Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The douche that killed Morgan's substitute son is going on a hunger strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s cool that so far this entire episode is all original storytelling diverging from the books.

What I’m saying is this is trash.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
"Oh, good, there will be more from Lothar and the Filthy Trash People," said no one ever

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I know we need Dwight, but after this I'm gonna kill him :black101:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So they’re crossing over someone from Fear to this show? Neat?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just love how extremely cool and normal and not incredibly loving stupid going out for a drive is while your community is in open war against another.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Suddenly opera music.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Carol has earned an apprentice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jesus gently caress Carl how loving dumb are you

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Alright new guy, you and Carl have killed zombies together, you're bros now

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

That was a nice clean explosion.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I genuinely cannot comprehend how these characters are so loving dumb. You had a gun! And like of sight! WHY WERE YOU STANDING UP???? WHY DO YOU THEN DROP YOUR GUN?

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

EDIT: lady you can just double tap your AirPod to start music you don’t need to bring the phone out.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Door's not locked :shrug:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don't think the "You think they would really kill us?" works unless it's Negan.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Got to love how a Savior plan was discovered by dumb luck, but then was foiled by more dumb luck totally unconnected to the original dumb luck.
Like how do you even storyboard this crap? It's like they drew up some ideas on index cards, dropped all the cards and placed them together at random.

It's just so lazy and I'm really not sure how Gimple or whoever is responsible keeps their job.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whole episode was original padding poo poo to make the war storyline longer. Which didn’t need to be if they loving stuck to it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Why. Why would Rick go to the garage people like that. Why do they need them, and why on Earth would he think they'd be at all trustworthy? Of course he was going to end up naked I'm a shipping container.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao so another episode where nothing happened

S7 is the new S2

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Kelly posted:

Why. Why would Rick go to the garage people like that. Why do they need them, and why on Earth would he think they'd be at all trustworthy? Of course he was going to end up naked I'm a shipping container.

It's all part of the plan.

And even if it wasn't it will coincidentally have been the right move later on for no reason.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Kelly posted:

Even among the bilge where this season's standards can be found, I was utterly disappointed that the trash people were back. They were the stupidest loving gimmick.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Lennie James is on Talking Dead and is saying he's done with the main show but he's not dead yet?? :lol:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo lmao that rpg scene was amazing

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Shneak posted:

Lennie James is on Talking Dead and is saying he's done with the main show but he's not dead yet?? :lol:

That's interesting. I do wonder whether they will even get another season. The whole thing smells of no money and desperation from the writer's room.

I hope FTWD does keep on because it's become pretty passable telly.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

I just caught up on last week's before watching tonight's sexy garbage people episode, I'm sorta bad at watching things so can someone please explain to me the Darryl/Rick TNT argument?

I thought they were arguing over whether to use it to draw walkers to Sanctuary, but I also thought this whole season opened with them drawing walkers to Sanctuary using window-shooting technologies, so obviously I'm wrong on one of these counts.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

daryl wanted to use it to blow a hole in the walls so the walkers could get in

rick wanted to use it for the 4th of july party

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Shneak posted:

Yeah, that was a bit...final. Have a hard time believing he'd be saying "BYE FOREVER" if he was gonna be back next season. Also not imagining AMC would want to pay an actor double the salary to appear on two shows in the main cast when you have some guys like Reedus and Lincoln pulling in a ton of $$--they'd just want more. Gimple's message of "we totally have a lot more story for Morgan on TWD guyz!" smacked of damage control.

Also I can't believe I'm bothering, but I have to wonder how this works timelinewise. Abraham would have worked great. But we're supposed to believe Morgan went from GA to TX after the first episode of TWD, hung out with Madison and Strand, then went back to Rick's town in GA for Rick to find him getting CLEAR and trapping walkers? And wasn't his son with him in the town? So will his son be on FTWD played by some other child actor cause that kid's gotta be 20 or so by now.

I thought Duane was bit by his walker mother and turned so Morgan had to put him down and that was what made Morgan a little nutty cookoo. This would imply it happened shortly after the first episode while Morgan and Duane were still in town. And Morgan stayed there going crazy. So where does he get time to go to Texas?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Remy Marathe posted:

I just caught up on last week's before watching tonight's sexy garbage people episode, I'm sorta bad at watching things so can someone please explain to me the Darryl/Rick TNT argument?

I thought they were arguing over whether to use it to draw walkers to Sanctuary, but I also thought this whole season opened with them drawing walkers to Sanctuary using window-shooting technologies, so obviously I'm wrong on one of these counts.
Daryl wanted to blow a hole in the side of Sanctuary to kill everyone in there with zombies, even the civilians maybe. Rick said that wiping out settlements was not an option.

Earlier Negan's lieutenant suggested wiping out Hilltop as a warning if they don't get in line. Negan got pissed because "people are a resource". It's like poetry.

They might be wiffing a lot of the action this season pretty badly, and totally spinning their wheels a lot (like this episode), but I'm on board for the (few) scenes debating the morality of war. You could poo poo on them if you wanted to, but they seem like the level of thinking that people in that situation would have.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

I'm watching right now and I lol'ed at the RPG and at deux ex garbage truck but wondered why Rosita would run outside after the garbage truck without carrying the RPG she had literally just been using. It's not a bad episode though I guess. I mean aside from the trash people

Randandal fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 27, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

DarklyDreaming posted:

Alright new guy, you and Carl have killed zombies together, you're bros now

Hi, my weekly nitpick is wondering how the short blade Saddiq used on the first zombie reached it's brain after stabbing up through the lower jaw.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I genuinely cannot comprehend how these characters are so loving dumb. You had a gun! And like of sight! WHY WERE YOU STANDING UP???? WHY DO YOU THEN DROP YOUR GUN?

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

EDIT: lady you can just double tap your AirPod to start music you don’t need to bring the phone out.

That was the dumbest sequence on this show this season. Obviously, that's saying a lot. Also, Trash Queen's "He talks too much" is for every character in this ep.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Am I right in assuming the effects department was so lazy in the scene at the end that they looped a rainfall sound effect and hosed the actors / car in a mist and thought nobody'd notice it wasn't raining at all?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Astroman posted:

Yeah, that was a bit...final. Have a hard time believing he'd be saying "BYE FOREVER" if he was gonna be back next season. Also not imagining AMC would want to pay an actor double the salary to appear on two shows in the main cast when you have some guys like Reedus and Lincoln pulling in a ton of $$--they'd just want more. Gimple's message of "we totally have a lot more story for Morgan on TWD guyz!" smacked of damage control.

Also I can't believe I'm bothering, but I have to wonder how this works timelinewise. Abraham would have worked great. But we're supposed to believe Morgan went from GA to TX after the first episode of TWD, hung out with Madison and Strand, then went back to Rick's town in GA for Rick to find him getting CLEAR and trapping walkers? And wasn't his son with him in the town? So will his son be on FTWD played by some other child actor cause that kid's gotta be 20 or so by now.

I thought Duane was bit by his walker mother and turned so Morgan had to put him down and that was what made Morgan a little nutty cookoo. This would imply it happened shortly after the first episode while Morgan and Duane were still in town. And Morgan stayed there going crazy. So where does he get time to go to Texas?

Literally nothing about any of this makes any loving sense as his timeline is pretty well established.

JossiRossi posted:

Got to love how a Savior plan was discovered by dumb luck, but then was foiled by more dumb luck totally unconnected to the original dumb luck.
Like how do you even storyboard this crap? It's like they drew up some ideas on index cards, dropped all the cards and placed them together at random.

It's just so lazy and I'm really not sure how Gimple or whoever is responsible keeps their job.

Not only keeps his job but fires and replaces whoever makes him look bad apparently

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Why not just use the RPG on the vehicle? lmao

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Akumos posted:

Why not just use the RPG on the vehicle? lmao

I was screaming that too. Something along the lines of "Gee, it'd be nice if I knew where I could get an ANTI-VEHICLE WEAPON.."

ED: If they were going to surprise RPG it would have been 10x cooler to do it to the truck than "RANDOM DARYL." I like how he asks if they were a savior AFTER he runs them over.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'll watch Fear with Lennie James, I'm sure the first episode will be great but after that turns to poo poo again

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The explosion from the RPG was hilariously poor. Sub film-student-project stuff.

This show is some sort of tax scam or something.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

precision posted:

lmao so another episode where nothing happened

S7 is the new S2

"all out bore"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This show is the TV version of the producers where the show runners have been desperately trying to make the worst show so it bombs and they can get a tax break or something but now they’re 8 seasons in as much as they try the show refuses to end.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

RPGs just growin on trees now I guess

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Johnny Truant posted:

RPGs just growin on trees now I guess

No, that's not it at all. It's just that Negan, who keeps tight contol of all the guns in the area, has an offsite, unguarded warehouse full of RPGs and other military grade weapons, because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Astroman posted:

No, that's not it at all. It's just that Negan, who keeps tight contol of all the guns in the area, has an offsite, unguarded warehouse full of RPGs and other military grade weapons, because

I like how they showed Rosita reaching into the smoke grenade box... only to find out it's empty! Whoa! Some serious tension there, drat