Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm returning to Texas from my exile in the Northeast, and I will turn the tide against Beto's hordes of Antifa super soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Just shut up and keep your poo poo opinions to yourself like everyone else and get some kolaches and BBQ.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Whilst I was tweaking with EU4 I created a new flag for Texas:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Grouchio posted:

This is heresy.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Grouchio posted:

New East New Mexico?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KoltenParker/status/986243885780250624

Texas State Teachers College ousted its racist student body president, which, lol. Also, Nixon wasn't impeached dipshit

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Don't worry guys Blake Farenthold is totally going to repay the $84k

https://twitter.com/eramshaw/status/986232609415090176

quote:

But there’s no legal avenue to force Farenthold to repay the money — meaning the only option is “public shame,” said Jordan Libowitz, communications director for the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fortunately he's eminently susceptible to public sh...

Oh no

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Edward Mass posted:

This is heresy.
Heresy would be a star with a cowboy hat.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ChronOpinion/status/985918317339774977

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeaaaaah probably. Nothing good ever happens.

If loving David Dewhurst hadn't botched that gimme election Ted Cruz would be an afterthought, maybe a Fox News commentator. And if he hadn't botched being Lt. Gov so bad we might not have had Dan Patrick. Therefore, Dewhurst is history's greatest monster.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

This is a lot of paragraphs to state what the headline basically covers in six words.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I was on a flight with beto yesterday. I'm not a fan (he's too far right for me) but I'll vote for him in November. He was very polite towards the people greeting him.

Of note, however: he did not have any kind of advanced boarding status with Southwest. How can that possibly be? Or maybe he just doesn't use it out of principle.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I was on a flight with beto yesterday. I'm not a fan (he's too far right for me) but I'll vote for him in November. He was very polite towards the people greeting him.

Of note, however: he did not have any kind of advanced boarding status with Southwest. How can that possibly be? Or maybe he just doesn't use it out of principle.

he wants to be viewed as a regular joe

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I imagine any politician with a brain would ride coach after all the Trump people getting poo poo for flying first class or charter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

I imagine any politician with a brain would ride coach after all the Trump people getting poo poo for flying first class or charter.

Bernie....

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Badger of Basra posted:

It's southwest. Ever seat is the same coach seat. But if you take enough flights (25 in a year) you'll get status where guy board in the first 60 at worst. He didn't have that even.

I'm more shocked that he didn't take 25 flights in a year last year.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

It's southwest. Ever seat is the same coach seat. But if you take enough flights (25 in a year) you'll get status where guy board in the first 60 at worst. He didn't have that even.

I'm more shocked that he didn't take 25 flights in a year last year.

Probably just not on Southwest. I'm sure he's done more than 25 segments across airlines.

Though I think they also let you pay for the privilege of boarding early. I don't know, I fly AA.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

They do but it's pricy compared to the cheap fare. Maybe it's cause I take 75 SWA legs a year for work, but I'm shocked that anyone working on texas in a travel job (or campaigning state wide) wouldn't fly SWA all the time. It's very convenient for intrastate travel.

Oh well Beto was polite to staff and passengers so there ya go that's the whole story.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status/986652051219337216

We'll have to see if that translates to electoral success but it's better than not raising a whole bunch of money.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Double posting because

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/986660665678016524
:prepop:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

No Safe Word posted:

This is a lot of paragraphs to state what the headline basically covers in six words.

It is a lot of paragraphs talking about not Beto in an article that is supposed to be about how Beto won't win. And the few paragraphs that do talk about it, don't really say anything.

This really just could have been the headline and the guy's name.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

They do but it's pricy compared to the cheap fare. Maybe it's cause I take 75 SWA legs a year for work, but I'm shocked that anyone working on texas in a travel job (or campaigning state wide) wouldn't fly SWA all the time. It's very convenient for intrastate travel.

AA flies out of Easterwood here in College Station. There is no greater convenience. Sure, it's only to Dallas, but I'm all interstate and international, so it works for me.

Intrastate work and campaigning though, yeah, get as much bang for your donation buck as possible.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I can't even fathom Beto winning. I'm not sure I could handle it from a happiness level.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

For me it's not so much about Beto winning, it's about Ted Cruz losing.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status/986652051219337216

We'll have to see if that translates to electoral success but it's better than not raising a whole bunch of money.

The article mentions TX-07 where Lizzie and Laura have both raised a ton but even Alex T who didn't make the runoff raised over $1M for the primary campaign, and he (like the two runoff candidates) also did it all from personal contributions.

zoux posted:

It's both, Cruz losing is sweeter but Beto winning is pretty cool too and actually does something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nate-sama is intrigued

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/986728526446460928

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

DCCC loving around with TX-07 again, maybe unintentionally this time?

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/oops-moment-democrats-touchy-texas-primary-n867001

quote:

The DCCC, the campaign arm of House Democrats, sent out a corrected version of a press release Wednesday morning after implying support for a candidate who is still facing off against a fellow Democrat in an unusually sensitive primary runoff.

That candidate, Texas Democrat Lizzie Fletcher, was initially included on a press release including the organization's “red-to-blue” candidates — Democrats running in competitive red districts who receive priority support from the national group, several of whom are also locked in competitive primaries.

A corrected version of the press release, sent six minutes later, omitted Fletcher's name.

A DCCC aide told NBC News "This was a communications staff drafting error in a press release.”

If they're trying to sway people, it's almost more likely to have the opposite effect at this point. As a voter in TX-07, I'm not fully decided on who I'll vote for in the runoff (I voted for neither in the initial primary), and poo poo like this almost gets Moser sympathy points.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

zoux posted:

is empty quoting in D&D kosher

I know very little about him but beto seems ok for a Texas politician

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Marxalot posted:

is empty quoting in D&D kosher

R. Guyovich posted:

yes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well look who's out of posting jail

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

zoux posted:

Well look who's out of posting jail

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Does Nate-sama still have hair?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Cruz is getting crushed

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/04/19/ted-cruzs-gushing-praise-donald-trump-brings-derision

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I would like it if Ted Cruz could lose this election please

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Hope is a lie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Stop pedalling that strawman argument you sadbrain.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beto's gotten a lot of good press lately but Cruz still has the upper hand. If Beto loses don't let it take away from other democrat wins.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
538 is giving Beto a lower chance of winning this Senate race than they gave Hillary Texas in the general, so he’s not winning.

It’s a nice thought, but I’m not getting fooled again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Don't chase false hope and all, but the election isn't tomorrow. There is a lot of time left for things to develop one way or the other.