Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Mince Pieface posted:

Who Knew that inflamed hair follicles are cause by gluten intolerance and not by avoiding the shower for 3 months??

That actually looks like (pretty severe) keratosis pilaris, which is just an ordinary skin disorder which is not in any way caused by gluten. :sigh: Source: my daughter and I both have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

AtraMorS posted:

From the public comments of a local paper's story about Georgia's governor vetoing one of those Religious Freedom to Discriminate laws:

If it wasn't for all the Fortune 50 companies and CNN headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia would be Alabama.

Although I think the risk of losing SuperBowls in the new 1.5 billon dollar stadium finally killed that bill.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Karma Monkey posted:

Well, I think it said something about stoning them to death, so just denying them cakes and flowers would be progress, if it weren't for the fact that it's 2016 and not all Christians even agree with this poo poo - so basically just a bunch of bigoted assholes using their religion to legitimize their bigotry and lovely personalities AKA assholes being assholes like they've been since day 1 of humankind.

The bible is actually pretty clear about not treating other people like poo poo irrespective of who they are.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

cmndstab posted:

The bible is actually pretty clear about not treating other people like poo poo irrespective of who they are.

By "bible" I assume you mean NT, because the OT is truckloads of treating other people like poo poo, with God's blessing in some cases and by direct command in others.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TheKennedys posted:

That actually looks like (pretty severe) keratosis pilaris, which is just an ordinary skin disorder which is not in any way caused by gluten. :sigh: Source: my daughter and I both have it.

Eh, it could be an unusually sparse breakout of dermatitis herpetiformis, which can be caused by exposure to gluten. Which is why things like "gluten free shampoo" aren't ridiculous; sone people get rashes from shampoos and body washes that have hydrolyzed wheat proteins in them.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I guess this is more mishandling of their social media rather than typical users. This weekend was the centenary of the Easter Rising a significant event in Irish history that was basically the catalyst for Irish independence from Britain. It was definitely a bloody event and a complex issue and a big part of its effect was how Britain executed the leaders turning public perception against themselves. Anyways the Telegraph has posted two articles on their face book page drawing comparisons directly between it and Islamic State. The comments are full of people going ape poo poo.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

AlbieQuirky posted:

Eh, it could be an unusually sparse breakout of dermatitis herpetiformis, which can be caused by exposure to gluten. Which is why things like "gluten free shampoo" aren't ridiculous; sone people get rashes from shampoos and body washes that have hydrolyzed wheat proteins in them.

I mean, it *could* but it looks exactly like keratosis pilaris like Kennedys said, which is far, far more common than real Celiac disease (and is managed with lactic acid scrubs).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

EmmyOk posted:

I guess this is more mishandling of their social media rather than typical users. This weekend was the centenary of the Easter Rising a significant event in Irish history that was basically the catalyst for Irish independence from Britain. It was definitely a bloody event and a complex issue and a big part of its effect was how Britain executed the leaders turning public perception against themselves. Anyways the Telegraph has posted two articles on their face book page drawing comparisons directly between it and Islamic State. The comments are full of people going ape poo poo.

Can that be linked? I tried to find it and failed

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

TheKennedys posted:

Have you tried showering? I stumbled upon this sagacious advice in this very thread.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Can that be linked? I tried to find it and failed

Hrm the first one seems to be missing but here is the link to it on their site

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/12205271/Islamic-State-and-the-Easter-Rising.html

The one still on their facebook can be found by searching this page (there is a search function in the top left below the profile picture) with "Easter Rising".

https://www.facebook.com/TELEGRAPH.CO.UK/?fref=ts

It's pretty irritating to read because they treat the backlash as incompetence as opposed to horrific. The biggest example is Connolly who was going to die of injuries he sustained during the rising being tied to a chair so he could be propped up long enough for the firing squad. Calling that incompetent handling of the situation is pretty rich imho.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Well that escalated quickly

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Decrepus posted:

Have you tried showering? I stumbled upon this sagacious advice in this very thread.

Well drat, I was thinking the buildup of dirt would help it, maybe this "showering" thing is a good idea!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

oldpainless posted:

I know a guy who sincerely believes that if an illegal Mexican goes to the government (idk if it's a building or a person or what because he's never more specific than just the government) they are immediately given full health coverage and keys to some place to live and some money.
I know a few people like that.

A friend of mine just did his taxes apparently, because he posted online that he had to pay $1000 because he didn't have health care last year. By the 2015 standards, the fine is 2% of your income above $10,000, so if he's telling the truth, he made like $60,000 last year. But I happen to know that he lost his last well-paying job years ago and his unemployment ran out at least two years ago, he's now living rent-free with his mother (who, to be fair, probably shouldn't live alone), he sold his house, and whatever money he does have goes to camping equipment and his car and poo poo. He probably has a low enough income that he can get on our state's program where you get Obamacare for like twenty bucks a month. But no, his giant steel boner for hating the government is more important.

He's generally pretty nice but a while back he came out as a dumbass racist and now everything he posts annoys me.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

trickybiscuits posted:

A friend of mine just did his taxes apparently, because he posted online that he had to pay $1000 because he didn't have health care last year. By the 2015 standards, the fine is 2% of your income above $10,000, so if he's telling the truth, he made like $60,000 last year. But I happen to know that he lost his last well-paying job years ago and his unemployment ran out at least two years ago, he's now living rent-free with his mother (who, to be fair, probably shouldn't live alone), he sold his house, and whatever money he does have goes to camping equipment and his car and poo poo. He probably has a low enough income that he can get on our state's program where you get Obamacare for like twenty bucks a month. But no, his giant steel boner for hating the government is more important.

He's generally pretty nice but a while back he came out as a dumbass racist and now everything he posts annoys me.

Do what you can to help him or sever. Being in a bad situation sucks and makes people believe lovely things. Getting out of a bad situation can fix that, but only if they realize they are associating with the wrong people.

Hard call, no judgement. But either split or help.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

zakharov posted:

Well that escalated quickly

it took 3 months

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

trickybiscuits posted:

What a rube. When I decided to quit my relatively decent paying job to go back to school I signed up on the state exchange, hoping to find some cheap plan. A month later I get a letter in the mail. Surprise! You're on Medicaid! Literally stumbled into free health care.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

This is true, but it doesn't mention cats with golden guns.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

So THATS why my conditioner says it's gluten free.

Huh, always read that and imagined some poor sap drinking some shampoo/conditioner, making GBS threads their brains out because its soap and then yelling at no one in particular "GLLUUUUUTEEENNN!!"

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
The unicorn metioned in the Bible is clearly a metaphor. It's something of a transliteration, since the Hebrew word is 'Re'em', which was a legendy one horned wild beast from Jewish folklore - unicorn is the closest concept in English. That fuzzy rhino is adorable. :3:

And in the Old Testament, the two greatest commandments from the Law of Moses are "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" and 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself', which Jesus quotes. And in the books of the Prophets, one of the reasons God is angry at the Isrealites and sends them into exile is because for their lack of love and kindness to each other.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
"I read all about the scourging and the crowning with thorns and I could viddy myself helping in and even taking charge of the tolchocking and the nailing in, being dressed in the height of Roman fashion. I didn't so much like the latter part of the book, which is more like all preachy talking than fighting and the old in-out. I liked the parts where these old yahoodies tolchock each other and then drink their Hebrew vino, and getting onto the bed with their wives' handmaidens. That kept me going."

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

trickybiscuits posted:

If your suspicions about his actual level of taxable income are correct, his AGI is way below the filing requirement, so he shouldn't be assessed the Individual Shared Responsibility Payment.

If you want to help him despite his propensity toward making racist comments on social media, point him toward IRS form 8965. It's just one page--all he's gotta do is put his name and SSN on it and check "yes" for 7a, then submit it with his 2015 taxes (if he hasn't sent them in already).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

If your suspicions about his actual level of taxable income are correct, his AGI is way below the filing requirement, so he shouldn't be assessed the Individual Shared Responsibility Payment.

If you want to help him despite his propensity toward making racist comments on social media, point him toward IRS form 8965. It's just one page--all he's gotta do is put his name and SSN on it and check "yes" for 7a, then submit it with his 2015 taxes (if he hasn't sent them in already).

Stop offering solutions to the problem you! Solutions to problems are what got us into this mess to begin with!

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Solutions to problems are what got us into this mess to begin with!

That's a great campaign slogan.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The movie link spam bots are becoming Trump supporters. :stare: We need to stop them before it's too late.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

This is a comment about fictional trains with faces.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

EmmyOk posted:

I guess this is more mishandling of their social media rather than typical users. This weekend was the centenary of the Easter Rising a significant event in Irish history that was basically the catalyst for Irish independence from Britain.

Curious-- is the anniversary observed on the date it happened, or always on Easter regardless of where it falls in a given year?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ninjahedgehog posted:

Curious-- is the anniversary observed on the date it happened, or always on Easter regardless of where it falls in a given year?

It's not usually celebrated at all actually! The Centenary was a big deal though, 2022 will be the next event because that'll be 100 years since independence.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That's beautiful.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The former history major in me wishes I could reach through my monitor and slap him senseless for such a monumental display of idiocy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's a joke right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A group of unicorns is called a "blessing". :pseudo:

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's a joke right?
One look at the avatar should give you your answer.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Regalingualius posted:

The former history major in me wishes I could reach through my monitor and slap him senseless for such a monumental display of idiocy.

You don't have to be a history major to get annoyed at how incorrect he is.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

trickybiscuits posted:

For reference it's not that simple. There is a formula, but you pay the result of that formula or the flat rate, whichever is higher. I think that for a single person with no dependents the flat rate is $975, which means that is the lowest possible amount he could pay unless he isn't filing at all or got an exemption.

Basically there are going to be a shitload of low income people paying a penalty of exactly $975 this year.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

An Egyptian plane was hijacked and though the guy was arrested later apparently he took a selfie with a hostage while wearing his suicide gear

e: looking more that guy isn't the hijacker apparently, very weird whatever is happening

https://twitter.com/sehnaoui/status/714803575822495744

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Semprini posted:

One look at the avatar should give you your answer.

I was hoping it was satire. What is up with that guys avatar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

An Egyptian plane was hijacked and though the guy was arrested later apparently he took a selfie with a hostage while wearing his suicide gear

e: looking more that guy isn't the hijacker apparently, very weird whatever is happening

https://twitter.com/sehnaoui/status/714803575822495744
This is more like awesomeness on social media
Great new profile pic bro