Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Does anyone else think that the game is generally more fun at lower levels? Mobs hit so loving hard at 80+ that I feel like my character gets exponentially weaker as I level rather than stronger. I'm enjoying my little 2-box of chanter and druid on AB now who are in the mid-40s. Currently in Acrylia but can anyone suggest any good 40-60 zones for a young duo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Rapacity posted:

Does anyone else think that the game is generally more fun at lower levels? Mobs hit so loving hard at 80+ that I feel like my character gets exponentially weaker as I level rather than stronger. I'm enjoying my little 2-box of chanter and druid on AB now who are in the mid-40s. Currently in Acrylia but can anyone suggest any good 40-60 zones for a young duo?

I have had that feeling, but one thing I feel changes, some for the better, some not, at high levels is that you can cast a lot more spells before running out of juice. Now, the downside to that is that enemies get so many hit points that even massive nukes up in the 6-digit range don't move the HP bar like one would want. I can't blame you for feeling that way, though - I did at first.

I was root-nuking those treant dudes, Light Blue cons, in Valley last night on my 100 enchanter. More than once I would take a mob from full to less than 2/3 with one nuke, but then I realised that in order to do that I had to basically land a Twincast double crit with Mana Repercussion up. It is easy to get Twincasts as an enchanter by using that one mez that forces them, but it is still hard to get a double crit and the best enchanter nuke at 100 is a mana whore.

Long story short, EQ has never done a very good job of making each player feel powerful on his own apart from perhaps swarm pulling, HSing etc

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Rapacity posted:

I too love the low to mid end levelling. You progress quickly and it's so lovely casual. That being said, there is a huge dead spot from around level 65 to 80 where the gear upgrades you can realistically get (Defiant) don't match the increase in power the mobs have, unless you stick to severely older content, like Luclin and below. Even PoP mobs can smash your rear end at level 70 with full Defiant.

At 80 you're not even remotely ready for level 80 content (HoT or Underfoot), so you pretty much have to grind to high 80's if not 90, and buy gear, in order to be able to cope. At that stage though, particularly when boxing, I do remember feeling that T1 HoT (such as the new Feerrott) becomes a borderline cakewalk, which is of course also a nice feeling. You just gotta stick to it!.

A zone I would recommend at your level is Howling Stones. It's easy, it's old school, and it's fun to get those once-awesome drops like Bloodpoint, Sash of the Dragonborn, etc. You can start around level 45 and continue until level 55 - you just go from wing to wing, as they increase in difficulty (North, West, South then finally East if I remember correctly). You can also do City of Mist, which is amazing from around lvl 40 til 50.

Alternatives include Karnor's or Sebilis, although they are not nearly as good xp as Howling Stones. Still, I'd do a dungeon crawl or two in them for the fun and sake of variation.

At 55, go to The Hole, the bottom level, which again has great XP and good vendor drops that sell for a lot of platinum.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Good advice above. What makes it worse is that the level 80 armour designed to help people transition to the hard-hitting, high-HP mobs of House of Thule, is kind of hard to come by. The components needed to make it are slot-specific and no-drop, and the combines are kind or pricey with the end product being class specific. Later on, with Rustic and Fear-Touched and so on, the drops themselves are tradeable and sellable. Rustic is annoying due to the templates, but come Fear-Touched at 92 they got wise and made it so that all you need to make your class-specific armour is the drop, e.g. Fear-Touched Boots, and a container bought off of an NPC vendor in Argath. They kept this system up in later expansions, and good on them for doing so. The high-level game is so brutal and this game so ludicrously gear-dependant that that is a small but necessary concession.

I am actually thinking of having a go at a cleric and warrior 2-box with rogue and wizard mercenaries as accompaniment. I know that tank mercs are godly at low to early-mid levels and for power purposes it would make more sense to have two tanks for DPS even if my PC warrior were tanking, but I quite like the idea of having the 4 core classes of the game working as one. I am a very clumsy 3-or-more boxer, but I do well enough with 2. One of my guildmates gave me the cleric breastplate from Trakanon back in Kunark. It has unlimited charges of Complete Heal starting at level 45, but the casting time is 30 seconds. That is not a typo, 30 seconds. That was so hilarious that I had to have one, and it's good twink gear anyway.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Yeah, I've been searching for dream motes for 2 weeks on the bazaar and haven't seen one.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Pilsner posted:

Fear not, I just updated ZlizUI for the latest patch. :)

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417

Nice UI.

What robe is Zliz wearing?

Thanks

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Pilsner posted:

Hmm, can you post a screenshot? Also, do you have the "Keep my layout" checkbox checked?

There's nothing special about the UI, it's like any other, technically speaking.

A little semi-related bonus tip: Window positions and sizes are stored separately in windowed mode and in full screen. Make sure you're not accidentially juggling between the two modes by a hotkey or such.

I ended up just moving the windows around on my main character's UI, but took a screenshot of what happens when I load the UI:

This is without checking "Keep my layout". Also there is no juggling going on between windowed and fullscreen, I am always running windowed mode.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

JustJeff88 posted:

Good advice above. What makes it worse is that the level 80 armour designed to help people transition to the hard-hitting, high-HP mobs of House of Thule, is kind of hard to come by. The components needed to make it are slot-specific and no-drop, and the combines are kind or pricey with the end product being class specific. Later on, with Rustic and Fear-Touched and so on, the drops themselves are tradeable and sellable. Rustic is annoying due to the templates, but come Fear-Touched at 92 they got wise and made it so that all you need to make your class-specific armour is the drop, e.g. Fear-Touched Boots, and a container bought off of an NPC vendor in Argath. They kept this system up in later expansions, and good on them for doing so. The high-level game is so brutal and this game so ludicrously gear-dependant that that is a small but necessary concession.

I am actually thinking of having a go at a cleric and warrior 2-box with rogue and wizard mercenaries as accompaniment. I know that tank mercs are godly at low to early-mid levels and for power purposes it would make more sense to have two tanks for DPS even if my PC warrior were tanking, but I quite like the idea of having the 4 core classes of the game working as one. I am a very clumsy 3-or-more boxer, but I do well enough with 2. One of my guildmates gave me the cleric breastplate from Trakanon back in Kunark. It has unlimited charges of Complete Heal starting at level 45, but the casting time is 30 seconds. That is not a typo, 30 seconds. That was so hilarious that I had to have one, and it's good twink gear anyway.

The problem with 2 boxing is the same as soloing, very few combinations of classes can actually do it effectively. PC warrior won't hold agro above merc till like level 70.

Warriors and cleric are really good at keeping people from dying, but relying on merc dps will get harder and harder to kill stuff. This is all moot if all you want to do is grind HAs, though since you can just steamroll most of them.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

darkhand posted:

The problem with 2 boxing is the same as soloing, very few combinations of classes can actually do it effectively. PC warrior won't hold agro above merc till like level 70.

Warriors and cleric are really good at keeping people from dying, but relying on merc dps will get harder and harder to kill stuff. This is all moot if all you want to do is grind HAs, though since you can just steamroll most of them.

I am just mucking about with a 2-class combo that are barely seen anymore outside of raids. I am not a serious boxer in the least and have no concerns about the high-level game right now. One thing I admire about EQ is having 16 classes, all of which feel quite unique, and I like exploring them. Cleric and especially warrior are not nearly so bland as they used to be.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Im running a few different characters on test along with some friends and am planning on taking on cox and nag soon with a cleric monk mage and mercs. Any tips? Do I need to pick up some resist gear, and if so is that even a thing I can buy on test?

My other chars are a necro and a druid but theyre both too high. My buddys running a wizard ench and sk combo and we have a beastlord who sometimes pops in. We are currently knocking around old school dungeons for nostalgia. Clearing seb atm and working on hate and fear.

What other spots can we plan on running either solo or as a small group and at what levels? We both did high end raiding through luclin and want to revisit our old stomping grounds.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
So, I friggin loved Everquest. I played from 1999 to Cat people release, then I said screw the moon people and left, came back for PoP cuz I was like MORE DRAGONS?! Played off and on until DoDH? Maybe the Expac after? I remember Pirates...

Anyway, I have a Monk that I heroic'd, was my main character on Stromm (Now Luclin). The thing is, I was 11 when I started Monk, I just wanted to be a badass and punch poo poo.

Now, I have tanked every single MMO since WoW, and I don't know if I would enjoy Monk as much. Plus, this character is very nostaglic and still have people that knows the name.

I have a 2nd SoE account, that I made for DCUO release, that has lifetime All Access Pass (lifetime DCUO sub) and I was thinking of buying Heroic character for that account (over 30k SC saved). Reading through the thread, it sounds like there are 50 knights, 5000 necros/mages and pretty much nothing else. I would kinda like to roll a warrior then.

A few questions; is there race XP penalty? or a preferred race (ogre immunity is gainable through AAs right?) I have been a fan of Iksar, but I dunno? Can I solo level to 100? 105? With zero plat, can I gear up while leveling? What may I have missed? Is there any benefit to leveling on the account with no sub?

Sorry for long story. Ill follow up with any questions. Thanks a ton.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Every class is good, most are fun to play. Warrior is not solo friendly at all, but if the server supports a lot of groups you can just tank poo poo for people in a group. Gearing is also a lot easier now adays with buyable augs.

F2P is dogshit, but you can have a semi-respectable bard box through f2p, maybe a caster box. (A warrior+bard is still terrible)

There's a lot of knights because they are fun to play and can solo old poo poo, or grind AAs without needing help from others. But for how ever many knights there are, there are still TONS of dps players always looking for groups.

A lot of dumb bullshit like corpse runs and XP penalties are gone. You still lose xp from dying, but it's trivial to res yourself now.

You can get gear pretty easy while leveling up, either through global drops, the bazaar or grinding adventure currency.

Don't worry about what other people are playing, most people are straight terrible. If you like necro or SK or mage or whatever and Get Good you can find groups or do your own thing.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 28, 2015

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Edit: Thanks for quick reply!

Main reason I asked about class population is because I love tanking and raiding. If I were to get a little serious about Evercrack again, I would want to raid. From reading this thread, its possible for knights to MT, but it sounds like Warriors would make matters easier. I probably would prefer a knight, but I wouldn't want to compete for roles with people who haven't stopped playing since the turn on the century.

I could use my main account, the f2p one, for an afk bard? would 1 healer merc and 1 wizard merc with afk bard and playing warrior be able to deal? Should I try like Shaman on the f2p account for slows and buffs? How does Power leveling work? could I take a mob to 10% and FD on my main monk and have my warrior kill the mob for full xp?

Picking a race is gonna be the hardest part.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 28, 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Unless your guild has a drought of warriors for some reason, they will always be the main tank. They're overpowered as gently caress now, in group and raid content. Knights are for adds and support.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

FranktheBank posted:

Main reason I asked about class population is because I love tanking and raiding. If I were to get a little serious about Evercrack again, I would want to raid. From reading this thread, its possible for knights to MT, but it sounds like Warriors would make matters easier. I probably would prefer a knight, but I wouldn't want to compete for roles with people who haven't stopped playing since the turn on the century.

I could use my main account, the f2p one, for an afk bard? would 1 healer merc and 1 wizard merc with afk bard and playing warrior be able to deal? Should I try like Shaman on the f2p account for slows and buffs? How does Power leveling work? could I take a mob to 10% and FD on my main monk and have my warrior kill the mob for full xp?

War/bard + healer/caster merc probably wouldn't be too bad until 75+ I'd guess. You can totally get a mob low and feign and kill it with someone else for xp, too.

e: It'd be a bit dull since a bard box and a warrior is basically just auto attack and /melody but I guess it'd work.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
It is not knights so much as SKs. 40% of everyone, and this is at most a mild exaggeration, is a mage or an SK. Nobody plays zerkers because they are grim apart from specific kinds of raids. Warriors are semi-uncommon and clerics are, again, only for raids now as everyone would rather have a merc do it in most content. Druids are rare, shaman are buffbots at most, necros are quite common. I am an enchanter and we are quite rare now despite being a well-balanced class in most areas with a lot of utility. Rangers are still popular despite the HS nerf, rogues are pretty popular too. Bards are just songbots these days which, as someone who was barding back in Velious before /melody even, makes me very sad.

At this point, I say play anything but a mage or SK. People bitched about the big mage nerf to Beams a few years ago, but some people will play 3 mages in the same group. If there was decent class balance, you would not see 2 out of 16 classes making up no less than 1/4 of the population.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I'm pretty much sold on the Warrior, at least for a while. Heroic puts me at lvl 85 right? Should I just do that? If I do, can a cleric merc + bard bot + another merc take me to 100?

Is doing Gloomingdeep the quickest way to level at the start, if I dont heroic?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

FranktheBank posted:

If you want to raid and you want to tank, your choices are Warrior or Paladin. Warriors have always been the raid tank in EQ, and it's not changing any time soon. A lot of the current bosses hit for so much that you NEED to be be a warrior using a disc to not get randomly one rounded. Paladins aren't really used as MTs, but on most servers, any paladin who can log in in for raid times and knows how to twincast splash will be in the top 10 paladins for that server.

There are no racial EXP penalties. Halflings have a +5% bonus and sneak, Iksar have more ac, Drakkin have a lovely breath weapon, and ogres have frontal stun immunity. Stun immunity can be bought with AAs. The Iksar AC bonus is less than the AC in one aug. The racial perks have all been depreciated so much that it really doesn't matter which race you pick. The most popular in high end guilds is going to be Iksar, because it gives you a bonus on your Magelo rankings.

FranktheBank posted:

I'm pretty much sold on the Warrior, at least for a while. Heroic puts me at lvl 85 right? Should I just do that? If I do, can a cleric merc + bard bot + another merc take me to 100?

Is doing Gloomingdeep the quickest way to level at the start, if I dont heroic?
Go with a heroic character if you have SC saved up, it's really worth it.

The tutorial is good for catching up on things you may have forgotten, but if you have multiple characters, any kind of PLing will be much faster. At 85+ War/brd +clr/wiz mercs will be able to get you through most of the RoF content. Some of the aug camps might be too hard for you, but you should be able to gear a war to about 90% without too much of a problem.

Rough path at 85+ will be to do the HoT zones, following the HC quest lines to low 90s, then move into Shard's Landing in RoF. Keep following RoF zones to 100. Mostly skipping the VoA T3 and T4 zones till you're above their expected levels.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 28, 2015

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
What server should I choose?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Anything that isn't Test, Firiona Vie, Fippy, Vulak, Trakanon, or Zek.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I've gotta stop clicking on eq threads...

Too late, I got sucked back in but whoa I am having a ton of fun this go round after upgrading old characters to heroic with leftover station cash. Anguish gear ain't what it used to be.

Been playing the HoT expansion since it felt about right level wise, and im just about done with the t2 armor sets, but I wanted to ask:

Since I really don't know wtf I am doing with the modern game, is there anything gear/skill wise I should work on? I would like to get ahold of better monk and warrior weapons and some beefy augs, I think. I can't reuse my type 8 augs and most of the ones I am getting from group tasks are pretty chintzy.

My chars are lvl 90 at this point, but I haven't really paid attention to recent changes and I'm sure I'm ignorant to new features for both casters and melee.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on any obvious have to haves, have to do's and all that poo poo.

Thanks in advance.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Dunno what server you new guys are playing on but if you want to play on test i can help you with alot of stuff, perks of test are 100% xp bonus, gold access, all veteran rewards and everything but newest expansion for free

Negatives of test are that theres never been a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Im on +2 GMT time zone but usually in the goon channel on at least one character so just ask for help if you need it

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Is the test channel still goontest? I'm playing on test also but can't get in - there's a password set.

edit: nm, I guessed the password

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I am on Test, admittedly largely due to the fact that I am not paying for poo poo, and it is fine. The population is not very high for some reason, the grind is much less ridiculous, and people tend to be very generous despite there being relatively little for sale in the bazaar. People in General tend to act like tits, but I fancy that that is the case for all servers. I would say that Test, though you cannot transfer off of it, is a good starting point for a new(er) player to get his feet wet.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Keystoned posted:

Is the test channel still goontest? I'm playing on test also but can't get in - there's a password set.

edit: nm, I guessed the password

That isnt it, we're in /join serverwide.gchat:fygm

I'll be serious for a minute and list the real pros and cons of test, pros are the 100% xp bonus, all vet rewards granted, no subscription cost, all expacs but the newest free, you can /testcopy your character from a live server and it makes a copy on test so you dont actually lose anything on your live character, it also lets you abuse the marketplace and bazaar by buying stuff on a real server like trade skill, quest items or heirloom items and using /testcopy to give yourself infinite amounts on test.

Theres also something Id say is the majority of test players now called raid copies, to sum it up theres a few guys on FV server where almost everything is droppable who will log on your account and temporarily put a ton of top end raid gear, xp potions, spells, whatever on your character and /testcopy it so you get it on test, they charge about 5 US dollars if you know how to buy kronos online and not from Daybreak. Theres a goon who also sells kronos for cheap. Considering a regular one time use xp potion costs more than 5 US dollars you can see why at least half of test is raid copies now.

Now the cons of test are, the player base is extremely stupid, theres no raid scene that wont make you want to kill yourself irl, theres no economy because you can /testcopy everything important and raid copies come with everything they need, people on live will rightfully look down on you for being a filthy, talentless raid copy who doesnt know how to play their character, and you have gold access but you cant actually petition anything unless youre a subscriber, but even if you are subbed they dont help people on live servers anymore either so youre mileage may vary

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Herv posted:

What robe is Zliz wearing?

Thanks
I believe that was a Robe of Living Fungus I put on for show.

unoplank posted:

I ended up just moving the windows around on my main character's UI, but took a screenshot of what happens when I load the UI:

This is without checking "Keep my layout". Also there is no juggling going on between windowed and fullscreen, I am always running windowed mode.
If you don't keep that checked, I don't have a clue what logic goes on in placing the windows. There are no window positions stored in the UI's files, only in your own .ini files. Try keeping it checked and see.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Pilsner posted:

If you don't keep that checked, I don't have a clue what logic goes on in placing the windows. There are no window positions stored in the UI's files, only in your own .ini files. Try keeping it checked and see.

I've tried both ways with the same results. I'm still using the UI, just had to move everything around where I wanted it. Thanks for the UI!

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Are there any good AA guides out there? I've searched but there is so much old stuff it's hard to tell what's relevant anymore. I'm looking for necros specifically.

Also I was afk'ing while my mercs were cleaning up earlier and happened to be at the computer when a lvl 105 came running by, pops up a trade window and hands you 1,000,000 plat, so I guess I'm set for a while!

On test of course.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

That isnt it, we're in /join serverwide.gchat:fygm

I'll be serious for a minute and list the real pros and cons of test, pros are the 100% xp bonus, all vet rewards granted, no subscription cost, all expacs but the newest free, you can /testcopy your character from a live server and it makes a copy on test so you dont actually lose anything on your live character, it also lets you abuse the marketplace and bazaar by buying stuff on a real server like trade skill, quest items or heirloom items and using /testcopy to give yourself infinite amounts on test.

Theres also something Id say is the majority of test players now called raid copies, to sum it up theres a few guys on FV server where almost everything is droppable who will log on your account and temporarily put a ton of top end raid gear, xp potions, spells, whatever on your character and /testcopy it so you get it on test, they charge about 5 US dollars if you know how to buy kronos online and not from Daybreak. Theres a goon who also sells kronos for cheap. Considering a regular one time use xp potion costs more than 5 US dollars you can see why at least half of test is raid copies now.

Now the cons of test are, the player base is extremely stupid, theres no raid scene that wont make you want to kill yourself irl, theres no economy because you can /testcopy everything important and raid copies come with everything they need, people on live will rightfully look down on you for being a filthy, talentless raid copy who doesnt know how to play their character, and you have gold access but you cant actually petition anything unless youre a subscriber, but even if you are subbed they dont help people on live servers anymore either so youre mileage may vary

I can't argue with most of this. I still think Test is a good, free, teeth-cutting environment, speaking as someone who has a level 101 character that he made and levelled on Test. If anyone wants to try Test I can probably help you out quite a bit, especially warriors.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
You guys are making me consider heroic'ing a warrior and copying to test lol

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

JustJeff88 posted:

I can't argue with most of this. I still think Test is a good, free, teeth-cutting environment, speaking as someone who has a level 101 character that he made and levelled on Test. If anyone wants to try Test I can probably help you out quite a bit, especially warriors.

I play on test too, just wanted to be 100% honest about what goons should expect if they play with us

Keystoned posted:

Are there any good AA guides out there? I've searched but there is so much old stuff it's hard to tell what's relevant anymore. I'm looking for necros specifically.

Also I was afk'ing while my mercs were cleaning up earlier and happened to be at the computer when a lvl 105 came running by, pops up a trade window and hands you 1,000,000 plat, so I guess I'm set for a while!

On test of course.

That was me, I can give you necro AA advice in the channel, there arent really any guides to modern EQ anymore, even evilgamer and safehouse are mostly really outdated guides

FranktheBank posted:

You guys are making me consider heroic'ing a warrior and copying to test lol

Dont heroic a character to play on test, spend less money and just buy a few krono from jetzor instead, sell those krono on FV for 1 million PP each, use a portion of it to pay for a raid copy, I can get you to 85 in an hour, then youll have everything you need without actually giving money to a shady Russian oil company and youll still have a few million PP to use on FV to testcopy more stuff you want

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 28, 2015

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Dont heroic a character to play on test, spend less money and just buy a few krono from jetzor instead, sell those krono on FV for 1 million PP each, use a portion of it to pay for a raid copy, I can get you to 85 in an hour, then youll have everything you need without actually giving money to a shady Russian oil company and youll still have a few million PP to use on FV to testcopy more stuff you want

Wait what?

Can I buy Krono with SC? Just make a character on FV, sell the Krono (i assume its a tradeable thing?) and buy whatever I want? Do I have to level first, or just buy items on a lvl 1 character?

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

You cant buy krono with SC, the Daybreak way is to pay them $18 for a krono, the real way is to pay somebody like Jetzor who sells them almost half of that. You then sell that krono for 1 million PP on FV using a level 1 character, give 700,000pp of it to someone named Sseventya for a raid copy of whatever character you want, pocket the 300,000 or more left over for testcopying future stuff you want. Sseventya also does a buy 2 get 1 copy free deal, so you can pay 1.4 million pp for 3 copies, or around 12 to 15 US dollars which isnt even half of what a heroic character goes for

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

You cant buy krono with SC, the Daybreak way is to pay them $18 for a krono, the real way is to pay somebody like Jetzor who sells them almost half of that. You then sell that krono for 1 million PP on FV using a level 1 character, give 700,000pp of it to someone named Sseventya for a raid copy of whatever character you want, pocket the 300,000 or more left over for testcopying future stuff you want. Sseventya also does a buy 2 get 1 copy free deal, so you can pay 1.4 million pp for 3 copies, or around 12 to 15 US dollars which isnt even half of what a heroic character goes for

Ill def look into that. How do you buy the krono from someone? is it a paypal thing? for the /testcopy, they just loan me the items and i give them back after i copy?

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Yes with paypal, jetzor will see this if you want to buy from him and you two can work it out, after you have the kronos sold contact someone on FV named Sseventya, you have to give him your account info and he will log onto it and copy it, he wont give it to you to copy because its literally thousands of RL dollars worth of stuff hes putting on it to copy, obviously you should set up a neutral password and not the same one you use for your paypal even tho I really doubt he would even try something like that.

A tip is to make sure your name is available on both FV and test before you copy it or there will be the letter E added to the end of your name or EX if the E is already taken too

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

FranktheBank posted:

Ill def look into that. How do you buy the krono from someone? is it a paypal thing? for the /testcopy, they just loan me the items and i give them back after i copy?

Yeah, through paypal to buy kronos. My gmail and steamid are the same as my username.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

That was me, I can give you necro AA advice in the channel, there arent really any guides to modern EQ anymore, even evilgamer and safehouse are mostly really outdated guides

Oh, awesome. Thank you very much! Sorry I didn't have the aoe spell you wanted me to cast. My spellbook was such a mess from the auto lvl to 25 that I just started mass deleting spells to try and make sense of it. I did get a bunch of exp from that massive train you pulled to me though so thanks again!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

I play on test too, just wanted to be 100% honest about what goons should expect if they play with us

Fair enough. I consider Test to be my home server and would not want to play anywhere else, so I just look at Test as "the server upon which I play" and not "the Test server, which is weird and different." The thought of having to go back to experience coming in at a crawl, scrabbling for basic money and gear, and paying a monthly fee to play an ancient game is not a jolly one for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Test is the perfect server to log on and play for nostalgia and practice boxing. Unfortunately if anyone wants to do "Serious" end game, it's not going to happen there. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

si
Apr 26, 2004
You guys are making me want to log into test and gently caress around again. Unfortunately I couldn't really ever find anyone to do anything with. If you guys are going to start up and are in an overlapping play time to me, I'd maybe un-mothball a char or two to do some group content stuff.