Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Lamuella posted:

I just started wondering how WWE would treat Chris Brookes with his ridiculous beanpole bod.

I think about what WWE would do if ZSJ signed with them. Sometimes I laugh. Sometimes a shiver goes down my spine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

I think about what WWE would do if ZSJ signed with them. Sometimes I laugh. Sometimes a shiver goes down my spine.

Tenay and Dave had an amazing line about how Ibushi would of destroyed his Hall of Fame chances if he signed after the CWC and yeah I totally see it given Caristico hasn't fully shaken the fall out of his Sin Cara run

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/1119752914199703552

Evergreen.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1315042885126041601?s=20

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

tunnel snakes rule

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Deuce, Domino and Cherry are ALL ELITE

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Miro shared a Lana training YouTube video with Natalya. While workers gonna work, there is definitely a dark undercurrent where WWE are tormenting Lana physically with the current one table spot a week from Nia.

https://youtu.be/M5gC0TsDcbA

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1315141239642230784?s=19

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I know we have the separate thread, but...what did he make up?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidbix posted:

I know we have the separate thread, but...what did he make up?

I've crossposted your question and the tweet to the Cornette thread so it can be answered there and Cornette can remain quarantined, thanks.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDSOkafF8bY

To quote Jericho "poor Ryback.." I really dislike when people hate a wrestler so they deny they were over. Ryback was over from all I've seen and heard so I don't blame Jericho for wanting to wrestle a star on the rise and not a total nobody.

All that should matter is if a wrestler can get over. Their workrate or anything else is a secondary concern.

I dunno, this just popped up on my recs and I dislike the whole thing, even the moral of the story which seems to be "do whatever you're told by your boss." The WWE is dying because nobody can tell Vince "no."

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 11, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't want to watch chris jericho and sorry if i'm not participating in the conversation properly but ryback was so over for a very, very short amount of time in 2012 that they should have changed whatever the plans were and put the title on him, if they wanted him to be a big star, even though it would cause issues elsewhere. he lost the shine after losing his title match and wwe doesn't know how to get that back, or how to get it in the first place

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 11, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ryback was dangerous but he made CM Punk cry a lot so there's that

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Ryback Rules

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Ryback trying to find food on the road stories were always really funny - the guy was literally always eating

Feed him more

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't think ryback is a good wrestler or even person, but I also find him like, kind of charming. In the same way that one might describe Beavis and butthead as charming for the lack of a better word for it. He's just a real dumb guy.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I really liked his cornfed meathead stage on NXT where he was just a big dumb lovable redneck, I definitely get what you mean

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

I really liked his cornfed meathead stage on NXT where he was just a big dumb lovable redneck, I definitely get what you mean

Even the stuff where he was on the main today just acting like Ogre from revenge of the nerds with the bully gimmick was really funny.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Orange Carlisle posted:

Skip Sheffield's backpack stunner was great.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Skip Sheffield's backpack stunner was great.

eddie edwards did it better.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLkWPtCw96U

Ryback rules. :colbert:

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

Vandar posted:

Ryback rules. :colbert:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rybaxel were a fun Bulk & Skull style goon heel tag team

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ryback sucks.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ryback sucks.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Both viewpoints are true at the same time with him, somehow

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ryback sucks.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Rybaxel were worth it entirely for Ryback's Step Brothers inspired tights, which I cannot find a picture of right now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ryback sucks.

I'm not contesting this.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

beggar posted:

Ryback Rules

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

ryback sucks but rybaxel rules

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Ryback saved Kalisto's life in one of his last matches and that's my only real memory of him.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The funniest thing about Ryback was that he did so many steroids that he blew out his body's ability to produce it naturally so he had a special doctor's note to do steroids

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
rybaxel reunion when, please. please. i need this

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Rybaxel sucks

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i got really baked one evening and watched ryback eat a burger. it was mesmerizing.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ryback vs Two Cakes guy from AEW.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Ryback was the proto-Corbin. The major difference is they went completely nuts on Corbin's booking.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Joey McChrist posted:

i got really baked one evening and watched ryback eat a burger. it was mesmerizing.

nobody introduce this person to megabyte ronnie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Didn't Rybaxel have an extremely pleasant break up for a tag team? I seem to recall it was just them chatting in the locker room saying "Man it's been fun, time to go our separate ways. Good luck!"