Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Law Cheetah posted:

h-he'll be okay, right guys? right? :ohdear:

Of course, All Might can never lose :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm literally shaking after reading that holy god

I know you can win, All Might!!!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Begemot posted:

Of course, All Might can never lose :ohdear:

All Might will win.

And then he will die. :smith:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That panel of Deku and Bakugou is great.

Law Cheetah posted:

h-he'll be okay, right guys? right? :ohdear:

Heroes don't lose.
--All Might

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also, All Might's teacher seems pretty cool and I hope we get to see more of her in his spinoff.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Holy poo poo, what a fantastic chapter.

I loved that even though everyone saw him in his weakened state they still cheered for him. Even if he dies now he will still be the symbol of peace.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Welp. Looks like I'll have to wait an entire week before I can breathe again.... This comic is amazing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All Might is so good

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Rhonne posted:

Also, All Might's teacher seems pretty cool and I hope we get to see more of her in his spinoff.

All For One imitating her was unbelievably savage. Right down to the goofy gesture and her old-lady speech pattern. Ice cold.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i don't think all might will die here he needs more time to really chew the fat on the revelations about his mentor's grandchild

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
GODDAMN! All For One is a fucker!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
like holy goddamn what is up with the chapters this week, One Piece, Helck and MHA have some of the best chapters they've had in ages

I still don't think all might will die here, I think he's going to be crippled, hospitalized, but not killed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JosephWongKS posted:

All Might will win.

And then he will die. :smith:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Quick question: Was it ever confirmed that Shiragaki's quirk was the quirk he was naturally born with? Is there any chance that it was granted to him by AFO, since it doesn't seem like its something he inherited from his family.

Edit:
You monster.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
If nothing else, I think after this fight All Might's gonna burn out his powers completely.

The start of the manga has All Might pushing himself beyond the limit because of what Deku does trying to rescue Bakugou, and this week Gran Torino says the same thing to him. So I can definitely see him blowing his arm apart Deku style going to 1000% power or something to put this guy down.

I think one interesting thing we learned that All for One isn't just limited to a couple of Quirks due to his injuries, but apparently always had a finite number of abilities he used at one time. It's probably for the best because "power thief" type characters work best when they are limited from just pulling whatever bullshit the writer needs out of their rear end.

UchihaHirou posted:

Quick question: Was it ever confirmed that Shiragaki's quirk was the quirk he was naturally born with? Is there any chance that it was granted to him by AFO, since it doesn't seem like its something he inherited from his family.

Edit:

You monster.

We know Nana had a Quirk besides One for All, so it's possible it is his natural Quirk, though I dunno, I feel like All for One gifting him the Quirk makes a better Deku/All Might Shimura/All for One parallel. If All for One wanted to be a real fucker, he could have stolen Nana's own Quirk and given it to Shimura if he was Quirkless.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 26, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It may be that he lost his stockpile when his head was smashed apart. He is using all different quirks now because that is what he has.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I think one interesting thing we learned that All for One isn't just limited to a couple of Quirks due to his injuries, but apparently always had a finite number of abilities he used at one time. It's probably for the best because "power thief" type characters work best when they are limited from just pulling whatever bullshit the writer needs out of their rear end.

Well, it could just be that he's gotten new quirks in the meantime, and also be's given away a lot of his older ones. He is building an army of Noumus, after all. Those all have several quirks each.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
That's possible, and even probable, but I dunno, it's maybe just the wording (which is always a foolish argument based on a fan translation) combined with things he's said in the last few chapters, but I definitely get the idea that even in the past he usually only ran around with a relatively small number of Quirks. Given his personality, I'm sure it's because he was spreading them out amongst minions and such, even before Noumus.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I believe in All Might.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I believe his personality is the exact opposite. He stockpiles every quirk that he wants, but dumps the ones he doesn't want on noumus. He just isn't obsessed with taking every quirk in the world for himself or any such nonsense.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

It's been established that compounding quirks has negative side effects, like compounding strength. It seems like AfO is using a lot of weird quirks just to keep himself together, then whatever else he's he's cobbled together combat All Might in this maybe-final showdown. Even though AfO is doing some psychological gloating right now, it seems like he's in pretty bad shape. It'll be scary if he makes it out alive.

Has it been established why All Might is so hung up on the idea that the bearer of One for All should be seen as a "natural born hero"?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
One indication that he no longer has his old quirk stockpile is his lack of teleporting options. He only had one very limited teleporting quirk and was inconvenienced by this fact. There are a bunch of possible reasons for that, but I think that if he had something better he would have used it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Space-Bird posted:

It's been established that compounding quirks has negative side effects, like compounding strength. It seems like AfO is using a lot of weird quirks just to keep himself together, then whatever else he's he's cobbled together combat All Might in this maybe-final showdown. Even though AfO is doing some psychological gloating right now, it seems like he's in pretty bad shape. It'll be scary if he makes it out alive.

Has it been established why All Might is so hung up on the idea that the bearer of One for All should be seen as a "natural born hero"?

The Symbol of Peace has to be an image of perfect, eternal invincibility in his mind. Quirkless people are a weakened minority.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's gonna be forever before we get this animated :smith:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I believe Goku can beat Cell.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Also probably because the strength of OfA would be absolutely horrifying in the hands of even an insufficiently heroic person.

I'm really interested in Nana. Hopefully get some flashbacks after this arc, it seems like she maybe had a different philosophy of heroism than All Might. Maybe she was a Thorfinn style pacifist? I could definitely see that developing out of accidentally reducing someone to paste with OfA.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
If I ever have kids (lolno), I look forward to watching this with them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Begemot posted:

Also probably because the strength of OfA would be absolutely horrifying in the hands of even an insufficiently heroic person.

I'm really interested in Nana. Hopefully get some flashbacks after this arc, it seems like she maybe had a different philosophy of heroism than All Might. Maybe she was a Thorfinn style pacifist? I could definitely see that developing out of accidentally reducing someone to paste with OfA.

The whole symbol of peace thing is something All Might came up with. Before him, there was no sole invincible hero running around so his predecessors must have been much more low key.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I particularly love the wrinkle in the story that One for All was an accidental afterthought born out of All for One, that has come back to haunt him. Like from his point of view, he's just trying to bend the world to his yoke, and then something he did as an after thought comes back to bite him in the butt. It wouldn't have even mattered, but a couple of dorks got it in their head to actually do the right thing at the expense of their own selves... which seems to be the only thing a person like AfO can't handle.

AfO isn't even the slightest bit sympathetic, yet he's a really interesting villain. I'd love to know more about Shimura Nana though...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I imagine any flashbacks about Nana will be mostly relegated to the All Might spin-off

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also lol Sparkles' Mom:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
lol this chapter is so loving good

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
AFO really twisting the loving knife this chapter.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Oh god damnit. :saddowns:

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
Yeah, my money's on All Might survives, but his arm that he's winding up melts from his final burst of One for All, which also burns out his remaining reserve he has of it, forcing him to retire fulltime. He may or may not atomize All For One in the process, but he'll certainly drive him off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It'd be cool if all might wound up stuck in a wheelchair as all slight for the rest of the series.

And by cool I mean terrible but I'd prefer it to him being dead

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

holy poo poo

it's sort of hard to put words to that, and it's only going to get crazier from here

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Not seeing enough love for AFO's creepy featureless skin-face here.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Alectai posted:

Yeah, my money's on All Might survives, but his arm that he's winding up melts from his final burst of One for All, which also burns out his remaining reserve he has of it, forcing him to retire fulltime. He may or may not atomize All For One in the process, but he'll certainly drive him off.

If All Might ends up blowing his own arm off from using his power, I wonder what affect that'll have on Deku, considering how the doctors keep warning him about his own arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

There isn't anything to predicate this on, but we haven't really seen All Might use his power localized like this.. but we have seen Deku do it. Basically I am saying if All Might got the idea for an all or nothing attack using OfA by watching Deku I am gonna rip out my heart and eat it because this dumb boy comic is gonna make me tear up.