Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Title is worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791577&pagenumber=2#post466029135

lol

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

As lovely as Tynan is, this seems like a kinda extreme reaction :stare:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hi everyone I'm bisexual, how does this game compare to prison architect?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

no post in like a month and a half in that lp anyways

edit: lol

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Tynan will implement Bisexual men in A16 but each year they have a 10% chance to turn gay this is a fair and realistic compromise.

lol

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Control Volume posted:

Hi everyone I'm bisexual, how does this game compare to prison architect?

No bisexual mans allowed! (If you're a lady that's cool, tho. As long as you're not straight.)

It's similar in that you don't have direct control over your characters (outside of combat, which controls like a tiny RTS), and you're trying to fulfill physical and emotional needs for your colonists. Priorities for jobs are used instead of scheduling. There tend to be more external threats, rather than internal ones, though of course your colonists will have breakdowns and binges and rampages if you ignore their needs.

As far as being an early access title, they don't seem to have quite the update rate of PA, but there are real changes and it seems like it's being worked on at a steady rate. It's like PA in that it's already fun and there's enough game there to be worth it, and it seems likely to get better.

e: In case it's not clear, I really like them both. The scale is a bit smaller here, but the construction tends to be a bit more varied.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's good if you like building little houses for your pixelmans, fighting off wankers who want to kill/steal from you, and if you enjoy posting about how the game offends your sensibilities while also discussing the optimal order to extract organs from prisoners without killing them.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:lol:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hahahahahaha aahahahah

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Title change made me pop back into the thread for a look, that was a pro loving click. :stare:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ABen posted:

No bisexual mans allowed! (If you're a lady that's cool, tho. As long as you're not straight.)

It's similar in that you don't have direct control over your characters (outside of combat, which controls like a tiny RTS), and you're trying to fulfill physical and emotional needs for your colonists. Priorities for jobs are used instead of scheduling. There tend to be more external threats, rather than internal ones, though of course your colonists will have breakdowns and binges and rampages if you ignore their needs.

As far as being an early access title, they don't seem to have quite the update rate of PA, but there are real changes and it seems like it's being worked on at a steady rate. It's like PA in that it's already fun and there's enough game there to be worth it, and it seems likely to get better.

e: In case it's not clear, I really like them both. The scale is a bit smaller here, but the construction tends to be a bit more varied.

Cool I'll have to keep this game in mind when it's completed. I'm guessing the internal stuff leads to dwarf fortress style base breakdowns?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

"This LP will be closed on account of moral outrage and definitely not because I'm a lazy sack who hasn't posted in a month"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ChickenWing posted:

"This LP will be closed on account of moral outrage and definitely not because I'm a lazy sack who hasn't posted in a month"

yeah its so hilariously transparantly that dick looking for a reason to stop an LP he got bored n tired of doing

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also I'm glad that people are defending the existence of bisexuals everywhere on the internet by refusing to update a let's play. A social movement I can get behind

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Disgusting Coward posted:

Anyway, I just had a colonist die because he wouldn't stop sleeping in the freezer. He had a bed, assigned to him, in a nice room that was accessible, but he kept falling asleep in the freezer and eventually the frostbite got him. If I locked the freezer he'd go to his own bed, but as soon as I unlocked it [cause you know, food] he'd be straight back in there for a powernap. I never even got to find out his sexual orientation. What's up with that?

Was it overwhelmingly hot in all the other rooms?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

[notices confederate flag T-shirt in the hamper] yeah, this laundry's not getting done, sorry folks

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Omg, the new thread title rules

Anyway I think Tynan should put even more of his dumb ideas about sexuality and relationships into the game. If we can end up with colonists getting "Carried a printer 200 tiles and didn't even get a hug" moods, the game will be in a good place

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,someone changed my avatar. Very funny,guys. If I admit I'm a horrible human being,will you stop loving with my avatar?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
i just farted so hard it cracked my back

should that be a + or - moodlet

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Lunethex posted:

i just farted so hard it cracked my back

should that be a + or - moodlet

In a little pain (-1)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

In a little pain (-1)

Catharsis (+20)

Control Volume posted:

Cool I'll have to keep this game in mind when it's completed. I'm guessing the internal stuff leads to dwarf fortress style base breakdowns?

Sort of though the ability to actually step in and manually control your colonists adds a pleasing dimension to tantrum spirals, they are generally dealt with the same way external threats are, you use your other colonists to either arrest, avoid, or try to look after the afflicted ones.

Also the relationships system means that mood problems can be very heavily confined to certain colonists, in my experience it seems like it's less of a colony wide meltdown and more that some people just go off on one.

I keep coming back to the reality TV metaphor but it really does feel like you're managing a colony full of big brother contestants who just like creating loving drama all the time and throw completely inappropriate fits about the dumbest stuff, yeah I know you're hungry, the reason you're hungry is because your dumb pyro loving arse set fire to the nutri paste dispenser because you can't control the flame maaaaaan and now everyone's hungry you goddamn fuckstick.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 3, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Ok,this has stopped being funny and has gone into obnoxious. Seriously,what do I have to do for whoever's doing this to stop?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I knew when I saw the new thread title something was going down and I was right. I can't wait to see the mods that come out in the next few weeks.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
it hasn't stopped being funny

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
On a note unrelated to :gay:, the Increased Forest Density mod is pretty cool. The huge number of trees and the greater number of predators make the forest maps feel way more dangerous and "wilderness"-y.

Note that I recommend it only in use with conjunction with a mod that adds fences, because without fences and/or clearcutting a big open swath around your base filled with turrets, all your colonists will die in the first week on account of getting hunted to death by wolves.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

No please keep changing the avatar back, lowtax has to pay for the forum update somehow

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

VolticSurge posted:

Ok,this has stopped being funny and has gone into obnoxious. Seriously,what do I have to do for whoever's doing this to stop?

Realize how much money they are wasting to tilt you about a computer game, smile and laugh, step into the sunshine.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Baloogan posted:

it hasn't stopped being funny

Well,it's not funny to me. What do I have to do? Apologize? Whatever they want,I'll do it. Just to stop this nonsense.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Well,it's not funny to me. What do I have to do? Apologize? Whatever they want,I'll do it. Just to stop this nonsense.

Definitely keep posting about how unhappy you are about it

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

VolticSurge posted:

So,someone changed my avatar. Very funny,guys. If I admit I'm a horrible human being,will you stop loving with my avatar?

You got your avatar changed for that response? Ahahahahaha

As explain by Tiny Brontosaurus in the US POL thread....
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796170&userid=203625#post466014484

quote:

Avatar Man is John Franklin Stephens, an anti-ableism activist affiliated with the Special Olympics who wrote this letter to Ann Coulter after her "doing a standard retard" gem dropped.

The avatar image is cropped from this shot of him addressing a crowd of people as he often does in his role as a Special Olympics Global Messenger.

He's done more good in the world than nearly anyone posting here, and abusing a photo of him taken on a day he was rightfully happy and proud is a special kind of cruel that should not be tolerated here.

So, basically, the person who changed your avatar is more of a piece of poo poo than really anyone else has been in this conversation.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

Well, first you'll have to send a deposit of $1,000 to this Nigerian prince I know.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

VolticSurge posted:

I definitely think you should take it more seriously.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Internet Explorer posted:

You got your avatar changed for that response? Ahahahahaha

As explain by Tiny Brontosaurus in the US POL thread....
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796170&userid=203625#post466014484

So, basically, the person who changed your avatar is more of a piece of poo poo than really anyone else has been in this conversation.

Ah,good to know.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

VolticSurge posted:

its not me lol

im just laughing at u hahaha

ive gone from "ugh gender politics!" to just laughing about this breathing new life into rimworld

gently caress yes i hope we get a deep relationship model update complete with childrearing and artificial insemination for gay couples!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Baloogan posted:

its not me lol

ive gone from "ugh gender politics!" to just laughing about this breathing new life into rimworld

gently caress yes i hope we get a deep relationship model update complete with childrearing and artificial insemination for gay couples!

I wasn't accusing you. I'm just a tad annoyed by this nonsense.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Baloogan posted:

its not me lol

Would own tbh, but Tynan has said he is never doing child rearing because the time scale of the game is too short for it to be meaningful something something MGTOW

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the game starts to model human pregnancy you do realise it's also going to create a demand for a morning after pill drug that you can prescribe to all your female colonists once daily so they don't get debuffed and make useless children that you have to feed and I can't loving wait for the article on the ethics of that no siree... :can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
who the gently caress named tynan tynan
hes named like a diablo NPC