howard where lots of guests "aren't right for the show" or not people he's friends with.

I understand there are a lot of people who are more entertaining than famous, but how many bullshit stories from Chuck Zito could we possibly need?

The boys had to beg to finally let Seth MacFarlane on and regardless of how you view his talent he is far more relevant than most of the comedians they have.

What's really weird is the musicians they get on the show.
Even including friends of the show like Daryll Hall, that group is on average the most relevant.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

That said, how the hell did Eric the loving Midget get enough clout to start shutting down forums and the like?

AxeManiac posted:

I went to SFN and there is a big note saying he shut the site down for maintenance and will be transferring stuff over to a new server and something about hopefully only nice fans join back up when it is all over.

Yea, pretty much what happened. He was probably looking for an excuse to take down the site for a few days to do some maintenance and this gave him the perfect reason. Nothing Howard or especially Eric did caused any of this to come about, I think.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
Yeah it's even crazy that Howard wouldn't interview someone like Dog the Bounty Hunter. I know he isn't super-famous or anything and he kind of fell off, but he's probably got a ton of interesting stories that couldn't be shown on his TV show. Way more interesting than "David Arquette is on the phone"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Dog would probably be an amazing interview. He has a criminal past, his family is huge and odd, he's had all kinds of family problems(deaths, arrests, etc) and he probably has enough bounty hunting stories for a month's worth of shows.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Dog would probably be an amazing interview. He has a criminal past, his family is huge and odd, he's had all kinds of family problems(deaths, arrests, etc) and he probably has enough bounty hunting stories for a month's worth of shows.

True, but you know the only thing Howard would ask him about would be his freakout over his daughter and that black guy.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I think it's hilarious that you believed it.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

I think it's hilarious that you believed it.

Head over to flippa.com and look at what websites go for on there. With the traffic that Mutt has I can easily see his site going for a few hundred grand with no questions asked. I realize that a million is different but it's most definitely worth a lot of cash.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

-Atom- posted:

I can't believe Mutt closed SFN.

Today is a good day.

Mutt seems to be kind of a weirdo, and I think the only thing that separates him from the wack pack is a steady paycheck.

Remember when Sal was sniffing his step-daughter's underwear? What kind of parent makes a joke out of that the way Mutt did?

Assuming that story was real, of course.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Moniker posted:

...With the traffic that Mutt has I can easily see his site going for a few hundred GGGRRRRRAAAAAAAANNNDDDDDDD with no questions asked.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

bisticles posted:

"Moniker posted:

...With the traffic that Mutt has I can easily see his site going for a few hundred GGGRRRRRAAAAAAAANNNDDDDDDD with no questions asked.

"While Mutt and Jon Hein eat caviar paid for by the sale of their websites, poor little Eric the Midget and the JFSC mods limp along on macaroni and cheese washed down with store-brand soda pop!"

nmfnl
Jul 28, 2004

So Howard can only be bothered working 3 days a week for people who actually pay to hear him, but will now be a judge on America's Got Talent and probably dilute the show even more (if possible).

I've tried to be upbeat about the state of the show but I think this is it, I can't handle non-stop America's Got Talent talk all the time. Subscriptions up in January, and I'll be cancelling.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I'm intrigued, I'll say that. Probably going to turn it off after 5 minutes but we'll see.

Also the hardcore SFNers must be dying right now. I bet there are people already thinking Howard got Mutt to shut the site down for a few days for this announcement to happen so he wouldn't be bombarded with hate or some other crackpot theory.

I searched Twitter for "Howard Stern" and the top images are of a random baby and Benjy in his new schtick look. I'm not sure what to make of that.

e: and this

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 15, 2011

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

nmfnl posted:

So Howard can only be bothered working 3 days a week for people who actually pay to hear him, but will now be a judge on America's Got Talent and probably dilute the show even more (if possible).

I've tried to be upbeat about the state of the show but I think this is it, I can't handle non-stop America's Got Talent talk all the time. Subscriptions up in January, and I'll be cancelling.

Oh poo poo - did he actually confirm it? I can't listen at work!

Edit: listening on my iPhone with my ear almost to the speaker. He did indeed confirm he is joining the show.

I will tune in for a bit even though I don't watch shows like that. I would imagine that the radio show will suffer immensely from this, as suggested.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 15, 2011

nmfnl
Jul 28, 2004

Kelly posted:

Oh poo poo - did he actually confirm it? I can't listen at work!

Yup, he signed the papers on the air this morning. Starts filming in February.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

nmfnl posted:

Yup, he signed the papers on the air this morning. Starts filming in February.

Does AGT move around in the early rounds like American Idol, or is it stationery? Even if it moves to NYC, that would still be a problem in the former scenario.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Kelly posted:

Does AGT move around in the early rounds like American Idol, or is it stationery? Even if it moves to NYC, that would still be a problem in the former scenario.

From what I can tell, the show (and Howard) will be traveling around the country for the first few 'rounds' of the show.

nmfnl
Jul 28, 2004

Kelly posted:

I don't know how the show works, never seen it. But from what I heard I gather he'll be traveling around for auditions to various cities, and then be in Vegas for a week for a 'boot camp' whatever that is, and then the live shows will be shot in New York.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

nmfnl posted:

Good luck. Make sure you do it before it autorenews. Even if you didn't sign a contract or make an agreement - their policy is to charge you for service you didn't order, then attempt to extort you for the money, and eventually send you to collections.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

Good luck. Make sure you do it before it autorenews. Even if you didn't sign a contract or make an agreement - their policy is to charge you for service you didn't order, then attempt to extort you for the money, and eventually send you to collections.

Yes, they will not give money back even if they mistakenly charged you. It's a pretty terrible bunch of people over there in that department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/12/15/howard-stern-announces-hes-signing-americas-got-talent-contract/?mod=google_news_blog is this true?