Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

immediately murdering nerds who don't suspect someone going ham on them in the first 10 minutes of the game is a pretty good strategy too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Babe Magnet posted:

immediately murdering nerds who don't suspect someone going ham on them in the first 10 minutes of the game is a pretty good strategy too

I've had a lot of fun the last couple of days going out of my way to find punch fights

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hot drop fight club is the sport of kings

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VulgarandStupid posted:

If only we had a custom server!

Unironically in this case, though.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Babe Magnet posted:

Yep, I always note if there's one or two people dropping near me, grab a gun asap and then beeline to where they're futzing around with backpacks and angled grips and shoot them in the back of the head.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The other thing I've found effective is getting really aggressive for the final 2 while the other person consider where to camp.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Veritek83 posted:

I've had a lot of fun the last couple of days going out of my way to find punch fights

I chased a guy into 3 different houses, past someone else who I think may have had a pistol, at a glance. But I was too involved to get this guy before he grabbed a gun. Then once I managed to get him, found an UMP, SCAR, and an 8x on the floor above.

Got 4 more kills and then died at 7th from someone shooting at me from outside the blue while i was scanning a hill line.

Haven't yet gotten a solo win (I'm not that good yet) but on average I'll get 10/15 if I live through the landing and first looting.

CMvan46
Oct 7, 2013

Veritek83 posted:

Every time I try this I whiff on all my punches and end up being blasted in the face when they find a shotgun.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Looting forever and then dying without ever firing a shot is a old goon DayZ tradition, stop trying to change things.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Looting forever and then dying without ever firing a shot is a old goon DayZ tradition, stop trying to change things.

This + continually forgetting to switch to auto.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
The uzi is a great weapon if you can find the extended magazine for it.

It gives you almost a 40 round clip.

Combine with a compensator for accuracy and have fun.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

hey welcome to the show! posted:

It gives you almost a 40 round clip.

Combine with a compensator for accuracy and have fun.

This man plays PUBG.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

hey welcome to the show! posted:

https://streamable.com/0od36

Without any mods its still a beast.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://streamable.com/0od36

Without any mods its still a beast.

Trying to kill that downed man almost got you killed broseph.

Your game is really pretty, what are your specs?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fauxshiz posted:

Trying to kill that downed man almost got you killed broseph.

Your game is really pretty, what are your specs?

This was weeks ago so I probably still had textures/AA on ultra but shadows off.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Finally some sweet, sweet chicken dinner!

Dropping in the hospital is fun, found a shotgun and hunted the other guy who dropped there. Then the circle is way out east, so had to hoof it. I found a buggy which I proceeded to flip over a minute later, near the ruins west of water town. The circle contracts, some nerd hiding in the ruins walks into my shotgun and donates me his Kar98. East of water town I find a Dacia, which took me over the water to that compound in the north that's a couple broken cars, metal plate fence and a house. I'm not the first there, cause I followed a Uaz there. The guy's already inside so I camp outside and another guy with a Dacia arrives. Threw some grenades to distract them, stole the Uaz and followed the circle. I got into the only house in the circle, the rest was a piece of river-shore and hilly fields. One guy tried to get into the house and got SCAR-Led and gave me his 2x scope.

With 20 people left I did what every little bitch like me would do and peek out of the windows while everyone keeps everyone else away from the cover of my house. When it got down to 1 on 1 I knew the general area the last guy was in, but I needed to move to new cover so I threw some smoke in his face, so his choices were to move out of cover to spot me or let me reposition. Finally earned/stole myself a chicken dinner.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Bb code sucks

hey welcome to the show! fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 24, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Party Plane Jones posted:

This was weeks ago so I probably still had textures/AA on ultra but shadows off.

Turn your post processing to ultra low. It's what blurs everything else when you ADS.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Cinara posted:

The UMP is wonderful, and I'd always take it over the Vector and will usually carry one until I find a KAR98 or better. The fact that the SMG suppressor is somewhat common is a huge boost to it, turning it into a fake VSS with a 4x scope is better than having a real VSS.

Plus 9mm is so common

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

In today's episode of horrible decision making: Me.

In a solo with roughly 25 people left. I had just made it through dropping on school alive. Killing the last guy in school by dropping behind him and killing him point blank with a saiga. I went to the top of the hill with the watertower to see if I could see anyone leaving Rozhok and low and behold and single guy hopped into a jeep and left heading West. I followed and spotted another guy closing in on the same jeep.

I moved up and in the process the Jeep guy killed the other guy following him. While Jeep guy was looting I moved closer and noticed another guy across the river prone. Jeep guy hopped back into his Jeep to leave and I murdered him. I put on the 8x scope I got from school, put it on my 416 and also killed the guy across the river who happened to have an SKS. I was feeling real good about myself with this sequence of events.

Even better Jeep guy has a sniper silencer but no sniper, and guy across the river had an SKS, and I had an 8x. I felt the need to make all these things come together. Really solid plan. And I had a Jeep too! Perfect!

Nope. I loving decided to SWIM ACROSS THE RIVER. By the time I had reached SKS guy's crate I was already half dead from the circle. So I healed up and decided I needed to get back across the river to the new circle. Look! There's a perfectly good bridge!

Nah, BRIDGES ARE FOR DUMMIES I'M MICHAEL PHELPS AND I'M GOING TO SWIM THIS BITCH

I died in the water

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I never saw the last guy. I fell off the cliff by accident but somehow didn't die then found a single space to squeeze into the final circle, then tossed a frag grenade up on to the cliff where I assumed he had to be. Either it spooked him and he fell or it knocked him off, and I loving took my first solo win :toot:

this game is way too much fun

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
I only dream when this game was optimized or in the Frostbite engine.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

benzine posted:

I only dream when this game was optimized or in the Frostbite engine.

Man, I've been saying this for a while. If not for the netcode alone.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

VulgarandStupid posted:

Man, I've been saying this for a while. If not for the netcode alone.

With 100 million in sales you would think it is their highest priority.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Where the hell is the loot at Gun Range? It's listed as a good zone on a few maps but every time I land there I find jack poo poo. Am I just being dumb or what

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

sum posted:

Where the hell is the loot at Gun Range? It's listed as a good zone on a few maps but every time I land there I find jack poo poo. Am I just being dumb or what

You're being dumb, I tend to find a couple of guns on the upper range, and down range more loot. Don't forget to check the bunker

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Got my first 4-man win last night and then my first solo today! Once it gets down to the last 5 or so people the paranoia and anxiety is unlike any game I've ever played. When games get like this in VR people are going to have serious neck problems.

Anyone know why my frames will dip to about 30 and my ping goes to 900+ when I look around? Is that my graphics card choking or network stuff?

Is a 970 and i5 4690K with 8gigs on ram enough to handle this and Reshade?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Everyone on twitch streams at 720P but most of the professionals play at atleast 1440P. You can't see what he see.
I play at 1440p and still have a hard time to spot people far away. I guess I should disable antialiasing, so that tiny blotches of pixels are more contrasty.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

benzine posted:

You're being dumb, I tend to find a couple of guns on the upper range, and down range more loot. Don't forget to check the bunker

I think that's probably what I'm missing. Still, I just dropped there in solos and all I got was an UMP, an M-16 and a couple 4x's. Doesn't seem much better than the average house compound.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

sum posted:

I think that's probably what I'm missing. Still, I just dropped there in solos and all I got was an UMP, an M-16 and a couple 4x's. Doesn't seem much better than the average house compound.

Tough to base it on one drop since loot will vary from game to game, but make sure you always check all the oil barrels also, i'm usually always finding level 3 helmets/armor/backpacks on them.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Many squads enter crater; One squad leaves.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

maniacripper posted:

Got my first 4-man win last night and then my first solo today! Once it gets down to the last 5 or so people the paranoia and anxiety is unlike any game I've ever played. When games get like this in VR people are going to have serious neck problems.

There should be a regular mode (what we have now), a 'realistic' mode that is only first person view and a 'real' mode that is VR only.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

nimby posted:

There should be a regular mode (what we have now), a 'realistic' mode that is only first person view and a 'real' mode that is VR only.

First person servers are supposed to arrive soon.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
God climbing and vaulting is going to change this game so good.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

sum posted:

The picnic tables also have guns a fair amount. But yeah, one drop isn't that telling.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

OdinsBeard posted:

The picnic tables also have guns a fair amount. But yeah, one drop isn't that telling.

I almost always find a machete in one of the put houses.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

sum posted:

Gun range is pretty weak.

I always have my best games on military base and school - either you die quick or you have a huge advantage late game.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

Gun range is pretty weak.

I always have my best games on military base and school - either you die quick or you have a huge advantage late game.

I'm partial to the hospital. It's a worse position on the map because it's not as centered, though.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I like to start on the ball sack peninsula if I can.

There are other lesser known /used locations I like, but the ball sack is the best.

I don't like to start aggressively.
I like to play it safe early then transition to aggression in mid game then lose horribly late game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I always gently caress up hard when there's less than 20 ppl left.

• Locked thread