Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Yeah, sounds like the problem was that people waited for the government to step in, doesn't it

I don't think he's saying what the counter-protesters did was wrong? Just that picking and choosing who the law applies to is is a pretty bad idea outside of a structured court of law. I think it's good when nazis get punched but I would expect that if I punched a nazi and got caught I would be taken into a police station for questioning at the very least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Jewish take here, the only time I've ever thrown a punch in anger was someone throwing a "tongue in cheek" Sieg Heil at me but I don't think yeah I eat rear end is a nazi.

Actual PHUO I don't think Trump and friends are really nazis either, they have awful opinions yes but they are still not herding anyone into camps.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't think he's saying what the counter-protesters did was wrong? Just that picking and choosing who the law applies to is is a pretty bad idea outside of a structured court of law. I think it's good when nazis get punched but I would expect that if I punched a nazi and got caught I would be taken into a police station for questioning at the very least

Exactly. The law has to apply to everybody or it's not law. I would expect/hope that in justified cases like this they would get a lighter sentence, but they should still have to face consequences.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
The entire Warhammer setting and everything to do with it is trash

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The nazi government made up reasons for rounding up innocent people. In this case the government would be completely justified in rounding up people involved with actual crimes, because they are actually committing them. In all seriousness considering this "protest" was planned in advance, the national guard should have been on hand and should have shot the guy before his car could hit anyone.

The Jews were actually guilty of their crimes of being Jewish, though? I don't see why you would disregard the validity of Nuremburg laws.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
smh if you think being rational in this day and age should be allowed. being rational makes you just as bad as the actual nazis

this is what i'd say if i were stupid

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Jewish take here, the only time I've ever thrown a punch in anger was someone throwing a "tongue in cheek" Sieg Heil at me but I don't think yeah I eat rear end is a nazi.

Actual PHUO I don't think Trump and friends are really nazis either, they have awful opinions yes but they are still not herding anyone into camps.

Yeah, theyy aren't actual Nazis, but it might be useful to fight far right activism before it morphs into full on Nazi violence, instead of the centrist locking up of leftist defenders of equality on ridiculous charges of being too liberal.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

The Jews were actually guilty of their crimes of being Jewish, though? I don't see why you would disregard the validity of Nuremburg laws.

You are conflating the current situation with Hitler just to try and do an own on me but it doesn't fit at all. Trump may be an idiot but he's not a nazi, nor is anyone (except maybe bannon) in the government. This was a bunch of internet kids playing pretend and one guy taking it too far and committing a terrorist act which he will rightfully spend the rest of his life in prison for. What do you want from me? All I'm asking is that the law be applied to everyone equally.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
First they came for the nazis, and I applauded because I was not a nazi
Then they came for the mras...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

You are conflating the current situation with Hitler just to try and do an own on me but it doesn't fit at all. Trump may be an idiot but he's not a nazi, nor is anyone (except maybe bannon) in the government. This was a bunch of internet kids playing pretend and one guy taking it too far and committing a terrorist act which he will rightfully spend the rest of his life in prison for. What do you want from me? All I'm asking is that the law be applied to everyone equally.

Are you literally retarded? You are saying that the crimes of trying to harm people based on their identity are equally as bad as the crimes of people trying to protect others from the violence of the groups following the formerly mentioned mentality, and you claim you are not a Nazi? That was the thinking that made the Nazis viable, and you are replicating it to the slightest detail. You are perhaps not a Nazi, but you ARE objectively a Nazi supporter / enabler, by any objective definition.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Are you literally retarded? You are saying that the crimes of trying to harm people based on their identity are equally as bad as the crimes of people trying to protect others from the violence of the groups following the formerly mentioned mentality, and you claim you are not a Nazi? That was the thinking that made the Nazis viable, and you are replicating it to the slightest detail. You are perhaps not a Nazi, but you ARE objectively a Nazi supporter / enabler, by any objective definition.

I am not saying that though. They are both equal crimes, but don't deserve equal punishment. Again, settle down. I want to see the guy who drove his car into people strung up as much as the next guy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I am not saying that though. They are both equal crimes, but don't deserve equal punishment. Again, settle down. I want to see the guy who drove his car into people strung up as much as the next guy.

They are not equal crimes. Only a Nazi like you, trying to normalize violence and discredit solidarity, would claim that.

Also don't tell me to settle down, Goebbels. I actually had ancestors kileld because of bullshit relativists like you.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, theyy aren't actual Nazis, but it might be useful to fight far right activism before it morphs into full on Nazi violence, instead of the centrist locking up of leftist defenders of equality on ridiculous charges of being too liberal.

I don't disagree

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
shut the gently caress up you loving morons

steinrokkan posted:

Also don't tell me to settle down, Goebbels. I actually had ancestors kileld because of bullshit relativists like you.

especially you

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
If there is a vegetable you hate and will refuse to eat regardless the preparation, you are a child

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

They are not equal crimes. Only a Nazi like you, trying to normalize violence and discredit solidarity, would claim that.

Hitting someone with a bat or spraying them with pepper spray is the same crime regardless of what their political beliefs are. Stop appealing to emotion to try and win an argument. Murder is also murder, and the guy who did murder will get the punishment for murder, as he should.

I would gladly go to jail for kicking your rear end for calling me a nazi, just to be clear. I would deserve it, even if the rear end kicking was justified. I would have chosen to break the law because it was right, but being right doesn't mean you don't face consequences for your actions.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Trump, who has no qualms about being completely unprofessional, has gingerly avoided directly criticizing white nationalists because he knows they are his support base. So while he may not have a swastika on his bedroom wall, he takes no issue with those who do.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

just pick three sides of dumplings, man. its what i do.

listen here you loving piece of poo poo i've stood by idly while your racist rear end has been bitching about how we need to nuke the south and how all these honkies in the south are the devil and how they all need to be gored but you will not say a motherfucking thing about cracker barrel you loving oval office whore, do you loving hear me? dont you say a word about their delicious rear end steak or their dumplings, gently caress your iowa garbage, i'd rather eat literal poo poo out of the toilets at a cracker barrel because those asses have at least had some good country food in them.

It must be hard going through life wirh such a disability that you think crackerbarrel is this good lol

Re: trump and nazi. I dont think trump or his supporters arw nazis necessarily. I think they have mo qualms adopting their ideology if kt means winning which is an indictment of the republicans and america in general

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

It must be hard going through life wirh such a disability that you think crackerbarrel is this good lol

said by the man who earnestly believes iowa is a good, or even ok place to live

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

If there is a vegetable you hate and will refuse to eat regardless the preparation, you are a child

If there is any food you refuse to eat regardless the preparation you are a child. You also don't understand how food, spices, or probably cooking works.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im the guy who says "oh yeah I don't like seafood" motherfucker, how can you even know? What about Tilapia? Salmon? OYsters? Crab? Lobster? you dense clown. Bisque? Chowder? Ceviche? Sushi?

you absolute fool

trout, tuna, tuna salad, lutefisk,

scallop, squid, escargot?

sea cucumber, urchin, jellyfish?

I've had all these fuckin things and they are all delicious af.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

If boycotting olives in every shape and form makes me a child, so be it. No food has EVER made me gag just by putting it in my mouth before I tried to eat an olive. They can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

Are you implying the government played a part in planning the terrorist attack that occurred? Does Alex Jones post on these forums?

No, I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said. I meant that I'm glad counterprotestors stepped in to punch Nazis, as opposed to the 1930s where there was less punching per Nazi capita. Please don't equate me with Jones. Also not calling you a Nazi, just disagreeing with the particulars of your argument, re expecting government to smack down legitimate shitheads. I think we are more or less on the same page as far as moral obligation to punch Nazis goes

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If boycotting olives in every shape and form makes me a child, so be it. No food has EVER made me gag just by putting it in my mouth before I tried to eat an olive. They can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

you eat rear end

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

This was a bunch of internet kids playing pretend

It was a group of hundreds of white people throwing the Hitler salute and chanting blood and soil. They were nazis.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Turtlicious posted:

im the guy who says "oh yeah I don't like seafood" motherfucker, how can you even know? What about Tilapia? Salmon? OYsters? Crab? Lobster? you dense clown. Bisque? Chowder? Ceviche? Sushi?

you absolute fool

trout, tuna, tuna salad, lutefisk,

scallop, squid, escargot?

sea cucumber, urchin, jellyfish?

I've had all these fuckin things and they are all delicious af.

Never eat the lutefisk

I didn't like tilapia when I tried it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

but there's not just canned olives soaked in brine (which can be gross) there's so many more.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sassassin posted:

Never eat the lutefisk

I didn't like tilapia when I tried it.

right but you didnt swear off all seafood right? and also Tilapia literally just tastes like whatever spices its cooked in, it's the tofu of fish.

That said, I don't like tofu.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

spit on my clit posted:

said by the man who earnestly believes iowa is a good, or even ok place to live

Quote from man who doesn't appreciate corn, bacon, avionics, or the world's largest cereal factory

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

It was a group of hundreds of white people throwing the Hitler salute and chanting blood and soil. They were nazis.

with citronella torches from walmart who probably started pissing themselves when real fighting started to happen. My point is they were armchair nazis who just want to post pepe memes and make their parents ashamed of them. If even a tiny percentage of them started dying because of their activities their "movement" would die.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Turtlicious posted:

If there is any food you refuse to eat regardless the preparation you are a child. You also don't understand how food, spices, or probably cooking works.

I was gonna say that but then I started thinking of ortolan bunting.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

spit on my clit posted:

shut the gently caress up you loving morons

especially you

Thank you for your concern, but also go to hell.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

you eat rear end

yeah, which is better than olives.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

with citronella torches from walmart who probably started pissing themselves when real fighting started to happen. My point is they were armchair nazis who just want to post pepe memes and make their parents ashamed of them. If even a tiny percentage of them started dying because of their activities their "movement" would die.

i think there's a difference between a "conservative protest" and a "nazi protest" and i think this is a nazi protest. just arrest everyone participating regardless of who they're cheering for.

steinrokkan posted:

Thank you for your concern, but also go to hell.

IM ALREADY THERE, ITS CALLED AMERICA

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Please don't give nazis the benefit of the doubt

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yeah, which is better than olives.

Hes right. rear end is the best

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sure, they call themselves nazis, but they only murdered one woman, so clearly it's actually fine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sure, they call themselves nazis, but they only murdered one woman, so clearly it's actually fine.

They sound like murderers to me.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Please don't give nazis the benefit of the doubt

I'm not really, I just think that the killing needs to start before this resurgence of nazism will truly end. If you make all the pasty college republicans realize they are putting their life on the line they will go back to mom's basement and post more memes. Allowing them to "peacefuly" (aka violently) protest just gives them more power. Do more than pepper spray or throw pepsis at them and maybe they will go away.

again though, if you're going to break the law you have to accept the consequences regardless of how right you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The one time in my life I got smashed, couldn't-stand-up, puke-spewing drunk, it was on martinis. I used to love olives, but they elicit a visceral vomit reaction from me now. I suspect my body's telling me, "You stupid bitch, you almost poisoned yourself on this poo poo, NO." Only it picked out the olive instead of the gin. I can still drink gin.

Stupid body.